Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. (4615 Views)

Why Do Married Couples Rush To Have Kids After Weddings In Nigeria / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Nobody: 11:44am On May 08, 2018
I am not gonna have kids. Not a chance.
Why bring a child into this fvcked up world? Worse still, into a shitty third world African country. God forbids the child falls sick and needs emergency medicare, then you would realise you are fvcked no matter how rich you are.(except if you have a clinic in your home..good luck with that)
Also, with this shitty economy how would you afford a child? Mehn...raising a child up to 18 years or even 22 as is common around here is damn expensive. Well, except if you are gonna use them for child labour as i see often around here. Pathetic.
Next point. Time. I barely have enough time for myself. How do i make out time to be with a kid.
Parenting: I don't just have that 'dad' instincts. I'd do a bad job at that. I'm sorry.
I need to do what makes me happy in this one, wild and crazy life. Travel to many countries, meet different people, help the less privilege, have a whole lotta fun. Kids are gonna get in the way of all these, so NO, no kids.
To all you people popping or intending to pop out kids just remember...the burgeoning population is a nuisance to available resources and also detrimental to survival of existing humans.
Also, all you ignorant people who pop out kids without being responsible for them. You are contributing to menace in society from terrorists to armed robbers and kidnappers. Be warned. Get a birth control method or tie your damn tubes. Those kids you're bringing into the world to suffer will rise against you. They didn't ask for you to birth them.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by nana228(f): 12:43pm On May 08, 2018
People are different and no, I'm not going to convince you to change your mind or not. It's your choice. However, just as you have this choice so do other people. It is wrong to think that people who are doing the opposite of what you think is right are wrong.

The good thing about you is that you know yourself and you have accepted it, unfortunately some people bow to pressure and have kids when they clearly should not. What I think you should be advocating is informed decisions on having children and not just popping kids people can't afford.

Lastly, having kids or not will not heavily affect your chances of being more successful. There are poor childless people and rich people with children and vice versa. Live and let live.

13 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Richy4(m): 1:53pm On May 08, 2018
I just hope when u clock 50, u won't go looking for cats to adopt... smiley

There is no where in the world that is ok..it's not even easy in developed world..

Just that some country's administration is better than others.. that's why it looks as if they were comfortable..

Do you prefer to be in oyibo's shoes where u got paid $6000 a month, in that salary, u pay mortgage, car insurance, funeral insurance, car loan, student loans pay grocery.. by the time u look back, u got $350 left..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Acidosis(m): 3:37pm On May 08, 2018
Lol, I'll bookmark this page. See you in 2048.

11 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Katier00(f): 5:00pm On May 08, 2018
Lazynigerianyouth

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by blesskewe(f): 7:52pm On May 08, 2018
Shoro niyen
Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 08, 2018
OP, we know you are sterile, keep comforting yourself with your sermons.

10 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Tbaby4real(f): 10:55pm On May 08, 2018
I totally agree with you on your decision for not having kid. I used to get upset when I hear people say they are not having kids. I thought they are selfish and do not want to do to others what their parent did for them.

My perspective changed totally when I had my first. Taking care of a child required emotional, psychological and financial readiness. I have seen so many people that could not even pay for their rent yet they will be praying for twins. Why bring a child you could not feed. Some are too delusional by thinking the child would bring his or her food from heaven. Why starve an innocent child.

The most annoying one is those that keep having children they could not feed. Living in a room with six children and still trying to have more. How irresponsible can you be. I know people that are just eager to show to the world how fertile they are without stable income for the family.

I am more concern about those innocent children that they call to this world without taking care of them. So @op, I totally agree with your decision. Until you are ready, please stick with it.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Nobody: 1:48am On May 09, 2018
Tbaby4real:
I totally agree with you on your decision for not having kid. I used to get upset when I hear people say they are not having kids. I thought they are selfish and do not want to do to others what their parent did for them.

