Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

The New Girl - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The New Girl (134351 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Girl by kingphilip(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2018
KunleAJ:
You still don't get my point, it was barely 24hrs after the two of them became friends. barely 24hrs after he forgave his parents. come on!

I am not talking Nigerian concept, I'm talking about how things should be.

Anyways, if you intend to keep it that way I can't change your mind but this story will never make it to FP if this is how you want to continue.

you said reality should be embraced and for real its happening in Nigeria and like a poster cited an example of it evident in the US too.

and as someone above said, you don't know what the man's qualifications is to come to a conclusion that he isn't qualified
Re: The New Girl by genius43(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2018
KunleAJ:
I really don't understand you cuz we are not talking about anyone completing someone else's story for them.

If you don't know the meaning of constructive criticism just ask and I will take the liberty of explaining to you in details

The explanation is very clear, you are the one missing the points.

The time and space we live in I see nothing unrealistic about it.

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 23, 2018
Episode 32
Edwin: (sounding sarcastic) Yeah… Yeah, Woohoo. You finally got it. First price goes to you, blah…blah…blah. Now back to the real issue, have you gotten my packages?
Susan: Yeah, we have. I was really shocked when I saw it. My Dad, the personal assistant to the Senate President? And also an invitation card to the Senate President’s Christmas party? Edwin, those are huge!
Edwin: Oh c’mon don’t be like that, you deserve it. You guys have suffered enough.
Susan: I know but still…
Edwin: No but, young lady. I don’t accept refunds. Take it or Take it.
Susan: (smiles) Thanks Edwin, It really means a lot to me and my family.
Edwin: Aww, you’re gonna make me cry. You sound so cute. Anyway! Concerning what you will all wear on that day, someone will come to your house tomorrow to take you all shopping. You guys can buy whatever clothing items you want… Well, as long you don’t buy the whole store.
Susan: Wow! This is too much.
Edwin: Just don’t faint while I’m still on the line. You can do that when I’m off (smirking).
Susan: (giggles) Okay, boss.
Edwin: Nice, such a respectful girl. Well, enough chitchat young lady, I’ve gotta run now. I still have some idiots to go see.
Susan: And who are these idiots you wanna go see, if I may ask?
Edwin: Well, It’s like this… I’m going to Clement’s house to pick him up, and from there, we will go to Felix house to pick him up, and from there, we will go to Daniel’s house to pick him up, and from there, we will… No wait, sorry I mean we will then go to Daniel’s house and have a sleepover. No wait, sleepovers are for girls. So, what did I say we were gonna do again? Wow… Would you look at that, I’ve forgotten my plans.
Susan: Wow! That’s…amazing (sounding sarcastic). Wait a minute, don’t tell me your driving while talking to me?
Edwin: (scoffs) Of course I’m not, why on earth would I wanna do something as stupid as that?
Man: (screaming) Hey, Watch where you going, you fool.
Edwin: (sticks his head out of the car) Roads where built for man not chickens! (Screaming).
Susan: I thought you said you weren’t driving?
Edwin: Of course I’m not driving, I’m racing. Why drive when you can race with other drivers? Oh gotta go now, some crazy fella is trying to overtake me. (Screams) You’re getting past me, Junior! Bye Susan (call ends).
Susan: He’s gonna get himself killed. So, Edwin was behind it all? Should I tell Mom and Dad? No, I best keep it to myself, at least until he starts work. (Walks to the living room) Dad, that was from the Senate President’s office.
Mr. Williams: Oh, and what did they say?
Susan: They said someone will be here tomorrow to take all of us shopping for some clothes and to also get some suits for you.
Theresa: Yes! Finally, I get to have some new clothes.
Mr. Williams: Wow! This is too much for us. Give me the number, I wanna thank them myself.
Susan: No Dad, it’s a business line so you can’t just call it anytime you feel like.
Mr. Williams: Oh, is that so? Well, I really thank them and God for all of this.
Mrs. Williams: Yes dear, things are finally taking a turn for good in our family.
Susan: Yes Mum, they are (smiling).
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 23, 2018
Episode 33
* The Macaulay residence *
“So, can someone please explain to me how you got into this house and what you are doing here by this time of the night,” Mrs. Macaulay asked.
“Erm… Mom… It’s…” Daniel stammered but was cut off by Edwin.
