Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,027 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:40 AM

BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) (62100 Views)

RCCG Youths Hold EndSARS, EndSWAT Prayer Rally At Redemption Camp / RCCG - Redemption Camp's 25 Megawatts Power Plant In Pictures / How We Bought RCCG Redemption Campground For Just N6, 000 – Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Paradigm777: 7:07pm On May 15, 2018
PrecisionFx:

RCCG is actually not growing. Everyday they share flyers to other Christians who aren't members of their church, inviting them for one program or the other. When they come to those RCCG church programmes, The church extracts their phone numbers and start calling n texting them everyday to come for one program or another.......weeks or months later, Those Christians head back to their church......

And the cycle continues......winning souls in RCCG isn't about winning souls of atheists, Muslims, Hindus, etc. ....... Its all about dragging Christians who are already members of another church to leave their church and become RCCG members grin.
If e dey easy go drag ur own na grin
Or is it ur dragging ni?
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Goodness4525: 7:09pm On May 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
There is no country that has an RCCG parish that did not have a catholic church there before them so your point is meaningless.RCCG is not even the largest Christian church in Nigeria
Please don't complicates matters here by comparing rccg to Catholic Church, the head line says fastest growing Church,there is a difference btw growing and grown up,,,. rccg is growing,while Catholic has already grown
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Olatoman(m): 7:10pm On May 15, 2018
mathinips:

I personally disagree with this. Please let those who love to preach, preach. That what God love. If you are proud of something you introduce it to others. Christians are no longer giving out the light like before.

I was in Ibadan early this year and to my greatest surprise I saw great increase in the number of people wearing the hijab and put on the small imam cap. I can see they are no longer ashame of showing their religion. They evangelise the more by they way they dress. That was my observations compare to when I visited in 2008

Christians need wake up. If you are a Catholic and u feel challenge that Pentecostal are increasing then go out and win more soul into the Catholic flock.

When last did u tell unbelievers about the God of the Catholics

Thank you for your input and analysis, it's my grievance against religion you just pointed out with the bolded.

Why not say, win more souls for Christianity, not this segregation we introduced to what Christ brought to us.
Doesn't matter if it's Catholic, Anglican, Baptist or Pentecostal, let us identify ourselves as Christians and not let denominations divide us.
This person will tell you he can't marry someone else who doesn't worship in his/her church.

Please understand my point properly, I detest the segregation and friction different denominations sometimes causes.
Preaching can be done, but should it be at the detriment of someone who simply desires peace ?

I grew up in a Muslim home, attended a Catholic Secondary school, followed by a Baptist University, and inasmuch as I have seen the light, I also have seen the damage this denominational superior thing does.

Once listened to an Audio lesson from Kenneth Hagin and he mentioned that he was with a Catholic Priest once, and while it was akward initially, they were able to cross that an recognise they were both advocates for Christ and were able to fellowship together by the grace of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 15, 2018
mathinips:

That why u get it wrong. Christianity is all about miracle. Our focus is the Kingdom. The Bible says"Seek ye first the kingdom of God then every other things shall be add unto you".

U should have ask has Adeboye preach about his father's kingdom to this man, then the addition is the miracle that follows

Oga quit those gimmicks. The man is already a Christian, The healing is the next step which Adeboye has been running from grin.

1 Like

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 15, 2018
Paradigm777:

If e dey easy go drag ur own na grin
Or is it ur dragging ni?

We havent gottwn to the "goan drag ur own" , Wen u open a thread on it and mention me, I will do justice to it.

Focus on the topic, Adeboye n his likes in Nigeria isn't Interested in winning souls of Muslims, Hindus, Atheists n ATR practicers. They are only interested in dragging other Christians who aren't members of their church to become member...grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by ArcFresky(m): 7:28pm On May 15, 2018
mathinips:

If you are challenged, am happy. You know why? That means you find a means to grow your own church thereby reducing devil's kingdom. Or let me say try doing it right from your own angle. If your own church can start being the candle that chases darkness, it will be a plus

Thats the point....
Why do I need to own my own church, when there are thousands of church existing?

