Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial (6733 Views)

What Is The Most Annoying Tv Advert Of 2013 So Far? / The TV Advert That Currently Impresses You? / Ur Worst Tv Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by ifyegede(m): 3:25am On May 24, 2010
I have seen a couple of really dumb TV adverts/ commercials been flashed across d screen on our local Tv channels. I wonfr why companies wud spend their hard earned money on such craps.Top on d list r those of Legend extra stout & Heineken ( d one in which some guys and ladies were just screaming their heads off). What r some of d worst TV ads u hv seen?
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Kennyblues(m): 12:14pm On May 28, 2010
if crap you call the heineken ad am afraid you must be examined grin grin grin grin angry angry angry

Heineken Tv ads is still one of the best if not the best

1 Like

Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Spyker: 12:22pm On May 28, 2010
Worst: Coca Cola (the one the little boy is looking for his celebration)
Best: Heineken (the one where the guy loaded his wardrope with Heineken and his friends were almost in tears while his wife showed her friends round)
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by life4naija: 12:34pm On May 28, 2010
Heineken ADs are the best, then Pepsi ADs are interesting to watch. Omo ADs are miseading - telling you that dirt is good, Coca-Cola ADs are simply beautiful. Saying heineken ads are bad means you are not a football fan or you simply cant see the humour in the ads
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Eeyore(m): 12:38pm On May 28, 2010
The worst commercial of all time has got to be the Lonart Malaria tablets own. As if it wasn't bad enough, they had to bring that refugee-like old man at the end to wail "Malaria e don kpafuka oo, malaria e don kpafuka".

Whoever came up with that contraption deserves to face a catapult firing squad.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by sandee575(f): 12:40pm On May 28, 2010
I like this one where the British father and son joined their German(?) rivals
in a hotel lift on their way to the football match. Its so close to a real life situation.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Youngichou(m): 12:57pm On May 28, 2010
@ porter you dey funny ooo. Na so you verse reach
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by tunde300us(m): 1:09pm On May 28, 2010
I think coca-cola Brrrrrrrrrr, is the worse i have seen, cos i just cant see the link btw coke and the Brrrrrrr tin
Myabe na the toilet rush dem dey talk abt ?
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Meedu(m): 1:15pm On May 28, 2010
the best i have seen lately is the guinness adv, where a man came scouting for player little did he know his driver is right man,  the worst is the glo1 advert were it causes destruction and earthquake where ever it gets.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by eherbal(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2010
That MTN ad is misleading,is their 3g network that fast and reliable?basketmouths advert should be voted worst ad 4 the year.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by maxtop(m): 1:26pm On May 28, 2010
@ poster, if you think that Heineken advert is bad then you need to think twice. Am sure those who really watched the advert will agree with me that it makes some senses. Watched it again,
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by blackmann(m): 1:43pm On May 28, 2010
U guys, have u forgotten that Ambipur lip-sync advert, about those two ladies that entered one agbayaish alhaji's car, and immediately got down and went to another young dude's infiniti? to make matters worse, the sound track too sucked!!! I always change the channel once i see that advert b4 the damn song registers in my brain. that is the worst advert to come out of nigeria in my own books. there are so many more too.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by lanres1(m): 1:47pm On May 28, 2010
I love STERLING BANK'S One Customer Bank advert
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Jcob(m): 1:51pm On May 28, 2010
The fact that you dont understand the message in an advert doesnt make it meaningless. Yes, i agree adverts could be ambiguous but before you conclude, you need watch same ad like 5 times. Companies would continue spending more on ad campaigns because the ROI is still high. Ad should not be seen as  World Wrestling Entertainment, it's all 'bout awareness of new and existing products. The fact you know an ad is worst, means you are obvious of its presence . . . . .and before you say the Lord's prayer, you are already at the store making more purchases. What's the essense of laughing off your stress if you wont order ?
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Oba234: 1:54pm On May 28, 2010
this kenyan commercial

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjOzzBfRKvU[/flash]
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by SeanT21(f): 2:00pm On May 28, 2010
I love all the US army, navy and marines commercial.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Oba234: 2:08pm On May 28, 2010
This is also one of my favorite
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxzhGPrHCKI[/flash]
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by osifred(m): 2:12pm On May 28, 2010
Kennyblues:

if crap you call the heineken ad am afraid you must be examined grin grin grin grin angry angry angry

