Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea (30947 Views)

10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / Lagos Life: 10 Reasons You Should Move From Mainland To Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by AcademicAdviser: 6:32pm On May 11, 2018
How do you even apply when all their websites are in Chinese or in whatever language they speak over there

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by HeWrites(m): 6:32pm On May 11, 2018
ANNOY:
After studying, u will come back to Nigeria and be jobless.
No thanks, moving on

After study, you then move to USA or Any better country you know

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by HeWrites(m): 6:32pm On May 11, 2018
paparazzi1987:
Can i stay over after my study..like getting Permanent Residence ?

I hope so, cause I'm going there next year

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by esuLAAROYE(m): 6:33pm On May 11, 2018
Olosho dey there

how much per night
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by HeWrites(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2018
AcademicAdviser:
How do you even apply when all their websites are in Chinese or in whatever language they speak over there
Hangul not Chinese

Use chrome browser, it will translate their language to English

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 11, 2018
U can also learn nuclear bomb making from next door neighbour

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by XaintJoel20: 6:36pm On May 11, 2018
horia:
and how does being a billionaire make one get Visas easily.
Have you applied for a visa before?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by omachimyk(m): 6:36pm On May 11, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:
grin grin
So that that crazy DEXTER look alike with maxi trouser will wake up some day and nuke me along his perceived enemy bah?
hahahahaha bros u made me laff
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by jobonnairaland: 6:37pm On May 11, 2018
OP, stop giving false information please. Living in Korea is expensive and is a racist country. Most Koreans don't like blacks. Though some of them tend to be friendly towards you if you have something to offer.

Japan is a lot better.

14 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by chukzyfcbb: 6:37pm On May 11, 2018
All these things you mentioned na rubbish.

The koko is the ROI(return on investment).

Will I be allowed to work after studies, if yes how many years?

Can I apply for permanent resident after study, no be say if I study finish una go send me back to Nigeria like UK.

Na food abi Na taxi I wan chop?

Op use your head oh.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by engrjacuzzi: 6:39pm On May 11, 2018
anibirelawal:
@ OP, North Korea nko grin
hope it's not gonna be like northern part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by chukzyfcbb: 6:40pm On May 11, 2018
esuLAAROYE:
Olosho dey there

how much per night
Baba no reason olosho oh , south Korea dey rank like number 1 for artificial surgery in the world.

U fit go Bleep woman wey be Man (Bruce Jenner tinz).

Na fake booby full the country, plastic shii everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Fashblonder: 6:42pm On May 11, 2018
I agree to disagree...the cost of living there is actually pretty high and they're not very welcoming to black people. And the academic standard is pretty high as well bt I still love them cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by achiever12: 6:44pm On May 11, 2018
IbnIbrahim:
Deciding where to study is a tricky decision. It can seem overwhelming to pick one country when you have the whole world to explore. There may be countries that you haven’t even considered yet. South Korea is one of the most diverse and interesting countries to study in as an international student.

Here are ten reasons why it is worth at least considering studying in South Korea:

1. Cheap cost of living
Living in South Korea, on average, is very cheap. This includes the cost of accommodation, food and transportation. For example, a taxi ride costs roughly ₩1150 (US$1) per kilometre!.

2. Excellent education institutions

South Korea is renowned for its universities. The three largest world-recognised universities are Seoul National University, Korea University, and Yonsei University. The universities all have high postgraduate employment rates and excellent reputations. South Korea also boasts the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology and Sungkyunkwan University which are lesser known but equally impressive institutions.

3. Incredible food
Students’ top two priorities for food tend to be: a) cheap and b) convenient. It is a bonus if the cheap and convenient food is rather tasty too.

Korean food ticks all three boxes. The culture in South Korea revolves heavily around food, with many social gatherings having food as the focal point.

4. Varied and thriving nightlife
The country has a vibrant nightlife, with a ‘work hard, play hard‘ attitude. Many clubs are themed which can provide an interesting night out and most stay open until the early hours of the morning.