Wont it be better if I took my bible and did door to foor preaching....
Or went to a park, gathered few people and talked to them abiyt Christ?

Must I own a church before I can become a light?

Did mother theresa own a church?
Did Ghandi own a church?

Imagine single building housing 3 churches?
Whats that for?
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Paradigm777: 7:29pm On May 15, 2018
PrecisionFx:

We havent gottwn to the "goan drag ur own" , Wen u open a thread on it and mention me, I will do justice to it.

Focus on the topic, Adeboye n his likes in Nigeria isn't Interested in winning souls of Muslims, Hindus, Atheists n ATR practicers. They are only interested in dragging other Christians who aren't members of their church to become member...grin.
Even Jesus wasn't interested in winning the pharasees and the sadducees
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by maisauki: 7:35pm On May 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

who dash mokey banana? Fastest growing indeed!!
monkey don forget banana name...don forget redeem sha
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by akoaki(m): 7:35pm On May 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

so church growth is measured in parishes? Funny you.Programme attendance you mean? LWKMD.How exactly did you arrive at the claim that there are the fastest growing church in the world? You mean they have more parishes and more programes than everyother church in the world or what?

This is a national disgrace. We should be discussing polico-economic growth and development, not church growth. Of what economic value are these parasitic worship centers ? Spit on thread.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Goodness4525: 7:40pm On May 15, 2018
The most annoying pat of all this matter is that,there is nothing like religion or denomination in heaven All this religious issue are just man made inventory to control the mind of people of a given cultural background

It irritates me when some Christians religious bigot will utter crap like being Christians is the only means to access heaven. ,,,,, pls, God knows no shit about ur religious diversity,,, only interested in ur moral, so Isomeone should tell those religious fanatics out there to reason logically and not ignorantly
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by akoaki(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2018
Omooba77:

Every country you enter there is presence of God through a Parish of RCCG Sir

Presence of God in a Nigeria Pentecostal center ? Or you meant presence of the devil himself? Money , lies, deceit and corruption reign in most churches and mosques in this country. How I wish I had powers to convert these goddam places to factories, schools , poultry farms and hospitals.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by daveP(m): 7:44pm On May 15, 2018
Omooba77:

Every country you enter there is presence of God through a Parish of RCCG Sir
.... and an "ichabod" situation also is very very sure to be around as well?
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 7:47pm On May 15, 2018
mathinips:

Take note of this "fastest growing". Let me ask u this question "Is Catholic Church growing?" In your parish, How many convert do u have on the average per week?

For me I am not border about growth between churches, if Catholic are growing am happy, if it's Anglican am Happy, if it's RCCG am happy. What am after is for growth of God's kingdom and decrease in the devil camp.
converts indeed. Most Pentecostals keep jumping from one church to another Evey weekend. Are those the sort of people you refer to as converts? There are "converted " from one church to another even within their Pentecostal denominations

1 Like

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 7:49pm On May 15, 2018
Goodness4525:
Please don't complicates matters here by comparing rccg to Catholic Church, the head line says fastest growing Church,there is a difference btw growing and grown up,,,. rccg is growing,while Catholic has already grown
Even amongst the growing churches RCCG is not the fastest growing church in the world
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by GGirll: 7:54pm On May 15, 2018
Now i'm beginning to believe all the rumors i hear about this man
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Goodness4525: 7:55pm On May 15, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Even amongst the growing churches RCCG is not the fastest growing church in the world
Can u prove it cos unlike others they prefer to open three branches in a mile distance to enhance competition of acquisition of sheeples
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:00pm On May 15, 2018
xreal:
Pictures nko?

Modified

I have seen the pictures.

Waiting to hear from Daddy Freeze.

That idiot?

