Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa (14815 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Mikel Obi, Ighalo Return For Nigeria (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by ewehh1: 10:03am On May 15, 2018
cool
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by betonnaira: 10:04am On May 15, 2018
don't forget to visit Nigeria's first social betting site

https://www.betonnaira.com
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by maestrojohn(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

See the ranking here. You will see where your language falls, not even english is being spoken like the Hausa lang.

1) Arabic
2) Kiswahili
3) Hausa
4) English
5) Amharic
6) French
7) Oromo
8.)Yoruba
9) Igbo

10) Zulu
you smoked something abstract...
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:07am On May 15, 2018
Happigirl12:
Igbo and Yoruba nko? They should have just left it with pidgin only.
remember Hausa language is the only international language in this country ... spoken in many countries

3 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AFONJACOW(m): 10:09am On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

Nope. Hausa Language is the most spoken language in west africa.
nope because 80% of
Hausa/fulani can't speak or understand English/pidgen, what's the need broadcasting it in igbo/yoruba while 90% of the populace understand English perfectly... it doesn't make sense bro... abeg aboki should enjoy the show joor, they need it more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AFONJACOW(m): 10:10am On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
remember Hausa language is the only international language in this country ... spoken in many countries

nope because 80% of
Hausa/fulani can't speak or understand English/pidgen, what's the need broadcasting it in igbo/yoruba while 90% of the populace understand English perfectly... it doesn't make sense bro... abeg aboki should enjoy the show joor, they need it more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Oritzy: 10:11am On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

See the ranking here. You will see where your language falls, not even english is being spoken like the Hausa lang.

1) Arabic
2) Kiswahili
3) Hausa
4) English
5) Amharic
6) French
7) Oromo
8.)Yoruba
9) Igbo

10) Zulu
Bros stop fooling yourself, the way you go about this thing shows how sentimental and bitter you are.
first let me school you .
Not all northerner is an Hausa speaking tribe
French is widely spoken in Africa than Hausa that is found in just few states in one or two countries
Portuguese is spoken in Two African countries you didn't even mention those languages.

Have you even left the shores of the your north at all?

People outside Nigeria can relate to Igbo and yoruba far more than Hausa

You only have mouth because the north has a big land mass counting goats and cows as human being to boost your population.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AceRoyal: 10:12am On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

1) Arabic
2) Kiswahili
3) Hausa
4) English
5) Amharic
6) French
7) Oromo
8.)Yoruba
9) Igbo

10) Zulu

Why are u lying?
1 SWAHILI. Swahili is the most spoken language in Africa, with over 100 million speakers. ...

2 AMHARIC. Amharic is the official language of Ethiopia and is the second most spoken language in the country after Oromo, with over 21 million speakers. ...

3 YORUBA. ...

4 OROMO. ...

5 HAUSA. ...

6 IGBO. ...

7 ZULU. ...

8 SHONA.

9 Arabic

10 Portuguese

https://africa-facts.org/top-10-most-spoken-languages-in-africa/
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:13am On May 15, 2018
Education is very important , some are graduates but still are not well educated , some saw hausa listed and the next thing is tribalism and hate , some of you gotta educate yourselves before embarrassing yourselves on here ... amongst all three major languages in nija , hausa is d only international language we have , many west african nations have hausa tribes.. niger rep,chad,cameroon does nt blong to west africa but this countries still have parts that speak hausa

5 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:16am On May 15, 2018
AFONJACOW:

nope because 80% of
just listen to yourself , take hate/tribalism off ur head ... u r too young for that
so the united states of america that sometimes broadcast news in spanish is cos some american do not understand english too ryt ??

