Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,960 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? (17076 Views)

I’m Not A Weakling, I Can Bite - Governor Obaseki Warns / Samuel Ogundipe: Real Reasons IGP Idris Is After PREMIUM TIMES Journalist / Benue Killings: APC Reacts To Buhari’s Statement On IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by emi14: 3:54pm On May 10, 2018
All this legislatures and executives are all the same people, same questionable characters. Babbling without active actions. The IGP have their criminal activities on his desk. So nothing go happen

3 Likes

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by BlackPantherxXx: 3:56pm On May 10, 2018
jimrog:

How did the custom boss disrespect them? He went there and they were asking for uniform. Isn't that misplacement of priority? The igp also sent representative which he has a right to do under the law. Those rogues called senator are only interested in showing their power and nothing more...

He actually didn't disrespect them except on refusing the 3rd invitation.

Would change DISRESPECT to "DISRESPECT" which is more appropriate
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by wakaman: 3:57pm On May 10, 2018
Negative people everywhere, are Nigerian youths thoughtless? Buhari this Buhari that everyday for the past three years, Haba.

What has Buhari got to do with this?
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by jimrog: 3:58pm On May 10, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

He actually didn't disrespect them except on refusing the 3rd invitation.

Would change DISRESPECT to "DISRESPECT" which is more appropriate

Why rejecting his representatives in the first place...

1 Like

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 10, 2018
wakaman:
Negative people everywhere, are Nigerian youths thoughtless? Buhari this Buhari that everyday for the past three years, Haba.

What has Buhari got to do with this?
Cos he's commander in chief of all the armed forces.
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 10, 2018
emi14:
All this legislatures and executives all same people same questionable characters. Babbling without active actions. The IGP have their criminal activities on his desk. So nothing go happen
EFCC you mean?
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by package7(m): 4:01pm On May 10, 2018
Confirm slowpoke
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by BlackPantherxXx: 4:04pm On May 10, 2018
jimrog:

They should have accepted them YES. But refusing to send one in the 3rd time is still refusal. That's the only description for that action.

I actually support the actions of the IGP. BUT i just described what transpired objectively
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by achiever12: 4:11pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

Rigging?

That's for shameless people like you.

The will of the people I personally would accept.

Anyway i need you to make up your mind. Is he a dictator or is he a weakling?

Anyway i need you to make up your mind. Is he a dictator or is he a weakling?

You must have eye problem to be asking this question like a blockbrain.

That's for shameless people like you.

The will of the people I personally would accept.

Check the picture below and prove that you didn't inherit that same shamelessness from your parents.

Is this how shameless people like you accept the will of the people? Is underage voting the will of the people in the hole you were extracted from?

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:12pm On May 10, 2018
jimrog:

Interesting development. Its a power tussle.
Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by Dom2020: 4:16pm On May 10, 2018
Of course, president Buhari is a weakling
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by emi14: 4:27pm On May 10, 2018
dumo1:

EFCC you mean?
We talking about IGP. Police have not stopped investigation on offenders and criminals

1 Like

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by hooohaaa: 4:31pm On May 10, 2018
somebody who despatched kanu to the unknown is one you are calling a weakling. just like most Nigerians , you have easily forgotten that the whole country was nearly thrown into anarchy by kanu, one small boy, until the president came back from his medical leave in London. if the senate choose to dabble into matters that bother on personality clash, this is what they will keep getting.

1 Like

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by delzbaba(m): 4:31pm On May 10, 2018
we were decieved

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by GavelSlam: 4:34pm On May 10, 2018
achiever12:

You must have eye problem to be asking this question like a blockbrain.

Check the picture below and prove that you didn't inherit that same shamelessness from your parents.

Is this how shameless people like you accept the will of the people? Is underage voting the will of the people in the hole you were extracted from?

What party were they voting?

Let me guess you are psychic so you know a northern kid would vote APC .
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by albaniy1: 4:39pm On May 10, 2018
Chai!! I can see frustrated people in this forum..

But no problem. 2019 go tell as u see me like this.
I Don prepared almost 20,000 votes for that weakling in my small village ..
hopping it to be 3 time bigger in the city I work.
So I see no reason why Buhari no go... Go back villa 2019-2023 Insha Allah. Just finish wailing...

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by achiever12: 4:40pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

What party were they voting?

Let me guess you are psychic so you know a northern kid would vote APC .

Another show of shamelessness from a chronic pathetic hypocrite.

Those pictures were taken during an election in kaduna.

Boy, you are an empty dead soul grasping at straws like a drowning man.
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by GavelSlam: 4:41pm On May 10, 2018
achiever12:

Another show of shamelessness from a chronic pathetic hypocrite.

Those pictures were taken during an election in kaduna.

Boy, you are an empty dead soul grasping at straws like a drowning man.

So everybody in Kaduna is APC?

HYPOCRITE.
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by achiever12: 4:46pm On May 10, 2018
GavelSlam:

So everybody in Kaduna is APC?

