Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad (92871 Views)

Super Eagles AFCON 2023 provisional squad reportedly leaked / NFF Releases Super Eagles 25 Man Provisional List For AFCON / Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 10:53am On May 16, 2018
safarigirl:
all these armchair analysts

You have said a lot and said nothing

What makes you think our preparation I s poor? Compared to 2014 and 2010, can you call our preparation poor?

This is a vague comment with zero facts or analysis, just another doomsday prediction. And who is underrating Iceland? Anybody with sense knows Iceland is even more dangerous than Croatia or Argentina.

Maybe na you dey underrate them

Wat is wrong with having an opinion Ur entitled to yours and I to mine. I dislike been called names.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by etibaba(m): 10:55am On May 16, 2018
spartan50:

Speaking from facts bro... I won't argue much
i intend correcting you now, instead of you to ask for the so call fact so you don't go about making the same mistake. You dey form i don't want to argue, ok continue with what you call fact.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Favor99(m): 10:55am On May 16, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Why would you call him a terrorist just because he got a red card in South Africa 2010? Should I call Ifeanyi Udeze a terrorist for making a reckless tackle on Henrik Larsson of Sweden in the box 18 which led Nigeria to crash out at the Korea/Japan 2002 or is it Yakubu Ayegbeni that couldn't score when he was in front of an empty net in South Africa 2010. Let always watch our tongues and stop bringing hate into sport.
Those Igbos are very tribalistic, I used to feel sorry for other Nigerians/Africans when they get dissed by oyinbo. But it turns out Nigerians are very tribalistic and racist. At the end of the day human beings are human beings regardless of color. Nigerians are tribalist as f***, very pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enonche85(m): 10:56am On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
[s][/s]apart from playing for foreign club, what are ighalo, kelechi and iwobi stat this season?

Which trophy did any of them help their team win?

Which one of them is not romancing the bench?

In your stupid thinking, we should allow bench warmers to play because they play for foreign clubs and not the ones who see actions week In week out in a very tough league like nigerian league.

Ighalo is the captain of his club side in China. Iwobi proved himself when called upon by Wenger this season in the Europa league and same goes with Iheanacho in the FA Cup for Leicester this season.

...I don't even know why am i'm still replying a 19yr old with free data and a phone sef!.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by safarigirl(f): 11:00am On May 16, 2018
ndy87:

Wat is wrong with having an opinion Ur entitled to yours and I to mine. I dislike been called names.
nobody called you names undecided

In football, you back up your opinion with facts, you don't just drop an empty opinion lest you mislead people
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by safarigirl(f): 11:02am On May 16, 2018
enonche85:

I fear Iceland morethan Croatia knowing what they did to the likes of England and Co in the last Euros.
my dear, thankfully, we are not playing our first game against them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by EarthXmetahuman: 11:02am On May 16, 2018
[s]
enonche85:

Ighalo is the captain of his club side in China. Iwobi proved himself when called upon by Wenger this season in the Europa league and same goes with Iheanacho in the FA Cup for Leicester this season.

...I don't even know why am i'm still replying a 19yr old with free data and an android phone sef!.
[/s]ighalo is a captain of a shitty club in a shitty Chinese league.
How many people even watch Chinese league?

I would rather watch Egytian or zambian league than watch some chinko play football.

Iwobi is not the heart of arsenal. He is always chopping bench.

Don't even get me started on iheanacho that couldn't get starting line up in a small team like leceister. Imagine, getting benched by old vardy all the time.

Yet, these are igbo finest we must rely on cos we don't want to use fine Hausa players from local league.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 11:04am On May 16, 2018
safarigirl:
nobody called you names undecided

In football, you back up your opinion with facts, you don't just drop an empty opinion lest you mislead people

Wats d armchair bla bla bla u dropped?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:08am On May 16, 2018
Favor99:

Those Igbos are very tribalistic, I used to feel sorry for other Nigerians/Africans when they get dissed by oyinbo. But it turns out Nigerians are very tribalistic and racist. At the end of the day human beings are human beings regardless of color. Nigerians are tribalist as f***, very pathetic
I have noticed that on Nairaland. If things doesn't favour them, they start shouting marginalization as if they are the only one being marginalised in the country. Though we have exceptions among them. I don't know why Nairaland mods are not clamping down on tribal bigots on Nairaland. Could you imagine someone calling a player terrorist just because he got red card as if it was Sani Keita that killed his family. That is why I don't blame those whites/asians/arabs that hate we blacks especially we Nigerians. If a Nigerian could hate on a fellow Nigerian just because of his belief and tribe then I see know reason why we should wail when Nigerians are being attacked by racists in diaspora.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Favor99(m): 11:15am On May 16, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

