Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari (16596 Views)

I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari / President Buhari Departs For UK For Medical Check-up - Photos / Buhari Speaks To Nigerians After Arriving In London For Further Medical Check-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Ebullience(m): 11:36pm On May 11, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on his arrival at the airport in Abuja today said he is in good condition.

The President’s aircraft touched down at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja on Friday by 7:00 pm after a three-day medical trip to London, United Kingdom.

When asked on by journalists why he arrived on Friday after his schedule of returning on Saturday, the President said his arrival is not earlier than expected.

“It is not earlier than expected. I just went for a further medical check-up and I am alright, thank you,” President Buhari said.

In a tweet announcing his departure, President Buhari on Monday said, “I will be travelling to the United Kingdom tomorrow, to see my doctor, at his request. Will be away for four days; back in Abuja on Saturday, May 12.”

His Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, had said the President would return on Saturday but he returned back to the country a day earlier.

Using his official Twitter handle @MBuhari, the President also announced his returned to the country.

“President is back in Abuja. He arrived this evening from London,” the presidency wrote on its Twitter account.

Buhari, who last year spent some five months receiving treatment in the British capital, had left on Tuesday to see his doctor.

The move stoked fresh doubts about the president’s health and his ability to campaign for re-election at polls scheduled for February next year.

The main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said Buhari was clearly unwell and unfit to govern.

The PDP has previously claimed he was being treated for prostate cancer. Buhari has said those claims were untrue.

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, also criticised President Muhammadu Buhari for embarking on a medical trip to the United Kingdom.

He said on Channels Television’s Programme, Sunrise Daily on Thursday that the President and other Nigerians who travel abroad for medical attention are ridiculing the nation.

“These medical trips by the President and the rich in Nigeria expose our country to ridicule because you cannot justify that a little of enormous resources cannot fix a few hospitals to the extent that everybody can be treated in Nigeria,” Falana said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/05/11/i-just-went-for-medical-check-up-i-am-alright-buhari/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Gloriousgud: 11:41pm On May 11, 2018
OK O! hope you can run very well for 2019 second term for our sake? wish you permanent healing sha!!

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by SalamRushdie: 11:44pm On May 11, 2018
No you are not alright you are an evil tyrant

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by obonujoker(m): 11:47pm On May 11, 2018
Baba don't you have shame

108 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 11, 2018
I am alright is not a medical report oga.

Weytin dey sick you

72 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 11, 2018
There are good hospitals in Nigeria, Baba why didn't you go for checkup there?
Haba, must you always go to UK for ordinary checkup?

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Nobody: 12:03am On May 12, 2018
Ameeboh:
There are good hospitals in Nigeria, Baba why didn't you go for checkup there?
Haba, must you always go to UK for ordinary checkup?
Do you need to be told he went to have his chemotherapy? His doctor would've been flown into the country if it were for a checkup.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 12:09am On May 12, 2018
Buhari thinks an average Nigeria is a slowpoke like a cow.This man can only keep on deceiving himself.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Nobody: 12:16am On May 12, 2018
kimbraa:
Do you need to be told he went to have his chemotherapy? His doctor would've been flown into the country if it were for a checkup.

shocked

So the rumour about him having cancer is true??

I'm gobsmacked.

8 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by omowolewa: 12:21am On May 12, 2018
Medical Check up in UK you called just?!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Chine12(m): 12:24am On May 12, 2018
Leave all the Hospital in 9ja(public and Private hospitals) and Fly to UK for just Checkup ...
There Is God oooo...
Hit like for Atiku and share for Buhari

39 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by adadike(f): 2:27am On May 12, 2018
Buhai, welcome, pls ask IGP to stop sending his wife to come and organise rally in Anambra state.

8 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Omololu2121: 2:33am On May 12, 2018
More than 90% Nigerians can't go for this sort of check up you went for.

5 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by emmykey0128(m): 4:07am On May 12, 2018
Ordinary check up and you went to UK!!!!!! Can't you just do checkup in Nigeria again ni?

5 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by DOUBLEWAHALA: 6:10am On May 12, 2018
those who goes to check are: asthmatic patients mental issue cancer hiv

any sickness that has a complicated healing
bubu tell us what u checked up for
Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Adekdammy: 6:29am On May 12, 2018
Wasting tax payers money on medical tourism when your doctors can actually fly in from UK which would have saved the nation more forex.

Besides how come you don't believe in Nigerian doctors?
Any doctor that votes for this buhari again is an enemy of the doctors in Nigeria, since he can't patronise you guys because he doesn't believe in you then he doesn't deserve your votes.

28 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by anibirelawal(m): 6:35am On May 12, 2018
Thank God our President is well and alright. May you live long in good health for you to take us to the promised land.

PMB TILL 2023.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Alejoc(m): 6:43am On May 12, 2018
What happens to the millions vote for Aso Rock clinic.... You mean there is no Doctor you trust there for ordinary checkup?

E Sir, you have no conscience let alone shame.... You care so much for your own life while the rest of the people you lead die sheepishly.....

May God revenge all these carnage and mishaps on you generations yet unborn and may He deliver us from your hold!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Nwaohafia1: 8:34am On May 12, 2018
Abacha is the only head of state (including Presidents) that didn't go for medical treatment abroad, instead he built National Hospital Abuja.

Buhari you don't need to go for medicals abroad, fix our hospitals. Buhari would have had my vote if he had left his son in that Abuja hospital.

7 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Millz404(m): 8:34am On May 12, 2018
Nobody was worried....

Any doctor that votes for buhari is a mad person.

His actions is saying all of you are quacks and non of you is qualified to treat

All the money buhari has spent going for "just medical checkup" is enough to build at least one ward each in all the 36 states

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by conve23: 8:34am On May 12, 2018
Ok
Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by maduxs: 8:34am On May 12, 2018
im just looking at you.

1 Share

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Otono4real(m): 8:35am On May 12, 2018
A president that cannot check his health in his own country, Is that one a leader?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by WhoBeThisMan: 8:35am On May 12, 2018
Just look at yourself Mr president, opening your mouth to tell us :

"I just went for a medical. Checkup.... And I'm back"

With taxpayers money. I'm sure the money embarked for that trip is enough to build one hospital ward in Nigeria.

Smh. This man is shameless

10 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Sunkyphil(m): 8:36am On May 12, 2018
Walking corpse
Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by omoniomoade(f): 8:36am On May 12, 2018
Abeg enough of this brohaha...........like for Christiano, Share for Leo.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by adisabarber(m): 8:36am On May 12, 2018
This man should learn to keep quiet at times.
So no doctor in Nigeria can check him?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Suko110(m): 8:37am On May 12, 2018
Them just do system upgrade, scan the system to see if any error...... check up ni

1 Like

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by robinso01(m): 8:37am On May 12, 2018
who dey dey ask am Wetin he go do sef?

2 Likes

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by Nobody: 8:37am On May 12, 2018
Buhari has pulled a great deceit on Nigerians. Came in under the integrity and prudence mantra but here he is , gallivanting with state resources.
Had check up a week before, now had another check up with state resources for an undisclosed ailment.
And we keep cheering him on cos we are m0rons. Who knows if he is even using the check up to stash away our Commonwealth.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari by moscobabs(m): 8:37am On May 12, 2018
Baba don't mind them.. They want u to die, but not yet u must finish your good work till 2023 then yu spend more 20yrs before u say bye bye to this sinful world.

God bless PMB

God bless Arewa

God bless Afonja

God bless the Ojukwus

To hell with Biafra

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll / Zulum: Change Your Tactics, Attack Boko Haram In Hideouts / APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.