HYPOCRITE.

Even an immmbecile knows such abuse of power couldn't have gone on without the support of the men in power in that state.
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by KennedicalEnergy(m): 4:53pm On May 10, 2018
That is an insult to weaklings.
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by deomelo: 4:57pm On May 10, 2018
[s]
jadesoletee:
By Musa Ahhmed

When the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris ignored Senate's invitation the first time and sent his deputy, many thought he was busy with security issues. When he ignored the second time and went to Kaduna state, it was becoming clear that his action was a snub, then the third time, it dawned on all that it is a clear snub and a total disregard for the institution of the Senate.

The IGP, for the third time, ignored Senate's invitation asking him to appear before its plenary to explain the killings across Nigeria and circumstances surrounding the arrest of Senator Dino Melaye.

The action of the IGP is the latest in the series of unbecoming cases of neglect and disrespect for the constitution and Democratic institution by top appointees of President Muhammadu Buhari.

It would be recalled that the Comptroller-General of Customs, Hameed Ali, and former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, have at different times snubbed the Senate's invitation, promting public outrage and subjection of the Senate to ridicule. A total disregard for section 88 of the constitution which confers on the National Assembly, the power to summon a public official.

The deafening silence of President Buhari and his refusal to wade into this consistent abuse of democracy by his appointees sends a very big signal that they are doing it with maximum support from the President. What more could have led to such disregard if not a Presidential back up?

The IGP's action didn't come as a surprise, it only calls for serious concern which should worry anybody who mean well for the Nigerian democracy. Before serving the Senate a piece of his unruly attitude, Idris, in January, ignored Buhari's order to relocate to Benue State following the deadly attacks on villagers, instead, he was in the state for barely 3 days before heading for somewhere else. It was after over a month that Buhari expressed shock that the IGP flouted his order. Again, nothing was done, no action was taken by Buhari.

When the Presidency in a statement said Idris was summoned and queried by the President. Instead of burying his head in shame for his unruly act, Idris in his usual arrogant and bragadoccio toga, debunked the claim and said he was never summoned, challenging officials to show evidence. For how long will the president continue to harbour such arrogance and flagrant disregard for Presidential orders and other arms of government? Probably there's more to the IGP's act than meets the eye.

The act of the IGP and other appointees, must not be allowed to continue, as it is already setting a bad precedence for democracy, one that may take another decade to clean up and correct.

Buhari's inaction in the face of all these is a sign of weakness and support for the IGP. But one must do well to remind Buhari and his handlers that even if Idris is doing their bidding with his acts of continuous snub of the Senate in total disregard for the rule of law, one day it will get out of hands and may lead to a case of bush meat hunting the hunter.

We have not forgotten how the APC, before the 2015 elections, enjoyed the peddling of falsehoods on the social media because it was in its favour, it feasted on it and rode to power. Since it came to power, the APC-led government have been finding it very hard to quench the fire of falsehood in the country, despite dubbing it hate speech. It nursed the baby of falsehood and now it has grown into an uncontrollable adult, that is the same path the IGP and other Presidential appointees are threading if their act is not quickly nipped in the bud.

Now that the Senate has exhausted all its options on the IGP, and only the President has the power to wade in, it's now left to Buhari to prove doubters wrong that he is not in support of the IGP's action which the Senate as described as enmity to democracy.

The IGP latest action is a litmus test for the President and an avenue for the President to prove to Nigerians that he's not a weakling and a paper tiger who doesn't have any authority on his appointees. We are watching the president to prove us wrong. Until he takes serious action, Buhari remains a weakling and a President without power to exercise authority over his appointees.
[/s]

All the useless, worthless and unproductive senate do is summon people for stupid and dump reasons, interfere in criminal investigation and trials, leave their job and form solidarity delegation to visit their crooked and corrupt members facing criminal trials.

No, we don't need them disturbing our public officials, they need to do their job like passing our budget to help our economy and create jobs.
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by nkemjacob2(m): 4:58pm On May 10, 2018
tHe senators are to corrupt

budget for six month waiting for passage

IGP and buhari has something they are hidding concerning the killings herdsmen in particular

i see no reasons y i will vote for buhari next year
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by begwong: 5:04pm On May 10, 2018
Buhari has been a dullård weakling since coming to power. They knew what the IGP did in kano to favor the ruling APC. Idiots!
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by Sambai65(m): 5:35pm On May 10, 2018
Awon flat always heads full here, if you think that only your one PVC can remove buhari you guys are joking
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by Klington: 5:41pm On May 10, 2018
if you're still thinking that this jubri is buhari..... ayam sorry 4u
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by rayornb(m): 5:53pm On May 10, 2018
dumo1:
The dullard from FutaJalon himself does he have sense or is he a respecter of the law? For him to overrule the Senate in the purchase of tbose world war 2 jets and other orders he has flouted with impunity. Is it not as Oga do, no be so subordinates dey follow do as well.

