Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum (21057 Views)

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? / Happy Mothers' Day / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by petitejolie(f): 11:36pm On May 13, 2018
She brought moringa seeds she preached abt it o we still did not chew
She brought moringa leave and cooked preach ooooooo we still no drink
She brought moringa powder she preached ooooooo we did not take it
We noticed d powder finished so fast she had bought a second, third and fourth batch of it ND we asked mummy why is ur moringa powder finishing fast re u dashing it and she answered what do u think I've mixing in u people's food all dis while. From den on like play like play her moringa powder use to grow wings ND disappear. We cannot com and be eating poo

12 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by lilyheaven: 11:36pm On May 13, 2018
Kxngstein:
I remember when mom got me angry and then said "you are frowning, you're not even fine" I just started laughing.

My mom is the real wonder woman jor. Happy mother's day to mothers on here.
grin grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by ngwababe(f): 11:43pm On May 13, 2018
I dare not bring friends home, cause them go hear preaching die!
E better say you chop mama food than to miss morning and night family prayers or church!
The only person that I'm sure of money from whenever I ask.
Just wanna place her on salary once im being promoted at the office!

8 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Sultty(m): 11:43pm On May 13, 2018
She sits on me cos I used to be a lil naughty then and she be like kuku kill me shocked and I'll be like mum it's u that's killing me with all ur weight. Unfortunately she passed on when I was 8 so so sad

12 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 13, 2018
Mikeyjoe:
God decided to make me motherless and they said we should not question him. No wahala. Last mother's Sunday, I called her and told her "happy mother's day". She responded " the same to you". Seriously I just wish I can see her again even if it is for 30 seconds.

This is soo cute! May she rest in eternal peace kiss

(I hope I understood your write up.. has she passed away) lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Somebodydaddy01: 11:59pm On May 13, 2018
The day she wanted to beat me and I mistakenly took the stick from her......she busted into tears and I was shocked and she was screaming that’s I was beating her ...her cloth wasn’t even touched ...na that day I know say my mama na stuborn person ...I love her sha so much

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Natilolo(m): 12:12am On May 14, 2018
I hated my mom while growing up.She taught me how to fast at KG 3. I was just 5 yrs old then. Every Saturday was my day of fasting and I always wished she forgets but she never did. She often made me to memorize chapters of the Bible and recite them to her before breaking my fast. She never tolerated laziness from me and today when people who admire my life seek to know my secret, I boldly tell them, "My mom,she was ready to be hated by me in order to do the right thing" I published my first magazine in SS1 and she moved from one place to another marketing it proudly. I love her so much and am always thankful to her for all the dealings.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by charlesazeh(m): 12:24am On May 14, 2018
ReneeNuttall:

Sis u wee not understand o,my dad is dragging my right hand mom is dragging my left.I tire jor. cheesy
just de run d ones ur power reach no mata how small.. I wish mine were alive to see what I have become..I have enough for them but them no de to chop am

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by charlesazeh(m): 12:29am On May 14, 2018
Mine was a day she sent me on an errand and I saw kids playing ball so I joined.. I came back late while she was cooking stew out of anger she hit me the spoon not knowing the new big spoon was very sharp..cut my elbow the she began to cry..saying she was sorry...then i cried along with her..sleep well mom and dad...love u both always.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Pidginwhisper: 12:30am On May 14, 2018
Mslovelystar:
huh shocked shocked that's so fast cheesy
I have to act fast i don't want to miss out
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by lilyheaven: 12:31am On May 14, 2018
Adegbenro7643:
My mother (as fondly called Maami) told me I was just 4 months old when she had to leave my father's
house due to polygamous quarrels. I'm the last
born of my mother. She really had to struggle to
bring us up to the best of her ability. If she had
not left to ensure my safety, the fury of a
polygamous home might have sent me back to
the underworld. So, I felt no paternal care at
early childhood. You know those moments when
you eagerly hope your daddy arrives soon at
nights so you can play with him & sleep amidst
your parents. Just a parent I had then. Whenever
any of my mother's male relatives visited, 'is this
my father?' I would ask Maami, then my elder
siblings would be making jest of me because
they knew our father well, but I didn't! I later
knew him though & he appeared to be very nice
& caring too. I must be sincere, he's worth
sharing from the glory of the Father's Day too.
I'm sure he'd do more if he's capable. I now
realized he had to stay away for few years (of
my life) to let peace reign. Dad hardly raised his
hands against the children unlike Maami who
would give you punishments & beat the hell out
of you in the midnight hours . And then at early
hour of the day (like 5am), she would seat you
down and talk sense into your skull. It's that
moment you would prefer beatings to disciplinary
talks . Thank God she's able to nurture us well.
Meanwhile, it was like hell seeing her going
through pains of hustling. If I start to mention all
she had to do because of children, there would
be no space left on this thread.
Thank you, ma! May your days on earth be long
so that you can eat the fruits of all your labour.