My perspective changed totally when I had my first. Taking care of a child required emotional, psychological and financial readiness. I have seen so many people that could not even pay for their rent yet they will be praying for twins. Why bring a child you could not feed. Some are too delusional by thinking the child would bring his or her food from heaven. Why starve an innocent child.

The most annoying one is those that keep having children they could not feed. Living in a room with six children and still trying to have more. How irresponsible can you be. I know people that are just eager to show to the world how fertile they are without stable income for the family.

I am more concern about those innocent children that they call to this world without taking care of them. So @op, I totally agree with your decision. Until you are ready, please stick with it.
Finally! somebody is reasoning alike.
Kids are cool. The little humans are a joy to behold and it's interesting to watch them grow.
But society shouldn't cringe at those who have decided not to have them.
Not everyone is cut out for that.Most people in this clime don't really know how to, or what it takes, to raise kids. They think they are doing the child a favour by having them!! People who are not ready( financially, emotionally, psychologically and even physically) to have kids but have them anyway, are the ones being selfish and inconsiderate. Just because you have reproductive organs doesn't mean you should use them without thinking.
Poor people don't deserve kids; and if you have all the money in the world but no time for your kids, you don't deserve them too. Also, people who birth kids and use them for labour the moment they are up and walking are criminals and should be jailed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Nobody: 2:06am On May 09, 2018
Acidosis:

Lol, I'll bookmark this page. See you in 2048.
Life is easy. If at anytime i feel like i need a child, there are millions of homeless, less privilege kids to adopt and raise. I can't just see that happening anyway. I'd prefer to help them financially than raise them personally.

11 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Nobody: 2:31am On May 09, 2018
nana228:
People are different and no, I'm not going to convince you to change your mind or not. It's your choice. However, just as you have this choice so do other people. It is wrong to think that people who are doing the opposite of what you think is right are wrong.

The good thing about you is that you know yourself and you have accepted it, unfortunately some people bow to pressure and have kids when they clearly should not. What I think you should be advocating is informed decisions on having children and not just popping kids people can't afford.

Lastly, having kids or not will not heavily affect your chances of being more successful. There are poor childless people and rich people with children and vice versa. Live and let live.
Kids are cool. The little humans are a joy to behold and it's interesting to watch them grow. I am not against procreation. It is one of our attributes as humans.
But society shouldn't cringe at those who have chose not to have kids.
Not everyone is cut out for that.Most people in this clime don't really know how to, or what it takes, to raise kids. They think they are doing the child a favour by having them!! People who are not ready( financially, emotionally, psychologically and even physically) to have kids but have them anyway, are the ones being selfish and inconsiderate. Just because you have reproductive organs doesn't mean you should use them without thinking.
Poor people don't deserve kids; and if you have all the money in the world but no time for your kids, you don't deserve them too. Also, people who birth kids and use them for labour the moment they are up and walking, are criminals and should be jailed.
If you are not ready to take up such enormous responsibilities of being a role model, protector, adviser, judge, doctor, disciplinarian, etc, to somebody fragile and vulnerable, then you should really save yourself the stress and worries and most importantly save the unborn child the agony. Take all the time in the world, enjoy life and love yourself. Make a lot of money so you don't need to have kids to take care of you when you are old.

2 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by MrHandsome2013: 6:03am On May 09, 2018
op, you are very correct....as a child i went through emotional and social trauma...my parents made life not worth living for me...my childhood days were indeed very horrible and miserable....now in my late twenties...still finding it hard to relate with my peers.....i dont even have feelings for my parents...each time i set my eyes on them i feel like killing them..they deserve death

12 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Acidosis(m): 6:36am On May 09, 2018
FRoosevelt:
Life is easy. If at anytime i feel like i need a child, there are millions of homeless, less privilege kids to adopt and raise. I can't just see that happening anyway. I'd prefer to help them financially than raise them personally.