“… We’re very sorry ma’am. We really wanted to see Daniel today but we were caught up in traffic which made us arrive here really late. We didn’t want to bother you guys by knocking on the front door because we thought you would all be asleep, so we decided to climb to Daniel’s room,” Edwin said in a sober tone.
“Then why all the noise and screaming in there?” Mrs. Macaulay asked once again.
“That was Daniel being a girl,” Edwin replied, smirking, to which Daniel rolled an eye.
Mrs. Macaulay sighed before saying, “What you three did was very dangerous. What if you all had fallen down while climbing and injured yourselves? What would you tell your parents when they ask? So, next time, don’t do that again. If you want to see anyone, you come through the front door. We are all one big family and I take you all as my children. So please don’t try this again, understood?”
“Yes ma’am,” they all chorused.
“Good, you all can go now,” Mrs. Macaulay said waving them away.
“One more thing, ma’am,” Edwin said.
“And what’s that?”
“My parents are hosting a Christmas party and would love to invite every member of the family. I’m pretty sure my Mom will give you a call first thing tomorrow morning.”
“Oh, that’s fantastic. We will definitely attend. Well, y’all can go back to the room, and Daniel, why don’t you get the mattress and pillow from the guest room so your friends can sleep on it. I can’t let you three leave this house by this time of the night,” Mrs. Macaulay said.
“Okay, Mom,” Daniel said, walking towards the guest room.
“Thanks ma’am,” the guys chorused walking towards the stairs.
********************­********
“I can’t believe Mom didn’t throw them out. Now they’re gonna spend the night here. What are we gonna do, Jenny?” Jessy asked as they stood on the stairs, listening into the conversation their Mom and Daniel’s friend were having.
“I had a feeling this might happen, that’s why I reset the trap we had planned to use for them the last time they came here. We will use that trap today,” Jenny said, smirking.
“Oh…that one. Alright, let’s do it,” Jessy said, quickly walking up the stairs with Jenny.
********************­*********
“I don’t know why, but Daniel’s Mom scares me,” Felix said, walking up the stairs.
“Same with me. She has this commanding presence and commanding voice. No wonder Daniel is so obedient. He fears his Mom,” Clement said trailing closely behind Felix.
“Commanding…scary.­..fear…blah…blah­…blah. I just want Daniel to get over here so I can get some food, I’m hungry,” Edwin said, overtaking Felix and Clement. Stepping on the foot rug in front of Daniel’s room, he found out he couldn’t get his foot out of it. “What the… I can’t get my foot out of this rug.”
“Get out of the way, Eddy. My butt needs some comfort,” Felix said, pointing at his butt.
“I can’t. I’m serious, I can’t. My foot is stuck on it.” Edwin panicked.
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2018
Continuation
“Get out the way, Mr. Paranoid. I’m going in,” Clement said, jumping over the rug. Once he opened the door, a bucket of blue paint suddenly fell his head, covering both his body and the shirt of Edwin with blue paint.
“Woah! What the hell.” Edwin screamed.
“I said it. It’s those evil sister that’s doing this. They are out to get us again.” Felix panicked, but was unaware there of a tiny string on the wall he was standing beside. He accidentally pulled the string and a plank on the wall slingshot to his face, making him groan “awooh” in pain and tumble down the stairs.
“What’s going on here?” Mrs. Macaulay asked, rushing to where Felix laid on the floor after tumbling down the stairs.
“Felix, are you alright?” Daniel asked, as he got to where he laid.
“Mr. Santa Claus, did you get me a present? I’ve been a good boy, I swear,” Felix said, obviously dazed from the fall.
“Hello! A little help up here.” Edwin yelled.
“I’m coming. Woah! Edwin, Clement, what happened to you guys? I leave you guys alone for 2 minutes and you put yourselves in a mess? This is a new world record,” Daniel said, looking perplexed.
“Before you start nagging like a girl, why don’t you get me off this, huh?” Edwin said, shrugging.
“Alright, alright. Let me see. Men! Your foot is stuck really good. We’re gonna have to force your foot out, by any means necessary.” Daniel smirked.
“I don’t like the look on your face, Daniel,” Edwin said, raising an eyebrow.
“Can someone tell me what happened here?” Mrs. Macaulay said, assisting Felix up the stairs.
“I don’t know but I think we were pranked by someone,” Edwin said.
“A prank? By someone?” Mrs. Macaulay asked.
“I guess you guys have forgotten the guy that has blue paint all over his body,” Clement said moving his hands up and down his body.
“Just go wash up in the bathroom, Clement,” Daniel said forcing Edwin to the ground.
“Ow, that hurts,” Edwin said, glaring daggers at Daniel.
“Now Edwin, what made you think someone pranked you guys?” Mrs. Macaulay asked.
“Everything was just well synchronize. Me getting my foot stuck on the rug, Clement getting a bucket of paint dropped on his head, Felix being hit by a plank making him tumble down the stairs. This were all well planned by someone or someone’s targeting 3 of us,” Edwin said, still trying to force his foot out of the rug as he laid on the floor.
