Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,436 members, 7,801,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup (60649 Views)

Gernot Rohr Releases List Of Super Eagles Players For World Cup Qualifiers / AFCON 2019: Rohr Releases 23-man Squad List Against Seychelles / Gernot Rohr Releases Eagles' Squad For Nigeria Vs Zambia Match (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by micodon(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2018
Maniche44:
Happy for simy nwankwo, that guy is in form of his life in italy, i av been following him
h

Oshey! Apostle John
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by starstunna1313(m): 7:26pm On May 14, 2018
idris4eva:
your cousin ke

Bros

Oga I don't live on lies.. Thank you
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Walelavender(m): 7:26pm On May 14, 2018
Not unexpected. The team should gel well. So painful Onyekuru couldn't make the team list due to injury.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by thatigboman: 7:29pm On May 14, 2018
sprints1:
that goalkeeping department will ruin us...but as football guy I still like coaches to take a fully experienced striker to the world cup...somebody like martins should be selected...the team has energy...am not sure of ighalo too
u are spot on. Goalkeeping dept will be our undoing
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Walelavender(m): 7:29pm On May 14, 2018
femsim:
Imagine, no single home based player....we won't get anywia if we ain't embracing ours
Junior Lokoso of Lobi stars, is on the provisional list. He's on fire in the NPFL.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Afobear: 7:30pm On May 14, 2018
starstunna1313:

Buy casket and be preparing for burial because it means your death is at the corner.. His God pass you and your family... Na shameful death dey await you. Bad belle
I will bookmark this so when I ensure it ,I will gladly buy you a golden casket to bury you
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by adioolayi(m): 7:31pm On May 14, 2018
ofuonyebi:

Where is our greatest & most reliable goal-keeper....vincent Eyinama?...i see comprise & danger ahead....hope it will not be a matter of goalkeeper

wahala at last?...a case of 2-0..., 3-0..., & even 4-0...and welcome back home at last?...the goalkeeper is very critical...no need to play politics..o!
When was the last time Enyeama played competitive match
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by karkinase(m): 7:31pm On May 14, 2018
All this ones r just going to mark register and for the benefits thereof cos virtually 70% of the players called have their club in the bottom 10 of their respective leagues. Highest they can do is to shock us, of which I strongly doubt. shocked
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by adioolayi(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2018
femsim:
Imagine, no single home based player....we won't get anywia if we ain't embracing ours
Ezenwa, Ajiboye and NPFL highest goal scorer, Junior Lokosa all on the list
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by senatorshegsy5: 7:34pm On May 14, 2018
GUY U SPOKE UR MIND AND I LUV DAT.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by adioolayi(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2018
karkinase:
All this ones r just going to mark register and for the benefits thereof cos virtually 70% of the players called have their club in the bottom 10 of their respective leagues. Highest they can do is to shock us, of which I strongly doubt. shocked
Football sometimes doesnt need individual brilliance, Cohesiveness and tactical discipline most times win matches....2014 Germany Team, Iceland team of last Euro, Nigeria Atlanta '96 and Levante Team that destroy Barcelona yesterday comes to mind..

This present Eagles qualified ahead of Zambia, Algeria and Cameroon...My brother, something dey this team as a TEAM

5 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by ahamonyeka(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2018
vizkiz:
Abeg.... When world cup go start?
tomorrow
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Saintsquare(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2018
sprints1:
that goalkeeping department will ruin us...but as football guy I still like coaches to take a fully experienced striker to the world cup...somebody like martins should be selected...the team has energy...am not sure of ighalo too
martins injured
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by ikorodureporta: 7:39pm On May 14, 2018
Lokosa & Ezenwa.... Na wa, so we no get good home based players again
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by thedio(m): 7:41pm On May 14, 2018
vizkiz:
Abeg.... When world cup go start?

Yesterday

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by VellyG(m): 7:42pm On May 14, 2018
We are going to the world cup with an inexperienced goal keeper ... I wont expect much
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 14, 2018
angry angry JUST 3 YORUBA NAMES ON THE LIST... TRIBALISM
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by ezegenigbonine: 7:44pm On May 14, 2018
GreenMavro:
grin

Junior Makosa angry angry

Is makosa a Nigerian name.
Maybe he is from BAKASSI, the ppl they shares boundary with Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by sexdoll: 7:44pm On May 14, 2018
first round
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Ikpongiton: 7:45pm On May 14, 2018
where is that boy [right full back] that wore #17 jersey against argentina.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 14, 2018
LaCruzz:
As if they will bring home the cup,mtcheww angry angry angry

Are they bringing it for you? Onwuwa undecided

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by holuwamosey(m): 7:48pm On May 14, 2018
hendyrills:
the 3 are average players... the rest r below average

As if u can kick common stone

2 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by OChimex: 7:51pm On May 14, 2018
Not even a single exceptional footballer among them. The caption should really read "30 comedians who want to go try their luck." Sometimes I sit down and ask myself, what is really wrong with African footballers? Don't these bunch of mediocre aspire for greatness, working so hard like Kante, messy, Ronaldo, MoSalah etc?
I understand that their only motivation is to claim to be footballers with stupid awful hairstyles like that of a madman, driving around streets in this shithole stupid fairly used cars, that's all. For over twenty years now most of them have been playing football, yet, see the stupid clubs they go pack themselves.
Don't these comedians get envious when they see others break and set records and receive awards?
When will Nigeria get a squad like the 1994 guys who were talented, hard working, ambitious and devoted so hungry for greatness?

