Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,868 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:16 AM

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children (34252 Views)

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family / Nudity In Front Of Children.. Right Or Wrong ,? / Habits That Show Improper Upbringing In Children And How To Control It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by Skepticus: 2:49pm On May 10, 2018
braivheart:

Sadly, your opinion is alone on an uninhabited island.

Who cares?

Humans are frigging stupid
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by olusola200: 2:49pm On May 10, 2018
When children serve themselves from cooking pot
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by Agbaletu: 2:50pm On May 10, 2018
Opinionated:
Dear Parents,

20) When your Children take something from the fridge without seeking permission. (Bad parenting).
Whatever we have in the fridge belongs to everybody. Permission is not required to take it.

22) When your Children don’t collect from your hands items you brought in as you walk into your home.
I don't think I need anybody to help me with my luggage or whatever I am holding or carrying.

Source: See 30 Habits that Show Improper Upbringing of Children

1 Like

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by Maxcollins042(m): 2:50pm On May 10, 2018
Ok
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by kmaster007: 2:52pm On May 10, 2018
ur making common sense
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by mamawin(f): 2:53pm On May 10, 2018
A very good compilation, I have a reservation for #20 though.
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by mamawin(f): 2:53pm On May 10, 2018
olusola200:
When children serve themselves from cooking pot
And what's wrong with that?

3 Likes

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by joy17: 2:54pm On May 10, 2018
great one really teaching....
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by joy17: 2:57pm On May 10, 2018
all correct...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by mamawin(f): 3:01pm On May 10, 2018
Jaytecq:
nice one. but op wait o... do u use Plier to pick ur own nose? grin grin
Lol!
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by fluffylarose: 3:03pm On May 10, 2018
Charity begins at home. When kids are not trained properly, it has a way of turning round on their parents in the future.
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by derrydinny: 3:19pm On May 10, 2018
oyinbo people no dey do all this one and they are still better people than us, almost everything you stated here is like a form of oppression to children, why should they stand up just because someone is older than them? they should take your things from you even When they are tired? how does one dress decently? how does putting earrings on a male affects his behavior? you never mentioned How to make them hardworking from little, how to make them courageous, you are telling them to carry load for you. You are one of those people who believe in making life harder for youngster just to benefit the oldies

3 Likes

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by DEHVEHLOP(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2018
Skepticus:

Typical moralistic trash from a set of people synonymous with hypocrisy.

Sorry

1 Like

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by Mutemenot(m): 3:26pm On May 10, 2018
Op, you are looking for someone's trouble o. I think you domt know your level grin We have separate plates and spoon in my house, in fact we don't eat together. Is that one also a bad upbringing
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by gmoni2(m): 3:26pm On May 10, 2018
fluffylarose:
Charity begins at home. When kids are not trained properly, it has a way of turning round on their parents in the future.

True, especially in the western world. I am old fashioned, I trained my children the way I was thought with little adjustment .
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by babslepe: 3:35pm On May 10, 2018
I will not agree with no 2 ,when you see a parent been harsh or talking rudely to a teacher most times it comes as a result of reflex some teachers are animals while some think they have 100% right to mete out any punishment to their students parents follow up closely on these some teacher s deliberately fail and bring down the morale of some of their students

1 Like

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by madgoat(m): 3:41pm On May 10, 2018
24) When your Children act like their Grandparents irritate them. (It’s a Transferable Curse).
grin grin

So it means my life is already cursed grin
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by isybeke(f): 3:44pm On May 10, 2018
Good write up, I hope they learn cos many parents are so guilty of these especially mothers, ,,,,always over pampering nd spoiling their kids with the excuse that "he's just a kid or she doesn't know what she's doing". I once visited a friend who is married with 2 kids(aged 3 nd 4), I was offered a bottle of malt nd the children brought their cups for me to pour some for dem, so i emptied the whole content for both of dem nd dropped d bottle on d ground,,U need to see there mother's shameful face