I understand your views. Raising kids however has/can never be a problem. If you don't see the need/urge to raise a child, then you are the "problem", child bearing is not the problem and can never be. The problem is you.

Btw, I think you're still too young to know whether you truly want a child or not. Why don't you wait 10 more years instead of making claims you might later regret?

2 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Pavore9: 6:38am On May 09, 2018
MrHandsome2013:
op, you are very correct....as a child i went through emotional and social trauma...my parents made life not worth living for me...my childhood days were indeed very horrible and miserable....now in my late twenties...still finding it hard to relate with my peers.....i dont even have feelings for my parents...each time i set my eyes on them i feel like killing them..they deserve death

Really traumatic. The scars caused by parents are the deepest.

11 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by OneLazyGirl: 7:14am On May 09, 2018
If you'd said people shouldn't birth children they can't cater for, then you'd be making sense. If not having offspring is a choice you want to make, then good for you. but don't come here warning others not to, too.
besides, all your “reasons” are invalid if you have money. go and make money first, then come and talk.

5 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by hasyak(m): 7:58am On May 09, 2018
nana228:

+6.7
Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by rex444(m): 8:19am On May 09, 2018
If only our parents took this decision, we won't be here debating this...then times were even harder and there were no much ideas yet with 6 kids everyone survived ...
Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Safiaa(f): 9:41am On May 09, 2018
Tbaby4real:

i completely agree

3 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Nobody: 10:33am On May 09, 2018
MrHandsome2013:
I'm so sorry about the way you feel. Your parents really wrecked your self confidence. No child should be made to go through what you did. They may be rich but they destroyed you emotionally and psychologically. It's sad that people don't take these issues seriously in this country.

9 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Fortissimo502: 12:20pm On May 09, 2018
Richy4:
I just hope when u clock 50, u won't go looking for cats to adopt... smiley

There is no where in the world that is ok..it's not even easy in developed world..

Just that some country's administration is better than others.. that's why it looks as if they were comfortable..

Do you prefer to be in oyibo's shoes where u got paid $6000 a month, in that salary, u pay mortgage, car insurance, funeral insurance, car loan, student loans pay grocery.. by the time u look back, u got $350 left..

Lol funeral insurance. Abeg na health insurance.
Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Tinalex(f): 1:40pm On May 09, 2018
I totally get you. Its by choice and not by force. This world is really bleeped up big time and most time I think about it all, i cannot but pity the next generation or wish rapture should commence!!!
Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 09, 2018
Tinalex:
I totally get you. Its by choice and not by force. This world is really bleeped up big time and most time I think about it all, i cannot but pity the next generation or wish rapture should commence!!!
Thank youuu.
Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by enabledgoddess(f): 3:18pm On May 09, 2018
If you don't want kids fine . since you lack the financial capacity to, all well and good not to want kids. But do not drag others to it nor seek validation. Yes raising kids demands more but strong people scale through

2 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by greatgod2012(f): 4:21pm On May 09, 2018
MrHandsome2013:

This is serious! I'm so sorry for whatever they might have put you through, please, do forgive them.

And please, for the sake of us who are already parents, can you please shed more light on what they did wrong so that we can learn from it. There are some things we might think it's right which the kids may have contrary opinion on, and we'll just continue with it ignorantly.
Sometimes, parents might think they're showing love or protecting their children which may not go down well with the kids, hence, becoming rebellious!
For you to have these reservations against your parents, it must be a seriously serious something.

@op, I completely agree with you.

May God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 09, 2018
enabledgoddess:
If you don't want kids fine . since you lack the financial capacity to, all well and good not to want kids. But do not drag others tonitnor seek validation
It's interesting how you pick out only the financial reason of all the reasons discussed.

8 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by MrHandsome2013: 6:12pm On May 09, 2018
greatgod2012:

This is serious! I'm so sorry for whatever they might have put you through, please, do forgive them.