5. Kind people
Korean students are incredibly welcoming to their international peers. They are often keen to share Korean culture with those unfamiliar with their country so you will learn all the best bits about living in the country from experts.

6. Opportunity for travel
South Korea is very well located. It is within close proximity to many Asian countries including China and Japan. With the cheap travel costs, it is relatively easy to travel to them.

7[b]. Stunning scenery[/b]
If you’re looking for scenery, it doesn’t get much better than South Korea.

8. Perfect balance between traditional and modern

If you want a mix of old traditional buildings and modern complexes and amenities then South Korea is the place for you. The country sports tall glass skyscrapers and traditional temples. It is not uncommon to see the two side by side.

9. Language
Most universities in South Korea offer language lessons alongside their courses. The classes vary in levels of difficulty so you can go in as near bilingual or a complete beginner.

10. High standard of living
South Korea is Asia’s fourth-largest economy and one of the world’s leading financial centres. It has remained relatively unscathed during the recession and has rapid economic growth, making it a promising place to live, work and study.

https://hotproforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1244

You didn't mention tuition fees.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by anibirelawal(m): 6:45pm On May 11, 2018
engrjacuzzi:

hope it's not gonna be like northern part of Nigeria

Not at all....
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Gmajor(m): 6:50pm On May 11, 2018
IbnIbrahim:
Deciding where to study is a tricky decision. It can seem overwhelming to pick one country when you have the whole world to explore. There may be countries that you haven’t even considered yet. South Korea is one of the most diverse and interesting countries to study in as an international student.

Here are ten reasons why it is worth at least considering studying in South Korea:

1. Cheap cost of living
Living in South Korea, on average, is very cheap. This includes the cost of accommodation, food and transportation. For example, a taxi ride costs roughly ₩1150 (US$1) per kilometre!.

South Korea is renowned for its universities. The three largest world-recognised universities are Seoul National University, Korea University, and Yonsei University. The universities all have high postgraduate employment rates and excellent reputations. South Korea also boasts the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology and Sungkyunkwan University which are lesser known but equally impressive institutions.

3. Incredible food
Students’ top two priorities for food tend to be: a) cheap and b) convenient. It is a bonus if the cheap and convenient food is rather tasty too.

Korean food ticks all three boxes. The culture in South Korea revolves heavily around food, with many social gatherings having food as the focal point.

The country has a vibrant nightlife, with a ‘work hard, play hard‘ attitude. Many clubs are themed which can provide an interesting night out and most stay open until the early hours of the morning.

5. Kind people
Korean students are incredibly welcoming to their international peers. They are often keen to share Korean culture with those unfamiliar with their country so you will learn all the best bits about living in the country from experts.

South Korea is very well located. It is within close proximity to many Asian countries including China and Japan. With the cheap travel costs, it is relatively easy to travel to them.

If you want a mix of old traditional buildings and modern complexes and amenities then South Korea is the place for you. The country sports tall glass skyscrapers and traditional temples. It is not uncommon to see the two side by side.

9. Language
Most universities in South Korea offer language lessons alongside their courses. The classes vary in levels of difficulty so you can go in as near bilingual or a complete beginner.

South Korea is Asia’s fourth-largest economy and one of the world’s leading financial centres. It has remained relatively unscathed during the recession and has rapid economic growth, making it a promising place to live, work and study.

How easy is it to find jobs when studying there and how easy is it to find work after graduation
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Gucciboss: 6:51pm On May 11, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

How long will Nigerians continue to make sentences using "reason why" in it?

Even i that went to night school dont use "reason why" in my everyay talk....the quality of education has reduced abysmally!!

Just say "10 reasons you should consider studying in South Korea"

There is nothing wrong in the usage. Nigerians are not the only people that use the words in that combination. Even Americans do.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by OvaSabi1(f): 6:52pm On May 11, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
All these things you mentioned na rubbish.