I have noticed that on Nairaland. If things doesn't favour them, they start shouting marginalization as if they are the only one being marginalised in the country. Though we have exceptions among them. I don't know why Nairaland mods are not clamping down on tribal bigots on Nairaland. Could you imagine someone calling a player terrorist just because he got red card as if it was Sani Keita that killed his family. That is why I don't blame those whites/asians/arabs that hate we blacks especially we Nigerians. If a Nigerian could hate on a fellow Nigerian just because of his belief and tribe then I see know reason why we should wail when Nigerians are being attacked by racists in diaspora.
Yea I used to believe Nigerians/Africans we’re innocent and are the victims. I come to a Nigerian forum and I’m seeing a similar display of racism/tribalism between Nigerian ethnic groups. Although the whites/Arabs/Asians are cruel to us for their own unknown reasons. If oyinbo or black Americans were to start dissing Nigerians, Naija people will be crying racism. I’m now seeing Naija people are no different.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 11:15am On May 16, 2018
victorazyvictor:
We r not going anywhere, no be curse

SHUT THE FAKAP!

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by safarigirl(f): 11:17am On May 16, 2018
ndy87:

An armchair analyst is a person who makes spurious claims WITHOUT FACTS

Please, mention the fact in your statement that ensures you are not an armchair analyst.

There was no insult there, Nigerians always assume someone is insulting them because they disagree.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Seun360(m): 11:19am On May 16, 2018
ndy87:

Lol, it means you only have a peripheral and not in-depth knowledge concerning the subject matter.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Seun360(m): 11:22am On May 16, 2018
safarigirl:

Please, mention the fact in your statement that ensures you are not an armchair analyst.

There was no insult there, Nigerians always assume someone is insulting them because they disagree.

For me, they've prepared well compared to previous outings but we lack the man power to topple teams like Argentina and Croatia.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Nobody: 11:24am On May 16, 2018
safarigirl:

I talked about too much anticipation and it's the fact. Anticipation without preparedness is worrisome, secondly u don't underestimate your opponent which most of you are doing. Lest I forget u also a Nigerian so you included.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by bamoski(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2018
MDsambo:

Where is he from?

middle belt
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by safarigirl(f): 11:29am On May 16, 2018
ndy87:

I talked about too much anticipation and it's the fact. Anticipation without preparedness is worrisome, secondly u don't underestimate your opponent which most of you are doing. Lest I forget u also a Nigerian so you included.
what are your facts to back up the idea that the team is not prepared?

Preparedness in what form? Do you know what facts are? Is it that they are not prepared financially? Is it that the players are lacking in match fitness? How is there no preparation?

Do you know me? You think I am underrating Iceland? Are you in my head or you are just making the same spurious claims you have been making on this thread as usual?

You're no more than an armchair analyst. That is why I said you have said a lot and said nothing. There are no facts in your statement, just baseless talk from someone with little to no knowledge.

People wey know know, people like you can save your talk for FP, where there are other clueless people

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:31am On May 16, 2018
Favor99:

Yea I used to believe Nigerians/Africans we’re innocent and are the victims. I come to a Nigerian forum and I’m seeing a similar display of racism/tribalism between Nigerian ethnic groups. Although the whites/Arabs/Asians are cruel to us for their own unknown reasons. If oyinbo or black Americans were to start dissing Nigerians, Naija people will be crying racism. I’m now seeing Naija people are no different.
Brother you are absolutely right. I commented on Aljazeera facebook page, the next thing a New Zealander lady started abusing me, that, "You are a Nigerian keep shut, your country is so corrupt and full of fraudsters", I told her I know my country is corrupt just like any other country on earth but the degree is just different.
I have a black American woman on my facebook, she posted something about black men that most women should avoid, the first on the list was Nigeria, If you see what other women said about Nigerians, they said "Nigerian men are bloody liars, they like to rip off from the women that are citizens of their host nations, that Nigerians use religion as a cover up but fraudulent in nature and most of them do have wives at home(Nigeria) and keep deceiving other women of different National". Bro, I could not comment on that post because, they would tear me into pieces with comments.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by michael1508: 11:32am On May 16, 2018
seriously wen I saw d list,not surprised,these ar d usual tired old legs we ve been using and we keep shouting Nigeria ve talents everywhere, d only thing that can take us far in this tournament is d coaching and strategy we choose to use,if not....dem dis boiz na just register dem com mark
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by mazimee(m): 11:38am On May 16, 2018
michael1508:
seriously wen I saw d list,not surprised,these ar d usual tired old legs we ve been using and we keep shouting Nigeria ve talents everywhere, d only thing that can take us far in this tournament is d coaching and strategy we choose to use,if not....dem dis boiz na just register dem com mark

You people are quite annoying with your ignorant comments angry
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by quickly: 11:41am On May 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
naaa
It is called uniting people.

