Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida (6835 Views)

FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms / Boko Haram: Fg Considers New Law On Explosives / FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Mamajama(m): 4:07pm On May 21, 2010
We welcome this development and hope Fg can move fast in bringing the toothless ruthless dictatorship to justice.

Okigbo Report: FG Considers Action against Babangida
•Govt statement unambiguous, says IBB
By Chiemelie Ezeobi, 05.21.2010

The Federal Government may take legal action against former military President Gen. Ibrahim Babangida if there is evidence to prove the allegation of mismanagement of $12.4 billion during his tenure.

Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice Mohammed Adoke (SAN) disclosed that a committee would be set up to review the allegations to see if a criminal charge could be sustained.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=173819
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by candylips(m): 4:25pm On May 21, 2010
good
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by sjeezy8: 4:28pm On May 21, 2010
hes going to go to jail if he doesnt step down from 2011 election.

See danjuma recieved a whole Oil well untaxed- Billion dollars and hes not trying to be president. Why cant some guys just enjoy the money they stole in peace?
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by ayo84(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2010
buhari wanted to prbe him, infact he was already implicated for his drug dealings, IBB fearing for his reputation and also being probed partnerd with abiola to stage the coup that unseated him.

Good luck's government has to be smart and cunning in doing this, they should get enough facts and info so they can nail this BLOODY THIEF
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by octar6: 5:35pm On May 21, 2010
super story.
, yawns and leaves thread,
lipsrsealed
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by gbaski2010: 5:44pm On May 21, 2010
octar6:

super story.
, yawns and leaves thread,
lipsrsealed

LETS HOPE THIS WILL BE THE LAST EPISODE .
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by oluwabamis(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2010
MAY THIS BE THE END OF IBB AND HIS SHAMELESS AMBITION. , AMEN shocked grin
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by SLIGHT(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

hes going to go to jail if he doesnt step down from 2011 election.

See danjuma recieved a whole Oil well untaxed- Billion dollars and hes not trying to be president. Why cant some guys just enjoy the money they stole in peace?
they prefer it in pieces
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by HARDDON: 6:20pm On May 21, 2010
the beginin of the end ! it is beta he is brought down now b4 2011!
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by folly24: 6:26pm On May 21, 2010
Lord , put an end to ibb episode in nigeria, let the judgement of God come upon him. It,s sad we are still taking about him in 2010
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 21, 2010
I hope this yields a good result undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by samoney: 7:36pm On May 21, 2010
waiting for this time all my life may come to pass!!!!!!!
over $12bn not a small deal this could completely eradicate poverty from nigeria how comes one man has it and still is not satisfied? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by xterra2(m): 7:42pm On May 21, 2010
Why is this happening to IBB?cus of his presidential ambitions in 2011.We shall see and hear more on this case in the upcoming weeks
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by cabali(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2010
Another waste of our time!!! What is the government of Jonathan trying to prove.

What is needed to clip these corrupt past leaders (which also include Obasanjo and his governors) is a Just leader surrounded by just administrators of the government.

GJ is considered just but guess what, he still has the same recycled politicians around him so, yeah, this is another waste of a story.

I give them 1 year from this date and they will not be able to get IBB clipped. Until we have just leaders everywhere, IBB is safe!!
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Mamajama(m): 7:55pm On May 21, 2010
IBB is not safe Ribadu is on his way Back, Elrufai is back the president is surrounded by sound logical people and we need to get IBB loots back just like we did with Abacha.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by nairaner(m): 8:13pm On May 21, 2010
WHere is Becomrichh to give us some shellings on how it all happened. grin grin grin
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by goldylucks(f): 8:23pm On May 21, 2010
Hope this whole thg doesn't end up like that of OPUTA PANEL.It's high time the IDIOT went to JAIL
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by cabali(m): 8:24pm On May 21, 2010
Bookmark this page; I repeat myself, 1 year and they wont be able to get close to IBB. Is this the first time Ribadu and El Rufai has been on the platform? please give me a fckn break!

If they are serious they should get everyone; past presidents, governors, politicians

Annenih has N1.3bn he collected and buried without a trace, he is a free man; meanwhile he has implants in the present authenticated list of ministers working with GJ; so what are we saying?