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2018
Episode 34
“Everything was just well synchronize. Me getting my foot stuck on the rug, Clement getting a bucket of paint dropped on his head, Felix being hit by a plank making him tumble down the stairs. This were all well planned by someone or someone’s targeting 3 of us,” Edwin said, still trying to force his foot out of the rug as he laid on the floor.
“Okay, now tell me, who in this house is capable of doing something like that?” Mrs. Macaulay asked, folding her arms.
Daniel, Edwin and Felix looks down the corridor towards Jenny and Jessy’s room.
“Jenny and Jessy? Why do you think two little girls can do something like this?” Mrs. Macaulay asked, still folding her arms.
“Those girls hate us. I’m sure they are ones who did this,” Felix said, for the first time since the incident.
“Oh really? And now, let me prove you all wrong,” Mrs. Macaulay said walking towards Jenny and Jessy’s room. After knocking twice, Jenny opened the door.
“Mum? What are you doing in my room?” Jenny asked rubbing her eyes indicating she just woke up.
“Oh, did I wake you up, honey?” Mrs. Macaulay asked.
“Yes Mom, you kinda did,” Jenny replied, yawning.
“Oh sorry honey. You can go back to bed,” Mrs. Macaulay said, as Jenny shut the door before her.
“You three were saying?” Mrs. Macaulay asked, walking back to where stood.
“But… But… But.” Felix stammered.
“Will you all just go to bed and make there isn’t any more noise from any of you, unless,” Mrs. Macaulay said, as she retreated back downstairs.
“Those little demons, they are so gonna pay for this,” Felix said, clenching his fist.
“Hey! Those little demons are my little sisters, if you’ve forgotten,” Daniel said, rolling his eyes.
“Don’t worry Felix, since they want a showdown, we’re gonna give them a showdown,” Edwin said, finally getting his foot off the rug.
“Once again, my little sisters.” Daniel shrugged.
“Don’t worry Danny boy, we’re not gonna hurt them. Atleast not too much,” Edwin grinned.
* In the morning *
“Huh? Where are they?” Jenny asked, to no one in particular as she and Jessy peeked into Daniel’s room to discover neither Daniel nor his friends were in.
“Where could they have gone this early?” Jessy asked, to no one in particular as they both walked into the room.
“They are probably scared we’re gonna prank them once more. Ha! They can’t run forever…” Jenny said, but was cut short by the incoming Edwin.
“That’s why we are right here,” Edwin said, walking into room with Daniel, Clement and Felix following.
“Jenny, Jessy, so you girls were responsible for what happened yesterday?” Daniel asked.
“And others in the past,” Felix added.
“Yes, and so?” Jessy replied, shrugging.
“And so? Did you just say and so? Look at my hair, it’s gonna take me forever to get this ‘blue paint’ off my hair.” Clement ranted.
“And me, ‘The Felixinator’, tumbling down the stairs because of you girls. I feel like killing you two,” Felix said walking towards them but Jenny gave him a death glare and he retreated.
“But why are you girls doing that? Pranking them? Why?” Daniel asked, looking perplexed.
“It’s all their fault. They are always around you. They never give you free time to play with us. That’s why we have been trying over the years to split you all,” Jenny said, glaring daggers at the guys.
“Oh, it’s not their fault. You see, when I was in High school, I was required to always be in school, read and attend extra classes because I wanted to get good grades and most times, due to one competition or the another I would be representing Crownsville. So, it didn’t give me time for both myself and anyone else even friends. So, don’t blame them, instead, blame me,” Daniel said.
“Oh, we didn’t know, we’re very sorry,” Jenny said in a sober tone.
“Yeah, we’re very sorry, you guys,” Jessy added.
“It’s okay,” they all chorused, smiling but Clement and Felix merely murmured.
“And guess what we got you both? All of Justin Bieber’s album!” Edwin said, bringing out a shopping bag he hid behind him.
“Argh! Oh Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” They both screamed rushing towards Edwin, grabbed the bag and rushed out of the room towards theirs.
“Once again, Edwin, saves the day. That rhymed, huh?” Edwin smirked.
“Just shut up. I just used the money I was gonna use to buy shampoo, to buy some Justin Bieber nonsense for some little girls,” Clement ranted.
“You’re looking at it from the bad side. On the good side, you just bailed yourself from a lot of pranking from those little girls.” Edwin smirked.
“So, Edwin, what’s with the Christmas party? Seems you and your parents are now in good terms?” Daniel asked, taking a sit.
“Yep, we are now in good terms. And like you heard me tell your Mom, we’re hosting a Christmas party and we are inviting every family and friends. Guess who I invited,” Edwin smiled.
“Who?” Daniel asked.

