Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup (60658 Views)

Gernot Rohr Releases List Of Super Eagles Players For World Cup Qualifiers / AFCON 2019: Rohr Releases 23-man Squad List Against Seychelles / Gernot Rohr Releases Eagles' Squad For Nigeria Vs Zambia Match (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Seun360(m): 8:03pm On May 14, 2018
Maniche44:
Happy for simy nwankwo, that guy is in form of his life in italy, i av been following him

Happy for him. i do appreciate his goal against Lazio.

His contribution to keeping our #UCL hope alive.

#FCIM.

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Akiika: 8:03pm On May 14, 2018
Just one home based player? When will our local league develop?
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Seun360(m): 8:04pm On May 14, 2018
Akiika:
Just one home based player? When will our local league develop?

2 though, Ajiboye and Lokosa.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by lozanni(m): 8:06pm On May 14, 2018
GreenMavro:
grin

Junior Makosa angry angry

grin grin grin

Junior Lokosa, you mean. Where is the guy from? It sounds like a Central African name like Makosa.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Coolbadguy: 8:06pm On May 14, 2018
OChimex:
Not even a single exceptional footballer among them. The caption should really read "30 comedians who want to go try their luck." Sometimes I sit down and ask myself, what is really wrong with African footballers? Don't these bunch of mediocre aspire for greatness, working so hard like Kante, messy, Ronaldo, MoSalah etc?
I understand that their only motivation is to claim to be footballers with stupid awful hairstyles like that of a madman, driving around streets in this shithole stupid fairly used cars, that's all. For over twenty years now most of them have been playing football, yet, see the stupid clubs they go pack themselves.
Don't these comedians get envious when they see others break and set records and receive awards?
When will Nigeria get a squad like the 1994 guys who were talented, hard working, ambitious and devoted so hungry for greatness?

I bet you these comedians can't beat any team in the world cup, unless if the team is made up of disables.

You can't even wish them success and you want people to wish you success, it is what you wish someone that's what you will get in return, so please wish them good if you also want success in life and learn how to appreciate someone no matter how big or small the person looks like because you are not God.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by femi4: 8:12pm On May 14, 2018
Allylic:
I pray Joel obi wouldn't have lost his present form by then
Hope he doesn't do foul throw in again
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by engrjacuzzi: 8:13pm On May 14, 2018
the list just seems like APC gubernatorial aspirants for 2019 Election. secondly, thank God that no Miracle, or Tobi of BBN contestant on that list. I hope there are no lazy youth in that team like bakayoko. lastly, most of the invited Eagles players are bench warmer
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 14, 2018
GreenMavro:
grin

Junior Makosa angry angry

Guy, you no well aswear.
You got me lol at work
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by adisabarber(m): 8:14pm On May 14, 2018
Sarang:
Russia here we come! grin

You get sense. No be like most of the foolish guys wey comment before you

2 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Putin1(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2018
timilehin007:
Prooudly afonja but let's know and agree that we as tribe in Nigeria have a specific place we are very good at...no gain saying. ..ipob are representing wella...the few afonjas there are like phyno nd the rest few ipob in the music industry...

Yorubas doing Nigerian proud in entertainment industry whist igbos are giving Nigerian the much needed exposure all over...

While the hausas...I swear to God I don't know what to say concerning them. ..I'm terribly sorry no hard feelings please
hahahahahha easy abeg
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by WizzPoll: 8:24pm On May 14, 2018
Gernot Rohr is a very serious minded man, I like his list. Only those who have not been following Nigerian footballers closely will expect any other names. This list represent the best we have at this moment based on Merit.