I doubt she's ever funny,,,,,lol,,,,MAAMI!
God bless her real good.

5 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by charlesazeh(m): 12:32am On May 14, 2018
lilyheaven:

God bless her real good.

Amen
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Nobody: 12:51am On May 14, 2018
Most has been said here and I will make her proud In Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by lilyheaven: 1:06am On May 14, 2018
NextGovernor:
Sometime I do feel for people who take out sometin out of their earnings to send to parent. My parents still feel I am not comfortable and still send me upkeep even when working. I earn alot of money and the thing go disappear before month end self. I earn 1.2mil monthly and believe some people can't consume that even in 6 months but I lavish it our b4 a month. I believe it was d way I was raised. Eveything, I mean everything was available for me so living that life after school is really affecting me now and I can't do without it.

I don't know how to cook, wash dishes, clothes and all domestic works. And this consume my money alot employing people doing it.

One tin I know is my children will live well but will never be pampered like my parents did to me.

I jist need help on how to live minimal live style.

You can do it, is just been able to adjust.
I know you live in a big house too, but how can you clean a big house alone, it will be hectic for you. You can move into two bedroom flat.
You can lean how to cook using Google.
You can wash ur clothes with washing machine,
You can iron as much as you can on your free time.
Last last last.
Marry a wife that is not materialistic.
You will see her spending less than 50k in a month.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by lilyheaven: 1:11am On May 14, 2018
Natilolo:
I hated my mom while growing up.She taught me how to fast at KG 3. I was just 5 yrs old then. Every Saturday was my day of fasting and I always wished she forgets but she never did. She often made me to memorize chapters of the Bible and recite them to her before breaking my fast. She never tolerated laziness from me and today when people who admire my life seek to know my secret, I boldly tell them, "My mom,she was ready to be hated by me in order to do the right thing" I published my first magazine in SS1 and she moved from one place to another marketing it proudly. I love her so much and am always thankful to her for all the dealings.
Your mum is a wonderful Woman.
God please I need to be a great mother, please help me Lord.

4 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by ooluwasinzu(m): 2:16am On May 14, 2018
well, we were both discussing cars, I mentioned there is a car named evil spirit. her reaction was epic. "God will not let us buy that kind of car" with that Olorun maje stance

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Nobody: 2:59am On May 14, 2018
NextGovernor:
Sometime I do feel for people who take out sometin out of their earnings to send to parent. My parents still feel I am not comfortable and still send me upkeep even when working. I earn alot of money and the thing go disappear before month end self. I earn 1.2mil monthly and believe some people can't consume that even in 6 months but I lavish it our b4 a month. I believe it was d way I was raised. Eveything, I mean everything was available for me so living that life after school is really affecting me now and I can't do without it.

I don't know how to cook, wash dishes, clothes and all domestic works. And this consume my money alot employing people doing it.

One tin I know is my children will live well but will never be pampered like my parents did to me.

it is very easy to live a minimal live style, if you are determined to discipline your self.. I mean discipline your self.
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by XaintJoel20: 3:00am On May 14, 2018
NextGovernor:

Honestly you really need help. You need to change your circle of friends and adjust some of your "irrelevant" financial demands. Let me be candid with you, if you continue like this, you may die a wretched man. I have seen former senior CBN and NNPC staff who earned 6 digits salaries and more ending up as tenants and struggling to pay rentage. My friend I do not want you to end up like that, that's why I am taking the pain to beg you to adjust. #Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by cassyrooy(m): 3:06am On May 14, 2018
I celebrate two 'moms'.

First, my mom, she's everything I knew as a parent and I never asked about my pops cos for once the questions never crossed my mind due to her abilities to provide for 5 children (for 2decades).