I bet you these comedians can't beat any team in the world cup, unless if the team is made up of disables.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by enonche85(m): 7:51pm On May 14, 2018
AmazonTopaz:
If we get to the quarter finals even if we didn't get to the semi finals.
I would personally assume we have won the world cup. smiley

My own is we shud just beat Argentina n cross group stage and I will be satisfied!.

2 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by empytee: 7:52pm On May 14, 2018
God bless Nigeria.... Kudos Coach..
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Smarkie: 7:54pm On May 14, 2018
na this squad we go take play argentina and croatia
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Ikpongiton: 7:55pm On May 14, 2018
karkinase:
abeg leave them alone,they are still better than dangote .
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Seun360(m): 7:56pm On May 14, 2018
Earthbound:
Make una enjoy group stages, come back house, quick abeg.

Baba, tell them o cos i don't even know what's giving their fans confidence with these mediocre players.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by wakes: 7:56pm On May 14, 2018
Wow!
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Harrynight(m): 7:58pm On May 14, 2018
timilehin007:
Prooudly afonja but let's know and agree that we as tribe in Nigeria have a specific place we are very good at...no gain saying. ..ipob are representing wella...the few afonjas there are like phyno nd the rest few ipob in the music industry...

Yorubas doing Nigerian proud in entertainment industry whist igbos are giving Nigerian the much needed exposure all over...

While the hausas...I swear to God I don't know what to say concerning them. ..I'm terribly sorry no hard feelings please

No idiot fit argue this one with u

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Misterdhee1(m): 7:58pm On May 14, 2018
I wonder who among those listed as forwards can take on the huge responsibility of scoring goals

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Coolbadguy: 7:58pm On May 14, 2018
ackim:
Musa, 27 others in Nigeria’s provisional list

Technical Adviser Gernot Rohr has named Captain Mikel John Obi, goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa, defenders Abdullahi Shehu, Elderson Echiejile and Leon Balogun, as well as midfielders Ogenyi Onazi and Oghenekaro Etebo and forwards Ahmed Musa and Victor Moses in Nigeria’s 30-man provisional list for the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup finals.

The list also includes Spain –based goalkeeper Francis Uzoho, defenders William Ekong, Kenneth Omeruo and Olaoluwa Aina, midfielders Wilfred Ndidi, Joel Obi and John Ogu and forwards Kelechi Iheanacho, Moses Simon and Alex Iwobi.

Chelsea wingback Moses was Nigeria’s top scorer in the qualifying campaign with three goals, while Captain Mikel Obi, Iwobi, Simon and Iheanacho weighed in with two goals each.

All invited players have been told to report at the Le Meridien Hotel and Golf Resort, Uyo on Monday, 21st May. Uyo, as home ground, was the conquering terrain for the Super Eagles during the qualifying series.

Goalkeepers: Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Enyimba FC); Francis Uzoho (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain); Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa); Dele Ajiboye (Plateau United)

Defenders: Abdullahi Shehu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey); Tyronne Ebuehi (Ado Den Haag, The Netherlands); Olaoluwa Aina (Hull City, England); Elderson Echiejile (Cercle Brugge KSV, Belgium); Brian Idowu (Amkar Perm, Russia); Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes FC, France); William Ekong (Bursaspor FC, Turkey); Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05, Germany); Kenneth Omeruo (Kasimpasa FC, Turkey); Stephen Eze (Lokomotiv Plovdiv, Bulgaria)

Midfielders: Mikel John Obi (Tianjin Teda, China); Ogenyi Onazi (Trabzonspor FC, Turkey); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Oghenekaro Etebo (UD Las Palmas, Spain); John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel); Uche Agbo (Standard Liege, Belgium); Joel Obi (Torino FC, Italy); Mikel Agu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England); Odion Ighalo (Changchun Yatai, China); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Nwankwo Simeon (Crotone FC, Italy); Junior Lokosa (Kano Pillars)

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/05/rohr-names-mikel-moses-musa-27-others.html?m=1

Instead of Nigerians to wish them well, they are praying for their down fall and if they don't do well, they will be the one to complain that they are not good, let me tell you people it is what you wish your self that's what you will get... For me i wish the Super Eagles of Nigeria success in this 2018 world cup.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obinna Nsofor And His Girlfriend Are Expecting A Baby (Photos) / South Africans Hail Chukwueze, Ndidi / Angry Ronaldo Leaves Juve Stadium After Being Substituted In 55th Minute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.