Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? (13250 Views)

What Is Your Church's Theme (year Of) For 2024? / Woman Reports Noisy Church To LASEPA. Forces Them To Change Venue Of Vigil / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Timagex(m): 4:49pm On May 13, 2018
Me does not go to church undecided.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by laudate: 4:51pm On May 13, 2018
hot1sauce:
well I did not lie... like I said I was invited by a member of the MFM and at this time the church was even just coming into its own in Nigeria. The branch I went to was somewhere in one of the municipals of the FCT Abuja.... I paid a gate fee.... and its even one official or is it guard who collected it from me... to enter at the time. That I paid along with all the other tithes which I suppose is normal. it was just the gate fee which I did not understand. I don't know anything about Ibafo or the HQ O! i'm not a regular member of MFM, i'm just stating what I've witnessed going with one who invited me

Oga, what are you saying....what part of FCT in Abuja, is this MFM located? Is it Gwari or Asokoro or Kuje, or Kubwa or Wuse? And how can you pay gate fee at the church along with tithes at the same time? Your story does not add up, sir! shocked
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by hot1sauce(m): 4:55pm On May 13, 2018
laudate:

Oga, what are you saying....what part of FCT in Abuja, is this MFM located? Is it Gwari or Asokoro or Kuje, or Kubwa or Wuse? And how can you pay gate fee at the church along with tithes at the same time? Your story does not add up, sir! shocked

what do u mean r u police.... to tell me that my "story" does not add up.... I just said my own what don't u understand gate fee is obviously not the same as tithes.... what is hard in understanding the expression.... abeg aunty cool down for jesus
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by laudate: 4:59pm On May 13, 2018
hot1sauce:
what do u mean r u police.... to tell me that my "story" does not add up.... I just said my own what don't u understand gate fee is obviously not the same as tithes.... what is hard in understanding the expression.... abeg aunty cool down for jesus
I am not an aunty. You do not know my gender. sad Your story is full of loopholes and does not add up. Try to obey the 9th commandment, pls.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by hot1sauce(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2018
laudate:
I am not an aunty. You do not know my gender. sad Your story is full of loopholes and does not add up. Try to obey the 9th commandment, pls.
ehn uncle.... u were not there with me at the time sow u can and must only give me the benefit of the doubt.... u want to quote commandment. fine i'm happy to quote Matthew 7:2
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 13, 2018
I attend Winners' Chapel and its cool for me; but I would love them to allot more time to worship. They cut one off with their 10 mins praise/worship session. Also, they should empower the youths in various endeavor with the wealth the church has amassed and not only encouraging us to give.
For those who observed some form of indecent dressing in some folks, don't be discourage nor distracted, okay? The church is a hospital, some patients are terribly sick.
#one_love

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by wizod(m): 6:28pm On May 13, 2018
swiz123:
Mehn... I'm catholic and their mode of offerring Is something else.

First collection, second collection, third, sometimes fourth.

Meanwhile, some of us don't have lower currency denominations; I can't give 1k four times na.

I once attended winners' chapel back in ogun state, and up till today, I still can't fathom why they allow girls wear nose rings to church; not to mention short skirts
let dem read Exodus 20 vs 3 and stop bowing to graving images
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by OShepherd: 7:06pm On May 13, 2018
Evangelistofluv:

any church that falls for tithe and offering... Always fear to preach d truth of salvation so they gather more members
U r very correct & that's Y av been enjoying this church; the MOG talks more about salvation & spirituality than the canal world. He's OK too, not a begger & my spirit often lifted whenever am there, he doesnt tolerate indecent dressings; no wonder we r few numbers of worshippers but I love it

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by miniyi018(f): 7:32pm On May 13, 2018
In my Church, they value Sunday School more than praise and worship. We take praise for 15 minutes while Sunday school takes 1 hour meanwhile we still have to listen the sermon. Many youths left our church because of this.