You dont want to get Annenih but you want to clip IBB!!  Are they jokers?
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by DaMayor1: 8:32pm On May 21, 2010
Hmm! I know  Jonathan no get  mind to take this  kind  decision. This  has  OBJ  written all  over it.   lol!  oga Jonathan, no go  stand  for  middle when two Generals dey fight o!
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 21, 2010
sound tactics by GJ

This will scare the shit out of IBB
he will quickly siddon look on his presidential ambition and the President will look the other way

, Naija politics 101
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by billydkidd: 9:11pm On May 21, 2010
This is exactly how they take you Nigerians for a ride! Nothing really has effectively happened and yet everybody is getting excited over nothing!! What a shame!!! The statement ''FG Considers Action, '' is nothing but a political statement. [b]It is highly ambiguous and only intended to fool all the ever gullible Nigerians. [/b]The person/government that will probe Babaginda has not yet been born - certainly not this Jonathan government! Wanna bet, anyone?
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by cabali(m): 9:31pm On May 21, 2010
On point, billykid!! On point!

GJ's government hasn't got enough credible men and balls to pull this off.

I believe the only person that can nail IBB isn't in politics yet.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by boyt1: 9:36pm On May 21, 2010
cabali:

Bookmark this page; I repeat myself, 1 year and they wont be able to get close to IBB. Is this the first time Ribadu and El Rufai has been on the platform? please give me a fckn break!

If they are serious they should get everyone; past presidents, governors, politicians

Annenih has N1.3bn he collected and buried without a trace, he is a free man; meanwhile he has implants in the present authenticated list of ministers working with GJ; so what are we saying?

You dont want to get Annenih but you want to clip IBB!!  Are they jokers?

Be reasonable , you cannot prosecute all the past presidents and governors all at the same time.
I don't see anything wrong in bringing the big fish- IBB down 1st.  We must start from somewhere, or you think IBB is untouchable, then you wait and see.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by ahmedoo(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2010
I.B.B is 2 smart and if he has 2 go down alot of people will hav to go down with him, any way he should still be mourning his wife .
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by oge4real(f): 9:52pm On May 21, 2010
I wish!
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 21, 2010
cabali:

On point, billykid!! On point!

GJ's government hasn't got enough credible men and balls to pull this off.

I believe the only person that can nail IBB isn't in politics yet.
what is wrong with you people that makes you think obj or ibb are untouchables.lack of political will by the fg and the fragile nature of the polity are those things that keep these guys from seeing the inside of prison.
what happened when the military govt sent obasanjo to prison ?,nothing.if such autonomous power exist in a democracy,dont you think ibb will be in prison by now.there is no big deal about ibb,the condition on ground are too lenient to consider his insanity
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by chidichris(m): 10:03pm On May 21, 2010
another dumb and silly thread by another weak mind.
okigbo panel of which year and becoming operational in which year?
the noise is about the 2011 elections after which ibb will become innocent again.
why is it that all these men become guilty whenever the elections are around only to become innocent as soon as the election are over?
is it not silly discussing these kind of nonsense topics here?
how far has obj and his group gone in this their much talked about war on corruption?
ibb ruled nigeria before abacha so how come abacha's corruption issue was the first and the only one to be tackled till date?
why is it that this war or fight against corruption is more effective on the media houses rather than the real life?
everyday, fg wants to arrest orji uzor kalu, tomorrow, fg is planing to arrest atiku, and the other day is fg is thinking about arresting ibb?
is it normal to go public if u don't want the criminals to run?
we are doomed with these idiots at the head of our govt
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by steroid: 10:08pm On May 21, 2010
boy t:

Be reasonable , you cannot prosecute all the past presidents and governors all at the same time.
I don't see anything wrong in bringing the big fish- IBB down 1st.  We must start from somewhere, or you think IBB is untouchable, then you wait and see.

Very sound and rare analysis. I wish all Nairalanders can reason in this way. A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step cool cool
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by md4real(m): 10:25pm On May 21, 2010
Guys forget it. Dogs dont eat dogs. Nothing is gonna happen to that maradona.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by anataala: 10:28pm On May 21, 2010
this is politically motivated, let him start with obasanjo  power probe before he talks about IBB, mumu president, your are playing with fire, i think the guy lacks focus.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by sholasho(m): 10:39pm On May 21, 2010
so would they recover the money back from him.
Even if they do where will the money go to?
We have a long way to go in 9ja LONG way.
Re: Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida by Abagworo(m): 10:57pm On May 21, 2010
i wonder why nigerians fall for rubbish.ibb and jonathan are thesame people.i dont need a prophet to know that if jonathan decides to run,ibb will surely step down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friday Should Replace Saturday As Work Free Day To Ensure Religious Balance / / Watch The Reactions Of Some People In Kano, Buhari Or Atiku?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.