Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

"Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man (17120 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 11:44pm On May 16, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
you obviously haven't worked for a foreign boss
he just talking nonesense cos he knows once he mention foreign y'all will stop thinking
Do not ever again seek notice on my page.
Rubbish!
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by sunbilor(m): 5:05am On May 17, 2018
shamecurls:
Work for Chinese, Lebanes or Indian company and you will agree that Nigerians are better off.
Those ones are very dangerous. I'm currently working with a Chinese/Nigerian partnership firm. No be small thing I dey see.
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by obua: 10:53am On May 17, 2018
CastedAyo:
A Nigerian man on Twitter identified as Wole Odeyele is of the opinion that foreign bosses treat their employees better than Nigerian bosses.

Read his reasons;
"In my entire career, All foreign bosses respect weekends and after work hours.

In my experience, its only Nigerian bosses and HR that would try to price your wages down like slave drivers.

Foreign HR and Bosses are more concerned with paying you a fair wage to ensure you are well motivated

In my experience, foreign employers are less concerned with the appearance of work and more concerned with the content of work, so they allow flexibility in work hours and locations.

Nigerian employers stick with the traditional 8-5, and demand physical presence.

In my experience, foreign bosses aren't concerned about titles and ranks and try to create structures that are flat where everyone can collaborate with anyone.

Nigerian bosses are very hierarchical and you're most talk to your boss, who talks to his boss and he to his boss.

In my experience, foreign employers encourage open dialogs. Every decision can be questioned, challenged and reevaluated.

Nigerian employers are military styled. Questioning an instruction is considered insubordination and queries are issued like meal tickets

In my experience, foreign employers try to ensure profit sharing affects all employees. Everyone rises together or falls together.

Nigerian employers like to keep the juice at the very top and it won't trickle down. Even your annual bonus is questionable.

I promised myself never to work with non-multinationals again. We are incredibly close minded and shallow in our work styles.

I sometimes think our fellow country men are our own worst enemy in the workplace."

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/only-nigerian-bosses-make-it-seem-okay-for-you-to-work-on-weekends-man-see-why.html

most Naija businesses are small and young businesses which are still struggling. You can't be comparing apple with orange. Set up your own business and run it like the so called " foreign companies!
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:56am On May 18, 2018
flyca:

Do not ever again seek notice on my page.
Rubbish!
do not ever settle notice I a public forum.rubbish
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 1:40am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
do not ever settle notice I a public forum.rubbish
If you lack comprehension skills, go back to primary school. Don't always try to be an undue hero with silly mentions. Now gerrrout!
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:08am On May 18, 2018
flyca:

If you lack comprehension skills, go back to primary school. Don't always try to be an undue hero with silly mentions. Now gerrrout!
paskor
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 2:23am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
paskor
Whorrrrrrrrrefa! tongue
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:41am On May 18, 2018
flyca:

Whorrrrrrrrrefa! tongue
if you think you're a who're, OK
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 3:55am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
if you think you're a who're, OK
If you think you're ga.y with leaking ass, OK
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:26am On May 18, 2018
flyca:

If you think you're ga.y with leaking ass, OK
painment. next time think before talking
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 4:31am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
painment. next time think before talking
Annoyment! Next time, don't quote to seek attention tongue
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:47am On May 18, 2018
flyca:

Annoyment! Next time, don't quote to seek attention tongue
I'm not that jobless
I quote to correct ignorance spreading
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 4:59am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
I'm not that jobless
I quote to correct ignorance spreading
How can ignorance correct ignorance if not joblessness? And hoplessness? Mucheche mucheche cheesy
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:09am On May 18, 2018
flyca:

How can ignorance correct ignorance if not joblessness? And hoplessness? Mucheche mucheche cheesy
SMH
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 5:32am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
SMH
SMH too
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 6:26am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
SMH
This one you are awake by this time of the day, you likely don't live in Nigeria. If so, is your foreign lecturer/boss a witch? undecided Maybe you are in a country more terrible than Nigeria. Are you in Libya? Well, when we say "foreign", we don't mean to include you. Sorry grin
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:30am On May 18, 2018
flyca:

SMH too
jsmh
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:37am On May 18, 2018
flyca:

This one you are awake by this time of the day, you likely don't live in Nigeria. If so, is your foreign lecturer/boss a witch? undecided Maybe you are in a country more terrible than Nigeria. Are you in Libya? Well, when we say "foreign", we don't mean to include you. Sorry grin
was ur point
do it sound like your golden masters
continue doing yourself you here
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 7:02am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
was ur point
do it sound like your golden masters
continue doing yourself you here
Answer me angry
Where are you?, Mr Correction-fluid undecided
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:13am On May 18, 2018
flyca:

Answer me angry
see d blindness we're talking
can't you see I'm on Nairaland
Where are you?, Mr Correction-fluid undecided
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by flyca: 7:17am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
a
Answer me! angry
I know your type ITK! cheesy
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:46pm On May 18, 2018
flyca:

Answer me! angry
I know your type ITK! cheesy
Are you blind.
So you know you don't know anything.
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by sweetilicious(f): 8:41am On May 19, 2018
flyca:
Replace "Bosses" with "Lecturers" and you'll still get the same answer.

Foreign Bosses are not concerned about titles, ranks etc ..... very true.
Foreign Bosses are not concerned about your dressing ..... very true.

In fact, he spoke the undiluted truth!
Nigeria is what it is - HECTIC!
What can we do?
Re: "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man by kanubiafra: 10:13am On May 20, 2018
[quote author]=A Nigerian man on Twitter identified as Wole Odeyele is of the opinion that foreign bosses treat their employees better than Nigerian bosses.

Read his reasons;
[i]"In my entire career, All foreign bosses respect weekends and after work hours.

In my experience, its only Nigerian bosses and HR that would try to price your wages down like slave drivers.

Foreign HR and Bosses are more concerned with paying you a fair wage to ensure you are well motivated

In my experience, foreign employers are less concerned with the appearance of work and more concerned with the content of work, so they allow flexibility in work hours and locations.

Nigerian employers stick with the traditional 8-5, and demand physical presence.

In my experience, foreign bosses aren't concerned about titles and ranks and try to create structures that are flat where everyone can collaborate wi
Nigerian bosses are very hierarchical and you're most talk to your boss,[/quote] ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inspector Usman Kadiri Dies Mysteriously 12 Hours After Promotion In Ondo / Female Bosses / Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.