Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works (1589 Views)

Airtel Just Introduced New Cheap Bundles / Infinix Hot 9 And Hot 9 play devices Introduced To Nigerian Market / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by Ezehill(m): 10:46pm On May 11, 2018
Finally, the whatsapp group settings that was first spotted in the whatsapp beta is now official to its stable whatsapp App.

The new whatsapp group settings restrict members from editing group information such as group icon, Description and group name. According to the preview from Whatsapp beta tester, the update will allow the admin to set if all members will be able to edit the group info or make it eligible for admins only.

The new feature made its way to the stable Android whatsapp v2.18.142 after finding its way to iOS users early this week.

After updating your whatsapp to the latest version, As admin, group administrators will be able to find it by navigating to Group info > Group settings > Edit group info. Admin will be able to choose who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description – with two choices (1) All participants or (2) Only admins. The new Group settings section is also where administrators can assign new group admins.

To get the feature down to your phone, you need to download whatsapp latest updated version from Google Play store or visit https://www.tutorialscope.com/whatsapp-group-settings-features-now-live-users/ To download the latest version.
Re: Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by theunnamed: 11:41pm On May 11, 2018
undecided
Re: Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by Ezehill(m): 8:10am On May 12, 2018
theunnamed:
undecided

Lolz boss anything wrong?
Re: Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by Abayor7: 5:03pm On May 12, 2018
I'm not satisfied with that feature yet.
They need to do the pricavy separately not the three in one place.
For example, some might have the icon changing privatized to the admins alone but make the subject changing for general and vice versa.
Re: Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by Ejadike(m): 5:15pm On May 12, 2018
Cool feature jor.
Re: Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by Ezehill(m): 9:03pm On May 12, 2018
Abayor7:
I'm not satisfied with that feature yet.
They need to do the pricavy separately not the three in one place.
For example, some might have the icon changing privatized to the admins alone but make the subject changing for general and vice versa.

Lolz than it wont make sense nah. If admin want anybody to be able to edit group info den he can easily give the person the license
Re: Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by Abayor7: 10:16pm On May 12, 2018
Ezehill:

Lolz than it wont make sense nah. If admin want anybody to be able to edit group info den he can easily give the person the license

Still not satisfied or do you mean I should make somebody the adminship because he need to access the groups' icon or subject?
Re: Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by Ezehill(m): 11:14pm On May 12, 2018
Abayor7:

Still not satisfied or do you mean I should make somebody the adminship because he need to access the groups' icon or subject?

1st of all y should member be changing group info self. The update is perfect for my eye oh
Re: Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by Abayor7: 8:32am On May 13, 2018
Ezehill:

1st of all y should member be changing group info self. The update is perfect for my eye oh

True sha, but some group allows icon change by any member especially when it's a member's birthday and the admns might not be around
Re: Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works by Ezehill(m): 10:02pm On May 13, 2018
Abayor7:

True sha, but some group allows icon change by any member especially when it's a member's birthday and the admns might not be around

I understand your point and I can see it as well but what can we do if not to take the one being given to us and wait patiently for upcoming update

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Latest: Airtel Rollout 4G Network To Kwara, Oyo & More States With Free 4GB Data / OPPO F11pro Big Brother Naija Invasion / MTN Is Dashing Out 100MB As Compensation For Network Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.