Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line (19412 Views)

Amaechi Angry With CCECC Over Delay In Kaduna-Kano, Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Rail / Rotimi Amaechi Signs MoU on Rail Modernisation in Sochi, Russia - Photos / Buhari At A Meeting With CCECC Board Directors In Beijing (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by majella4: 7:57pm On May 15, 2018
PRESS RELEASE
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SIGNS $6.68 BILLION CONTRACT AGREEMENT WITH CCECC FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ADDENDUM NO.4 IBADAN-KADUNA SEGMENT OF LAGOS/ KANO RAIL LINE

The Federal Government has today signed a Contract Agreement of $6.68 Billon  on the Ibadan – Kaduna Railway Segment of the Lagos-Kano Railway Line with the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CC.ECC).

Addressing Journalists shortly after signing the Contract Agreement, the Honourable Minister of Transportation Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi said that the Contract Agreement is for the implementation of Addendum no. 4 Ibadan- Kaduna segment of the Lagos- Kano Rail line at the cost of $6.68 billion

“This one is Ibadan- Kaduna Rail Line which is part of the Lagos-Kano rail line” he said. The Hon. Minister added that the completion  time of the contract should between  2-3 year depending on the availability of funds.

Rt. Hon Rotimi Amaechi promised that the Ministry should be able to provide its counterpart funding between this year and next year budget provision.

The Ibadan- Kaduna Standard Gauge line will pass through Oshogbo-ilorin-Minna to Kaduna, with a single track branch line from Oshogbo to Ado- Ekiti.

This Contract is in fulfilment of Federal government’s  plan to complete the Lagos- Kano rail modernization Project which was started in 2006 and broken into Segments for implementation in 2008. The Segmentation phase commenced in Abuja- Kaduna Rail Line in 2011 which was  completed and commissioned into Commercial operation by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016.

The Federal government in March 2017 commenced implementation of the second leg of the Lagos - Kano line which is the Lagos-Ibadan Rail line that is currently on-going and is planned to be  completed by the end of 2018.

Signing of this Ibadan –Kaduna Segment Contract Agreement today concludes all outstanding Segment of Lagos – Kano Rail Line.

Source: http://usascholarshipfree..in/2018/05/federal-government-signs-668-billion.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by PassingShot(m): 8:01pm On May 15, 2018
The new name for PMB should be Mr. Infrastructure.

Wailers and haters of good things, over to you.

110 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by Wealthandjobs: 8:31pm On May 15, 2018
PassingShot:
The new name for PMB should be Mr. Infrastructure.

Wailers and haters of good things, over to you.
He is living up to the promise to use Nigeria's money for Nigerians.
Long live federal republic of Nigeria.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by muykem: 8:42pm On May 15, 2018
Thank you Mr president.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 15, 2018
My guy!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by Canadamigrate: 10:04pm On May 15, 2018
Welcome development but where's Lagos- Portharcourt

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by eleojo23: 10:05pm On May 15, 2018
Wonders are beginning to happen before election.

Issokay... !

They will soon call me wailer but we all know the tricks

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by Adewabdul: 10:06pm On May 15, 2018
God bless Nigeria!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by seguno2: 10:06pm On May 15, 2018
Wealthandjobs:

He is living up to the promise to use Nigeria's money for Nigerians.
Long live federal republic of Nigeria.

By going to London for treatment every time and staying up to four months before Charly Boy chased him back to Nigeria?
By going abroad for treatment after banning government officials from doing the same?
By going abroad for treatment after spending billions on Aso Rock clinic than all Teaching hospitals combined yet has no paracetamol?
Buhari is a monumental fraud that must be corrected in 2019!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by laurel03(m): 10:06pm On May 15, 2018
Wailers go start saying gej project now..

Buhari is trying his best but on a serious level baba should not contest in 2019 and he should let young and intelligent person continue from where he will stop.. not recycle politicians.