SMH

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by kolawoleibukun1: 5:53pm On May 10, 2018
oya oh grin grin grin I don show. why u no day talk to me again?

wetin i do you na?
I had a blasted night. still having hangovers from the booz last night. ol hag. deserted brothelite how far. slack stink poosi hoe show face make we continue wer we stop. u set the pace so dont hide ur face.
salvation101:
Lawlessness

1 Like

Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 10, 2018
jadesoletee:
By Musa Ahhmed

When the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris ignored Senate's invitation the first time and sent his deputy, many thought he was busy with security issues. When he ignored the second time and went to Kaduna state, it was becoming clear that his action was a snub, then the third time, it dawned on all that it is a clear snub and a total disregard for the institution of the Senate.

The IGP, for the third time, ignored Senate's invitation asking him to appear before its plenary to explain the killings across Nigeria and circumstances surrounding the arrest of Senator Dino Melaye.

The action of the IGP is the latest in the series of unbecoming cases of neglect and disrespect for the constitution and Democratic institution by top appointees of President Muhammadu Buhari.

It would be recalled that the Comptroller-General of Customs, Hameed Ali, and former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, have at different times snubbed the Senate's invitation, promting public outrage and subjection of the Senate to ridicule. A total disregard for section 88 of the constitution which confers on the National Assembly, the power to summon a public official.

The deafening silence of President Buhari and his refusal to wade into this consistent abuse of democracy by his appointees sends a very big signal that they are doing it with maximum support from the President. What more could have led to such disregard if not a Presidential back up?

The IGP's action didn't come as a surprise, it only calls for serious concern which should worry anybody who mean well for the Nigerian democracy. Before serving the Senate a piece of his unruly attitude, Idris, in January, ignored Buhari's order to relocate to Benue State following the deadly attacks on villagers, instead, he was in the state for barely 3 days before heading for somewhere else. It was after over a month that Buhari expressed shock that the IGP flouted his order. Again, nothing was done, no action was taken by Buhari.

When the Presidency in a statement said Idris was summoned and queried by the President. Instead of burying his head in shame for his unruly act, Idris in his usual arrogant and bragadoccio toga, debunked the claim and said he was never summoned, challenging officials to show evidence. For how long will the president continue to harbour such arrogance and flagrant disregard for Presidential orders and other arms of government? Probably there's more to the IGP's act than meets the eye.

The act of the IGP and other appointees, must not be allowed to continue, as it is already setting a bad precedence for democracy, one that may take another decade to clean up and correct.

Buhari's inaction in the face of all these is a sign of weakness and support for the IGP. But one must do well to remind Buhari and his handlers that even if Idris is doing their bidding with his acts of continuous snub of the Senate in total disregard for the rule of law, one day it will get out of hands and may lead to a case of bush meat hunting the hunter.

We have not forgotten how the APC, before the 2015 elections, enjoyed the peddling of falsehoods on the social media because it was in its favour, it feasted on it and rode to power. Since it came to power, the APC-led government have been finding it very hard to quench the fire of falsehood in the country, despite dubbing it hate speech. It nursed the baby of falsehood and now it has grown into an uncontrollable adult, that is the same path the IGP and other Presidential appointees are threading if their act is not quickly nipped in the bud.

Now that the Senate has exhausted all its options on the IGP, and only the President has the power to wade in, it's now left to Buhari to prove doubters wrong that he is not in support of the IGP's action which the Senate as described as enmity to democracy.

The IGP latest action is a litmus test for the President and an avenue for the President to prove to Nigerians that he's not a weakling and a paper tiger who doesn't have any authority on his appointees. We are watching the president to prove us wrong. Until he takes serious action, Buhari remains a weakling and a President without power to exercise authority over his appointees.

Buhari is only a wicked man, He has no guts
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by sexdoll: 6:11pm On May 10, 2018
I think it's the other way around.

The senators are nothing but a bunch of weaklings. grin
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by mjcomeshoizy(f): 9:08pm On May 10, 2018
They are birds of same feather, they don't obey the rule if law, expect more Fuji house of commotion.
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by lereinter(m): 10:17pm On May 10, 2018
no wicked
Re: On IGP Idris: Is Buhari Truly A Weakling? by msylva2147(m): 1:54am On May 11, 2018
I ust pity those people that are supporting the so called senators because they trying protect one of their own whom they jointly loot this country dry for I and you to go through what we are seeing today, but you guys are busy making noise. Is the senator above the law? What about other Nigerians? will they summon the I G for every arrest they make in this country? The problem of killing in the country, why can't they summon the minister of interior instead? If the senator is innocent of the charges level against him I believe the court will exonerate him at the end of the day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nwafor Ogbu Shot Dead In Rivers State (Photos) / It Is Settled , The Presidential Election Will Be Declared Inconclusive.see Pics / Nigerian-born WYO President-general Assumes Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.