I am sure Rohr knows confirmed 20 names in that list, there only very few minor alterations

Simy Nwankwo is in the 23 and on the plane to Russia, Him and Ighalo will bear the number 9 responsibilities
Iheanacho is improving in number 10 position and could be a good substitute for Mikel in the position depending on the opponent

Ezenwa or Ajiboye, 1 of those two will make up the 3 goalkeepers
Akpeyi is still a good keeper, he plays every week for chippa utd and will make that 23 list

Stephen Eze is a good invite but if all other Central defenders are fit he will lose out
Omeruo is our only experienced world cup center back and he is young, Omeruo is in our 23
If Awaziem does not stop doing fine boy and get serious Uche Henry Agbo will take his place in defence

Echiejile's position is at risk and at some point Rohr will choose between Aina or Echiejile; except injury keeps Ebuehi out

Mikel Agu can forget the world cup, he is not in the 23. The final choice and the hardest decision Rohr will have to make is choosing between Joel Obi and John Ogu. Except injury rules out Etebo or Ndidi; Rohr will have to drop one off Joel Obi or John Ogu

Junior Lokosa can enjoy his time in the Limelight but except we get incredibly unlucky with Injury he is not going to Russia. He may have a fantastic record in the NPFL but I have watched his videos and dont think he will be able to trap ball at the world cup. Lokosa is going no where!

Those for me guaranteed to be dropped if all are fit are: Ajiboye, Stephen Eze, Mikel Agu, Lokosa, Uche Agbo + 2 others

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Focusmind: 8:27pm On May 14, 2018
timilehin007:
Prooudly afonja but let's know and agree that we as tribe in Nigeria have a specific place we are very good at...no gain saying. ..ipob are representing wella...the few afonjas there are like phyno nd the rest few ipob in the music industry...

Yorubas doing Nigerian proud in entertainment industry whist igbos are giving Nigerian the much needed exposure all over...

While the hausas...I swear to God I don't know what to say concerning them. ..I'm terribly sorry no hard feelings please

Stop being tribalistic! Young generations of this country seems more tribalistic than the older generation

2 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Talknochip(m): 8:30pm On May 14, 2018
Watchout for Brian Idowu!

3 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by timilehin007(m): 8:36pm On May 14, 2018
Focusmind:

Stop being tribalistic! Young generations of this country seems more tribalistic than the older generation

How do u mean...pls if u are hausa just tell us what u people are good at or what good exposure are u giving Nigerian. If I'm tribalistic I'd say u people are instead exposing Nigeria for the wrong and negative reasons..let me not start mentioning your contributions, yu know them yourself

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by timilehin007(m): 8:37pm On May 14, 2018
Putin1:
hahahahahha easy abeg
...wetin i do bros. .
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 14, 2018
I hear FIFA will be paying out $209 Million to clubs with Player representation at this World Cup an increase from $70 Million from 2014. I really hope Kano Pillars, Plateau United and Enyimba gets a share of this money since their players might be representing Nigeria at the world cup.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by futurism: 8:41pm On May 14, 2018
Earthbound:
Make una enjoy group stages, come back house, quick abeg.
lwkmd... bros why nau
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Allylic(f): 8:43pm On May 14, 2018
femi4:
Hope he doesn't do foul throw in again
grin grin
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by timilehin007(m): 8:45pm On May 14, 2018
Harrynight:

No idiot fit argue this one with u
Na so e be nah bros...na ibos just get for Nigeria abeg...the best players we get now na either ibos or Nigeria deltas...iwobi ihenacho ighalo moses...almost all the keepers..in fact 90% of the teams na them...without ibos naijas 4dey on par with Angola Zambia Togo and the likes...
Just like yorubas are to music ibos are to soccer
2 cut 4

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by jamboloun: 8:58pm On May 14, 2018
timilehin007:

Yorubas doing Nigerian proud in entertainment industry whist igbos are giving Nigerian the much needed exposure all over with it comes to SOCCER..

the hausas dominate the military dont forget oo
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by yommen: 8:59pm On May 14, 2018
Earthbound:

I hate hopeless and pessimistic people like you.

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 9:02pm On May 14, 2018
jayon:
angry angry JUST 3 YORUBA NAMES ON THE LIST... TRIBALISM
I saw one.... The German Balogun
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2018
timilehin007:

Na so e be nah bros...na ibos just get for Nigeria abeg...the best players we get now na either ibos or Nigeria deltas...iwobi ihenacho ighalo moses...almost all the keepers..in fact 90% of the teams na them...without ibos naijas 4dey on par with Angola Zambia Togo and the likes...
Just like yorubas are to music ibos are to soccer
2 cut 4
Word

1 Like

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by buskie13(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2018
owomida1:
Onazi?