Also creating Parishes and transferring workers meanwhile they do not get adequate support.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Evangelistofluv: 7:56pm On May 13, 2018
OShepherd:
U r very correct & that's Y av been enjoying this church; the MOG talks more about salvation & spirituality than the canal world. He's OK too, not a begger & my spirit often lifted whenever am there, he doesnt tolerate indecent dressings; no wonder we r few numbers of worshippers but I love it

yeah it does not take crowd to male Heaven Bro..... If God should open ue eyes u will be surprised that most big crowded churches have not produced a candidate in Heaven....
Smaller but Holy no case!
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 13, 2018
Jofet:
Church members MUST marry only within the church, if you marry someone who is not a member of your church, you are seen a sinner.
That crab sucks!!!!

There is no church name in Heaven, only blood washed saints "from all kindred and tongues and tribes and denomination"
It sucks indeed.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by iaatmguy(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2018
To hammer on love
To preach about Not being Covetous

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 13, 2018
genuinechimere:

It doesn't make you less catholic neither does it u more Catholic. Do the ones your faith can carry and move on. No one is taking records of that.

Lol. Worst advice ever.

Next time ask fada make e explain the meaning of the words "heresy" and "heretics".

I find it quite difficult to believe that you and that fellow you quoted are Catholics. You don't even know your doctrines.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by MissJoy29(f): 10:28pm On May 13, 2018
purityval:

I think people should know that it's not compulsory to go to church.
Are you saying I should stop going to Church? shocked
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by laudate: 11:20pm On May 13, 2018
princeking2:
I attend Winners' Chapel and its cool for me; but I would love them to allot more time to worship. They cut one off with their 10 mins praise/worship session. Also, they should empower the youths in various endeavor with the wealth the church has amassed and not only encouraging us to give.
For those who observed some form of indecent dressing in some folks, don't be discourage nor distracted, okay? The church is a hospital, some patients are terribly sick.
#one_love

They don't do worship in Winners Chapel. They do only praise. undecided When was the last time you heard worship songs inside there?
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by laudate: 11:21pm On May 13, 2018
Timagex:
Me does not go to church undecided.
You don't know what you are missing! wink
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Timagex(m): 12:04am On May 14, 2018
laudate:

You don't know what you are missing! wink
humor me sire! I'm all ears! wink
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by MatinoOnoja(m): 1:00am On May 14, 2018
nannyo:
Above all, if u are worshipping in any church and you are committed, yet no improvement, pack ur load to another church
do God hear/answer our prayer through a congregation (what u referred to as church)?

Church is the entire body of Christ(I.e Christianity)
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Nobody: 4:15am On May 14, 2018
This is going to be a very long read so viewers BEWARE!!!

I am going to say this with all the love and sincerity i could possibly muster because i really love the Body of Christ, and it grieves me to see certain errors persist in the church in spite of the clarity of scripture as regarding the issues we are facing today.

Before i list my key areas of concern, i need to first of all stress that one very great serpent that has constrained the gospel from reaching its full potential on earth is the menace of diluting the focus of God's wisdom with local values and personal opinions. This includes views that were carved out from the crucibles of culturally biased mindsets. As far as i know, any 'doctrine' that cannot be universally applied is either half baked, contaminated, exaggerated or lies that do not reflect the unadulterated ideals of the kingdom of God. One acid-test for notarising doctrine should be its robustness. Although it is our collective responsibility to represent and reach out these ideals just like it is written "let your light so shine before men", "Go into the world and make disciples", it is most unfortunate that arrogant mediocres who are too lazy to pay the price for a sustainable and durable conviction are the boldest and swiftest to ooze out their half-baked understanding of the ways of God. The noises generated from these ill-equipped herd of mediocres constitute the greatest source of confusion across the Body today. The salient and forgotten exhortation of Paul is crying out for remembrance today, "Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that [we] who teach will be judged more strictly".

The office of teaching the Wisdom of God's Word must be reserved for vessels who have sustained understanding of the ways of the Kingdom with irrefutable proofs. Sadly, the board of most churches function like a parliament where the voice of the Holy Spirit has been substituted for two-thirds majority. The Church is where it is today because carnal men are leading alot of the churches. This is the ugly truth. As much as it is apparent that the harvest is plentiful and the labourers are few, i cannot stress enough how few competent labourers are a thousand times more effective than a multitude of mediocres.

