Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) (42349 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shows Off Newborn Baby’s Tribal Marks / Igbo Tribal Marks And Their Meaning / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Herrmes: 10:12am On May 15, 2018
SlayQueenSlayer:

We must not evolve at the same time. Culture is culture and must be followed and respected.
Must?
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by aalangel(f): 10:16am On May 15, 2018
This is not real.

1 Like

Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:17am On May 15, 2018
Herrmes:
Must?

Okay, let me say "should".
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Litmus: 10:17am On May 15, 2018
If you are in a mixed race marriage and you have abandoned your cultural references, you nearly bring nothing to that marriage. Your culture informs and enriches your existence. When people from the West, pick away at bits of your African culture, make you ashamed of one aspect or another, it's because they want to own you, become your masters with power over your place in the earth. A race without those riches and negatives that are part of the whole culture for the earth may as well not exist in the world. When hard decisions may have to be made one day for the continuation of mankind, folks without the informative value of culture will become as surplus to the world as beggers and thives.

Regardless of the authenticity of the picks, tribal marks are cool or they can become so simply by being proud of them and mordenising the patterns. Tomorrow, they may become the next big world fashion.
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Reelmii: 10:19am On May 15, 2018
na their tradition o, make una no put mouth, if say the baby know she for no come
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Reelmii: 10:22am On May 15, 2018
Factfinder1:
Yoruba I hail ooo
see ur mentality, for ur mind now u don comment, is it only yorubas that give tribal mark?

2 Likes

Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by omoiyalayi(m): 10:22am On May 15, 2018
I don't think it's real

That mark is too close to the baby's eye

1 Like

Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Herrmes: 10:22am On May 15, 2018
SlayQueenSlayer:

Okay, let me say "should".
Everything comes under scrutiny as we all move, so I don't get why Culture should be untouchable...
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Herrmes: 10:26am On May 15, 2018
Litmus:
If you are in a mixed race marriage and you have abandoned your cultural references, you nearly bring nothing to that marriage. Your culture informs and enriches your existence. When people from the West, pick away at bits of your African culture, make you ashamed of one aspect or another, it's because they want to own you, become your masters with power over your place in the earth. A race without those riches and negatives that are part of the whole culture for the earth may as well not exist in the world. When hard decisions may have to be made one day for the continuation of mankind, folks without the informative value of culture will become as surplus to the world as beggers and thives.

Regardless of the authenticity of the picks, tribal marks are cool or they can become so simply by being proud of them and mordenising the patterns. Tomorrow, they may become the next big world fashion.
Till when the hard decisions have to be made, because honestly, neither me nor you know.
They are not cool! They're gory at best
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by chairman00100: 10:30am On May 15, 2018
MetaPhysical:
Moreover, the marks are fake. They are still fresh and seeping blood. Why is the sorrounding tissue not inflammed or swollen as should be expected when the skin surface is broken in a bruise, cut or scrape?

is this damage control or what, look harder bros
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by boyjo: 10:30am On May 15, 2018
MetaPhysical:
Moreover, the marks are fake. They are still fresh and seeping blood. Why is the sorrounding tissue not inflammed or swollen as should be expected when the skin surface is broken in a bruise, cut or scrape?

Because the marks are healed.

cc: Niyinficient (By the way, what sort of a name is this; Niyinficient? grin)
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by potterdon: 10:31am On May 15, 2018
Afonjas I hail una grin
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by akdjr(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2018
Though I can't do this to my child, but if its their culture I can't be against them. I am sure if its a western culture our gullible Africans would have been doing it without minding the pain on the child.
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Nobody: 10:35am On May 15, 2018
The purpose of tribal marks have been greatly defeated. Continuance of this act now leads to a generation of youths that harbour so much hatred, anger and resentment at their parents and the cultural system.

I knew a lady who work at a bank in Unilag. This lady is beautiful but has two slashing vertical marks on her cheeks. I noticed she kept her gaze at the monitor while attending to me and wouldn't look up. I dropped a little note to her while leaving written "you are beautiful". She called me later to thank me and we became friends.

This lady revealed the trauma of having tribal marks on her cheeks. How she detests looking at the mirror and why she rarely takes pics. How she resents her parents for doing that to her etc.
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by AFONJACOW(m): 10:37am On May 15, 2018
wickedness of AFONJA is second to none even devil dey fear them
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by rexben(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2018
this is evil in the daylight. Most culture are evil
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by engrjacuzzi: 10:45am On May 15, 2018
which is better, to have tribal mark on her face or tattoo on her face?
let's see those in favor of tribal mark click likes while those in favor of tattoo click share
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by thunderbabs: 10:56am On May 15, 2018
This calls for protest shocked This is an abuse
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Nobody: 11:00am On May 15, 2018
Thank God for white people. Una wey dey talk, but now everybody face for don cover with all sort of cultural symbolism.
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by bentlywills(m): 11:03am On May 15, 2018
Morbeta11:

They have ajonacrated the fine baby......

grin grin
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by rookiy(m): 11:12am On May 15, 2018
ikombe:
Wetin this wan dey talk
I know even understand��
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Treasure17(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2018
SlayQueenSlayer:

We must not evolve at the same time. Culture is culture and must be followed and respected.
Yeah culture must be followed and respected no doubt about that but not at the detriment of the person's involved. This is extreme and will you allow that to happen to your kids if your culture demands that?
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Chineztrillionz(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2018
Funkee..... shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by iammistakessy(m): 11:17am On May 15, 2018
It's only animals that needs marking for their owners to be able to identify them. Humans don't need it, those engaged in such acts are barbaric, uncouth, callous and destiny killers.
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Nobody: 11:18am On May 15, 2018
Fucktoto comman see your afonja people shocked
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by omoharry(f): 11:19am On May 15, 2018
MetaPhysical:

You talk like someone in the medical profession..
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Eludiremayowa: 11:28am On May 15, 2018
Dats bad idea in parents
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by fucktoto: 11:32am On May 15, 2018
KillaBeauty:
Fucktoto comman see your afonja people shocked

stop trolling me...i'm warning you.

if i start with you, you'll hate me more than you do now.
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by Nobody: 11:37am On May 15, 2018
I’m not trolling you undecided
fucktoto:

stop trolling me...i'm warning you.

if i start with you, you'll hate me more than you do now.
Re: Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) by mechanics(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2018
All in the name of culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hadiza Elegushi's Birthday: Oba Elegushi Celebrates Second Wife / Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi / "Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.