Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:32 AM

U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday (26131 Views)

Israel Raids Al-Aqsa Mosque In Jerusalem Again; 152 Worshippers Injured / U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked; Iraqi Security Forces Kill Protester / Nigeria, 33 Countries That Attended USA Opening Of Embassy In Jerusalem (List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Elliot2(m): 5:58pm On May 13, 2018
dermmy:

I'm a christian let me ask this question. What do we stand to gain from jerusalem becoming the capital of israel? E go increase our anointing or we go enter heaven automatically? Pls answer me i don't understand. Or naija youths would be employed automatically by Israel. Smh
Christians don't ask this kind of question.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by kingsclass: 6:00pm On May 13, 2018
fakeprophet:
Trump is a dictator, out of 128 countries is only 8 that supported Trump resolution
[color=#006600][/color]. The road to hell is very wide while the road to heaven is narrow.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by anataala: 6:01pm On May 13, 2018
It seems your are worst than Terrorist, how can you call on the Killing of innocent soul. The embassy can't remain there forever, the will run and leave that place by their self, every one knows Israel is an extension of United State of America.
BiggerbossAmani:

woo very nice

Israel should use this opportunity and privilege to kick State of Palestine out of their way, if possible they should kill them all.

No human born of woman not to talk of Palestinians can stop God's word not to come to pass or be fulfilled.

This should sound a serious Warning to ISIS, Boko Haram and other Islamic Fighting Groups
That, their Caliphate objective or aim can never be achieve.

Thank you President Donald John Trump for destabilizing ISIS and other Islamic groups.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by DavidEsq(m): 6:05pm On May 13, 2018
Demmzy15:
Which prophecy is that? Give me a quote from the bible
That's how they talk: false prophets. Last time I checked Jesus Christ cursed Jerusalem
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by dermmy(m): 6:06pm On May 13, 2018
Elliot2:

Pls what question does a christian ask? Does christianity stop us from thinking? If you know the word of GOD u would have answered my question but you couldn't because you have no answer than to rejoice over what does not add to our virtue as a christian. What does not add souls into God's kingdom, Give me the reason why i have to rejoice over this move.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by DavidEsq(m): 6:07pm On May 13, 2018
Elliot2:
Is dat ur answer to a simple question?
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by JUHABACH: 6:08pm On May 13, 2018
and just like that, almost all hope of actual peace in the middle east.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by contigiency(m): 6:09pm On May 13, 2018
Trump pragmatic talk and do president.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by dermmy(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2018
DavidEsq:

Is dat ur answer to a simple question?

Don't mind him. He has nothing upstairs, i dnt blame people of his ilk.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Demmzy15(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2018
DavidEsq:

That's how they talk: false prophets. Last time I checked Jesus Christ cursed Jerusalem
Which was a reference to the Jews because they were known to kill Prophets
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by DavidEsq(m): 6:13pm On May 13, 2018
Demmzy15:
Which was a reference to the Jews because they were known to kill Prophets
grin grin grin grin
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by chimexdnice(m): 6:14pm On May 13, 2018
fakeprophet:
Trump is a dictator, out of 128 countries is only 8 that supported Trump resolution

what resolution are you talking about? it's their country it's their embassy... finish.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 6:20pm On May 13, 2018
somto10:
I jus luv trump...
make dem borrow us d man
for jus 6 months
Oga 6 months big. Just 1 week is good enough for him to clear all these APC wickedness.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by amliftedhigher: 6:22pm On May 13, 2018
lakesider:

yes , he can ban gay marriage in the world , because he his the military president general of the world , i don t blame you , i blame the state for not teaching you basic social studies
A useless gay. Let me catch your likes I will cut your manhood.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 6:26pm On May 13, 2018
ykalhaji:
I used to think Muslims where a crazy set of people based on their reactions to issues especially what christians folks used to say, but with the things christians say, wish for and reason, plus the history of christianity, I am beginning to understand why muslims have been conditioned to never give an inch. You guys are the same ish. Religious conservative fanatical zealots, christians just know how to add progressive makeup on their own. And for all the Christians supporting Isreal, The jews just like the muslims consider you guys as fools, heretics and misguided homo sapiens worshipping a perverted version of their religion. They are just very diplomatic about it. Go to Isreal and see how they treat African christians.
Jesus himself was rejected in Isreal, so what are you saying?
We are only happy because our Bible prophesied that, and again, Isreal is the root and origin of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by amliftedhigher: 6:29pm On May 13, 2018
troublemakea:

no I dont feel bad it's just that curbing gay or les is totally impossible
You are a gay useless animal instead you will drink acid and die you are in the world digging feaces. For your information Trump has stopped the govt funding the medical bills of transgender in the military and civil service. He will ban gay's soon
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 6:30pm On May 13, 2018
1stolax:

Funny thing is, the enlightened ones around the world consisting of Christians and Muslims are against the US move on this. But our miserable ignorant and senseless Nigerian Christians sees it as a victory for Christians. Lol!
Senseless people who doesn't know that the population of Christians in Israel is not even up to 5% while Muslims are up to 20%. And that Jews don't like Christians. They don't believe in your JESUS!
The lazy jobless fools do not know the difference between a jew and a Christian.
You sure say you get sense? A jew is not supposed to believe in Jesus just as a Christian is not supposed to believe in Mo.
Even if the population of Christians in Isreal is 0%, there are still more Christians in the world than Moslems and Jews combined.
Jesus was rejected in Isreal and we are not craving for their validation. They are the ones in need of our validation and that was exactly what Trump did.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Demmzy15(m): 6:34pm On May 13, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

Jesus himself was rejected in Isreal, so what are you saying?
We are only happy because our Bible prophesied that, and again, Isreal is the root and origin of Christianity.
Where in the Bible?
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 6:36pm On May 13, 2018
sulasa07:
Is that Jewish god also Christian god,please,I need answer
YES! But is that ancient mesopotamia god also the islamic god?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 13, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

You sure say you get sense? A jew is not supposed to believe in Jesus just as a Christian is not supposed to believe in Mo.
Even if the population of Christians in Isreal is 0%, there are still more Christians in the world than Moslems and Jews combined.
Jesus was rejected in Isreal and we are not craving for their validation. They are the ones in need of our validation and that was exactly what Trump did.
Sense must be far from you....
And why are the Christians in Jerusalem condemning the move?
While the foolish ones here are jubilating.
Ignorance!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 6:42pm On May 13, 2018
Demmzy15:
Where in the Bible?
When has the content of the Bible start interesting Moslems. Anyway read the entire book of Daniel, but you can't interprete the entire prophecies. But lemme simplify it for you, Jerusalem will be taken away from Isreal, after many years it will be returned and that is the sign of the end time. According to one of the prophecies, it was traced that America is the last world power. We are celebrating that this is happening when America is a world power. It gives us more hope in the Bible.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Ddy(m): 6:49pm On May 13, 2018
Moghalu4Pres:
So Trump insisted on his move?

Vote Prof Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu, Nigeria's best option. Former deputy CBN Gov; former UN chief.

Read his profile:

Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu was born in Lagos in 1963 as the first of five children of his parents. Nnewi, the famous commercial town in Anambra State, is his hometown. His late father Isaac Moghalu, a retired Permanent Secretary, was a Nigerian Foreign Service Officer in the 1960s. Kingsley and his parents lived first at Webb Road in Ikoyi, Lagos and later in Geneva, Switzerland and Washington DC, USA in his early years. His mother, Lady Vidah Moghalu, a retired dietician, is now a Christian evangelist. Kingsley’s Igbo name Chiedu literally means “the Lord is my shepherd” or “led by the Spirit of God”. Little-known, he also has a Yoruba name, Ayodele, given to him by the late Mrs. Fumilayo Ransome-Kuti who was a friend of his parents in the early sixties.

After secondary school education at Government College, Umuahia and Federal Government College, Enugu, Kingsley graduated in law from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) assignment as a Legal Officer in Shell Petroleum’s headquarters in Lagos followed. He then worked in the late 1980s as the General Counsel of the now-defunct Newswatch magazine, the leading light of the Nigerian media at the time. But his sights were set firmly on the global stage. To further burnish his CV, he moonlighted as a special correspondent for prestigious foreign newspapers including South magazine in London, Christian Science Monitor in Boston, and Africa News Service in North Carolina (now the Washington DC-based AllAfrica Global Media) in the United States.