These are the key areas of concern that I wish the church should look at and make amends:

Imbalanced teaching on the Gospel of Grace: This tops the chart in my opinion if we are to rank teachings that have caused the greatest pain in the Body today. Paul wrote in Ephesians that we are saved by grace through faith. Sadly most times, the entire teachings on grace ends there. It does not ask the question, why are we even saved in the first place? What must we do when we are saved? The portion of Ephesians that says "we are God's workmanship created to do GOOD WORKS" is often left out of the equation. From scripture, it is evident that two things are true.

(1) The purpose of God and His universal character is constant
(2) His methods of achieving His purposes might change between slightly and totally

When one begins to emphasise one parameter of grace to the detriment of the other, a breed of stubborn, indisciplined and unrepentant christians are nurtured in the house of God. The result is a lack of reverence for the unchanging universal character of God which is 'Holiness' God has instructed that men be Holy just as He is. We were asked to come boldly and NOT arrogantly to God's presence that we may obtain mercy. Men who have had their fill on these imbalanced teachings are largely arrogant and treat the presence of God with contempt.

Imbalanced teaching on the Gospel of Holiness: while the exaggeration of grace is creating its own perculiar havoc, on the other side of the spectrum is the 'holiness' guys who feel they are the closest people to God. I liken them to the Pharisees. Bulk of the teachings on Holiness does not inspire love but fear, which does not sit well with the scripture that says "perfect love, drives out fear...for fear has to do with punishment". The Gospel of grace is about reconciliation, and adoption of a nature that empowers one to live a christ-like life. The sole aim of the gospel is to draw people to God, that they might be like Him. But an imbalanced teaching on holiness emphasis heaven as the profit for doing good. The love of God is beyond going to heaven. It is a relationship, a sharing of God's authority and kingdom. It endues one with the authority to legislate on behalf of the governing council of heaven not for some reward, but because of a sense of responsibility. The imbalanced teaching of holiness has made alot of people see God as a wicked one, who forces his ways down the throat of humans. It relegates the gospel to a reward-based business enterprise.

Imbalanced teaching on the Doctrine of Predestination: Nothing aches as much as this statement "It is the way God wanted it". A woman dies of cancer and you hear men of God who have not paid the price to secure the anointing and as a result could not dispense God's healing power say "God knows why He took her". These powerless and lazy ministers are the first to criticise men of God who have paid the price to produce the results they so crave. God is not omniscient in the way we have been taught to understand what God as omniscient is, else He is a wicked, heartless and terrible God who is undeserving of worship if He goes ahead to create a person he has predestined to go to hell. Predestination is the assignment of portions to persons, but this is not what is being taught in the body. A person suffers or fails an exams and gives glory to God with the mindset that God orchestrated his failure from the beginning. Most lazy Pseudo-Men of God on campus do not balance their academics with the mandate they claim to have and they disgrace and add more sorrow to the Body of Christ, whic they claim to represent by their colossal failures. In my opinion, any teaching that makes God 100% responsible for the outcome of a person's life is sugar-coated lies. God might apportion resources and align the required elements necessary to achieve destiny but it is still entirely the call of the individual to make decisions. Alot of decisions are too trivial for God to ‘predestine’ from a macroscopic point of view. For instance, God does not direct you on the style of haircut to do or brand of deodorant to buy! He never predestined me to use my Nivea roll-on yesterday.

Imbalanced teaching on the Believer's Authority: This is probably a fallout from the imbalanced teaching on the gospel of Grace. Scripture says in Psam 50:15-16 "and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honour me. But to the wicked God says: “What right have you to recite my statutes or take my covenant on your lips? The wicked in this context refers to those who know the right thing but deliberately choose to do the wrong thing. They pride in doing wrong, they misrepresent Christ, they cause more pain than good to the body by their two-faced persona but still claim to be God's oracle. A very clear cut case is that of a popular Nollywood actress who has so much miss-represented Christ in her movie roles, an un-repentant actress whose dressing reveals the true content of her mind. Whenever concerned believers try to rebuke such an erring fellow, the 'judge not that ye not be judged'-crew arise to defend in their favour. Access in the kingdom is actually in stages. We are actually not equal before God's sight - a sad truth that people hate. Yes, we might be equal in Christ, but our level of reverence for the Holy Spirit has separated us into cadres. No authority exists for pseudo-christians. Church is filled with christians who love God but also want to partake of some worldly pleasures because the responsibility and code of conduct of the kingdom has not been properly taught to them. They are the first to sing “there shall be showers of blessing...” or “everything na double double oh” etc., but are very swift to break God’s heart with their hypocrisy and amoral lifestyle. Truth of scripture is as clear as a HD movie but lovers of pleasure always find gaps to fill with their twisted and watered-down ideas. The imbalanced teaching of the believer's authority does not take into account the price of discipline, concentration and obedience must be paid behind the scene. It says that "once you believe in Christ, you will do the works that Jesus did'. The price-factor is subtly omitted.