3 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Oritzy: 10:17am On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
Education is very important , some are graduates but still are not well educated , some saw hausa listed and the next thing is tribalism and hate , some of you gotta educate yourselves before embarrassing yourselves on here ... amongst all three major languages in nija , hausa is d only international language we have , many west african nations have hausa tribes.. niger rep,chad,cameroon does nt blong to west africa but this countries still have parts that speak hausa
then you feel yoruba or Igbo are not tribes in some African countries??
Oga not because you are Hausa, let's stop being sentimental
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by africanusvu(m): 10:19am On May 15, 2018
Govt not telling these people the truth.helping to degrade them.this isn't good for them wallahi

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Ojuororun(m): 10:19am On May 15, 2018
hausa language ?.mtcheeewww
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by mikaelchidi: 10:19am On May 15, 2018
Nigeria should better make us proud in that world cup..If they like they should broadcast it in 1 million languages
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AFONJACOW(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
just listen to yourself , take hate/tribalism off ur head ... u r too young for that
so the united states of america that sometimes broadcast news in spanish is cos some american do not understand english too ryt ??
because they have Spanish Latinos.... gerrout of here
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:24am On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:
then you feel yoruba or Igbo are not tribes in some African countries??
Oga not because you are Hausa, let's stop being sentimental
oga list the nations here in africa that yoruba is been spoken nd also where igbo is been spoken ,am waiting
last tym i chked this are were we hv Yoruba(nigeria,togo,benin rep) ,
Igbo(nigeria, maybe equitorial guinea)
Hausa(nigeria,ghana,togo,senegal,niger rep,mali,ivory coast,chad,cameroon)
you see the numbers ? so show me where m been sentimental
just made a lil search on wiki and it will Shock u that even some parts of ethiopia ,eritrea nd sudan speak hausa
oga u see the numbers

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2018
AFONJACOW:
because they have Spanish Latinos.... gerrout of here
and the spanish latinos do not understand english right ?? oga you need education pls .... u think u tlking to an illiterate ryt

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Oritzy: 10:30am On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
oga list the nations here in africa that yoruba is been spoken nd also where igbo is been spoken ,am waiting
last tym i chked this are were we hv Yoruba(nigeria,togo,benin rep) ,
Igbo(nigeria, maybe equitorial guinea)
Hausa(nigeria,ghana,togo,senegal,niger rep,mali,ivory coast,chad,cameroon)
you see the numbers ? so show me where m been sentimental
Bros stop lying now there Are no Hausa in Togo , ivory coast and Senegal. Thoae are what am sure of and why did you ommit Sierra lone from the Yoruba list, what about guinea bissau, do you know the Gan tribe in Ghana are also Yorubas?? Have you even asked why Shattta's first name is Wale??

Am a traveller bro. Am not arguing base on what I read I am telling you what I have seen. Maybe the Hausa in Togo are the Ewe's lol

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by clive2u(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2018
Happigirl12:
We have three major languages in Nigeria. If one is used I think the other two should be used too. They are also among the most spoken languages in Africa.
other tribes have more learned (englishwise) than the abokis., leave it alone.. I wont even enjoy listening to football commentaries in any other language apart from english

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:35am On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:
Bros stop lying now there Are no Hausa in Togo , ivory coast and Senegal. Thoae are what am sure of and why did you ommit Sierra lone from the Yoruba list, what about guinea bissau, do you know the Gan tribe in Ghana are also Yorubas?? Have you even asked why Shattta's first name is Wale??
no hausa tribes in togo ?? ���, my cousin mother na hausa from togo .... so if u no knw just keep chill mk u learn ... bros clearly if u wanna tlk bout numbers of nations that speak yoruba ,hausa nd igbo , u will find out the hausa beats both by miles .... the prob b say most of u nairalanders place tribe hate in any topic that tlks bout a particular tribe.... its nt cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Talknochip(m): 10:35am On May 15, 2018
when will our govt start seeing wat d outside world is seeing?? Wen will they also start reaching out to millions in dis language dat has come to stay? Wazobia tv, Bbc pidgin, etc are really reachin out to millions!
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by umarazizz87(m): 10:36am On May 15, 2018
Not surprised anyway...Hausa is the second biggest language in Africa..

