Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? (1879 Views)

What Advice Have You Gotten From A Prostitute? / World's Most Identical Twins Who Share A Boyfriend Together / What's The Most Expensive Gift Your Girlfriend Has Ever Gotten You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 09, 2018
After about 24 to 36 hours the coffee beans eaten by the palm civet cat are defecated. In most parts of the world excrement from wild animals is considered waste. But in Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines civet cat feces are seen as gold. This is because the coffee beans departed the civet’s digestive tract almost unaffected, some fermentation during the digestion process occurs in the beans. According to scientists, this adds to the special flavor of the coffee made from civet cat beans. Today, these coffee beans are a luxury good and sold all over the globe. It is better known as kopi luwak or civet coffee. Due to its rarity, cat feces coffee is also the world’s most expensive coffee.

Is coffee coming from civet cat feces safe to drink?

Are coffee beans coming from excrement contaminated with bacteria? This is partly true. Scientists have studied the safeness of kopi luwak coffee. They have found beans coming from civet feces are more contaminated than normal coffee beans. However, PROCESSED kopi luwak beans show an even lower level of bacteria contamination than other coffee beans. There is no significant contamination by e-coli or other bacteria. Now, read more about the collecting and final processing of kopi luwak coffee.

Although kopi luwak is a form of processing rather than a variety of coffee, it has been called one of the most expensive coffees in the world, with retail prices reaching €550 / US$700 per kilogram.

Kopi luwak is produced mainly on the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago. It is also widely gathered in the forest or produced in the farms in the islands of the Philippines (where the product is called kape motit in the Cordillera region, kapé alamíd in Tagalog areas, and kapé melô or kapé musang in Mindanao island), and in East Timor (where it is called kafé-laku). Weasel coffee is a loose English translation of its Vietnamese name cà phê Chồn, where popular, chemically simulated versions are also produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_7Bs_PC-8

Re: Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by directorXixXICK(m): 5:54pm On May 09, 2018
Oga please give me the normal bournvita I know
Re: Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by H2Ossss(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2018
hmmn
Re: Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by oceandivee(m): 6:00pm On May 09, 2018
Toxoplasmosis loading
Re: Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 09, 2018
Pukes! embarassed

The fact that it's made from poo is a complete turnoff.
Re: Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 09, 2018
I will only drink this when it shows am clearly mad.
One man food, another man's poison.
Re: Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by Fidecoo(m): 6:46pm On May 09, 2018
ShyCypher:
After about 24 to 36 hours the coffee beans eaten by the palm civet cat are defecated. In most parts of the world excrement from wild animals is considered waste. But in Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines civet cat feces are seen as gold. This is because the coffee beans departed the civet’s digestive tract almost unaffected, some fermentation during the digestion process occurs in the beans. According to scientists, this adds to the special flavor of the coffee made from civet cat beans. Today, these coffee beans are a luxury good and sold all over the globe. It is better known as kopi luwak or civet coffee. Due to its rarity, cat feces coffee is also the world’s most expensive coffee.

Is coffee coming from civet cat feces safe to drink?

Are coffee beans coming from excrement contaminated with bacteria? This is partly true. Scientists have studied the safeness of kopi luwak coffee. They have found beans coming from civet feces are more contaminated than normal coffee beans. However, PROCESSED kopi luwak beans show an even lower level of bacteria contamination than other coffee beans. There is no significant contamination by e-coli or other bacteria. Now, read more about the collecting and final processing of kopi luwak coffee.

Although kopi luwak is a form of processing rather than a variety of coffee, it has been called one of the most expensive coffees in the world, with retail prices reaching €550 / US$700 per kilogram.

Kopi luwak is produced mainly on the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago. It is also widely gathered in the forest or produced in the farms in the islands of the Philippines (where the product is called kape motit in the Cordillera region, kapé alamíd in Tagalog areas, and kapé melô or kapé musang in Mindanao island), and in East Timor (where it is called kafé-laku). Weasel coffee is a loose English translation of its Vietnamese name cà phê Chồn, where popular, chemically simulated versions are also produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_7Bs_PC-8
,,, what? Shay to drink coffee na by force ni?? Animal's poo.no oo!!
Re: Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 09, 2018
I couldn't bring myself to read the topic, so from the title: HELL NO angry

*Pukes*

Lalas247 come see a topic that will ruin a cuppa for you cry
Re: Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by Lalas247(f): 8:18pm On May 10, 2018
LivingFree:
I couldn't bring myself to read the topic, so from the title: HELL NO angry

*Pukes*

Lalas247 come see a topic that will ruin a cuppa for you cry

yuck sad
Re: Can You Drink The World's Most Expensive Coffee Gotten From A Cat's Faeces? by coolzeal(m): 9:10pm On May 10, 2018
I drank that coffee when I visited Penang in Malaysia about 6yrs ago. A cup was sold for 80 ringgit back then and it's said to come Indonesia.

(1) (Reply)

Did I Cheat On Her? / Most Of My Suitors Are Ugly; Help Me! / Popular Calabar Blogger Engages Girlfriend Then This Happens (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.