Exaggerated confrontations: Churches need to stop teaching against other denominations but focus on teaching what the scriptures says because when the scriptures are properly taught, the truth will be apparent to all and sundry. No one is the custodian of wisdom and we know in part. I remembered when a popular man of God and his wife had a divorce. Believers where the first to circulate the news and the zeal to do so was born out of envy and hatred rather than genuine desire to confront what was supposed to be an error. The actions of the Man of God were interpreted from the lens of envy and hatred rather than love.

Drama and Choreography: I know i will be heavily criticised for this but i strongly agree with A.W.Tozer that these things be scrapped from the church because they have been abused. I have observed that churches where great worship, word, deliverances and miracles take place hardly have time for drama, choreography etc which only excites the body but has no real spiritual value. They give the impression that spirituality has been exercised or the word has been conveyed in its unique way but in reality, a group of mediocre actors/actresses have performed a poorly directed script to pass away time. I think it will be more profitable to watch a more professional nollywood movie than to see most of the acts performed in majority of the churches

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by ora96: 4:52am On May 14, 2018
ohlynxx93:
Make provision for home church service via online premises .......
Lazy Uth

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by XaintJoel20: 5:09am On May 14, 2018
MissJoy29:
I'd like my Church to stop making Tithe paying compulsory. It's compulsory in the sense that they tie it to some benefits which you can't access unless you pay regularly. That's why there's a tithe card.

I'd also like my Church to stop planting Parishes everywhere without equipping them adequately. This makes the Pastors attached to these Churches turn to mini-beggars by soliciting for funds from people anyhow and every time.

Also, the planting of Parishes anyhow gives rise to another disturbing practise: ordaining anyhow persons as Pastors. Some are too young, too inexperienced, not hot for God, not well-grounded etc.

Again, I'd like them to join the Communion Service together with the normal morning service on Sundays instead of having another service in the evening for It and doing everything(offering, Praise & Worship, testimony, Sermon, announcements etc) all over again.

Furthermore, I'd like my Church to make their universities affordable for majority of the congregants and their wards whose monies perhaps helped in building those schools. It's only fair, right & Christainly to do so.

Finally, I don't think I will ever understand the practice of smaller Parishes and school fellowships remitting a certain percentage of their collections to the National Headquarters or to the General Overseer's account directly. Except there's something I'm missing. Cos I think the tap should flow from full to empty or half empty/half full and not the other way around.

You must be a member of RCCG.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by XaintJoel20: 5:10am On May 14, 2018
[quote author=Jofet post=67520032]Church members MUST marry only within the church, if you marry someone who is not a member of your church, you are seen a sinner.
That crab sucks!!!!

There is no church name in Heaven, only blood washed saints "from all kindred and tongues and tribes and denomination"[/quot]
Please which church is that.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by XaintJoel20: 5:11am On May 14, 2018
Jofet:
Church members MUST marry only within the church, if you marry someone who is not a member of your church, you are seen a sinner.
That crab sucks!!!!

There is no church name in Heaven, only blood washed saints "from all kindred and tongues and tribes and denomination"
Please which church is that?
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by Nobody: 5:31am On May 14, 2018
laudate:

They don't do worship in Winners Chapel. They do only praise. undecided When was the last time you heard worship songs inside there?
last sunday.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by MissJoy29(f): 5:59am On May 14, 2018
XaintJoel20:

You must be a member of RCCG.
cool.
You are a member too right? It surely takes one to know one. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by ikorodureporta: 9:00am On May 14, 2018
This is going on in most churches...they shld stop the idea of charging registration fee for seminars. As much as 2k from a poor congregation? That means you dnt want the poor in the church...
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by MightyFortress: 10:18am On May 14, 2018
DanXplore:
This is going to be a very long read so viewers BEWARE!!!

