Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? (5017 Views)

Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? / How Many People Still Remember This Nokia Phone (photo) / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by adeolazzy: 10:51am On May 10, 2018
wristbangle:
Nokia is trying to gain market share globally. They might not be there yet considering the price and product features offered to consumers but they understand the matrix of each continents purchasing power and are producing phone series according to the mentioned factors while maintaining their value.

They are still far better than most Chinese phones especially with MTK processor.

But would you waste money on this when you can get an infinis hot S3 for example?
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by wristbangle: 11:24am On May 10, 2018
adeolazzy:

But would you waste money on this when you can get an infinis hot S3 for example?

I don't even like transsion phones (tecno, Infinix & co.) to start with.

Different strokes for every folks. You may like it but I can't invest my money on any chinko phones. Full stop!

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by DoroBen: 5:53pm On May 10, 2018
wristbangle:

I don't even like transsion phones (tecno, Infinix & co.) to start with.

Different strokes for every folks. You may like it but I can't invest my money on any chinko phones. Full stop!

Same! I can't ever use an Infinix phone after my last encounter with them.

And I wonder why this hasn't gotten to FP. Lalasticlala what is going on?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by lanre316: 6:49pm On May 10, 2018
I hope you guys know this is an HMD product. They bought licenses to use the name NOKIA on their devices. Google and research it. This is not the same Nokia brand we used to know.
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by DoroBen: 9:42pm On May 10, 2018
lanre316:
I hope you guys know this is an HMD product. They bought licenses to use the name NOKIA on their devices. Google and research it. This is not the same Nokia brand we used to know.

All join
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by NicestDude: 5:02pm On May 11, 2018
exactly the phone I want to buy as soon as possible. what is the current price on jumia and in stores.
I was considering nokia 6 2018 but then I saw the 7 plus and fell in love.
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by Skmoda360(m): 5:30pm On May 11, 2018
questechie:
Am I the only one thinking that Nokia is relatively overpriced? I'd rather shell out the sum for Huawei phone, with better specs/performance, and better body build! cool
huawei has awesome product but it ain't that popular...
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by HerCuteness(f): 12:05pm On May 12, 2018
[quote author=KelvinCX post=67404875
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by Ejadike(m): 7:34pm On May 12, 2018
Nokia are makers of quality but I'll go for TECNO cos it has quality and its affordable too.
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by rainmaker12(m): 9:03pm On May 12, 2018
You are paying for build quality not just specs. You people should not be mixing it.

1. Oled panels are expensive

2. Getting the latest chipset on device is expensive. (Snapdragon 845)

3. Latest gorilla glass is not piece of cake

4. How about the GPU?

5. Camera. Tell me the midrange range SPhone camera that has beaten google pixel 2, iphone 10, s9+, p20 pro...etc

6. Face ID Nko? Abi una think say na beans? Them no born midrangers well to attempt this, perfectly like the pros. grin

No cheap phone will have all these specs, all at the same time. But i see all of them even more, in flagship(s).

Apart from those i mentioned, get an expensive phone side by side with a cheap one, your eyes will see the difference. They just took so much time crafting them. The quality is just there..... Thats what you paying for! Some phones, if you look from the side, you ll be seeing the display light from where they merge the back panel with the front....eg. elephone.

BIG is not always BETTER. They be slamming poor novice buyers with 10GB ram, 40MP camera, 2dual cameras, 7inch display, 3GHZ clock speed, thinking that is were their money is going.

Google pixel has single 12mp camera and the best so far till date. Iphone 10 has 3GB ram, and the fastest production phone till date.

Optimisation, time and research is what you paying for. You cant compare one small boy company, with the giants that has been running things for years, with stack loads of money in their possesion.

If you say, you prefare midrange smartphone because you dont need those specs, i will accept, thats a good reason. But saying its the same specs with flagship phone..... you lie bro. Na broke you broke grin

3 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by HeyCorleone(m): 10:14pm On May 12, 2018
From what I've enjoyed or still enjoying from the Nokia 2, I would definitely upgrade to another Nokia product.

I'd choose it over Samsung. Only phones I may consider are Sony and Google Pixel.
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by NicestDude: 11:50pm On May 12, 2018
rainmaker12:
You are paying for build quality not just specs. You people should not be mixing it.