And please, for the sake of us who are already parents, can you please shed more light on what they did wrong so that we can learn from it. There are some things we might think it's right which the kids may have contrary opinion on, and we'll just continue with it ignorantly.
Sometimes, parents might think they're showing love or protecting their children which may not go down well with the kids, hence, becoming rebellious!
For you to have these reservations against your parents, it must be a seriously serious something.

@op, I completely agree with you.

May God help us all.
May you have a fruitful marriage amen...
Firstly, dont allow your children to be trapped by dogma which is living as a result of others thinking...
Second, dont allow your children to mimic the bad part of you..if your child is very shy or kinda an introvert, dont encourage him or her to continue to be..it is very disastrous...
Third, learn to love your children, dont decriminate and dont use negative words on them..
Tell them stories about great people around the world and how they became great.
Fourt, tell them that going to school is not the yardstick of becoming rich but a tool of moulding their character and becoming a better person
lastly, dont be an hypocrite, you go to church everyday, tells them to love God and yet you dont practice the true meaning of your religion or do those things.
Children need a dose of inspiration in order to aspire in life..
God bless your family amen

8 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by greatgod2012(f): 7:28pm On May 09, 2018
MrHandsome2013:
May you have a fruitful marriage amen...
Firstly, dont allow your children to be trapped by dogma which is living as a result of others thinking...
Second, dont allow your children to mimic the bad part of you..if your child is very shy or kinda an introvert, dont encourage him or her to continue to be..it is very disastrous...
Third, learn to love your children, dont decriminate and dont use negative words on them..
Tell them stories about great people around the world and how they became great.
Fourt, tell them that going to school is not the yardstick of becoming rich but a tool of moulding their character and becoming a better person
lastly, dont be an hypocrite, you go to church everyday, tells them to love God and yet you dont practice the true meaning of your religion or do those things.
Children need a dose of inspiration in order to aspire in life..
God bless your family amen

God bless you and your family too!
Hhhmmmmmmm

May God help us all!

Many people think that parental care is limited to feeding and sending your kids to schools, it's very much more than that. May God grant us the wisdom to know what real being parents actually is.

4 Likes

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by emilyone(f): 9:35pm On May 09, 2018
MrHandsome2013:
Awww! So sorry for what they did to you.
It is well with you bro.

1 Like

Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Richy4(m): 2:31pm On May 10, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Lol funeral insurance. Abeg na health insurance.

So you have not heard of funeral insurance or (cover) that covers all funeral cost and expenses for the whole family? Anyways google is your friend
Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Fortissimo502: 3:34pm On May 10, 2018
Richy4:

So you have not heard of funeral insurance or (cover) that covers all funeral cost and expenses for the whole family? Anyways google is your friend

I have. However, health insurance is more common. In other cases funeral insurance is covered under life insurance. But yeah I get you. I was just saying funeral insurance is not something the majority of people have. It's usually health and life insurance.
Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by victorian(f): 5:40pm On May 10, 2018
MrHandsome2013:

Eeyah cry I understand how you feel.
Sighs the society is the main problem. Friends, family will push people whom they know are not financially OK, to go get married or have kids. If the person is weak, he or she succumbs to pressure of peers and family. Knowing fully well, they can't even feed twice a day how much thrice a day.
That's why u see some children, cutting off their parents head, out of annoyance . Am not saying u should do same o grin

It's just an example we read everyday in crime section.

If as an adult, u cannot conveniently take care of yourself and bills, Biko don't bring a child to suffer and hate u in old age. Nigerians should just use their brains and think deep.

May God heal your heart and mind for all you've gone through, amen.
Re: Do Yourself A Favour, Do Not Have Kids. by Freiburger(m): 8:03am On May 11, 2018
@OP
Your decision not have kids is not a reason to start hating on those who decided to have. Keep your opinion to yourself.

Wondering if this is even a topic undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Most Woman Now A Terrible Mother / Ladies In The House, Please I Need Your Help Here. / My Wife Does Not Want To Bear My Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.