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 10:37am On May 15, 2018
lonlytroy:
Why not declare pidgin our officially language
I wonder because it is spoken Sierra Leone and it is official
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:39am On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:

Am a traveller bro. Am not arguing base on what I read I am telling you what I have seen. Maybe the Hausa in Togo are the Ewe's lol
lol u r nt a traveller oga , pls go to places like ojo,okokomaiko, ajangbadi,iba ,volks here in lagos ,if u no find malians,senegalese,togo wey b hausa i swear to transfer u 50k bfore the end of today.... well i no need argue with pesin wey i sabi sumtin pass.... u been a traveller does nt guarantee u knowing what to say on thus topic ...

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by LordNapoleon: 10:39am On May 15, 2018
Happigirl12:
Igbo and Yoruba nko? They should have just left it with pidgin only.
Most Hausa people do not understand Pidgin or English. If Buhari was asked the question in Hausa, he would have answered it correctly, he wouldn't have made the faux pas of calling Nigerian Youth lazy people

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 10:40am On May 15, 2018
Pidgin language would have being better as it is spoken more than other languages in Nigeria. Using only Hausa aside pidgin will send a bad message across.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by shaqhead: 10:40am On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:

Bros stop fooling yourself, the way you go about this thing shows how sentimental and bitter you are.
first let me school you .
Not all northerner is an Hausa speaking tribe
French is widely spoken in Africa than Hausa that is found in just few states in one or two countries
Portuguese is spoken in Two African countries you didn't even mention those languages.

Have you even left the shores of the your north at all?

People outside Nigeria can relate to Igbo and yoruba far more than Hausa

You only have mouth because the north has a big land mass counting goats and cows as human being to boost your population.
Sometimes I wonder where all this sentimentality will lead us to!
List of stations around the world
Voice of America
BBC a UK radio station,
Deutchwelle a German radio station
Radio France International
China Radio International e.tc have been broadcasting in Hausa for only-God knows how long because they recognise the spread of the Hausa Language and so you know the BBC Yoruba and Igbo broadcast only came on board this year while the Hausa service has been on since 1957

Its not just because of Nigeria but because of its African spread!

We shouldn't argue over everything when obvious facts stares us in the face!
Goodmorning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Happigirl12(f): 10:41am On May 15, 2018
madridguy:
Must you complain?

I'm not complaining, I'm stating my opinion.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AFONJACOW(m): 10:41am On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
and the spanish latinos do not understand english right ?? oga you need education pls .... u think u tlking to an illiterate ryt
until I see them broadcast With Spanish on national television like voice of America then will I believe you... as for now gerrout of here joor...
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Oritzy: 10:41am On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
lol u r nt a traveller oga , pls go to places like ojo,okokomaiko, ajangbadi,iba ,volks here in lagos ,if u no find malians,senegalese,togo wey b hausa i swear to transfer u 50k bfore the end of today.... well i no need argue with pesin wey i sabi sumtin pass.... u been a traveller does nt guarantee u knowing what to say on thus topic ...
I don't need your money Oga we are arguing constructively here. Not you trash worth of 50k . Check your Google very well and try and take a visit around these countries so you know more not arguing what you don't know in faceless forum

There is a popular saying....who no go nor know or you want an Hausa translation?? Since you people feel you own the country.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by madridguy(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2018
Keep your opinion to yourself and don't be tribalist.

Happigirl12:

I'm not complaining, I'm stating my opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by shaqhead: 10:50am On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:

"The Hausa (autonyms for singular: Bahaushe (m), Bahaushiya (f); plural: Hausawa and general: Hausa; exonyms: Ausa) are one of the largest ethnic groups in Africa. The Hausa are a diverse but culturally homogeneous people based primarily in the Sahelian and Sudanian Daura area of northern Nigeria and southeastern Niger, with significant numbers also living in parts of Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Chad, Togo, Ghana,[3] Sudan, Gabon and Senegal." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa_people

Cc: eflintstone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tunisia Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 31st Janaury 2015 / Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 / UEFA, Premier League, Top Clubs Reject European Super League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.