1. Oled panels are expensive

2. Getting the latest chipset on device is expensive. (Snapdragon 845)

3. Latest gorilla glass is not piece of cake

4. How about the GPU?

5. Camera. Tell me the midrange range SPhone camera that has beaten google pixel 2, iphone 10, s9+, p20 pro...etc

6. Face ID Nko? Abi una think say na beans? Them no born midrangers well to attempt this, perfectly like the pros. grin

No cheap phone will have all these specs, all at the same time. But i see all of them even more, in flagship(s).

Apart from those i mentioned, get an expensive phone side by side with a cheap one, your eyes will see the difference. They just took so much time crafting them. The quality is just there..... Thats what you paying for! Some phones, if you look from the side, you ll be seeing the display light from where they merge the back panel with the front....eg. elephone.

BIG is not always BETTER. They be slamming poor novice buyers with 10GB ram, 40MP camera, 2dual cameras, 7inch display, 3GHZ clock speed, thinking that is were their money is going.

Google pixel has single 12mp camera and the best so far till date. Iphone 10 has 3GB ram, and the fastest production phone till date.

Optimisation, time and research is what you paying for. You cant compare one small boy company, with the giants that has been running things for years, with stack loads of money in their possesion.

If you say, you prefare midrange smartphone because you dont need those specs, i will accept, thats a good reason. But saying its the same specs with flagship phone..... you lie bro. Na broke you broke grin

bro the nokia 7 Plus Chinese and Indian version already have face id lock through OTA update,, it's just a matter of time before the global version gets it.
the phone is a good all rounder.
an upper mid range device that can challenge some of the flagships.
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by rainmaker12(m): 12:55am On May 13, 2018
NicestDude:

bro the nokia 7 Plus Chinese and Indian version already have face id lock through OTA update,, it's just a matter of time before the global version gets it.
the phone is a good all rounder.
an upper mid range device that can challenge some of the flagships.

My comments are based on current spec. Currently no midrangers give real face Id like apple. You can always trick what they claim to be face Id. What they have is face unlock. And thats what nokia is pushing OTA.

Face Id requires another dedicated hardware to function. Software updates cant go there with regular face cameras.

Yea. Midrangers can challenge flagship. But the boss is the boss. They cant be the same as people claim, maybe for now, while we wait for 2019.
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by Joiedevivre: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2019
MissTechy:
I got the Nokia 7 plus device from Nokia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgWtqMwtY0g&t=23s

and yeah, the device is currently selling for N140,000 on Jumia and with that you get:

1. A GORGEOUS LOOKING PHONE WITH AN ALUMINUM BUILD
I got the black color variant of the Nokia 7 plus and it has this copper accent at the back of the device and along the aluminum frame. Yes, this phone has an aluminum build but Nokia has added a ceramic coating at the back of the device that gives it a really good grip.

And for the first time ever, Nokia is using an 18:9 aspect ratio display:

Looking at it closely and you’d notice that the bezels are a teeny bit larger than other devices like the Camon X Pro:

But even at that, you can’t deny that this is a gorgeous phone!

2. THE FHD DISPLAY
Another thing you’d get for N140,000 is the FHD display! Nothing new, but the display is quite colorful and you’d have no problem using it under direct sunlight. However, since I am being nitpicky, I’d say the display had a warm cast to it, so the whites look a little bit warm.

Overall, I’d give it a 7.

3. THAT STOCK ANDROID EXPERIENCE
This is another thing that isn’t so new with Nokia phones, but unlike other mid-range Nokia devices, this falls under the Android one project and like you already know, you are getting the whole vanilla experience.

Or better still, the whole Stock Android experience.

So, no bloatware or crazy customizations, and because there are no crazy customizations, you can’t hide or tweak the navigations buttons like you would on the Hot S3 or the Gionee S11 Lite.

What you can do though, is to enable a couple of gestures like the double tap to wake the phone, turn over to reject call, mute on pickup, and swipe fingerprint for notifications

Of course:

But let’s not forget that you also get access to timely updates. As a matter of fact, I got updated to Android 8.1 after using the device for some hours.

4. NO NOTIFICATION SENSOR!
Unfortunately, the Nokia 7 Plus doesn’t come with a notification sensor!

Yeah, I felt exactly like Tim Cook! But Nokia has replaced it with the Ambient display — something you already know with Samsung phones— and it lights up when you receive a message or when you lift the phone up.

However, I’d have preferred if they had still retained the notification sensor.

5. INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE
As for the performance, this comes with 4GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 660 chipset which is designed to bring flagship-class performance to the mid-range segment. Of course, the RAM and processor add up to a great multitasking and performance.

