Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,942 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) (40165 Views)

Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation / Adebutu Kessington In ₦300m Rolls-Royce Phantom / Oba Of Benin, Ewuaere, Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce And Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by autojosh: 10:07am On May 15, 2018
Saheed Ademola Elegushi (Kusenla III) – the Oba of Ikateland.

Oba Saheed Elegushi had his coronation as the Elegushi of Ikate Kingdom, Kusenla II, on the 27th of April 2010. He was, at the time, the youngest monarch in Lagos state at 34 years.

The Master’s Degree-holder from the Manchester University, prior to his coronation, served in the Lagos state government as a Senior Special Assistant in-charge of Special duties.

The fun-loving traditional ruler, who is regarded as the closest friend to the Oni of Ife, rakes in millions daily as income from the popular Elegushi beach in Lagos.

The young monarch owns a custom made bulletproof Rolls Royce Gushi.

Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan – The Olugbo of Ugbo

The Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom in Ondo State is a financial enigma.

In March 2014 Forbes estimated his net worth as US$300 million. He was thus ranked by Forbes magazine as the second richest King in Africa and the richest in Nigeria. In the ranking, in Africa, he came second behind King Mohammed VI of Morocco.

The Oba of Olugbo also has a reputation as the first black person in the world to buy the 2014 model of Bentley automobile.

On January 14, 2014, in an interview with Daily Post, he said “I have a $1 million watch, I use the same type of car like the Queen of England”

Indeed, the Olugbo of Ugbo has a custom built 2012 Rolls Royce similar to one owned by Queen Elizabeth II.

The Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom is the Chairman of Obat Oil.

Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi – the Ooni of Ife

Since his coronation, His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi , the Ooni of Ife, has demonstrated tirelessness in expanding the influence of the Yoruba culture and to unite it with other cultures and ethnicities.

Clearly, the Ooni has shown that he is not one who believes in sedentary rulerships. The highly revered Yoruba monarch, rather than merely issue royal instructions and proclamations, sometimes finds the need to travel to far-flung locations to get things accomplished.

The debonair Ife monarch, amongst several exotic cars, also owns an ultra-luxury 2011 model Rolls-Royce Phantom .

For a monarch whose style of dressing; comportments and choice of stylish paraphernalia all exude opulence and royalty the Rolls-Royce Phantom is indeed a befitting means of transportation.

Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II – the Emir of Kano

Owning Rolls Royces is almost an entrenched tradition of the Kano Emirate. Long before it became mainstream, the Kano Emirate have been acquiring Rolls Royces.

On February 27, 1956, when the freshly-crowned Queen Elizabeth visited Nigeria, she was chauffeured around in a Rolls Royce Wraith loaned and made available for the visiting English monarch by the Kano Emirate.

In September 2016, the maverick former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II, the Emir of Kano, in keeping with that tradition, bought for himself a few Rolls Royces. It includes a brand new 2016 Rolls Royce Phantom.

Upon purchase, the well-respected Emir shared the picture of the new car Rolls Royce on social media .

On his official instagram page, the Emir captioned the shared pictures thus: “Has just been added”.

The price of the 2016 Rolls-Royce Phantom is estimated at about N150 million ($417,825).

Oba Ewuare II Ogidigan, Oba of Benin Kingdom

The former Nigerian ambassador to Italy, Spain, Angola and Sweden is one monarch with demonstrable swag.

Prior to his ascension to the throne of one of Africa’s most celebrated Kingdoms, he excelled in private business, specifically in the oil sector.

The Edo monarch, who has earned an early reputation as a “disciplinarian Oba” with zero tolerance for land-grab in his kingdom, shortly before his coronation on the 20 October, 2016, acquired for himself a 2016 Rolls-Royce Phantom.

The luxury vehicle was launched at the thanksgiving ceremony, which held at Holy Arousa Cathedral, Akpakpava street, Benin City.

https://autojosh.com/5-nigerian-monarchs-that-own-a-rolls-royce-see-photos/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Horlaidex(m): 10:11am On May 15, 2018
shocked
kings with class.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by richmoneyoliver(m): 10:14am On May 15, 2018
At least I try today...second to comment ...oba akinrutan of ugbo kingdom I hail aka oba ohangangan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by concupiscent: 10:23am On May 15, 2018
"Don't know why I dislike this RR of a car. The makers sold the idea that the car is royalty themed while in reality there isn't much to it"

-concupiscent

6 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by JasonScoolari: 10:23am On May 15, 2018
...And the Oba of Zombies, Oba Sarrki the III name is not on the list?

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by sarrki(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2018
JasonScoolari:

grin grin grin

High respected chief wailer I greet you

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Aldebaran(m): 10:32am On May 15, 2018
Mine is on the way...

My Rolls-Royce Cullinan grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by JasonScoolari: 10:36am On May 15, 2018
sarrki:

grin grin grin

Greetings bro. It's been a while.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Evablizin(f): 10:38am On May 15, 2018
JasonScoolari:
grin

grin

grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by CoolFreeday(m): 10:41am On May 15, 2018
Traditional Rulers and Swag
Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by JasonScoolari: 10:43am On May 15, 2018
Evablizin:

grin

grin

grin

Here's the table you're shaking Evablizin. Well done!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by sarrki(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Greetings bro. It's been a while.

My bro on a low key!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Evablizin(f): 10:45am On May 15, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Here's the table you're shaking Evablizin. Well done!
Hian!!! You broke the table,there is nothing to shake again.
Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by JasonScoolari: 10:50am On May 15, 2018
sarrki:

My bro on a low key!!!!
Really miss you bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by JasonScoolari: 10:54am On May 15, 2018
Evablizin:
Hian!!! You broke the table,there is nothing to shake again.
You're just too smart and intelligent. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Drniyi4u(m): 11:12am On May 15, 2018
Very soon, my name will be there undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by sarrki(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Really miss you bro.

Thanks bro
Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:52am On May 15, 2018
The REAL MVK's!!!
Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Factfinder1(m): 11:52am On May 15, 2018
Please someone should tell me the economic importance and significance of all this kings....who then help apart from their self's

6 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by chukwuibuipob: 11:56am On May 15, 2018
sad dat num 1 control lekki..Only d wise go under beta
Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by crafteck(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2018
No eastern king here, they are busy catering for tge wellbeing of their people rather than enriching already rich economy, 150m would bring good water, school and socio infrastructural amenities.... Im not from the east but then sabi put priorities straight in some cases, see hush pussy and phyno as an example

10 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by rozayx5(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2018
They should have added me na

Oba bitcoin

cool
Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by spartan117(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2018
concupiscent:
"Don't know why I dislike this RR of a car. The makers sold the idea that the car is royalty themed while in reality there isn't much to it"

-concupiscent

That's the power of a brand!
It will amaze you to know that the rolls royce brand is far more valuable than all the assets the company owns put together.
Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by spartan117(m): 11:58am On May 15, 2018
sarrki:

grin grin grin

Sarrki where have you been?
Missed trolling your posts lol grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Nobody: 11:58am On May 15, 2018
No igbo king there.. Good one..

All this are to the detriment of the people

In igbo land is the way round

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Consultville(m): 12:00pm On May 15, 2018
I love this car
Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 15, 2018
How did he get Ogidigan to his name

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) by Consultville(m): 12:01pm On May 15, 2018
where is Oba of Lagos, Olowo Eko

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igwe John Umenyiora Is Dead / Dele Momodu Confirms Ooni Of Ife's Marriage To Olori Wuraola Crash / Akatas On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.