I am going to say this with all the love and sincerity i could possibly muster because i really love the Body of Christ, and it grieves me to see certain errors persist in the church in spite of the clarity of scripture as regarding the issues we are facing today.

Before i list my key areas of concern, i need to first of all stress that one very great serpent that has constrained the gospel from reaching its full potential on earth is the menace of diluting the focus of God's wisdom with local values and personal opinions. This includes views that were carved out from the crucibles of culturally biased mindsets. As far as i know, any 'doctrine' that cannot be universally applied is either half baked, contaminated, exaggerated or lies that do not reflect the unadulterated ideals of the kingdom of God. One acid-test for notarising doctrine should be its robustness. Although it is our collective responsibility to represent and reach out these ideals just like it is written "let your light so shine before men", "Go into the world and make disciples", it is most unfortunate that arrogant mediocres who are too lazy to pay the price for a sustainable and durable conviction are the boldest and swiftest to ooze out their half-baked understanding of the ways of God. The noises generated from these ill-equipped herd of mediocres constitute the greatest source of confusion across the Body today. The salient and forgotten exhortation of Paul is crying out for remembrance today, "Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that [we] who teach will be judged more strictly".

The office of teaching the Wisdom of God's Word must be reserved for vessels who have sustained understanding of the ways of the Kingdom with irrefutable proofs. Sadly, the board of most churches function like a parliament where the voice of the Holy Spirit has been substituted for two-thirds majority. The Church is where it is today because carnal men are leading alot of the churches. This is the ugly truth. As much as it is apparent that the harvest is plentiful and the labourers are few, i cannot stress enough how few competent labourers are a thousand times more effective than a multitude of mediocres.

These are the key areas of concern that I wish the church should look at and make amends:

Imbalanced teaching on the Gospel of Grace: This tops the chart in my opinion if we are to rank teachings that have caused the greatest pain in the Body today. Paul wrote in Ephesians that we are saved through faith. Sadly most times, the entire teachings on grace ends there. It does not ask the question, why are we even saved in the first place? What must we do when we are saved? The portion of Ephesians that says "we are God's workmanship created to do GOOD WORKS" is often left out of the equation. From scripture, it is evident that two things are true.

(1) The purpose of God and His universal character is constant
(2) His methods of achieving His purposes might change between slightly and totally

When one begins to emphasise one parameter of grace to the detriment of the other, a breed of stubborn, indisciplined and unrepentant christians are nurtured in the house of God. The result is a lack of reverence for the unchanging universal character of God which is 'Holiness' God has instructed that men be Holy just as He is. We were asked to come boldly and NOT arrogantly to God's presence that we may obtain mercy. Men who have had their fill on these imbalanced teachings are largely arrogant and treat the presence of God with contempt.

Imbalanced teaching on the Gospel of Holiness: while the exaggeration of grace is creating its own perculiar havoc, on the other side of the spectrum is the 'holiness' guys who feel they are the closest people to God. I liken them to the Pharisees. Bulk of the teachings on Holiness does not inspire love but fear, which does not sit well with the scripture that says "perfect love, drives out fear...for fear has to do with punishment". The Gospel of grace is about reconciliation, and adoption of a nature that empowers one to live a christ-like life. The sole aim of the gospel is to draw people to God, that they might be like Him. But an imbalanced teaching on holiness emphasis heaven as the profit for doing good. The love of God is beyond going to heaven. It is a relationship, a sharing of God's authority and kingdom. It endues one with the authority to legislate on behalf of the governing council of heaven not for some reward, but because of a sense of responsibility. The imbalanced teaching of holiness has made alot of people see God as a wicked one, who forces his ways down the throat of humans. It relegates the gospel to a reward-based business enterprise.