Kingsley was admitted to the M.A. programme at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy in 1990. With a letter of recommendation from Professor Bolaji Akinyemi, a former Foreign Affairs Minister of Nigeria and an alumnus of the renowned institution, The Fletcher School awarded Moghalu the Joan Gillespie Fellowship for future leaders from developing countries. The young man with the determination of a long-distance runner turned down an opportunity to become the company secretary of one of several new-generation banks sprouting in Lagos at the time and left Nigeria for Boston.

Kingsley Moghalu graduated with an M.A. in International Relations in 1992 and was appointed into the international civil service of the United Nations as an entry level officer on his individual merit. He worked in strategic planning, legal affairs and executive management roles in Cambodia, New York, Croatia, Tanzania, and Switzerland. A man who admits to having “workaholic tendencies”, he studied part-time and obtained a Ph.D. at the London School of Economics and Political Science while working as a senior UN officer assigned to The Global Fund in Geneva, Switzerland. Shuttling between Geneva and London, and in between frequent international official missions to various countries, he completed his 500-page doctoral dissertation in 12 months, shattering previous records at the University of London. As if a Ph.D was not nearly enough, he studied further at the UK Institute of Risk Management in London and became a professionally certified risk management professional.

Hard work and professional competence brought recognition. By 2006, aged 43, Kingsley Moghalu had attained the highest career rank of Director in the UN system, and served for six months in New York (at the rank of Under-Secretary-General) as a member of a high-level panel appointed by UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan to revamp the accountability, regulatory and internal dispute resolution system for the 60,000 global UN workforce and management. His interests now began to shift to the private sector. In December 2008 Kingsley resigned from the UN system, deployed 100,000 Swiss Francs of his personal savings as capital and established Sogato Strategies S.A., a risk management and global strategy consultancy in Geneva. This calculated risk later paid off in unexpected ways.

Sogato Strategies soon acquired impressive clients like the Swiss bank UBS and Syngenta, the Swiss agrochemicals multinational. Life in the private sector was looking up. But an encounter with Sanusi Lamido Sanusi at the World Economic Forum in Cape Town, South Africa in mid-2009 changed Moghalu’s trajectory. Sanusi had just been appointed Governor of the CBN. He was looking for a deputy governor to help him execute an ambitious agenda of banking sector reform after the global financial crisis. The governor was on the lookout for an executive with credibility, international exposure, and knowledge of risk management. Kingsley fit the bill. Sanusi persuaded him to return home to Nigeria as a deputy governor of the central bank and recommended him to President Umaru Yar’Adua, who appointed Kingsley to the coveted position. By November 2009, after his confirmation by the Senate, the new Deputy Governor was at his desk at the CBN heading the reserve bank’s Financial System Stability (FSS) Directorate.

He left the CBN in November 2014 after completing his term of office. Does he have any regrets? “No, not at all”, he replied. Does he miss the central bank? “I gave my best in service at the Bank. But, in hindsight, it was best that I moved on to other things when I did”. A man with a strong global pedigree, just weeks after he left the CBN he was appointed a professor at Tufts University and a member of the Advisory Council of the Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum (OMFIF) in London, UK. In addition to his academic duties in Boston, the professor’s schedule is packed with public speaking engagements around the world and consulting assignments. He has advised the investment bank Goldman Sachs, and global private equity and asset management firms such as Actis, TPG and Eaton Vance.

Devoted family man

Kingsley is a devoted family man. In 1994, while living in New York City and working in the UN’s headquarters, he married the then Miss Maryanne Ezike, a banker, lawyer and a daughter of the late medical doctor and former Permanent Secretary, Dr. Christopher Ezike. Kingsley and Maryanne Moghalu have four children. A short while after we left his classroom at Tufts University, Prof. Moghalu and I had a memorable encounter with Hillary Clinton, the former United States Democratic Party presidential candidate, at a dinner event at Henrietta’s Table restaurant in The Charles Hotel at Harvard Square in Cambridge. In conversation as we took selfies with the famous American politician who lost her bid to become her country’s first woman President, it turned out that she has read the professor’s Emerging Africa, and she told me that I have a bright future.