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 9:38am On Jun 23, 2018
Tanks OP
Re: The New Girl by Ann2012(f): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: The New Girl by harunablezin(f): 11:33am On Jun 23, 2018
My oga chop Nuckle..... Na u try pass weldone
Re: The New Girl by sirBLUNT: 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
KunleAJ:
Thank You Bro,

How can the son of a senate president pressure his father to give a man who barely knows anything about management an appointment and get a reply in form of a letter

Although the story is pure fiction reality should be embraced

I love the way your story started but if your characters are mismatched it will show a leak.

Rather than insult me check your story and make necessary corrections

not only that bro,for example i think the senate president title is kinda loud and unrealistic...like are they attending a private or public uni in the country? and on campus only daniel seems to be the big boy amongs his friends instead of edwin cos we all that been a senate president son is a big deal,the euphoria that comes with it will have blown the school to let everyone knows who edwin is....Asemark great job bro just work on the details....

2 Likes

Re: The New Girl by MissJoy29(f): 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
sirBLUNT, where are you? You are owing me remember? cool
Re: The New Girl by sirBLUNT: 8:28am On Jun 26, 2018
MissJoy29:
sirBLUNT, where are you? You are owing me remember? cool
oh hun i'm here just watching you from you a distance....
oh really what could that be? i had a senior pls remind me
Re: The New Girl by Meekdon: 9:55am On Jun 26, 2018
nice update
Re: The New Girl by MissJoy29(f): 2:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
sirBLUNT:
oh hun i'm here just watching you from you a distance....
oh really what could that be? i had a senior pls remind me
You are?
Come over there joor grin
Re: The New Girl by sirBLUNT: 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2018
MissJoy29:

You are?
Come over there joor grin
i just hala from the other side to tell you, i'm sorry for been weak and down....
Re: The New Girl by MissJoy29(f): 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
sirBLUNT:
i just hala from the other side to tell you, i'm sorry for been weak and down....
Re: The New Girl by Danpersie31(m): 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
Asemark:
Episode 34
“Okay, now tell me, who in this house is capable of doing something like that?” Mrs. Macaulay asked, folding her arms.
Daniel, Edwin and Felix looks down the corridor towards Jenny and Jessy’s room.
“Jenny and Jessy? Why do you think two little girls can do something like this?” Mrs. Macaulay asked, still folding her arms.
“Those girls hate us. I’m sure they are ones who did this,” Felix said, for the first time since the incident.
“Oh really? And now, let me prove you all wrong,” Mrs. Macaulay said walking towards Jenny and Jessy’s room. After knocking twice, Jenny opened the door.
“Mum? What are you doing in my room?” Jenny asked rubbing her eyes indicating she just woke up.
“Oh, did I wake you up, honey?” Mrs. Macaulay asked.
“Yes Mom, you kinda did,” Jenny replied, yawning.
“Oh sorry honey. You can go back to bed,” Mrs. Macaulay said, as Jenny shut the door before her.
“You three were saying?” Mrs. Macaulay asked, walking back to where stood.
“But… But… But.” Felix stammered.
“Will you all just go to bed and make there isn’t any more noise from any of you, unless,” Mrs. Macaulay said, as she retreated back downstairs.
“Those little demons, they are so gonna pay for this,” Felix said, clenching his fist.
“Hey! Those little demons are my little sisters, if you’ve forgotten,” Daniel said, rolling his eyes.
“Don’t worry Felix, since they want a showdown, we’re gonna give them a showdown,” Edwin said, finally getting his foot off the rug.
“Once again, my little sisters.” Daniel shrugged.
“Don’t worry Danny boy, we’re not gonna hurt them. Atleast not too much,” Edwin grinned.
* In the morning *
“Huh? Where are they?” Jenny asked, to no one in particular as she and Jessy peeked into Daniel’s room to discover neither Daniel nor his friends were in.
“Where could they have gone this early?” Jessy asked, to no one in particular as they both walked into the room.
“They are probably scared we’re gonna prank them once more. Ha! They can’t run forever…” Jenny said, but was cut short by the incoming Edwin.
“That’s why we are right here,” Edwin said, walking into room with Daniel, Clement and Felix following.
“Jenny, Jessy, so you girls were responsible for what happened yesterday?” Daniel asked.
“And others in the past,” Felix added.
“Yes, and so?” Jessy replied, shrugging.
“And so? Did you just say and so? Look at my hair, it’s gonna take me forever to get this ‘blue paint’ off my hair.” Clement ranted.
“And me, ‘The Felixinator’, tumbling down the stairs because of you girls. I feel like killing you two,” Felix said walking towards them but Jenny gave him a death glare and he retreated.
“But why are you girls doing that? Pranking them? Why?” Daniel asked, looking perplexed.
“It’s all their fault. They are always around you. They never give you free time to play with us. That’s why we have been trying over the years to split you all,” Jenny said, glaring daggers at the guys.
“Oh, it’s not their fault. You see, when I was in High school, I was required to always be in school, read and attend extra classes because I wanted to get good grades and most times, due to one competition or the another I would be representing Crownsville. So, it didn’t give me time for both myself and anyone else even friends. So, don’t blame them, instead, blame me,” Daniel said.
“Oh, we didn’t know, we’re very sorry,” Jenny said in a sober tone.
“Yeah, we’re very sorry, you guys,” Jessy added.
“It’s okay,” they all chorused, smiling but Clement and Felix merely murmured.
“And guess what we got you both? All of Justin Bieber’s album!” Edwin said, bringing out a shopping bag he hid behind him.
“Argh! Oh Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” They both screamed rushing towards Edwin, grabbed the bag and rushed out of the room towards theirs.
“Once again, Edwin, saves the day. That rhymed, huh?” Edwin smirked.
“Just shut up. I just used the money I was gonna use to buy shampoo, to buy some Justin Bieber nonsense for some little girls,” Clement ranted.
“You’re looking at it from the bad side. On the good side, you just bailed yourself from a lot of pranking from those little girls.” Edwin smirked.
“So, Edwin, what’s with the Christmas party? Seems you and your parents are now in good terms?” Daniel asked, taking a sit.
“Yep, we are now in good terms. And like you heard me tell your Mom, we’re hosting a Christmas party and we are inviting every family and friends. Guess who I invited,” Edwin smiled.
“Who?” Daniel asked.
great job u doing boss.pls can I get ur WhatsApp number? Need to discuss something with u
Re: The New Girl by sirBLUNT: 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2018
MissJoy29:
check the other side....
Re: The New Girl by MissJoy29(f): 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2018
sirBLUNT:
check the other side....
I have
Re: The New Girl by Sensitivity1254: 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
You didn't read where Edwin refused to have anything to do with his parents? How convenient!!!!