The koko is the ROI(return on investment).

Will I be allowed to work after studies, if yes how many years?

Can I apply for permanent resident after study, no be say if I study finish una go send me back to Nigeria like UK.

Na food abi Na taxi I wan chop?

Op use your head oh.
You have sense.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by delors(m): 6:54pm On May 11, 2018
Your first point - Cheap cost of living isn't great. In Canada, averagely, it is $0.90/km...
Also, u skipped the fact that u may have to pass throyghlanguage bridge courses as S.Korea isn't an English speaking nation.
S.Koreans are welcoming? Well, we have to revisit that point later as most Koreans are suspicious of non-white visitors. It is confirmed! I have been there twice and there are reports.
And what about life after school? Who's gonna employ a niggi in a high powered executive office to work on policies ? Lol...na wah o. That's how u guys will send young innocent guys there and make their lives miserable.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 11, 2018
You forgot to add that it will cost close to 100k to apply to a school in S/k
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by delors(m): 6:57pm On May 11, 2018
Fashblonder:
I agree to disagree...the cost of living there is actually pretty high and they're not very welcoming to black people. And the academic standard is pretty high as well bt I still love them cheesy
exactly my points ☝️

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 6:58pm On May 11, 2018
Gucciboss:

There is nothing wrong in the usage. Nigerians are not the only people that use the words in that combination. Even Americans do.

Its a fact Americans dont speak good English......

As for your first sentence....argue with your shadow
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by HeWrites(m): 7:00pm On May 11, 2018
delors:
Your first point - Cheap cost of living isn't great. In Canada, averagely, it is $0.90/km...
Also, u skipped the fact that u may have to pass throyghlanguage bridge courses as S.Korea isn't an English speaking nation.
S.Koreans are welcoming? Well, we have to revisit that point later as most Koreans are suspicious of non-white visitors. It is confirmed! I have been there twice and there are reports.
And what about life after school? Who's gonna employ a niggi in a high powered executive office to work on policies ? Lol...na wah o. That's how u guys will send young innocent guys there and make their lives miserable.
Please check your pm
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by saipn: 7:00pm On May 11, 2018
Fashblonder:
hmmm do you live in south Korea?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Gucciboss: 7:20pm On May 11, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:

Its a fact Americans dont speak good English......

As for your first sentence....argue with your shadow

Don't just say something because you think some persons are doing so. At least take time and do your research before joining the bandwagon.

Your last sentence is meaningless.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by symbianDON(m): 7:23pm On May 11, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

How long will Nigerians continue to make sentences using "reason why" in it?

Even i that went to night school dont use "reason why" in my everyay talk....the quality of education has reduced abysmally!!

Just say "10 reasons you should consider studying in South Korea"

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by awens70: 7:30pm On May 11, 2018
Korea ke. When Jung un is planning to....
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 11, 2018
HeWrites:

Make we connect na
blogging no dey pay abi. mr copy and paste mill
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Krusty: 7:34pm On May 11, 2018
jideflows:
SK is a lovely place to live.. They are very nice people but bros that food own!!! Me I no agree. Na so do grass you go dey chop like goat... Well for those watching their weight you can live well there.. Nice culture and traditions.. Lovely people as well..
Do you study there? If so, what is the tuition like. Is it easy for students to find work while they are studying? How long can someone stay back after their they have graduated? Are there readily available jobs for graduates? How do you cope with the language?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Mastermind777: 7:34pm On May 11, 2018
No. 1 is absolutely wrong sir.

IbnIbrahim:

1. Cheap cost of living

3. Incredible food

5. Kind people

9. Language

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by diamond88: 7:35pm On May 11, 2018
I knew a childhood Friend that leaves on sk coz he married a sk lady. Language is a major barrier as u have to learn Korea in school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driver Evading LASTMA Raid Crushes Street Cleaners To Death In Lagos / Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman / BREAKING: FG Takes Over Arik Airline - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.