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by akiOYIBO: 3:45pm On May 10, 2018
However, it is very unacceptable and suicidal to abuse verbally, physically or spiritually a child in the name of training.
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by clefortune: 3:46pm On May 10, 2018
32. The child must understand what every sign and symbol their parents use in communicating them when visitor (s) are around , and I term that 'Parenting Gestures'

1 Like

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by bettercreature(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2018
Useless post! Your children won’t have any confident left by the time you execute all the shiiit on this list

2 Likes

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by clefortune: 3:51pm On May 10, 2018
isybeke:
Good write up, I hope they learn cos many parents are so guilty of these especially mothers, ,,,,always over pampering nd spoiling their kids with the excuse that "he's just a kid or she doesn't know what she's doing". I once visited a friend who is married with 2 kids(aged 3 nd 4), I was offered a bottle of malt nd the children brought their cups for me to pour some for dem, so i emptied the whole content for both of dem nd dropped d bottle on d ground,,U need to see there mother's shameful face
lmao ���
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by achiever12: 3:57pm On May 10, 2018
Skepticus:

Typical moralistic trash from a set of people synonymous with hypocrisy.

You are free to shun the thread. A day is coming your kids will tell you to shut up or even slap you. I'm sure you will like that since you are not synonymous with hypocrisy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by SOJOSEPH(m): 4:50pm On May 10, 2018
Even the author may not even have time to train his/her child/ren

Holier than thou authors!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by fakuta(f): 5:03pm On May 10, 2018
THANKS
oshe11:
Your pix na ASSURANCE

1 Like

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by AfonjaConehead: 5:09pm On May 10, 2018
What about coneheads 'shildrens' who pickpockets from visitors jacket?
Lzaa grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by MChaze25(m): 5:19pm On May 10, 2018
Nice write-up!

No. 31:-Eating in a neighbours home...

Most Igbo girls that grow up in Lagos keep disappointing me that grew up in the east.
Chidera got transferred to work at a bank in the East from Lagos.
We became friends after we meet at a ceremony.
We exchanged numbers and started chatting.
Next thing she started calling me "Baby".
I was taken aback!
I told her to slow down on a codine diet...lol

I called her the next week to check on her and she told me she was eating at her neighbor's place. A guy for that matter.
The voices of guys I heard at the background sef shouting was a turn off!.
Menh...I did a tactical withdrawal like a smart guy about to arrive in a juicy pot.

Parental upbringing = Zero.
You can't be silver and be able to polish out Gold.
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by femooshad(m): 5:28pm On May 10, 2018
derrydinny:
oyinbo people no dey do all this one and they are still better people than us, almost everything you stated here is like a form of oppression to children, why should they stand up just because someone is older than them? they should take your things from you even When they are tired? how does one dress decently? how does putting earrings on a male affects his behavior? you never mentioned How to make them hardworking from little, how to make them courageous, you are telling them to carry load for you. You are one of those people who believe in making life harder for youngster just to benefit the oldies

I totally support your post. Nigerians are just too picky about the wrong things. If you don't like something try to advice the person. Nobody is perfect. Not like anyone of us didn't exhibit at least one these listed traits. Did that make us spoilt children?

Please get your PVC's and let's worry about important things.
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by LZAA: 5:48pm On May 10, 2018
AfonjaConehead:
What about coneheads 'shildrens' who pickpockets from visitors jacket?

Lzaa
grin
we the young owo mi da squad aka stunted growth crew grin
cc immhotep shalomc iceberg3 onyeoga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by femooshad(m): 6:00pm On May 10, 2018
Opinionated:
Dear Parents,

Please, carefully look at the list below and identify where you may want to make amends on yourself or on the young ones you are bringing up.

Children, if not properly groomed may never get to the top in life, even if both parents are at the top of their careers.
Manners take you to where your education can’t irrespective of your status, wealth or your reach or influence:

1) Going to your child’s school indecently dressed. (Think again).

