Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate (2191 Views)

How El-Zakzaky Was Expelled From ABU, Zaria In 1979 For Violence - The Cable / 'Step Down For Omo-Agege To Emerge Deputy Senate President' - Urhobo Beg Kalu / Gerry Gogan Obituary: Irish Priest Expelled From Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Otunbalarry: 1:59pm On May 08, 2018
Omo-Agege: Pro-Buhari Senator to be expelled from Senate NEWS DIGEST – Senator Ovie Omo-Agege representing Delta central, will be expelled from the senate. The Detail reports that the senate committee on ethics and privileges had recommended his expulsion from the senate, and his prosecution. On April 18, Omo-Agege was alleged to have led thugs into the senate chamber and seized the mace. He was said to have led the thugs into the chamber while a plenary session was in progress. The thugs allegedly assaulted some national assembly staff before getting away with the mace. The mace was later recovered under a bridge in Abuja. The lawmaker had been, a week before the incident, suspended for alleged anti-legislature claims. Omo-Agege had alleged that the election sequence re- ordering bill was targeted at President Muhammadu Buhari. The senator was arrested but released a few hours after the attack. Omo-Agege, a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), when expelled will be the first senator to be so removed in 12 legislative years.

https://newsdigest.ng/news/2018/05/08/omo-agege-expelled-senate/
Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Omololu2121: 2:10pm On May 08, 2018
Nonsense, he can't be expelled, do they wanna leave the people he is representing without any representative in the senate

3 Likes

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Annie939(f): 2:21pm On May 08, 2018
good move this is democracy in action

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by gidgiddy: 3:09pm On May 08, 2018
I don't think the Senate has the power to expell an elected senator.

That's like saying that Buhari has the power to expell Osibanjo

2 Likes

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Auladimeji(m): 3:13pm On May 08, 2018
undecided They no born them Well

1 Like

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 08, 2018
But who stole the mace? If he's guilty he has no business being in the senate if he didnt then there is problem in the country and to think that the mace was found under the bridge is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 08, 2018
The Senate does not have the powers. Only a competent court or the constituency

1 Like

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by lawalosky(m): 3:37pm On May 08, 2018
confusion everywhere.
ali ndume commited a treasonable offence months back rather he was suspended for some month....
cant this senate allow the court to perform there constitutional duty ne?
Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by seunmsg(m): 3:49pm On May 08, 2018
Saraki's illegality is what will consume him last last. Expelling a senator is tantamount to expelling the senators constituency from democratic representation at the senate. It is illegal, unconstitutional, undemocratic, autocratic, demonic and absolutely unnecessary. It is time for the reasonable people in the senate to stand up and tell saraki that enough is enough.

2 Likes

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by pode(m): 3:51pm On May 08, 2018
Good they should send that delta thug (omo-agege) home, he won't there to represent the people not a party
Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by 9jatriot(m): 3:54pm On May 08, 2018
You think they do not know.
When they do that, they expect him to go to court, knowing how long it takes justice to be dispensed in this country, the case will drag on till 2019.
Politicians are smarter than you think when it concerns them even when it looks like their action is dumb on face value.

seunmsg:
Saraki's illegality is what will consume him last last. Expelling a senator is tantamount to expelling the senators constituency from democratic representation at the senate. It is illegal, unconstitutional, undemocratic, autocratic, demonic and absolutely unnecessary. It is time for the reasonable people in the senate to stand up and tell saraki that enough is enough.

3 Likes

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by jojomario(m): 4:13pm On May 08, 2018
Another season film on Telemundo
Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 08, 2018
9jatriot:
You think they do not know.
When they do that, they expect him to go to court, knowing how long it takes justice to be dispensed in this country, the case will drag on till 2019.
Politicians are smarter than you think when it concerns them even when it looks like their action is dumb on face value.

I am not supporting the senator but this move is tyrannical on its own on the part of the senate. They have virtually tried to silence anyone with a different view to their leadership which is normal in a democratic setting.
What is wrong is wrong.
How can someone elected by his constituent to represent them be expelled by another colleague who was also elected by his constituent?
What the senate should have done was to take him to the judiciary and then he can be expelled by the court.

If u support this then u have to beg sarrki, Madrid guy and co for all the insults hauled at them for supporting Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Slikbae: 5:10pm On May 08, 2018
Under bridge? But who did we offend in this country?
Day2logic:
But who stole the mace? If he's guilty he has no business being in the senate if he didnt then there is problem in the country and to think that the mace was found under the bridge is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by omowolewa: 5:26pm On May 08, 2018
To be replaced by Omo-where
Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by 9jatriot(m): 5:32pm On May 08, 2018
Perhaps you may need to ready my post again to get my point, there is no way on earth I would be supporting such tyranny, as a matter of fact I had open a thread sometime ago on the topic here
kingkakaone:

I am not supporting the senator but this move is tyrannical on its own on the part of the senate. They have virtually tried to silence anyone with a different view to their leadership which is normal in a democratic setting.
What is wrong is wrong.
How can someone elected by his constituent to represent them be expelled by another colleague who was also elected by his constituent?
What the senate should have done was to take him to the judiciary and then he can be expelled by the court.

If u support this then u have to beg sarrki, Madrid guy and co for all the insults hauled at them for supporting Buhari.
Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 08, 2018
Slikbae:
Under bridge? But who did we offend in this country?

Mama I tire sef.
As in dem carry am commot for national assembly go dump under bridge. Only a mad man can do that
Re: Omo-agege To Be Expelled From The Senate by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 08, 2018
9jatriot:
Perhaps you may need to ready my post again to get my point, there is no way on earth I would be supporting such tyranny, as a matter of fact I had open a thread sometime ago on the topic here
Kk bro...
One love.

(1) (Reply)

He Saved The World – This Man Refused To Launch Nuclear Missiles. / Some Senatorial Seats Apc Should Have Won / Independence: Governor Ugwuanyi Sues For Peace, Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.