Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? (1465 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / What Is The Difference Between Tyre Noise And Wheel Bearing Noise? / How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Wheel Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? by Nedsnow(m): 5:56pm On May 15, 2018
Hello Everybody.
I will really appreciate it if you guys can help me out with this please.
I am using an Audi A4 Quattro Convertible 2005.
I have been experiencing this issue with grinding noises coming from the left front wheel of my car( that’s the driver’s side) for the past 5 days. It normally occurs while the car is moving. Immediately I press the brake, it will stops. Anytime my leg is off the brakes, it starts again.
While coming from work today, I noticed the noise increased a lot and it’s quite embarrassing. Also. I noticed anytime I am in traffic and I press the brake, I can hear the sound of the brake pad holding and releasing the wheels anytime I press or release the brakes.

I changed the whole shock absorber of the 4 wheels and also the whole set of the front wheel arms like 2 weeks ago. Before I did that, That noice came onboard like 2 days before I decided to change it finally. The more reason why I just had to change everything that early is because I was actually thinking the noise is coming from the joints in the wheels.

After everything has been changed, It started again like 4 days later. So I don’t know what the issue is now. Please help me out on this. Though I read somethings online but I am not sure about it. So I decided to bring it to the elders here
Thank you.
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? by diportivo: 6:36am On May 16, 2018
with this description

na pad dey worry ur motor
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? by cyborg123(m): 5:00pm On May 16, 2018
You need quality brake pads.
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? by sultaan(m): 9:18pm On May 16, 2018
Have your mechanic raise the printable trans in neutral and spin the wheel by hand to narrow down the source(I know it's awd) be there when it's done and make sure you know exactly what part is worn no hearsay
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? by Nedsnow(m): 9:19pm On May 16, 2018
diportivo:
with this description

na pad dey worry ur motor

Thank you sir. But I was actually worried that since the noise does not occur when I press the brake. Infact, it normally stops anytime I press he brake. That’s why I am not sure
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? by Nedsnow(m): 9:20pm On May 16, 2018
cyborg123:
You need quality brake pads.

Thank you sir. I think that’s what I will do.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? by Nedsnow(m): 9:23pm On May 16, 2018
sultaan:
Have your mechanic raise the printable trans in neutral and spin the wheel by hand to narrow down the source(I know it's awd) be there when it's done and make sure you know exactly what part is worn no hearsay

I actually love this. The last time I told the guy about it, he was telling me it’s brake but I can still manage it. But now the noise is unbearable.

I don’t want to fix it now and later experience the problem again
Re: Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? by eRex(m): 1:02am On May 20, 2018
Nedsnow:

Thank you sir. But I was actually worried that since the noise does not occur when I press the brake. Infact, it normally stops anytime I press he brake. That’s why I am not sure

It won't make noise when u step on the breaks cos applying the breaking makes dem firm.
Possibly the pads are thin / due for change or not original... I go with change d pad..#my recent experience.

(1) (Reply)

Bentley Unveils Its Vision Of Future Luxury Mobility With Bentley EXP 100 GT / Foreign Used 2008 Lexus Full Option For 2.550m / Honda Accord And Toyota Camry Which One Is Stronger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.