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by bjayx: 10:07pm On May 15, 2018
Believe them folks at ur peril

I don tay for naija...I sabi them grin

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 15, 2018
PMB is the Best Nigeria President ever in term of Infrastructure..Quote me anywhere

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by greggng: 10:07pm On May 15, 2018
Amaechi and kemi are the only hard-working ministers I 've ever seen in Nigeria. Despite distractions from wike, he is a great performer

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 15, 2018
Canadamigrate:

One at a time

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by TheAngry1: 10:10pm On May 15, 2018
ok
Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by seguno2: 10:11pm On May 15, 2018
greggng:
Amaechi and kemi are the only hard-working ministers I 've ever seen in Nigeria. Despite distractions from wike, he is a great performer

Amaechi who said that he did not know that we had railways?
Kemi who said that recession is just a word?
Are you for real

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by dreamwords: 10:12pm On May 15, 2018
Na wao.. Ccecc want to finish Nigeria money

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by DEXTROVERT: 10:12pm On May 15, 2018
THANKS
BABA
OUR
SAVIOUR
AND
MESSIAH

THEY
WISHED
YOU
DEATH
BUT
YOU
ARE
SHINING
STRONGER
THAN
THERE
PAPA

MR
INFRASTRUCTURE

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by Nairalandmentor(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2018
smiley
Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by abbaapple: 10:12pm On May 15, 2018
angry

Ipobpigbians will never like such news! Shame! lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by seguno2: 10:13pm On May 15, 2018
Canadamigrate:

Where were you when Buhari talked about 97% vs 5% ??

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by contigiency(m): 10:14pm On May 15, 2018
When I say that pmb will end up being the best president among the ones the country has ever had, people through fights at me as if I am talking out of context. They ask such questions as; show me what he has achieved. Even when they are seeing and reading news like this, they turn the other way. But I am not disturbed because time will tell.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by rrikado(m): 10:15pm On May 15, 2018
God bless Pmb, nd for those useless youths that support evil party pdp, u all will not succeed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by greggng: 10:16pm On May 15, 2018
seguno2:

Amaechi who said that he did not know that we had railways?
Kemi who said that recession is just a word?
Are you for real

I am for issue based discussion not for allegation without substance.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by dreamwords: 10:16pm On May 15, 2018
abbaapple:
angry

Ipobpigbians will never like such news! Shame! lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by chiwex(m): 10:17pm On May 15, 2018
medicine after death
Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by hardywaltz(m): 10:26pm On May 15, 2018
So many wailers won't sleep well this nite

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by seguno2: 10:28pm On May 15, 2018
greggng:

Stop arguing with the truth or do you like to make a fool of yourself ni

360frolic:
Hours after Nigeria's finance minister, Kemi Adeosun denied saying 'recession is a word', a video of her making the remark during a public gathering has been posted online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZcwG36gq3Y

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/09/video-evidence-kemi-adeosun-said.html
Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by seguno2: 10:32pm On May 15, 2018
greggng:

How does a barefaced liar open his mouth and say that he is for issue based discussion?
Is that why you support liars like Amaechi, Buhari and other APC corrupt hypocrites

tk4rd:
Amaechi: I Never Knew Railway Transport Existed in Nigeria.
- Minister expresses ignorance of contract awarded to Tompolo.
Omololu Ogunmade in Abuja; and Sunday Okobi in Lagos.
In a bizarre twist, the Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, On Tuesday announced that he never knew the railways as a means of transport efficiently existed in Nigeria.
The minister who stated this when he and other officials of the ministry toured the facilities of the Nigerian Railways Corporation (NRC) in Lagos, added that the government would concentrate on building standard gauge railway lines that would befit Nigeria status as a developing economy as well as compliment it.
Amaechi said: “In fact, I think we have a problem; most people don’t believe that the railway transport is functioning in Nigeria. I didn’t even know, until I started this tour, I never knew that the railway was functioning, it was even from his (MD’s) speech that I learnt that there are some coaches or services that go to Kano or Port Harcourt or elsewhere.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechi-i-never-knew-railway-transport-existed-in-nigeria/228147/#.VnH3iqS-TiB.facebook
HE REALLY MEANT HE NEVER KNEW.??

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by seguno2: 10:43pm On May 15, 2018
dreamwords:
Na wao.. Ccecc want to finish Nigeria money

Do we have an option?
Can we use Nigerian companies?
Do you have a list of such capable Nigerian companies?
Can you do anything to make the list grow with credible companies?
Re: Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line by Seun360(m): 10:54pm On May 15, 2018
What happened to the Calabar - Lagos railway project?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Rail Next In Line As Amaechi Inspect Transport Institute Zaria / Ayade Stops Salaries Of Aides, LG Chairmen, Others Who Refused To Join APC / Buhari Receives Erdogan, Turkish President (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.