Imbalanced teaching on the Doctrine of Predestination: Nothing aches as much as this statement "It is the way God wanted it". A woman dies of cancer and you hear men of God who have not paid the price to secure the anointing and as a result could not dispense God's healing power say "God knows why He took her". These powerless and lazy ministers are the first to criticise men of God who have paid the price to produce the results they so crave. God is not omniscient in the way we have been taught to understand what God as omniscient is, else He is a wicked, heartless and terrible God who is undeserving of worship if He goes ahead to create a person he has predestined to go to hell. Predestination is the assignment of portions to persons, but this is not what is being taught in the body. A person suffers or fails an exams and gives glory to God with the mindset that God orchestrated his failure from the beginning. Most lazy Pseudo-Men of God on campus do not balance their academics with the mandate they claim to have and they disgrace and add more sorrow to the Body of Christ, whic they claim to represent by their colossal failures. In my opinion, any teaching that makes God 100% responsible for the outcome of a person's life is sugar-coated lies. God might apportion resources and aligns the required elements necessary to achieve destiny but it is still entirely the call of the individual to make decisions. Alot of decisions are too trivial for God to consider on a macroscopic scale. For instance, God does not direct you on the style of haircut to do or brand of deodorant to buy! He never predestined me to use my Nivea roll-on yesterday.

Imbalanced teaching on the Believer's Authority: This is probably a fallout from the imbalanced teaching on the gospel of Grace. Scripture says in Psam 50:15-16 "and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honour me. But to the wicked God says: “What right have you to recite my statutes or take my covenant on your lips? The wicked in this context refers to those who know the right thing but deliberately choose to do the wrong thing. They pride in doing wrong, they misrepresent Christ, they cause more pain than good to the body by their two-faced persona but still claim to be God's oracle. A very clear cut case is that of a popular Nollywood actress who has so much miss-represented Christ in her movie roles, an un-repentant actress whose dressing reveals the true content of her mind. Whenever concerned believers try to rebuke such an erring fellow, the 'judge not that ye not be judged'-crew arise to defend in their favour. Access in the kingdom is actually in stages. We are actually not equal before God's sight - a sad truth that people hate. Yes, we might be equal in Christ, but our level of reverence for the Holy Spirit has separated us into cadres. No authority exists for pseudo-christians. Church is filled with christians who love God but also want to partake of some worldly pleasures because the responsibility and code of conduct of the kingdom has not been properly taught to them. Truth of scripture is as clear as a HD movie but lovers of pleasure always find gaps to fill with their twisted and watered-down ideas. The imbalanced teaching of the believer's authority does not take into account the price of discipline, concentration and obedience must be paid behind the scene. It says that "once you believe in Christ, you will do the works that Jesus did'. The price-factor is subtly omitted.

Exaggerated confrontations: Churches need to stop teaching against other denominations but focus on teaching what the scriptures says because when the scriptures are properly taught, the truth will be apparent to all and sundry. No one is the custodian of wisdom and we know in part. I remembered when a popular man of God and his wife had a divorce. Believers where the first to circulate the news and the zeal to do so was born out of envy and hatred rather than genuine desire to confront what was supposed to be an error. The actions of the Man of God were interpreted from the lens of envy and hatred rather than love.

Drama and Choreography: I know i will be heavily criticised for this but i strongly agree with A.W.Tozer that these things be scrapped from the church because they have been abused. I have observed that churches where great worship, word, deliverances and miracles take place hardly have time for drama, choreography etc which only excites the body but has no real spiritual value. They give the impression that spirituality has been exercised or the word has been conveyed in its unique way but in reality, a group of mediocre actors/actresses have performed a poorly directed script to pass away time. I think it will be more profitable to watch a more professional nollywood movie than to see most of the acts performed in majority of the churches

Best post of the day!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by XaintJoel20: 12:22pm On May 14, 2018
MissJoy29:
cool. You are a member too right? It surely takes one to know one. cheesy
You could be right.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by MissJoy29(f): 12:38pm On May 14, 2018
XaintJoel20:

You could be right.
Lol...anyway, I am(answer to your first question)
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by XaintJoel20: 12:45pm On May 14, 2018
MissJoy29:
Lol...anyway, I am(answer to your first question)
Sister in Christ.
Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by MissJoy29(f): 12:50pm On May 14, 2018
XaintJoel20:

Sister in Christ.
Brother in The Lord.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? by stacyadams: 5:14pm On May 14, 2018
I understand the pastors try to coerce people to pay tithe,but do u realize .they run diseal on Gen,some pay workers,pay Nepa bills,service Gen and equipments...���

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins / Apart From Your Pastor, Who Is Your Favorite Pastor/Tele Evangelist? / 39 Catholic Priests Killed, 30 Kidnapped In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.