Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 (5725 Views)

Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread / Tennis: Roland Garros 2011 (where Are All These Yeye Tennis Fans Self) / Talking Tennis: Roland Garros Kicks Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by FOD(m): 9:56pm On May 22, 2010
The French Open starts Sunday 23 May, 2010. Nadal, who lost the title last year, looks set to reclaim his what seems to be his birthright after breezing past almost everyone since the start of this clay season.

Defending champ, Federer despite losing to Nadal at the Madrid masters, somehow believes he's ready to defend his title.

Among the other contenders are Djokovic, Ferrer, Murray, Soderling, Verdasco.

Among the ladies, I'm not sure if there is a clear favourite to win this.

So, who takes the title?
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2010
Fed express all the way. Nadal has found his clay court form back; winning the 3 clay court masters(Rome, Madrid and the other one) but in the grand slams, Federer always turns on the style. I'm expecting a Federer-Nadal final with Federer clinching it again.
Watch out for the Swede, Robert Soderling, could spring up a few surprises. Djokovic is another man you cant rule out.
I dont see British hype, Andy Murray going very far in this one.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by fredoooooo: 8:32pm On May 23, 2010
MEN:F THATEDERAL IS THE BEST TENNIS PLAYER TO EVER HOLD THE RAQUET BUT NADAL RULES ON CLAY , I GO FOR NADAL,
WOMEN:I GO FOR VENUS/SERENA WILLIAMS ,PREFERABLY VENUS FOR RECORD PURPOSES,HENIN CANT WIN IT THIS TIME SURE OF AM , WATCH OUT FOR JELENA JANKOVIC ALSO ,
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by fredoooooo: 8:40pm On May 23, 2010
fredoooooo:

MEN:F THATEDERAL IS THE BEST TENNIS PLAYER TO EVER HOLD THE RAQUET BUT NADAL RULES ON CLAY , I GO FOR NADAL,
WOMEN:I GO FOR VENUS/SERENA WILLIAMS ,PREFERABLY VENUS FOR RECORD PURPOSES,HENIN CANT WIN IT THIS TIME SURE OF AM , WATCH OUT FOR JELENA JANKOVIC ALSO ,
made a mistak i have to retype ,
Men:federer is the best tennis player ever to hold the racket,but Nadal rules on clay , so i go for NADAL , robin soderling and fernando verdasco can pull suprise as well ,
Women:justine henin may be peoples favourite due to her dominance on the clay but i think she cant win it this time , so i go fo the WILLIAMS sisters , preferably VENUS for record and personal reasons , but am also watching out for Jelena JANKOVIC , she can do it this time , WILLIMASES 4 LIFE
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by harmeenut: 6:39pm On May 24, 2010
one down already.

having won on all surfaces, Baba Twins na the best among all. But nadal had shown he is better than Federer on Clay; I just wish Federer can defeat him and put the argument to rest. Fed is my favourite but I respect Nadal so much, he's one player I hate to like, He's improving and catching up with Fed on all grounds. Even when Federer won last year, it's believed because Nadal was knocked out at the fourth round. But this year Federer must make me proud by beating Nadal in the final.

Go Fed
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 8:11am On May 25, 2010
World number 1, Roger Federer was at his best yesterday as he saw off Peter Luczak in straight sets: 6-4, 6-1, 6-2.
Andy Murray had to come from two sets down to beat Frenchman, Richard Gasquet: 4-6, 7-6, 6-4, 6-2, 6-1.
World number 2, Rafael Nadal will be in action today.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 11:22am On May 26, 2010
World number 2 Rafael Nadal continued his brilliant form as he beat Frenchman, Gianni Mina in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2, 6-2.
There was an upset yesterday as womens number 9, Dinara Safina was beaten by Kimiko Date-Krumo, 3-6, 6-4, 7-5.
There were victories for American dream, Andy Roddick as he beat Finish, Jarkko Nimminen, 6-2, 4-6, 4-6, 7-6, 6-3 and Justin Henin who beat Tsvetana Pironkova, 6-4, 6-3.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by airegin: 2:14am On May 27, 2010
why are you guys counting Tsonga and Marin Cilic out. I think those are going to give Nadal, Murray, Federer, Soderling a run for their money
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 8:01am On May 27, 2010
^^^Yes i agree wit u. Marin Cilic can give any of the top seeds a run for their money. Tsonga too, but he always fumbles when in matters most. Its funny you are considering Murray as one the big shots. That guy is nothing but a hype. I'll try to get the first round results of Cilic and Jo Tsonga. I know they progressed
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by triistar86: 4:06pm On May 27, 2010
medjai:

^^^Yes i agree wit u. Marin Cilic can give any of the top seeds a run for their money. Tsonga too, but he always fumbles when in matters most. I[b]ts funny you are considering Murray as one the big shots. That guy is nothing but a hype[/b]. I'll try to get the first round results of Cilic and Jo Tsonga. I know they progressed

As usual the British press are doing their job very well. . . .  grin

I would Just like to see my all time favorite (Federer aka Baba Ibeji) outclass his nemesis (Nadal) for once on this clay court.  cool
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 7:47am On May 28, 2010
Federer beat Alejandro Fala in the 2nd round:7-6 6-2 6-4. There were wins for Soderling, Tsonga and Cilic as well. Andy Murray and Andy Roddick are also through to the third round. Federer will meet Julian Reister in the third round
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 8:02am On May 28, 2010
so what happened between Monfils and Foggini yesterday shocked

after winning 2 straight sets, the italian still came back to flog him

and whats with the cancellation and the way the games are been suspended

The Monfils and Fogginni game was delayed for alost 24hrs after the game was tied at 5-5. Thats not goo for tennis

same thing happened between Murray and Chela.

lets see if Murray survives Baghdatis today

using this opportunity to holla at my boi - Nadal

Go go Nadal
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 8:43am On May 28, 2010
Murray's game was suspended twice. The first was due to fading lights. The other was for rain but he still won though.
So Gael Monfils is out. Lost to an unseeded Foggini.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 9:24am On May 28, 2010
medjai:

Murray's game was suspended twice. The first was due to fading lights. The other was for rain but he still won though.
So Gael Monfils is out. Lost to an unseeded Foggini.
13th seed vs 93rd seed

na wa .