She gives her advises in parables, and she's a decent disciplinarian. She could have been a good sprinter cos she runs and maintained this athletic physique all ages.

When I started having female friends from school over, she also was 'Chindu' for 'Chinedu', "if you impregnate any of them, bring them o, I'm still strong to carry them, provided you can hustle for their upkeep". And each time I get the message.

Every night, I still want to see her face after not seeing her for 43months now. (RIP Onyehuruchianya, the strongest human I ever knew, ASNF).

She was my close friend too.

Second, my elder sister. We've been friends all my life, she knows some things about myself that I sometimes forget to acknowledge.

We've only disagreed only once leading to a long quarrel (2012), she's a born leader.

If we reincarnate, I don't mind having her as my wife cos of her stubbornness, strong will, intelligence and vision.

Kayler, you'll continue to laugh until you get tired and you'll come to see that you've lived the best on earth, and heavens will be kind to you too.

MissJoy29 come talk about momcy o.

11 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by JohnQueen(m): 5:47am On May 14, 2018
At the time it wasn't funny buh it is looking back now. I think I was around 8 and it was this one time I was crying for oatmeal and after getting fed up with my tantrums, mum made a large bowl of the oatmeal, sat on a corner with a cane and told me to go ahead and finish it all. Long story short, I hated oatmeal until few years back.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by somto10: 6:01am On May 14, 2018
when u Bleep up or commit one thing 4 hauz and she tells u "no meat 4 u throughout this week....... I go jus laf cuz I sabi way to d kitchen grin
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Crixina(f): 6:03am On May 14, 2018
trustyshoess:
The day she called me on the phone to ask my why I decided to disgrace myself and her on WhatsApp. I asked what she meant, and she was referring to my dp, just because I had a filter with cat ears and whiskers. Then she demanded that I change it grin grin

Gotta love mums. They're the best
Thank God for that woman.

It still beats me why people use that thing.
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by SUNDICOS(m): 6:07am On May 14, 2018
decatalyst:
For those that came to read comments, both the lies and the truthful ones, get in here.

Cold beer is available for all.
I dey hear you, Father Christmas
Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Crixina(f): 6:09am On May 14, 2018
She called me yesterday and teased like
"Did you get an invite to the Royal wedding on the 19th of May, I heard all those born on the 19th of May are invited".

I just smiled, cos I knew it was just her way of subtly telling me she's aware my birthday is coming up, thus trying to make it seem special by linking it to the Royal wedding.

8 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by 1x2x3: 6:32am On May 14, 2018
So we got talking on the phone for over 20mins mum will be like na you call me or na me call you? Either of the answer is a setup.....mummy you called me!! Ewooo my credit is finished oo recharge the phone for me. Then if I say "Mummy I'm the one who called" she will be like.. You get enough credit oo oya send some for me. grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Tukor32: 7:06am On May 14, 2018
continue to rest in peace sweet mum..happy mothers day

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by ashjay001(m): 7:31am On May 14, 2018
That Iya Gbenga, can call for Africa.grin
Mum:.I just say, make I hear ur voiceshocked
Me: But, u heard it yesterday na?

I got lost, when I was little, in her village. She found me n started smacking me fagrin Both were crying.

She can spin omorogun n igbako, like kilodeshocked
She suppose be "pitcher", always gets d right spot!grin

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by cassyrooy(m): 7:35am On May 14, 2018
1x2x3:
So we got talking on the phone for over 20mins mum will be like na you call me or na me call you? Either of the answer is a setup.....mummy you called me!! Ewooo my credit is finished oo recharge the phone for me. Then if I say "Mummy I'm the one who called" she will be like.. You get enough credit oo oya send some for me. grin
Smart woman. smiley All the best to your mom, and all other women for their impeccably marvelous job with raising grown men from toddlers.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum by Eleganza33(f): 8:05am On May 14, 2018
NextGovernor:

nnukwa you really need help,help ur self,make a list of what u spend on each mnth try nd cut dwn d unwantd ones,lastly go nd marry bt make sure its nt a slay queen dat wil add more wahala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Is Not Romantic. What Should I Do? / 4 Things To Do After You Are Engaged To Him (Advice For Ladies) / How To Handle A Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.