Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,426 members, 7,781,244 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:11 AM

Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change (36208 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Diso60090(m): 4:39pm On May 11, 2018
Nate187:
Madame na just your number I want,then u fit slap me anyhow

She wan use ak47 to shoot you first before giving you her number deal or no deal?
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by DCTrendy(m): 4:39pm On May 11, 2018
@OP,

How can you forget Benbe aladisa? Eyin Oyinbo, ewa fun mi ni visa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvJm7qGg0aQ
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by ruffDiamond: 4:42pm On May 11, 2018
tushIt na proper coward pls and secondly a backstabber and betrayal of trust ala blackface Op kindly remove him from the list abeg..even charly tried pass him by far with his OMDD thing.. that tuface na coward na only Toto im dey get power
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by sibepoc(m): 4:43pm On May 11, 2018
Where is M.I Abaga..

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Abagworo(m): 4:45pm On May 11, 2018
Tekno's "Rara" sure belongs to that class and Timaya's "Dem Mama".
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by tosinet(m): 4:46pm On May 11, 2018
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by ruffDiamond: 4:48pm On May 11, 2018
Reelmii:
Stereo man E DEY PAIN ME GAGA O......
I like that guy too o especially his dancing accompanied by vigorous shaking of head grin
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by ruffDiamond: 4:57pm On May 11, 2018
based on what na angry
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by kazyhm(m): 5:04pm On May 11, 2018
Names checkers association where at thou ?
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by ozoneboy(m): 5:05pm On May 11, 2018
Tuface my man is the king in this act

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by ruffDiamond: 5:06pm On May 11, 2018
Nofav0rs:
I miss Junglists
yeah me too..I like that..the boyz deyy biiiiiinu cos dem no wigooooo wowo!
the boyz deyy biiiiiinuu cos dem no wigooooo!

and one other track done in yoruba like dat with a white man dancing in the video..
chai we really rocked that CD gheto or not cheesy
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Centurion04: 5:08pm On May 11, 2018
Nice one...but you failed to mention 'the mandatory'.. The duo of Victor and Peggy. Their songs had moral justification and the music, clear messages too. However, they still remain one of my all time favorites!

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by wink2015(m): 5:13pm On May 11, 2018
Please include in your list Amb. Osayomore Joseph, one of the sound power from bini kingdom who use his music to inject some adrenalin to the mindset of the Nigeria political elites and their cronies in the corridor of power that were fond of oppressing the masses.

DURING THE HEIGHT OF HIS MUSICAL CAREER, HE WAS AN OUTSPOKEN VOICE FROM THE NIGER DELTA REGION USING HIS MUSICAL LYRICS.

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 11, 2018
Asiko laye. Those times are dead and gone. More bananas and cassava will continue to fall on us...get an helmet.
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by ruffDiamond: 5:17pm On May 11, 2018
Baroba:
An oldies but was just as revolutionary as the names mentioned, personally I think he is second only to Baba Fela, the one and only Ozzidi king Late Sonny Okosun. Songs such as Fire in Soweto was so prominent, the then apartheid government in South Africa banned it and of course who would forget his evergreen hit, Which way Nigeria.. May his soul RIP.. Honourable mentions, Mandators and Ortiz Wiliki Conqueror and Tribulations)..

The indomie gen won't understand cheesy
so on point bruh..the mandtors..victor essiet and Peggy..wonder. where they are now cheesy
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by alufahh1982: 5:19pm On May 11, 2018
TIDDOLL:
Az in... undecided undecided
Warri....warri warri Dem go hear am now... Old warri, Area New warri, Area
fairly old warri...... Area
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Buhari2rule(f): 5:25pm On May 11, 2018
Buffalowings3:

To knack you jazz dey hungry me
you know me?
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by OgaDonald: 5:37pm On May 11, 2018
LOL !!
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 11, 2018
i be yoruba guy but i love african china die the guys lyrics is only bettered by 2baba alone he ranks second on my list only after 2baba

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Nofav0rs(m): 6:12pm On May 11, 2018
ruffDiamond:
yeah me too..I like that..the boyz deyy biiiiiinu cos dem no wigooooo wowo!
the boyz deyy biiiiiinuu cos dem no wigooooo!

and one other track done in yoruba like dat with a white man dancing in the video..
chai we really rocked that CD gheto or not cheesy
yea, me too. I love that track. Those boys really dazzled us with lot of bangers back then

I really can't remember this particular track you talking about tho
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by sexdoll: 6:14pm On May 11, 2018
EsotericMonk:
As in ehn, this is soo on point. I have become very irritated lately as my renewed interest in naija music has been anything but gratifying.
If they aren't singing about fake money, its about fake love or whatever song dedicated to extol the sexuality of a fake arsed bimbo. And for those who manage to sing a half sensible song, they litter it with half nakid girls (hello feminists grin)
Let's not even get started about the lyrics it besmirks of intellectual laziness.

you even get time to be watching and listening to all those rubbish and endless noise from davido and co.

if music pass 2pac, e don pass me be dat.
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by newoffer: 7:23pm On May 11, 2018
Nate187:
space bookers oooo����,nairaland suppose dy pay us,haba empower the loyal youths
. Linda dey share money once a while. Seen no dey do Csr
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by NNature(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2018
Style plus
Gt fa Guiterman
Brymo

ASA

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Nate187: 7:54pm On May 11, 2018
Diso60090:

She wan use ak47 to shoot you first before giving you her number deal or no deal?
. no she no fit afford ak47 but I know seh she fit afford slap cheesy
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by SirBunky85(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2018
what of timayas "pity for us"?
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by J2381: 8:01pm On May 11, 2018
OP. You forgot Charly Boy.
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by daveP(m): 8:19pm On May 11, 2018
especially that Olamide that wantu release 365songs/year.

All singing crap and dancing to crap. Drop beat only and just say it's your song. put one or two nursery rhymes in the beat and then call or say something about hustling and gbami... you Don blow... ensure the next song is about popping of bottles and babes ... and you'll be a millionaire.

If Abami Eda was alive, I'm sure he would use just one song to wrap up their careers. nonsense.
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by cyrus1992(m): 8:21pm On May 11, 2018
Inspire01:
U are forgetting OSAYOMORE JOSEPH, he was never afraid to speak out during d military regime through his songs

Abeg, shey na only you know this person?
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Inspire01: 8:25pm On May 11, 2018
cyrus1992:

Abeg, shey na only you know this person?
No sir
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by cyrus1992(m): 8:57pm On May 11, 2018
Inspire01:
No sir

Was asking cos i dont know the man,
Im a music enthusiast who happens to know quite a lot about old songs, and i dont know that man, thats why i was simply asking.
Re: Unforgettable Musicians Who Ignored ‘banana, Cassava’ For Societal Change by Inspire01: 9:01pm On May 11, 2018
cyrus1992:

Was asking cos i dont know the man,
Im a music enthusiast who happens to know quite a lot about old songs, and i dont know that man, thats why i was simply asking.
He is edo musician and was very popular during the 80s and 90s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Naval Force Performs Fela Kuti's "Water E No Get Enemy" / Wizkid Wins AFRIMA 2017 Best Male West African Act. Beats Davido / Wizkid Performs Davido‘s Dami Duro Played By DJ Tunes At His Madison Square Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.