Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important (2985 Views)

Google PPC: Content Or Search? / Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? / Content Or Mgid Ads Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 7:09am On May 15, 2018
Contents or Backlinks which one is important in determine the performance of a site?
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:33am On May 15, 2018
Backlinks....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by LagBlogger(m): 7:34am On May 15, 2018
Content. Depends on how you optimize it, at least 60% of visits and ranking would naturally come from content.

2 Likes

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by nurd(m): 7:35am On May 15, 2018
Both. But if you have enough content already, invest in back links. Then when you make more, start investing in both. The cycle continues like that...
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Nobody: 7:35am On May 15, 2018
I don't understand what the OP is referring to someone please explain...

1 Like

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Pabloosas(m): 7:36am On May 15, 2018
C
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Nlearn: 7:36am On May 15, 2018
Both Bro

Just Get SEO Masterclass by going here https://nairalearn.com/course/search-engine-seo-masterclass/

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Silvermoney: 7:36am On May 15, 2018
I think the original idea is that good content would ultimately be able to generate 'natural' backlinks.

But if you're talking about the SEO practice of fishing for undeserved backlinks here and there in order to fool Google and rank, then I believe good content trumps such backlinks anytime any day.

2 Likes

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by ideology(m): 7:36am On May 15, 2018
Content is king, Backlinks are jara's

Backlinks will help you rank on Alexa.

While your content will bring your visitors back to your site organically

Your content will make you an authority and a go to resource centre.

In most cases, even google will quote your content and use it as reference.
With time other writer's will quote your work and give you free Backlinks

I did SEO for an ecommerce website last year, purely onpage, no Backlinks

Today that site has outranked its competitors and has outranked Jumia and konga on some keywords.

6 Likes

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by UncleSnr(m): 7:37am On May 15, 2018
Content first before back link.

www.learnvercity.com
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by KnowMore: 7:38am On May 15, 2018
Content is King.. The days of backlink is far gone. The way Google treats back link now, even hurts websites.
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by olowobaba10: 7:40am On May 15, 2018
WHAT IS BACKLINKS?
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by lanre316: 7:40am On May 15, 2018
Content is king. With good content, you can generate organic backlinks with little or no effort on your part. But with shitty contents, backlinks would not rank you higher on Google search, if your bounce rate is high. If I were you I would invest 90% of my efforts in quality content and 10% on generating backlinks.
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Olivera23(m): 7:42am On May 15, 2018
grin
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Nobody: 7:49am On May 15, 2018
I think it's a wrong question.
Both are non mutually exclusive entities.
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2018
ideology:

I did SEO for an ecommerce website last year, purely inbound, no Backlinks

Today that site has outranked its competitors and has outranked Jumia and konga on some keywords.

You're right, but Backlinks from a reputable site will skyrocket your rank
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:56am On May 15, 2018
Work on the quality of your content and backlink will be added naturally to you

Just like this saying.. "seek the kingdom of God first and everyother thing will be added to you."

See a good example at www.brainnewsradio.com
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2018
Noel1:
I think it's a wrong question.
Both are non mutually exclusive entities.
Explain please
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:58am On May 15, 2018
akeentech:

Yes

Its possible
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 7:59am On May 15, 2018
BrainnewsNg:
Work on the quality of your content and backlink will be added naturally to you

Just like this saying.. "seek the kingdom of God first and everyother thing will be added to you."

See a good example at www.brainnewsradio.com

Good job, Backlinks from a reputable site will get you ranked higher.

btw, I will like to meet you.
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 8:01am On May 15, 2018
olowobaba10:
WHAT IS BACKLINKS?
Links from back

1 Like

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 8:02am On May 15, 2018
lanre316:
Content is king. With good content, you can generate organic backlinks with little or no effort on your part. But with shitty contents, backlinks would not rank you higher on Google search, if your bounce rate is high. If I were you I would invest 90% of my efforts in quality content and 10% on generating backlinks.

Nice one, can I know your url?
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Sotland: 8:03am On May 15, 2018
In my Opinion, Both as very important to drive traffic; however, Content is the Leader of every other SEO procedures. To be honest, Having SEO content that is compelling is the beginning of every online business. This is the first step towards an effective SEO plan; to ensure that your writer incorporate all organic searching intent related words into your content for SE optimization purpose. With this, even before doing backlinks, Search engine will be able to crawl your website/content.

Having Backlinks may help in ranking; however, If you do not have persuasive and compelling content then" O.Y.O" There will be no conversion. Most times Visitors on your page don’t care about anything other than one thing. HOW YOU CAN HELP THEM. And How do you HELP? Giving them solution to what they seek through a persuasive content that can make them do business with you. So the “trick” is that you should demonstrate how you can help them ...and that will make them come more or stay loyal to your brand.

Signed
Soty
Contentbaze.com
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Tolzeal(m): 8:03am On May 15, 2018
They both work together — But putting them on a ratio I’ll say 40 : 60 ( Content : Backlinks )!
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by ideology(m): 8:03am On May 15, 2018
akeentech:

yea you are right, but content makes a site reputable

1 Like

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by akeentech(m): 8:04am On May 15, 2018
post=67572181:
Backlinks....
Oya come nd tell me more
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by gbengalite(m): 8:04am On May 15, 2018
ideology:

I did SEO for an ecommerce website last year, purely inbound, no Backlinks

What site is that?

I think both are important from experience, I managed a top commerce platform too, incharge of the SEO as well.

I this just like Rice and beans

PPC.ng We turn your traffic to sales
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by Nobody: 8:07am On May 15, 2018
akeentech:

Explain please

A great content alone won't get anywhere near google ranking without the required links.

Conversely, if you manage to gain links - albeit, deceitfully on poor contents and you see your contents stroll to the top, sooner or later your on page metrics being retrieved by Google analytics will tell the big G that something's wrong.

So, before you know it, google drops the page back to the non and replaces with a more quality one.

So, for a health seo you need both together....

Just my humble humble opinion!

1 Like

Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by ideology(m): 8:10am On May 15, 2018
gbengalite:

What site is that?

I think both are important from experience, I managed a top commerce platform too, incharge of the SEO as well.

I this just like Rice and beans

PPC.ng We turn your traffic to sales
. The argument was which is more important, definitely one is more important
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by freshlaw: 8:11am On May 15, 2018
Content oooo. Quality content for that matter.
Re: Content Or Backlinks ? What Should Be More Important by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:11am On May 15, 2018
akeentech:

Good job, Backlinks from a reputable site will get you ranked higher.
btw, I will like to meet you.
Really?
But, on what reason?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply For Google Adsense And Actually Get Approved / Why Web Hosting Companies in Nigeria Should Reposition for 2006 / The Best Cms For A News Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.