Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa (14814 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Mikel Obi, Ighalo Return For Nigeria (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Happigirl12(f): 10:52am On May 15, 2018
madridguy:
Keep your opinion to yourself and don't be tribalist.

There's a huge difference between stating your opinion and being a tribalist. I'm not even from any of those three and I'm the one worried about tribalism myself. Don't quote me if you have nothing better to type because my statement was not harmful in anyway.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:52am On May 15, 2018
AFONJACOW:
until I see them broadcast With Spanish on national television like voice of America then will I believe you... as for now gerrout of here joor...
i quit tlking to you ... you know nothing from this little convo ...get ursef some good education

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by jeruzi(m): 10:54am On May 15, 2018
This pathetic move must be stopped.
If we don't fight this, fulani's and hausa's will systematically and forcefully colonise the south and the entire Nigeria.
We must stop this.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 10:54am On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:
I don't need your money Oga we are arguing constructively here. Not you trash worth of 50k . Check your Google very well and try and take a visit around these countries so you know more not arguing what you don't know in faceless forum

There is a popular saying....who no go nor know or you want an Hausa translation?? Since you people feel you own the country.
i talk of pple i have communicated with and also asked questions in hausa language and you are here tlking crap ... oga park well....tribalism nd hate na em go finish some of una

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by bareal(m): 10:56am On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:
Bros stop lying now there Are no Hausa in Togo , ivory coast and Senegal. Thoae are what am sure of and why did you ommit Sierra lone from the Yoruba list, what about guinea bissau, do you know the Gan tribe in Ghana are also Yorubas?? Have you even asked why Shattta's first name is Wale??

Am a traveller bro. Am not arguing base on what I read I am telling you what I have seen. Maybe the Hausa in Togo are the Ewe's lol

Yoruba is even spoken outside Africa, Brazil to be precise.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by MDsambo: 10:59am On May 15, 2018
AFONJACOW:
nope because 80% of
Hausa/fulani can't speak or understand English/pidgen, what's the need broadcasting it in igbo/yoruba while 90% of the populace understand English perfectly... it doesn't make sense bro... abeg aboki should enjoy the show joor, they need it more

Does'nt that make your mother's tongues useless?

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by senatordave1(m): 11:07am On May 15, 2018
AceRoyal:

Why are u lying?
1 SWAHILI. Swahili is the most spoken language in Africa, with over 100 million speakers. ...

2 AMHARIC. Amharic is the official language of Ethiopia and is the second most spoken language in the country after Oromo, with over 21 million speakers. ...

3 YORUBA. ...

4 OROMO. ...

5 HAUSA. ...

6 IGBO. ...

7 ZULU. ...

8 SHONA.

9 Arabic

10 Portuguese

https://africa-facts.org/top-10-most-spoken-languages-in-africa/
Your an ace liar.so you mean the bbc and voa that introduced hausa service before later introducing the other languages dont know what there doing abi? Even online,all hausa is ranked higher than your ibo and yoruba.in nigeria,aparr from the southwest parts of kwara and kogi,where else is yoruba spoken? Aparr from the southeast and delta and rivers,where else is ibo spoken in tge world? Hausa is spoken in almost all the states in the north except kwara state.even non hausa states like kogi,plateau,taraba,borno speak hausa.even a lot of benue people speak hausa.infact hausa is more spoken in tge north than english.apart from tog and benin,where else is yoruba spoken? The largest etgnicity in niger is hausa,a lot of people in mali and ghana,upper volta speak hausa.so stop your hateful lies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by senatordave1(m): 11:10am On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
i talk of pple i have communicated with and also asked questions in hausa language and you are here tlking crap ... oga park well....tribalism nd hate na em go finish some of una
Dont mind the guy.even here in south south,you will encounter more hausa speakers than yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 11:11am On May 15, 2018
Oritzy:
Bros stop lying now there Are no Hausa in Togo , ivory coast and Senegal. Thoae are what am sure of and why did you ommit Sierra lone from the Yoruba list, what about guinea bissau, do you know the Gan tribe in Ghana are also Yorubas?? Have you even asked why Shattta's first name is Wale??