However, the hardcore techies might notice a couple of seconds delay with opening applications, but this doesn’t take away from the performance.

Another thing you’d notice is the temperature, it heats up when you use the phone extensively or when you are charging/using it at the same time and Nokia usually sends a notification when this happens.

5. MONO SPEAKER
Can phone manufacturers adopt the Stereo speaker trend just like they’ve all adopted the 18:9 aspect ratio trend?

Anyway, one bummer, at least for me, is the fact that the Nokia 7 Plus comes with a mono speaker and the audio isn’t so loud, but it gets the job done.

Then you also have the earphone jack:

Why the hallelujah?!

Well, because having an earphone jack in 2018 especially on premium phones deserves several hallelujahs.

6. HYBRID SIM CARD SLOT:
Another bummer is the Hybrid SIM card slot, so you can only use one sim card or one microSD card, or two SIM cards and no MicroSD card.

On the bright side, you get 4G LTE support.

7. NO FACE ID
You won’t get the popular Face ID feature on the Android one version of the Nokia 7 plus, but you get a fingerprint sensor that has been placed at the back of the device, and as far as that goes, it is efficient, but there is a second delay noticed.

7. THE 3800mAh BATTERY
The 7 plus uses a 3800mAh battery capacity

Slightly smaller than the Camon X Pro’s, but unlike the X Pro, you get a USB type-C port.

As for the battery performance, I was able to use it through the day without any issues, of course, I had to still charge it at night. I also got within 4 – 7 hours of on-screen time depending on how I used it:

And because you have that USB Type-C port along with that fast charger, charging the Nokia 7 Plus takes about 1 hour 58 minutes.

8. THAT SOMEWHAT IMPRESSIVE camera
For N140,000, you get dual cameras — a 12MP main camera with an F1.75 aperture and a 13MP secondary camera with an F2.6 aperture.

The apertures mean that you get the portrait mode and 2x optical zoom feature

And as far as the Portrait mode is concerned, it didn’t really do so well, it had a lot of misses than hits.

However, the overall quality of the cameras at the back is quite impressive, it was well saturated and the colors popped! But it can also look slightly underexposed when compared with cameras like the S9. It did well in low-light too, but you will notice a couple of noise in the picture.

Moving to the front camera, you get a 16MP front-facing camera that is quite good at taking selfies. But I did notice that the images looked a bit soft especially when you zoom into them.

Moving to the video, the 7 Plus allows you to shoot in 4K, it also comes with EIS support — which isn’t so perfect. I also noticed that the video camera zooms into your face, way more than it should. Then there is this wobbling effect that goes on when you shake the camera from left to right, the reason for that could be as a result of the EIS feature and hopefully, it gets fixed in the software update.

Finally, you have the dual PIP, that lets you record using the back and front cameras at the same time.

Overall, the Nokia 7 Plus cameras aren’t the best I have seen, but it’s definitely not bad! And the whole narrative can be said of the Nokia 7 Plus itself, it is not the best smartphone I have seen so far, but it is a really good phone, but for N140,000+ is this good enough for you.
This is literally a mid-range phone which doesn't deserve that price tag. I would rather settle for a xiaomi device.
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by adebowale351: 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
v
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by scarycuteface(m): 5:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
when i can get Tecno Phantom 5 with

Network: 2G / 3G / 4G
Display: 5.5 inches, AMOLED Touchscreen display — (1080 x 1920 px)
Software: Android v5.1 (Lollipop)
Processor: 1.5 GHz Octa-core CPU
Memory: 3GB RAM | 32GB ROM
Cameras: Front — 8 MP | Rear — 13 MP (LED flash)
Battery: 3000 mAh
Price: Check Today’s Price
Other Features: Fingerprint Scanner
Re: Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? by NigeriaB(m): 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
scarycuteface:
when i can get Tecno Phantom 5 with

Network: 2G / 3G / 4G
Display: 5.5 inches, AMOLED Touchscreen display — (1080 x 1920 px)
Software: Android v5.1 (Lollipop)
Processor: 1.5 GHz Octa-core CPU
Memory: 3GB RAM | 32GB ROM
Cameras: Front — 8 MP | Rear — 13 MP (LED flash)
Battery: 3000 mAh
Price: Check Today’s Price
Other Features: Fingerprint Scanner

People are talking of original brand, u are talking of Tecno. Run from China phones

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Charge Your Phone With Tiger Radio Battery (must Réad)tested And Trustd / Google Allo Might Be The Whatsapp Killer! / Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.