Heineken Tv ads is still one of the best if not the best
dont mind d poster, heineken ad are mostly my best both on local and foreign channel
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by topkin(m): 2:24pm On May 28, 2010
All these are nothing. . . . Watch adverts on NTA Asaba, Benin. . . . una go vex angry wan break the TV sef! shocked
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by dustydee: 2:37pm On May 28, 2010
ambi pur ad is whacked!
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by dustydee: 2:42pm On May 28, 2010
truely that heinmeken ad is meaningless.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by ilosiwaju: 2:47pm On May 28, 2010
Worst advert? Quite a few. . .
1. All harpic adverts.  embarassed
2. MTN: "mr essien, could you sign my ball for me please". the last scenes confirm how foolish mtn thinks we are.
3. NACA HIV ad featuring pastor adeboye. A man of repute such as adeboye thanking god for being hiv negative is not a good encouragement for people to test. it promoted the man more than the message. bite me!  wink

And the best, yapayasky.
1. I love all formula 1 ads on supersports.
2. The new nike "write the future" campaign.
3. I can remember the lyrics in this(anybody who knows the ad can correct me please). Its a honda advert with a guy and a plain white background and he made the following statement(not word for word, but get the message):
some years ago, a cable-producing company sent a copy of the world's thinnest wire
to their rival as a challenge. Few days later, the rivals returned the same wire. Only this time, they bore a hole through it.
Klassik!

dustydee:

truely that heinmeken ad is meaningless.
maybe you dont always get it.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by obinna5000(m): 3:01pm On May 28, 2010
This MTN commercial

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XCrVW6vZA4[/flash]
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by delegiwa(m): 3:04pm On May 28, 2010
ifyegede:

I have seen a couple of really dumb TV adverts/ commercials been flashed across d screen on our local Tv channels. I wonfr why companies wud spend their hard earned money on such craps.Top on d list r those of Legend extra stout & Heineken ( d one in which some guys and ladies were just screaming their heads off)[color=#990000][/color]. What r some of d worst TV ads u hv seen?

My guy, if you say that Heineken advert no make sense, then you shouldn't be in NL (1) and shouldn't be talking about adverts (2). No offence meant.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by delegiwa(m): 3:20pm On May 28, 2010
But guys,

Does anyone remember one Glo advert were people from d/f races were preparing to do a race, someone help me out. I still trip for that advert even though Glo killed it very soon.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Oba234: 3:21pm On May 28, 2010
SeanT21:

I love all the US army, navy and marines commercial.

I gotta agree with you. The US marines always have nice commercials
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by obinna5000(m): 3:22pm On May 28, 2010
The Heineken "Walk in Fridge" commercial makes perfect sense.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIutgtzwhAc[/flash]
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by ayo84(m): 3:24pm On May 28, 2010
worst adverts are nigerian adverts on nta,i remember one malaria drug advert on national tv, it was outrageous.
i can't remember the name of the drug
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by teeluv(m): 3:31pm On May 28, 2010
im sure it was dt stupid LONART advert,

love heineken walk in fridge commercial,
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by NET1(m): 3:49pm On May 28, 2010
Oba234:

this kenyan commercial

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjOzzBfRKvU[/flash]
@ oba234,

The first time I saw that AD, I was wowed. I enjoyed the old man in the car who got impatient with the whole scenario and almost "killed" his Car Horn.

funny ad though.
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Oba234: 3:50pm On May 28, 2010
@Obinna, that commercial is hillarious
Re: Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial by Fancier(f): 3:56pm On May 28, 2010
All these are nothing. . . . Watch adverts on NTA Asaba, Benin. . . . una go vex Angry wan break the TV sef! Shocked

This is not funny at all , Xperience is d best teacher as we all agree but d xperience with worst advert on NTA Benin ahhhhh i hope u guys will not

xperience it because u will consider d worst on Lagos stations d best then, It is best u dont switch on ur TV set when u are in that state xcept u have a DSTV else, hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

B.M.F Tv Series Where Can I Download This Series Movie? / Nollywood Script Writer: Screenplay From Nollywood; How To Write And Sell It / What Movie's Poster Is Your Favourite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.