Am a traveller bro. Am not arguing base on what I read I am telling you what I have seen. Maybe the Hausa in Togo are the Ewe's lol

oga traveller , here is a wiki link where benin rep nd togo was mentioned a where yoruba is spoken but i could nt find ur sierra leone nd guinea bissau u added ,pls visit this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_language
somethings some of you just have to learn and stop forming strong headed, hate/tribalism takes u no where
be open to learn ..tnks

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AceRoyal: 11:12am On May 15, 2018
senatordave1:

Your an ace liar.so you mean the bbc and voa that introduced hausa service before later introducing the other languages dont know what there doing abi? Even online,all hausa is ranked higher than your ibo and yoruba.in nigeria,aparr from the southwest parts of kwara and kogi,where else is yoruba spoken? Aparr from the southeast and delta and rivers,where else is ibo spoken in tge world? Hausa is spoken in almost all the states in the north except kwara state.even non hausa states like kogi,plateau,taraba,borno speak hausa.even a lot of benue people speak hausa.infact hausa is more spoken in tge north than english.apart from tog and benin,where else is yoruba spoken? The largest etgnicity in niger is hausa,a lot of people in mali and ghana,upper volta speak hausa.so stop your hateful lies.

I dropped a link to back up my assertion, Pls kindly provide yours.
Thanks.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2018
senatordave1:

Dont mind the guy.even here in south south,you will encounter more hausa speakers than yorubas.
bros tnks o , even here in nija i think hausa is the second most spoken language after english ,
many just talk without having good evidence to back up there talks, some even lie forgetting we have the internet to clearly know dey are liars
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by EazyMoh(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2018
Lol! You guys trying to educate this bigoted and ignorant village people who have no sense of cultural pride, identity nor history, who have never built beyond a small thatch huts roaming naked, cannibalising each other and killing their twin babies.... These people are hopeless they relegated their mother tongue, culture names and religion just less than 200 years ago to embrace the whiteman's everything. They are now filled with hate, envy and jealousy whenever they see a northerner rocking traditional attire the whitemen came and met us with, they are irritated whenever they hear people speak Hausa or it given any recognition because it point to one clear fact that their mother tongue isn't that spoken wide enough to deserve such recognition....
The best thing you can do gloat and enjoy as you watch them languish in self induced anger and sadness over what they can't zilch about!
*tongue out!*

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AnanseK(m): 11:23am On May 15, 2018
Happigirl12:
We have three major languages in Nigeria. If one is used I think the other two should be used too. They are also among the most spoken languages in Africa.

There is only one major language.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by EazyMoh(m): 11:24am On May 15, 2018
AceRoyal:

Why are u lying?
1 SWAHILI. Swahili is the most spoken language in Africa, with over 100 million speakers. ...

2 AMHARIC. Amharic is the official language of Ethiopia and is the second most spoken language in the country after Oromo, with over 21 million speakers. ...

3 YORUBA. ...

4 OROMO. ...

5 HAUSA. ...

6 IGBO. ...

7 ZULU. ...

8 SHONA.

9 Arabic

10 Portuguese

https://africa-facts.org/top-10-most-spoken-languages-in-africa/
So if Swahili was number one because it had 100million speakers, how come Arabic is at far no. 9 when Egypt population alone is around 80million? Add other Arabic speaking countries like Sudan, Algeria, Libya, Somalia, Tunisia, Morocco and the likes?
Just because you call a website africa-facts doesn't mean it truly contain facts about Africa.

4 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Happigirl12(f): 11:26am On May 15, 2018
AnanseK:

There is only one major language.

No matter how much you want only one. There are three major languages here in Nigeria. Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by AnanseK(m): 11:28am On May 15, 2018
The Igbos don’t speak Igbo any longer . They speak to their children in English with heavy accent and they believe that’s civilization.