Your time is yours to waste, sha.
undecided
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by oyeludef(m): 8:09pm On May 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
I HOPE YOU KNOW TEH SIZE OF AN AVERAGE CATHOLIC PARISH IN NIGERIA IS EQUIVALENT TO 50 RCCG PARISHES?
why so much hate in ur voice? Simply English, "fastest growing". Islam is said to be the fastest growing religion in Europe, it does not mean there are more Muslim than Christians in Europe but simply that more people are changing their religion to Islam than the Christian. Do u think bbc made d statistics up or wat
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Atk1nson(m): 8:13pm On May 15, 2018
Omooba77:
We welcome (BBC) Broad Casting Station to Rccg Emmanuel Park, For Rating (RCCG) as the MOST Fastest Growing Church all over the World. Congratulations to Our Dady and Mummy Adeboye, On this Great Visit to Rccg Redemption camp, Glory be to Almighty God Hallelujah..

What Is the benefit of it being the fastest growing in the world.

According to the bible when a light is put on a hill, it shines and the darkness vanishes away. With the rise in immorality and corruption in our society, it's clear the growth of the Church has not corresponded with the growth in truth and morality.

Hence, there is nothing to celebrate here
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 15, 2018
Paradigm777:

Even Jesus wasn't interested in winning the pharasees and the sadducees

He didn't come for them, He came for his people alone grin.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by sshyne(m): 8:35pm On May 15, 2018
Lol... They came to record our stupidity and show case it to the world. When they get back back to there country it will turn to a comedy video.

It's not fasted growing church but Fastest growing business
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by otokx(m): 8:36pm On May 15, 2018
Looking forward to watching this episode of BBC Travel show.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 8:37pm On May 15, 2018
oyeludef:
why so much hate in ur voice? Simply English, "fastest growing". Islam is said to be the fastest growing religion in Europe, it does not mean there are more Muslim than Christians in Europe but simply that more people are changing their religion to Islam than the Christian. Do u think bbc made d statistics up or wat
RCCG is not the fastest growing church in the world and BBC will not be stupid to tag them as such. BTW how exactly do you people claim RCCG is the fastest growing church in the world? Is it in terms of percentage or absolute numbers? Because I know the Roman Catholic Church is the fastest growing church in terms of absolute numbers
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by JUBILEE2000: 8:39pm On May 15, 2018
stifej:
There is RCCG is Pakistan, In Pakistan it has a presence in Lahore, Kasur, Sahiwal, Mureed Ke, Mian Chanu

How many native Pakistanis have been converted by the presence of RCCG there? If u check it's only Nigerians who relocated to Pakistan you will find there
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Alajiki(m): 8:40pm On May 15, 2018
fineboynl:
Muslim northerners sees buhari as the Messiah to islamized Nigeria and expansionist of Islam in western Africa. for years the Muslim blocks in the middle east have been funding the project during the military era.

Libya former ruler Mohammed Ghadafi was once a sponsor, from the east including Egypt they have been several pressure but no military general have had the balls to carryout such task except buhari. before he was kicked out from power by IBB the plans was cut short. in a short video in circulation when buhari was invited in 2001 he reinstated that he is still in the struggles for the total implementation of sharia in Nigeria reasons he contested in 2001, 2004, 2007.

he started to use pastors from 2011 and 2015 from south west to deceived the southwest Christians and middle belt that he was no more in that Islamic struggles.

in military era IBB disconnect buhari dealings with Libya dictator Ghadafi and IBB diverted Ghadafi Islamic fundings for personal gains. this are fact that are in the open. OBJ is aware.

now there is a renew calls to for the same islamazation agenda and expansionist in western Africa under the same buhari and with what we have seen we can conclude that this administration has been hijack by islamist. and former military generals like OBJ and Danjuma knows this secret long before you were born and why obj have been reckless since this regime. if Nigeria can be islamized then west Africa can.

Nigeria Christians need to wake up to the calls. arises to reality before it too late, your politicians are useful idiot.

