Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner (1344 Views)

8 Qualities Of Vagina That Drives Men Crazy. / Guys, See Picture of What An Ideal Man Should Be / Qualities Of A Wife Material According To A Female Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by Matchknots: 2:36pm On May 12, 2018
Below are some qualities to look for in a life partner. These qualities help ensure that the two of you will be able to move through the tough times and even grow closer as a result.

1. Maturity

This statement is not meant to echo the ever-advised mantra that maturity is important. Being “grown up” isn’t merely a matter of not acting like a kid anymore. It’s not about a boyfriend who remembers to take out the trash or a girlfriend who never runs late. These qualities are nice, but to truly grow up means making an active effort to recognize and resolve negative influences from our past. An ideal partner is thus willing to reflect on his or her history and is interested in understanding how old events inform current behaviors.

When people mature emotionally, they are less likely to re-enact or project past experiences onto their current relationships. They develop a strong sense of independence and autonomy, having differentiated from destructive influences from early in life. As they evolve within themselves, they are less likely to look for someone to compensate for shortcomings and weaknesses or to complete their incompleteness. Instead, they’re looking for someone to share life with as equals and to appreciate independently of themselves. Having broken ties to old identities and patterns, this person is much more available to a romantic partner and the new family that they create together. Naturally, becoming emotionally mature ourselves helps with this process and dramatically improves our chances of achieving a solid and rewarding relationship.

2. Openness

The ideal partner is open, undefended and willing to be vulnerable. No human being is perfect, so finding someone who is approachable and receptive to feedback can be a huge asset to a lasting union. When someone is free-thinking and open-minded, it enables them to be forthright in expressing feelings, thoughts, dreams and desires, which allows you to truly know them. Their openness is also an indication of their interest in personal development and often contributes to the development of the relationship. Like perfect people, perfect unions do not exist, so finding someone with whom you can talk about an area that you feel is lacking in your relationship and who is open to evolving is more than half the battle. Conversely, being willing to accept feedback from our partners and looking for that kernel of truth in what they say allows us to develop ourselves in a similar manner.

3. Honesty & Integrity

The ideal partner realizes the importance of honesty in a close relationship. Honesty builds trust between people. Dishonesty confuses the other person, betraying their vulnerability and shattering their sense of reality. Nothing has a more destructive impact on a close relationship between two people than dishonesty and deception. Even in painful situations such as infidelity, the blatant deception involved is often equally, if not more, hurtful than the unfaithful act itself. The ideal partner strives to live a life of integrity so that there are no discrepancies between words and actions. This goes for all levels of communication, both verbal and nonverbal. Being open and honest in our most intimate relationships means really knowing ourselves and our intentions. While this can prove difficult, it is an effort worth striving for.

4. Respect & Independence

Ideal partners value each others’ interests separate from their own. They feel congenial toward and supportive of each other’s overall goals in life. They are sensitive to the other’s wants, desires and feelings, and place them on an equal basis with their own. Ideal partners treat each other with respect and sensitivity. They do not try to control each other with threatening or manipulative behavior. They are respectful of their partner’s distinct personal boundaries, while at the same time remaining close physically and emotionally. Valuing and respecting our partners’ sovereign minds and not trying to change them allows us to really know them as a separate people.

5. Empathy

The ideal partner perceives their mate on both an intellectual, observational level and an emotional, intuitive level. This person is able to both understand and empathize with his or her partner. When two people in a couple understand each other, they become aware of the commonalities that exist between them and also recognize and appreciate the differences. When both partners are empathic, that is, capable of communicating with feeling and with respect for the other person’s wants, attitudes and values, each partner feels understood and validated. Developing our ability to be empathic helps us understand and attune to our partner.

6. Affection

The ideal partner is easily affectionate and responsive on many levels: physically, emotionally and verbally. He or she is personal, acknowledging and outwardly demonstrative of feelings of warmth and tenderness. This person should enjoy closeness in being sexual and feel uninhibited in giving and accepting affection and pleasure. Being open to both giving and receiving affection adds a poignant feeling to our lives.

7. Sense of Humor

The ideal partner has a sense of humor. A sense of humor can be a lifesaver in a relationship. The ability to laugh at one’s self and at life’s foibles allows a person to maintain a proper perspective when dealing with sensitive issues that arise within the relationship. Couples who are playful and teasing often defuse potentially volatile situations with their humor. A good sense of humor definitely eases the tense moments in a relationship. Being able to laugh at ourselves makes life much easier. Plus, it is one of life’s greatest joys to be able to laugh with someone close to us.

Searching for your ideal life partner... Create a free account at www.matchknots.com
Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by Matchknots: 12:23pm On May 14, 2018
Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by Matchknots: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
Find your ideal life partner on www.matchknots.com

Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
Respect precedes all as far as am concerned and I keep telling my man, the day he cease to respect me is the day we end whatever we have together. Neither should he boss me around too or try to control me, I'm a stubborn person and he knows that so its a win-win.

Its either my way or the high way.
Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by MISEDUCATIONS: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
be a good cook, do housework with a smile, kneel to serve food and open legs wide; thats all the qualities i need in a life partner.

1 Like

Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by labake1(f): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
Colourich:
Respect precedes all as far as am concerned and I keep telling my man, the day he cease to respect me is the day we end whatever we have together. Neither should he boss me around too or try to control me, I'm a stubborn person and he knows that so its a win-win.

Its either my way or the high way.

A man must be in charge and control his home you have no business getting married. Marry your father.
Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
Pipedreams:

A man must be in charge and control his home you have no business getting married. Marry your father.
Oh now do I? anyway no one said he won't be in charge of his home but he should give me my due respect.
Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by Matchknots: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2018
Have a lovely weekend.
Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by Matchknots: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
Re: Qualities Of An Ideal Life Partner by Matchknots: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Smelly(fish) Pussy / Should I Tell My Fiancee I Am No Longer A Virgin? / Students go crazy as "Madea" makes a surprise appearance and twerks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.