2) Speaking rashly to your child’s teacher.

3) Cursing, using foul language or swearing words in front of your children.

4) Using makeup on children.

5) Dressing your little children up indecently (they loose their sense of Princesshood).

6) Putting earrings on your son’s ears.

7) Your child hold the cup or glassware by the brim and you don’t correct.

cool Your children don’t greet and you just feel they will come around one day because they have a mood swing. (You will be blamed for it).

9) Your children eat with their mouth opened and you feel they will grow up some day.

10) Your children bringing home something you did not buy for them and you say nothing. (that is the beginning of stealing).

11) The Children talk back at you and you conclude it’s okay since you are a 21st century Mummy. (You will hate yourself if they do that outside and they are disciplined).

12) The Children interrupt when you are speaking with another aduItand you think they are bold and clever. (Its really bad manners).

13) The Children exercising authority over the Nanny and domestic staff and you let them be. (that is bad parenting).

14) The Children saying things like “my driver is on his way…” I do not advocate that children should call your domestic staff Aunty or Brother, calling them by Name when they are not young people is not proper either. The use of Miss, Mr or Mrs will look good on them.

15) Your children don’t say a ‘thank you’ when they have been helped or served something and you are cool with that. (Bad parenting).

16) When your Children cannot stand children who are less privileged.

18) When the Children pick their noses with their hands.

19) When the Children don’t wash their hands after visiting the washroom or after returning from school or outside visits.

20) When your Children take something from the fridge without seeking permission. (Bad parenting).

21) When your Children don’t knock on closed doors and wait for a response before opening the door.

22) When your Children don’t collect from your hands items you brought in as you walk into your home.

23) When your Children request for a bribe to carry out their home chores or extra task. (That is disgraceful).

24) When your Children act like their Grandparents irritate them. (It’s a Transferable Curse).

25) When your Children have not learnt to get up from the Chair for the Elderly or Visitors to sit.

26) When your Child tells lot of Lies. (You will both cry in the future).

27) When your Children ask “who is that?” at a knock on your door instead of “please, may I know who is there.”

28) When your Child is always seated by your Visitors when being served Drinks or Food.

29) When your Children still point their fingers at other people, when talking to or speaking about them.

30) When your Children play and jump around when Prayers are going on. (These can apply to Children from Ages 4 and Above).

Don’t be a 21st Century Parents who can’t correct their Children. Train your children in the way of the Lord so that when they grow up they will not depart from such godly training or upbringing.

It is better to allow your children cry at an early age when you correct them. If not you might both cry at night when they bring disgrace to the family with bad and terrible behaviour.

Source: See 30 Habits that Show Improper Upbringing of Children

On that number 23.. I think parents should offer children incentives to work at home. But if they can afford it. It gives children a sense of responsibility knowing that they can get paid for the work they do. Many parents I've seen that tried such methods have their children become budding entrepreneurs as young as 15 years old.

It is well
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by Holak: 6:52pm On May 10, 2018
Good tips but I then wonder why they are children if they can abide by all these rules.
Re: 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children by oxygenlove(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2018
derrydinny:
See Ur Mouth, Thats The Problem With Some People, Oyinbo Pikin, So Yur In Support Of Dos Nuisance Arresting Their Parent Too Abi? If I Never Travel Out I Dey Watch Film Nw, Oyibo Parent Sef Stil Do Some Of The Listd Training ,, Nigeria Parent Are Stil Fair, What About Upbringing In Those Asian Countries,, And U Tok Of Oppression! So By Mere Training Kids This Way Is Oppression. U Should Wait Til Ur Child Call U A Fool, By Then U Wont Be Comparing African Kids With Doz Mumu Oyibo Kids

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Confesses And Apologizes To His Wife On Facebook For Cheating (photos) / What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning / Things To Know Before Getting Married!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.