This guy can't play anything. Him and Joel Obi should not represent us, please. They are not good at all.
Onazi is good ,but that Joel Obi is who I dislike the most, that guy is as heavy as 3 bags of cement ,can't give an accurate pass ,always fouling players and sweating like a he goat

2 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:05pm On May 14, 2018
Chaii! This squad looks good, I just wish they make it, abeg let Croatia and Iceland carry their wahala go oo!
Goodluck Nig

2 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by timilehin007(m): 9:06pm On May 14, 2018
jamboloun:
the hausas dominate the military dont forget oo
Ok if u say so o...but this doesn't correlate with what I'm insinuating here...dominating the military could be an achievement but it's internal. ..beside, our military to the world is shit...they are painting us very bad to the world..
Soccer and music are both entertainment...that's what I'm trying to pinpoint Bro

2 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by timilehin007(m): 9:10pm On May 14, 2018
Emperormartin:

I saw one.... The German Balogun

Forget those are the best players we can produce now. ..nothing like tribalism..shey our na from Anambra he come from..? Let's just wish them well abeg..na ibos get soccer for naija..when yorubas were winning all the headies award did u shout tribalism? That's what dey are good at pls...

3 Likes

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by LZAA: 9:11pm On May 14, 2018
timilehin007:

Yorubas doing Nigerian proud in entertainment industry whist igbos are giving Nigerian the much needed exposure all over with it comes to SOCCER..

bamoski and Roger3D wee not like this grin

Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by oluwatodimu1(m): 9:12pm On May 14, 2018
Me am tired of always using calculator to calculate points for in the grp stages; am watching each as a football and i wont b surprised that even iceland may flog us @d grp state...mercilessly
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Josh44s(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2018
Earthbound:

Well said bro. Just look at the weak and useless club most of them are playing for.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by owomida1: 9:17pm On May 14, 2018
buskie13:
Onazi is good ,but that Joel Obi is who I dislike the most, that guy is as heavy as 3 bags of cement ,can't give an accurate pass ,always fouling players and sweating like a he goat

above all he is ugly.
Re: Rohr Releases 30-Man List For World Cup by Emperormartin(m): 9:17pm On May 14, 2018
WizzPoll:
Gernot Rohr is a very serious minded man, I like his list. Only those who have not been following Nigerian footballers closely will expect any other names. This list represent the best we have at this moment based on Merit.

I am sure Rohr knows confirmed 20 names in that list, there only very few minor alterations

Simy Nwankwo is in the 23 and on the plane to Russia, Him and Ighalo will bear the number 9 responsibilities
Iheanacho is improving in number 10 position and could be a good substitute for Mikel in the position depending on the opponent

Ezenwa or Ajiboye, 1 of those two will make up the 3 goalkeepers
Akpeyi is still a good keeper, he plays every week for chippa utd and will make that 23 list

Stephen Eze is a good invite but if all other Central defenders are fit he will lose out
Omeruo is our only experienced world cup center back and he is young, Omeruo is in our 23
If Awaziem does not stop doing fine boy and get serious Uche Henry Agbo will take his place in defence

Echiejile's position is at risk and at some point Rohr will choose between Aina or Echiejile; except injury keeps Ebuehi out

Mikel Agu can forget the world cup, he is not in the 23. The final choice and the hardest decision Rohr will have to make is choosing between Joel Obi and John Ogu. Except injury rules out Etebo or Ndidi; Rohr will have to drop one off Joel Obi or John Ogu

Junior Lokosa can enjoy his time in the Limelight but except we get incredibly unlucky with Injury he is not going to Russia. He may have a fantastic record in the NPFL but I have watched his videos and dont think he will be able to trap ball at the world cup. Lokosa is going no where!

Those for me guaranteed to be dropped if all are fit are: Ajiboye, Stephen Eze, Mikel Agu, Lokosa, Uche Agbo + 2 others
Mikel agu is better than Joel obi based on disciplinary attitude. But I still concur with you that the midfield selection will be a headache for Rohr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South Africans Hail Chukwueze, Ndidi / Obinna Nsofor And His Girlfriend Are Expecting A Baby (Photos) / Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.