Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) (52287 Views)

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) / Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:23am On May 11, 2018
MailOnline helps to break the record for the world's highest dinner party by eating a meal served at 23,000ft on EVEREST.

MailOnline Travel's Sadie Whitelocks went on an expedition with former special forces officer Neil Laughton.

I'd never felt so exhausted, I had a nagging headache and ice was steadily forming on the tip of my nose in the -20 degrees Celsius whipping wind.

I started to think that accepting an invitation to the world's highest dinner party on Mount Everest might have been one of the silliest things I'd done but not one to give up easily, I continued slogging my way up the 1km-high ice wall in a bid to not let my expectant dinner host down.

Former special forces officer Neil Laughton, a 54-year-old avid adventurer, first tried hosting the world's highest dinner party in 2015 but the Nepalese earthquake struck and the mission had to be aborted.

Now he was back on the mountain with a new team, including myself, to have another bite at the cherry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-5702905/MailOnline-Travel-helps-break-world-record-worlds-highest-dinner-party-Everest.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:24am On May 11, 2018
The dinner party table was finished off with plastic flowers and candelabras.

The world's highest dinner party took place in the morning to allow for better weather. Below from left to right, Sherpa Nima, expedition team member Jane Chynoweth, Sadie Whitelocks and team leader Neil Laughton.

In total there were eight of us taking part in the sky-high dinner, with one team member sadly forced to leave the table due to exhaustion mixed with altitude sickness.

It was a very surreal experience witnessing a white-clothed table sitting close to the peak of Everest.

Laughton had insisted on the edition of a candelabra and yellow plastic lilies, which certainly lifted the mood.

With us all gathered around the table, complete with chattering teeth, we settled in for our record breaking feast.

The expedition team had a dress rehearsal dinner at Everest base camp where the weather was much sunnier.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:24am On May 11, 2018
To get to the world's highest dinner party, Sadie and the team had to scale a 1km-high ice wall.

The weather around Mount Everest (pictured is the summit) can change wildly throughout the day, with sunshine giving way to furious snow showers

5 Likes

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Dottore: 4:28am On May 11, 2018
In a country where everything works, you can explore anything and have it form part of history. Why won't u live long when you are happy

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:40am On May 11, 2018
How they passed the nights before getting to 23,000ft.

See more about Everest and its dead bodies here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3417802/graveyard-26000ft-stories-frozen-bodies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Funjosh(m): 5:04am On May 11, 2018
On my way to join them.

9 Likes

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Trapnews: 5:43am On May 11, 2018
seriously?
Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Nobody: 5:46am On May 11, 2018
Explorers still rocks!!!

12 Likes

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by sbm060(m): 5:46am On May 11, 2018
What a record
Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Nogodye(m): 5:47am On May 11, 2018
Money is sweet o...Money always do the unexpected.

11 Likes

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by littlewonders: 6:04am On May 11, 2018
Good for them. Let me tell chioma to prepare we are climbing a bed of 30,000ft this night. Whether the devil likes it or not, that's where me and chioma will spend this night.

Pls, don't envy us. Life na turn by turn.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by tk4rd: 6:07am On May 11, 2018
One day, I will stage a dinner party in the clouds.

6 Likes

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Nobody: 6:40am On May 11, 2018
If people like buhari come here now. na DAT time avalanche go come carry everybody go early judgement.

Badest body odour president.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by vizkiz: 6:47am On May 11, 2018
tk4rd:

Can't wait for when buhari will have his next dinner at Duara

36 Likes

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by MichaelBukamzy(m): 6:51am On May 11, 2018
Funjosh:
On my way to join them.

No mahn.Go and break your own record at zuma rock. grin

That is if you ain't scared of your village people. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:45am On May 11, 2018
tk4rd:

O ya......
Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:46am On May 11, 2018
Funjosh:
On my way to join them.

Ok now, am with you bro.

1 Like

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by okwabayi(m): 7:50am On May 11, 2018
Something about white people always trying to conquer the highest points on Earth just doesn't sit well with me. What is their obsession with heights?

23,000 feet? It's not high as I thought. The highest meals which take place near-daily occur in aeroplanes. I know very well those travel at 30,000+ feet.

4 Likes

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by okwabayi(m): 7:52am On May 11, 2018
tk4rd:
People do this everyday. You can too: book a flight ticket.

3 Likes

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by sirgalahad26(m): 8:31am On May 11, 2018
okwabayi:
Something about white people always trying to conquer the highest points on Earth just doesn't sit well with me. What is their obsession with heights?

23,000 feet? It's not high as I thought. The highest meals which take place near-daily occur in aeroplanes. I know very well those travel at 30,000+ feet.

the difference is clear, they had a party on the highest point on earth, so dont compare it with the individual meals that is being served during air travels daily!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by okwabayi(m): 8:41am On May 11, 2018
sirgalahad26:

the difference is clear, they had a party on the highest point on earth, so dont compare it with the individual meals that is being served during air travels daily!
Not only individual meals. The US Air Force One contains a conference room which doubles as a dining room. Dining rooms are designed to house multiple people eating at the same time which is no different from what the original poster's pictures convey.
Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by sirgalahad26(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2018
dinner parties and conference meals arent the same, moreso, the emphasis on OP's post states that a dinner party was held on the highest point on earth! this does not corelate with whatsoever party or heights of planes because at that point in time, the plane is not touchin any point on the earth's surface!

okwabayi:

Not only individual meals. The US Air Force One contains a conference room which doubles as a dining room. Dining rooms are designed to house multiple people eating at the same time which is no different from what the original poster's pictures convey.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by J2381: 9:03am On May 11, 2018
How often does an Avalanche happen on Mt. Everest? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by okwabayi(m): 9:13am On May 11, 2018
sirgalahad26:
dinner parties and conference meals arent the same
They aren't. You're the one inferring they are. My other post stated "a conference room which doubles as a dining room" thus it could serve for meetings or eating. Two activities one can perform at the same or different times.

moreso, the emphasis on OP's post states that a dinner party was held on the highest point on earth! this does not corelate with whatsoever party or heights of planes because at that point in time, the plane is not touchin any point on the earth's surface!
I agree with you on this. I only chose to make it known humans can do the same at higher altitudes.

2 Likes

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by CriticMaestro: 10:09am On May 11, 2018
Some people na food go kill them
Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by madridguy(m): 10:10am On May 11, 2018
tongue
Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 10:10am On May 11, 2018
After these oyinbos don eat better food finish, dem go dey engage in stupid things
Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by nobodysmanrob(m): 10:11am On May 11, 2018
O boy! See levels.pun intended
Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by Nobody: 10:11am On May 11, 2018
Iyen naa daa pooo
Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by ayusco85(m): 10:13am On May 11, 2018
Party you won't enjoy. because of extreme cold I'll pass

1 Like

Re: 23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) by eluquenson(m): 10:13am On May 11, 2018
Una no well oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World's Most Powerful Passports. / Ibadan To Lagos Train Stuck In The Forest As Fuel Finishes (pictures) / Nigerians In Pretoria, Sunnyside, South Africa Suffering.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.