Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Kenyan Alex Wins 2018 Okpekpe Road Race - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenyan Alex Wins 2018 Okpekpe Road Race (435 Views)

IAAF Confirms Date For 2018 Okpekpe Road Race / 10km Jos Road Race Dec 2017, Jos Plateau State / 10km Jos Road Race Dec 2017, Jos Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Alex Wins 2018 Okpekpe Road Race by omusiliyu(m): 4:47am On May 13, 2018
KENYAN Kibet Alex won the men’s category of the 2018 10 kilometers Okpekpe road race yesterday in 29.46 seconds after the participants defied the heavy downpour to participate in the annual sports event.

The rain began ten minutes after the VIPs race flagged off. Among dignitaries in the VIPs were immediate past Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Governor Godwin Obaseki, Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, Edo Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu, Edo First Lady, Mrs. Betsy Obaseki, former Commissioner for Environment, Mr. Clem Agba, amongst others.

Foreign athletes including their Nigeria counterparts had earlier began their race 20 minutes before the rain began. Governor Obaseki and Oshiomhole completed the race despite the rain.

It was a day of glory for athletes from Kenya as they won in the male categories while an Ethiopian, Yani DeraDida won the female category, leaving the second and third for the Kenyans.

Alex ran 29.46 seconds to win the male category, Simon Chepat was second in 30.29 seconds while Ronoh Timothy placed third by finishing in 30.39seconds.

The other female winners from Kenya who placed second and third were Tuei Sandra Chebey and Kipyokei Diana.

Speaking to newsmen, Kibet said the weather affected his time. “I want to thank God for winning this race. This is my first time to be here. The course was not easy especially the finishing point. The starting point was okay but the finishing point was hilly.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/kenyan-alex-wins-2018-okpekpe-road-race/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6183000680

Re: Kenyan Alex Wins 2018 Okpekpe Road Race by mekonglobal(m): 5:52am On May 13, 2018
I guess we don't practice enough here, why always east Africans?
Congrats to the winner though i'm not hating oo!

P.s... These should hv been the area the Fulanis expertise would have come in handy but no, rather they did go about snoffing life out of helpless masses!

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Owner Abramovich Takes Israeli Citizenship / Luis Suarez Reveals What Neymar Him And Messi Before Leaving Barcelona / That Pig Must Be Slaughtered For Lying That Nigeria Will Reach Semifinal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.