sirBLUNT:
not only that bro,for example i think the senate president title is kinda loud and unrealistic...like are they attending a private or public uni in the country? and on campus only daniel seems to be the big boy amongs his friends instead of edwin cos we all that been a senate president son is a big deal,the euphoria that comes with it will have blown the school to let everyone knows who edwin is....Asemark great job bro just work on the details....
Re: The New Girl by sirBLUNT: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2018
MissJoy29:
I have
well let fate define the future....how are you doing?
Re: The New Girl by MissJoy29(f): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
sirBLUNT:
well let fate define the future....how are you doing?
Not really ok dear. But I will be
Re: The New Girl by sirBLUNT: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2018
MissJoy29:
Not really ok dear. But I will be
care to let me know on the 411?
Re: The New Girl by MissJoy29(f): 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
sirBLUNT:
care to let me know on the 411?
Sure...
Re: The New Girl by abdulyaro66(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2018
Guy � update na �
Re: The New Girl by whinnie(f): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2018
Thanks a lot,more update please

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by devilmaycry1(m): 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2018
update
Re: The New Girl by Tunibitoye(m): 12:05am On Jul 03, 2018
that's y I hate reading stories here you'll be following post all of a sudden they'll just abandoned the storythat's y I hate reading stories here you'll be following post all of a sudden they'll just abandoned the storythat's y I hate reading stories here you'll be following post all of a sudden they'll just abandoned the story
Re: The New Girl by Toboye(m): 8:34am On Jul 03, 2018
Asemark:
Thanks for the encouragement Godwindanielboy

What a lovely stories. I can immagine all the acts in the story. Im really enjoying this. God Bless you bro.
Re: The New Girl by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 8:50am On Jul 03, 2018
Asemark, my paddy, i neva read dis story o, but i know say e go make sense o, based on who you be. smiley

You are highly talented in what you do(writing).

Blessings fall on you! 'E nor easy'(ask P'Square)
Re: The New Girl by adamsbadoo(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2018
[b][/b] cryYeeeeh....won ti jami sile tipepe
Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2018
OP as u don enter F P now, shey uno go come update abi...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

THE UNKNOWN: The Mega-hit Series / The contract / Unrequited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.