Even in USA, the quota system is helping in uniting the country. All national investment must have a quota of minority or face a lawsuit.

This is a national team, not biafra team or private team.

The team should contain atleast 2 igbos, 2 yorubas, 2 Hausas and 3 minorities.

Then we call it a national team.

Just the best , even if one family can produce the full 11 it doesnt matter.

You ppl saying quota will never mention quota in miltary, presidency or political position

European nations that are using african descent players- what about that.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Welcomme: 11:45am On May 16, 2018
Bigii:

Ogenyi Onazi

Moses Simon

Both are from Idoma part of Benue state tongue

Where is Benue Located
Moses Simon is Yoruba
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Welcomme: 11:47am On May 16, 2018
drealzum:

Victor Moses is Ngas from Plateau state.
His parents were missionaries in Kaduna.
He was given birth there.
To this day, there is a huge population of Ngas in wusasa Zaria in Kaduna state.
Yakubu Gowon who is also ngas was giving birth there and his parents were also missionaries there.
Oga keep shut! Moses na confirm EDO boy.. .
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Favor99(m): 11:50am On May 16, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Brother you are absolutely right. I commented on Aljazeera facebook page, the next thing a New Zealander lady started abusing me, that, "You are a Nigerian keep shut, your country is so corrupt and full of fraudsters", I told her I know my country is corrupt just like any other country on earth but the degree is just different.
I have a black American woman on my facebook, she posted something about black men that most women should avoid, the first on the list was Nigeria, If you see what other women said about Nigerians, they said "Nigerian men are bloody liars, they like to rip off from the women that are citizens of their host nations, that Nigerians use religion as a cover up but fraudulent in nature and most of them do have wives at home(Nigeria) and keep deceiving other women of different National". Bro, I could not comment on that post because, they would tear me into pieces with comments.
Yea it’s the fukked up world we live in. As Nigerians we should be uniting not dividing. This tribalism stems from the divide and rule the British did during the colonial era and even before that. That’s how all the animosity between the different tribes started. We should be coming together not tearing each other up. Tribalism is definitely not cool or right.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by EarthXmetahuman: 11:53am On May 16, 2018
quickly:

Just the best , even if one family can produce the full 11 it doesnt matter.

You ppl saying quota will never mention quota in miltary, presidency or political position

European nations that are using african descent players- what about that.

Just the best when it favors igbos abi?
So Hausa are not the best in politics when igbos brought tribalism or yorubas are not best in music when igbos tried to bastardize the industry?

The fact that notherners join the millitary more than southerner doesn't stop you from joining the military if you want to.
Plus we have many southerners in the millitary. Go to millitary baracks and see for yourself. Most former army chiefs were either igbos or southerner under Jonathan.

Presidency is elective position. Its a political position that anyone with right politics can enter.
Even at that, we still have zoning playing out.

Yes European nations have black players in their teams because they have a lot of blacks minorities just like Americans have a lot of minorities.

Nigeria have a lot of tribes, major and minor ones. yet, we have igbos only dominating the national team.. Does that sound fair?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:55am On May 16, 2018
Favor99:
Yea it’s the fukked up world we live in. As Nigerians we should be uniting not dividing. This tribalism stems from the divide and rule the British did during the colonial era and even before that. That’s how all the animosity between the different tribes started. We should be coming together not tearing each other up. Tribalism is definitely not cool or right.
That is just it, tribalism can't help but to foster unity. God that created us into different tribes is not stupid. Our diversity can make us great.
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by enemmo(f): 12:12pm On May 16, 2018
GreenMavro:
wink
I just hope this list no go allow us carry calculator during group stage grin grin

grin grin grin

As usual
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by victorazyvictor(m): 12:13pm On May 16, 2018
balorx:
SHUT THE FAKAP!
Your worth bro !

Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by lahmy: 12:24pm On May 16, 2018
the 30 man squad is still manageable!!
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Bigii(m): 12:32pm On May 16, 2018
Welcomme:

Moses Simon is Yoruba

liar angry

you wan form relationship abi
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Fogman(m): 12:43pm On May 16, 2018
BuhariSelf:
Injured

He made it to Anderlecht bench in there last match, so I expected his name on this list
Re: Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad by Iseoluwani: 12:54pm On May 16, 2018
MDsambo:
Out of the 30-man squad only three boys are from the North (Ahmed Musa, Moses Simone and Abdullahi Shehu). Make us proud boys.

victor Moses too. from southern kaduna

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 / Germany Vs Nigeria: Women World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time / Matthew Wolff Designed The Super Eagles 2018 World Cup Jersey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.