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by ItzBIM(m): 11:29am On May 15, 2018
lonlytroy:
Why not declare pidgin our officially language
Because Igbo language will be extinct very soon.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by oooduancalmdown: 11:38am On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
Education is very important , some are graduates but still are not well educated , some saw hausa listed and the next thing is tribalism and hate , some of you gotta educate yourselves before embarrassing yourselves on here ... amongst all three major languages in nija , hausa is d only international language we have , many west african nations have hausa tribes.. niger rep,chad,cameroon does nt blong to west africa but this countries still have parts that speak hausa
Ogbeni, keep your dirty mouth shut. There are also Yoruba speakers in Benin republic and Togo. Yoruba speakers in Nigeria alone reach 40 million. Just shut your mouth if you have nothing reasonable to say instead of spreading this falsehood. Hausa is not the most spoken language in Nigeria. They are pure lies
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by papoudaupolos: 11:46am On May 15, 2018
Fuckyoumod:
Hausa is the official language of illiterates, Buhari and his cows in the north.

So I can understand...
It pains you nobody care about your language.
You should knw Cows are far better than Pigs even in the South.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 12:39pm On May 15, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Ogbeni, keep your dirty mouth shut. There are also Yoruba speakers in Benin republic and Togo. Yoruba speakers in Nigeria alone reach 40 million. Just shut your mouth if you have nothing reasonable to say instead of spreading this falsehood. Hausa is not the most spoken language in Nigeria. They are pure lies
i wont drop so low to ur level, the nxt thing na insults when ur facts dey wrong .... anywhere u see my handle just pass by cos i know beta
tnks
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 12:43pm On May 15, 2018
shaqhead:

"The Hausa (autonyms for singular: Bahaushe (m), Bahaushiya (f); plural: Hausawa and general: Hausa; exonyms: Ausa) are one of the largest ethnic groups in Africa. The Hausa are a diverse but culturally homogeneous people based primarily in the Sahelian and Sudanian Daura area of northern Nigeria and southeastern Niger, with significant numbers also living in parts of Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Chad, Togo, Ghana,[3] Sudan, Gabon and Senegal." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa_people

Cc: eflintstone

tnks bros many here no sabi anything , dem just dey let hate/tribalism... d annoying is at least bfore u reply try mk ur legit findings...no dey wont , na to dey embarass demsefz

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 15, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Pidgin language would have being better as it is spoken more than other languages in Nigeria. Using only Hausa aside pidgin will send a bad message across.
You're wrong. Hausa is spoken more than English and pidgin combined. Pidgin is not even a language yet.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 15, 2018
eflintsone:
bros tnks o , even here in nija i think hausa is the second most spoken language after english ,
many just talk without having good evidence to back up there talks, some even lie forgetting we have the internet to clearly know dey are liars

No. Hausa is the most spoken not English. While English is the most common.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 15, 2018
Happigirl12:

No matter how much you want only one. There are three major languages here in Nigeria. Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.

There is only one major. 1 3 and 7 all cannot be major. Except when a question was asked list two major then you can add 7 and 3. And when the question is list 3 major then you can have 7, 3 and 1.

But when the question which 1 is D major language in Nigeria? You cannot list 3, it's Hausa alone

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 15, 2018
papoudaupolos:

It pains you nobody care about your language.
You should knw Cows are far better than Pigs even in the South.

Cow will always be better than pig anyday.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by otunbadan(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

Nope. Hausa Language is the most spoken language in west africa.

Ya ma.d
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by eflintsone(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2018
MrHowto:

No. Hausa the most spoken not English. While English is the most common.
tnks bros
actually we learn everyday but it depends on the individual ,some ain't ready to learn cos dey bliv they know it all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 15, 2018
otunbadan:

Ya ma.d

Go kill yourself. But indeed it is.
Re: 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa by senatordave1(m): 1:03pm On May 15, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Stop this nonsense na.the entire north speak hausa.does the entire south speak yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tunisia Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 31st Janaury 2015 / Barca To Offer Messi New Contract That Will Keep Him At The Club Till 2023 / UEFA, Premier League, Top Clubs Reject European Super League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.