Foggini will face wawrinka today

my money is on wawrinka tho. I hope Fogginni wont pull no stupid stunts today
he should go home
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 12:05pm On May 28, 2010
Nadal is killing Zebalos right now

first 2 sets down
6-2 , 6-2
third set underway

Stupid Almagro won 3 straight sets
this stupid man made me lose money in the Berlin tournament just b4 Roland Garros.
will never forgive the rat

David Ferrer has been declared the winner after winning 2 straight sets. Dont know why the opponent couldnt complete the third set. Injury? dunno

Serena and Pvaluchenkova are through after winning 2 straight sets ( not doing badly here)

waiting for Djokovic, Henin and Verdasco to win their games and i can knock make a call to WilliamHill to wire me some cash grin grin

Go GO NADAL!!
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 12:21pm On May 28, 2010
who is next for Nadal to consume?

3 straight sets against Zeballos

6-2, 6-2, 6-3

Lets go Nadal
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 12:42pm On May 28, 2010
Federer and Reister is on the way

Henin is through to the next round
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 1:36pm On May 28, 2010
Having a feeling Verdasco and J.C Ferrero will have it tough against their opponents

Djokovic and Hewit are through to the next round

Federer is killing his opponent tongue
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 2:36pm On May 28, 2010
Federer wins tongue

The much anticipated Murray and Baghdatis is on the way

sharapova through to next round samantha stosur is facing a tough first set against De Los Rios

c'mon stosur, you can do it grin
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 3:33pm On May 28, 2010
Impressive stosur moves to next round

Verdasco is battling hard to enter the next round. . . .

and the game that sends shivers down my spine has begun

Wawrinka vs Fogginni

Lord give Wawrinka the day. . . .

Murray is doing ok as expected
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by jaybee3(m): 3:36pm On May 28, 2010
how much did u stake bro?
wawrinka will surely deliver
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 3:40pm On May 28, 2010
jay bee:

how much did u stake bro?
wawrinka will surely deliver
its a parlay of 9 games (small quid $100)
wawrinka and verdasco na dem remain grin grin ,; they shd do quick so i can start studying for tmrs matches

have u signed up on the NL fantasy world cup thingy?
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by jaybee3(m): 3:48pm On May 28, 2010
verdasco don deliver and wawrinka i just about to wrap up the first set.
u don get dis wkd's shayo money be dat and yes i have registered for the Fantasy stuff. I so wanna beat u tongue
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 3:54pm On May 28, 2010
jay bee:

verdasco don deliver and wawrinka i just about to wrap up the first set.
u don get dis wkd's shayo money be dat and yes i have registered for the Fantasy stuff. I so wanna beat u tongue
shayo money wey den don dey submit daily since Roland Garros started

thank God i didnt put Monfils yesterday. Arrow lost grin grin

i just dey fear that Fogginni cos i dont know how he came from 2 sets down to beat Monfils - The guy na wizard
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 3:57pm On May 28, 2010
Ol boi, do you think anybody can beat me in any fantasy ish on NL

i didnt start the EPL schitzo well, would have won it

my cv reads

champions
-ANC fantasy competition
-UCL fantasy competition

ask A-40 how i disgraced him on th final day cheesy grin

abeg, dont lemme talk too much b4 i come last
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 5:26pm On May 28, 2010
Wawrinka winsssssss
3 straight sets grin grin grin

soderling and Cilic Marin on heat right now
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2010
make as much money from William Hill now cos from the 4th and 5th round its gonna be real hard. Anyway dont put your money on Andy Murray.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 6:27pm On May 28, 2010
lol
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 8:03pm On May 28, 2010
Robert Soderling beat Albert Montanes 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-3 to face a likely 4th round clash with Marin Cilic if he wins his tie.
Andy Murray eased past Marcos Baghdatis 6-2 6-3 0-6 6-2 and will face Thomas Berdych in the 4th round.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 28, 2010
medjai:

Robert Soderling beat Albert Montanes 6-4 7-5 2-6 6-3 to face a likely 4th round clash with Marin Cilic if he wins his tie.
Andy Murray eased past Marcos Baghdatis 6-2 6-3 0-6 6-2 and will face Thomas Berdych in the 4th round.

How do you "ease" past someone who bagelled you in set 3?
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 8:15pm On May 28, 2010
no mind Murray jare. Him no get shame. grin
he won anyways
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by dayokanu(m): 8:25pm On May 28, 2010
So Murray won?

Abeg dont mention that idiotic Gael Monfils. He lost me my whole paycheck. How can you a French boy lose at home to Fognini.

Asswipe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Hottest Wives/girlfriends Of Football Stars / Photos Of Some Good Great Former Footballers / AFCON: Acho, Timi Dakolo, Salatiel, Others For Sing For Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.