I tweeted pictures of my encounter with Prof. Moghalu at Tufts University and it drew many positive responses. As in America and around the world, the ex-CBN Deputy Governor is well- regarded at home in Nigeria. One typical response from one of my tweeter followers, @ibsanusi read: “Kingsley Moghalu…one of the best brains of Nigeria. Unfortunately, we don’t know how to maximize our best hands.” As we left Henrietta’s Table after our time with Mrs. Clinton, the global professor inspired me as we parted. “Our country belongs to us all. We have a duty to make it better for our children and our youth”, he told me. Nigeria has not heard the last of one of its most accomplished sons.

Toyosi Akerele-Ogunsiji was a 2017 Edward Mason Fellow and MPA graduate of the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.

How come Nnewi as a town don't know him. Esina uno Di MMA.
Am proud Anaedo
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Ikpongiton: 6:49pm On May 13, 2018
Jiang:
This is why I will never allow any squatters for my house, even if he go die outside make him die, instead of allowing him to come & kill my descendants at a later date claiming the house belongs to him
Osama bin laden spotted .
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 13, 2018
Demmzy15:
And people liked this, MODS people like this ought to be banned totally and reported to the police. Just imagine a Muslim saying this, the kind of hate some Nigerian Christians harbor against Muslims and Arabs is really alarming and it's should be of great concern.

I seriously don't know what's warrants this kind of post, you've just called for genocide. The killing of over 8 million men, women and children just because they don't agree with your point.

All I can say to you is, the wicked never last. Enjoy and shine your teeth while it lasts!

But you support Iran that has vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by OFFICIAL336: 6:57pm On May 13, 2018
1stolax:

Sense must be far from you....
And why are the Christians in Jerusalem condemning the move?
While the foolish ones here are jubilating.
Ignorance!
The same way some enemies of Nigeria are supporting APC. No true Isreali will condemn the move. Anybody condemning the move is not because they don't know Jerusalem is the eternal capital of Isreal, but because they are only afraid of moslems strapping bombs on their bodies and blowing themselves up. But like Netanyahu said "anyone that hurt Isreal, Isreal will hurt them 7 folds, and anyone planning to hurt Isreal, Isreal will hurt them before they do". Tomorrow is historic and there is nothing the armies of terror can do about that.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 13, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

We are the children of the covenant keeping God, we will destroy those terrorists called Palestinians.

The prophecy is being fulfilled
all this talk about prophecy can you or someone enlighten me please on what prophecy you are referring to?
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by mustafa006: 6:58pm On May 13, 2018
madridguy:
Welcome development.
how will this development improve your living standards
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by ollah2: 6:59pm On May 13, 2018
kingkakaone:

Yeah.
But I didn't shield them, my argument was that it was from both sides.

Read this at your leisure and don't forget to check the comments too

https://www.rt.com/news/415133-isis-declares-war-on-hamas/
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Ikpongiton: 7:02pm On May 13, 2018
DavidEsq:

You have used your own mouth to condemn yourself to death.May God have mercy on your poor soul .
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by EnkayDezign: 7:07pm On May 13, 2018
lakesider:
why are nigerians very stupid ?
this news does not concern us
Palestine or Israelite . do not put food on our table , neither do their affair affect our economy , lets use effort we spend on this people in discussing nigeria s greatest problem (restructuring the country to favor all parties

I tire o my brother. The same Israel that is maltreating and insulting us, Racist mofo's. Africans have been brainwashed beyond redemption. smh
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Ikpongiton: 7:11pm On May 13, 2018
kingsclass:
[color=#006600][/color]. The road to hell is very wide while the road to heaven is narrow.
it is also a wise decision not to follow the multitude and do the wrong
Re: U.S. Embassy In Jerusalem Opens Monday by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 13, 2018
silastemplar:
all this talk about prophecy can you or someone enlighten me please on what prophecy you are referring to?

Don't be a lazy yoot. Go and study the Bible and you will see it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trump Doesn't Want To Debate Ahead Of The 2024 US Presidential Election / Mass Shooting In Las Vegas Concert / Protest In El Salvador As Bitcon Crashes After Government Makes It Legal Tender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.