Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:11 AM

If You Live In Benin City, Come In - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Live In Benin City, Come In (2762 Views)

Ring Road, Benin-city: See The Works Of Art That Adorn This City Center (PHOTOS) / Keke NAPEP In Benin City Pictured / 5-Junction In Benin City When It Rains: See What It Looks Like (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Live In Benin City, Come In by hydeka: 8:20pm On May 10, 2018
Hello guys, I need information about Benin city. I may be moving there soon
How is life generally? Cost of accommodation,
Security...is the place safe? I've heard a lot about cultism and so on. Where are the best areas to live to avoid trouble?

Please I need sincere answers. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Live In Benin City, Come In by tonididdy(m): 3:48am On May 11, 2018
Enjoy the city,
mind your business,
be friendly back.

public transportation is hectic (temporary) but state owned transportation is better and cheaper but slower.

accommodation is fair enough, lots of nice locations and buildings to choose from just avoid water logged areas because rain and Benin city na 5&6

Power distribution is ok.

food stuffs are quite expensive compared to other towns, I guess nobody is farming in edo state.

em....feel free to ask me more.d
Re: If You Live In Benin City, Come In by liljboy10: 5:46am On May 11, 2018
Well transportation cost is okay
Crime rate is okay..It was much worse a few years ago..I guess most robbers have turned to yahoo
Housing is affordable
The streets are mostly waterlogged when it rains due to bad drainage system so make sure u choose an area that isn't prone to flooding
Rainy season here is usually very rainy so is dry season..it's a harsh weather
There are a lot of pretty girls here
Benin people are not too ambitious u can feel it in the spirit of the city..
Night life is 5/10
Food is quite cheap
There are two malls..one at kada plaza and filmhouse close to uniben.

These is my experience as a uniben student residing in Benin for more than 4 years now
Re: If You Live In Benin City, Come In by hydeka: 6:22am On May 11, 2018
liljboy10 and tonididdy, thanks for your contribution.

Are there areas that are more prone to criminal activities? And how late can someone stay out at night?
Re: If You Live In Benin City, Come In by tonididdy(m): 9:33am On May 11, 2018
hydeka:
liljboy10 and tonididdy, thanks for your contribution.

Are there areas that are more prone to criminal activities? And how late can someone stay out at night?

em none that I know of, crime is not something we which to experience better heard . so I cannot categorically point out a crime prone area to you.

Night life, well there are several clubs in Benin city ...Long story short Benin city is next to beer and gallivantings.
Re: If You Live In Benin City, Come In by hydeka: 9:45am On May 11, 2018
tonididdy:

em none that I know of, crime is not something we which to experience better heard . so I cannot categorically point out a crime prone area to you.

Night life, well there are several clubs in Benin city ...Long story short Benin city is next to beer and gallivantings.

Thanks so much...
I've only been visiting Benin but never stayed for long.
Thanks again
Re: If You Live In Benin City, Come In by tonididdy(m): 9:56am On May 11, 2018
hydeka:

Thanks so much... I've only been visiting Benin but never stayed for long. Thanks again
you welcome. btw I am a Benin boy in diaspora tongue
Re: If You Live In Benin City, Come In by Ttipsy(f): 10:45am On May 11, 2018
no pictures about recent developments on infrastructure?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

19 Places On Earth You Are Not Allowed To Enter / Hustlers Thread: Help On How Life Is At Ghana / Is USA Better Than UK in anyway ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.