Who is this rabble-rousing yahoo?
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Myself2(m): 8:52pm On May 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
I HOPE YOU KNOW TEH SIZE OF AN AVERAGE CATHOLIC PARISH IN NIGERIA IS EQUIVALENT TO 50 RCCG PARISHES?

Hogwash
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Goodness4525: 9:10pm On May 15, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

RCCG is not the fastest growing church in the world and BBC will not be stupid to tag them as such. BTW how exactly do you people claim RCCG is the fastest growing church in the world? Is it in terms of percentage or absolute numbers? Because I know the Roman Catholic Church is the fastest growing church in terms of absolute numbers
Seen people guilty of buhari statement about the youth,
Catholic is not a growing church, but grown and ahead of any organised religious denomination in all ramifications, and every other denominations are growing to match up with her

1 Like

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Tundeobama(m): 9:11pm On May 15, 2018
carefully observing Rccg is the fastest growing church in the world if you have visit 15 contries in the past 10yrs let's argue you stay in your room you think you have statistics than BBC.Catholic is a church that have existed for centuries so you forcefully comparing them with a new pentecostal it shows deep you heart you knew Rccg is fast growing.Catholic has even drop in number.50years ago when catholic in Rccg was just starting for a young church like that to have presence in 197 plus countries each country with more than 10 parishes poo.Rccg was established by a black man and it attain that feet.
I expect more evil people to criticize Adeboye as a true man of God he has taking Rccg to a feet no blackman has attained in Christiandom in Africa a priest is not appreciated in his home town.
Your hate words can't do appreciating Rccg is moving forward daily.God bless.

1 Like

Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Chuksonyeike: 9:21pm On May 15, 2018
Tundeobama:
carefully observing Rccg is the fastest growing church in the world if you have visit 15 contries in the past 10yrs let's argue you stay in your room you think you have statistics than BBC.Catholic is a church that have existed for centuries so you forcefully comparing them with a new pentecostal it shows deep you heart you knew Rccg is fast growing.Catholic has even drop in number.50years ago when catholic in Rccg was just starting for a young church like that to have presence in 197 plus countries each country with more than 10 parishes poo.Rccg was established by a black man and it attain that feet.
I expect more evil people to criticize Adeboye as a true man of God he has taking Rccg to a feet no blackman has attained in Christiandom in Africa a priest is not appreciated in his home town.
Your hate words can't do appreciating Rccg is moving forward daily.God bless.

Can you please show me where BBC claimed RCCG was the fastest growing church in the world? Where did you see that? The OP just made a dubious claim and you are here blabbing.50 years ago the population of the Catholic Church was 700million. Today it is 1.3billion.That is why I said The Catholic Church is the fastest growing church in terms of absolute numbers. Even by percentage RCCG cannot be the fastest growing church in the world
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Tundeobama(m): 9:30pm On May 15, 2018
PrecisionFx:

RCCG was founded in 1952 by Rev. Josiah
Olufemi Akindayomi (1909–1980) after he had
been involved in a number of other
churches. [3][4] Rev. Akindayomi chose Enoch
Adeboye as the next General overseer. Enoch
Adeboye was a lecturer in mathematics at the
University of Lagos,
Rccg has the highest numbers of convert from Muslim to Christian especially Nigeria and Pakistan in Nigeria rccg has more than 200pastors who are convert we can't give figures for members but you know for pastor convert to have this figure hundred of thousands have being converted.
Re: BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) by Goodness4525: 9:31pm On May 15, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Can you please show me where BBC claimed RCCG was the fastest growing church in the world? Where did you see that? The OP just made a dubious claim and you are here blabbing.50 years ago the population of the Catholic Church was 700million. Today it is 1.3billion.That is why I said The Catholic Church is the fastest growing church in terms of absolute numbers. Even by percentage RCCG cannot be the fastest growing church in the world
seems u are new here undecided
Chuksonyeike:

seems u are new here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Is Qua Iboe Church The Oldest Church In South-East & South-South Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.