Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

17 Writing Tips For Bloggers Who Think They Can’t Write! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 17 Writing Tips For Bloggers Who Think They Can’t Write! (311 Views)

Bonanza For Bloggers - I Am Giving Away Wordpress Premium Plug-ins / Importance Of A Domain Name For Bloggers / Shorte.st Is The Best Advertising Network For Bloggers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

17 Writing Tips For Bloggers Who Think They Can’t Write! by Naijatwist: 5:13pm On May 10, 2018
Writing Tips For Bloggers

First a question…

Are you a better speaker or a better writer?

Personally, I’m a much better speaker than I am a writer.

I can speak confidently in public, but with writing, it is a different story.

I am not unique – For some of us it is more natural to speak and for others it is more natural to write.

Of course there are some who are blessed with both skills but anecdotal research suggests they are a minority.

I ask this question because my first suggestion is:

1) Record Your Article / Blog Post

If I plan a long article (2000 words plus) I find it easier to first record what I plan to say and then get it transcribed. If you do not wish to transcribe yourself, then my transcription service of choice is CastingWords.

You must have an outline of what you plan to say before you start.

Keep focused on your outline and topic as you speak. If you do not, then you risk ending up a recording that covers two or even three blog posts!

Consider your audio transcript a mannequin on which to hang your article. The transcript will not be perfect but with some editing and additions the whole process of creating a post has become much easier.

Make a good enough recording and you have a Podcast.

2) Use a pen and paper!

Write longhand!

With technology as it is – longhand writing is almost a lost art.

Your brain thinks differently when you use longhand. For me, the ideas flow faster in longhand. With typing the magic thought often has disappeared before I get a chance to type it. (But as a 1960 baby, this may be a generational thing!)

Continue reading

https://twistvibes.com/17-writing-tips-for-bloggers-who-think-they-cant-write/
Re: 17 Writing Tips For Bloggers Who Think They Can’t Write! by Naijatwist: 6:36pm On May 10, 2018
This are the best skill u need to know

(1) (Reply)

The Web And The Internet: Any Difference? / Hurry Get What Am Giving Out On My Birthday / The Purest Fact On Solar Platform!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.