Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car (12279 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car / How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by maxiuc(m): 7:44am On May 17, 2018
cheesy
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by BRAINZBox(m): 7:48am On May 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Ogbeni this is simply what happens when you use money from Yahooplus to buy a car.

Even the Fire Department of New York (FDNY)'s best firetrucks can't put it off let alone those Naija 1500 handheld fire-extinguishers that have 12years expiry period.

I bet that car was eventually razed.
Either way, it will go back the same way it was gotten.
Say no to a life of rituals, fraud, yahoo-yahoo, yahooplus and you'd never experience such.

And this is the kind of comment you make when you do 10MB to disturb nairaland and could not watch the video dey asked you to watch.

cheesy cheesy

Yahooplus ní yahootimes kor
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by lonelydora: 7:49am On May 17, 2018
did i just see a FRSC car nearby and they couldn't help?

Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by obailala(m): 8:02am On May 17, 2018
Kaii... which kind of person shot this useless video?... How could he abruptly stop the video at the most important point whrn we wanted to see what happened?... How are we so sure the final extinguisher could stop the flames?
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by Google63(m): 8:03am On May 17, 2018
lonelydora:
it was an FRSC guy that eventually helped. Watch the video to the end

2 Likes

Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by obailala(m): 8:03am On May 17, 2018
lonelydora:
I thought i saw that too grin I guess they didn't have a functional extunguisher too.

Modified:
Okay I just watched a second time, I think it was an FRSC guy who eventually came with an extinguisher. I guess he waited a bit to teach the guys a lesson on the importance of having one. grin

2 Likes

Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by Tapout(m): 8:29am On May 17, 2018
xreal:
Useless road safety corps were at the scene and couldn't help.

watch the video again... The person with the fire extinguisher is a road safety corps member.

1 Like

Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by MikeyOkeke: 8:39am On May 17, 2018
How come car owners abroad don’t carry fire extinguishers Simple, they have full confidence in their Fire Service Departments; to respond promptly to fire incidents!

The only reason I carry fire extinguisher in my car is to avoid Police and Road Safety wahala. I’d rather run as far as possible from a burning car than to locate a fire extinguisher and try to put out the fire!

We should task our Fire Service Departments to respond promptly instead of encouraging citizens to risk their lives trying to quench fire incidents.
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by Nobody: 9:52am On May 17, 2018
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by Aldebaran(m): 11:44am On May 17, 2018
Nice
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by temmym4(m): 12:25pm On May 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Ogbeni this is simply what happens when you use money from Yahooplus to buy a car.

Even the Fire Department of New York (FDNY)'s best firetrucks can't put it off let alone those Naija 1500 handheld fire-extinguishers that have 12years expiry period.

That video is incomplete, I bet that car was eventualljy razed.
Either way, it will go back the same way it was gotten.
Say no to a life of rituals, fraud, yahoo-yahoo, yahooplus and you'd never experience such.

You took the words right out of my mouth brother. U are so on point.

1 Like

Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by mechanics(m): 12:50pm On May 17, 2018
that fine car, eyah, he has to think of bringing it back to shape.
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by viewflux(m): 1:14pm On May 17, 2018
lonelydora:

you saw rightly, it is a road safety corp vehicle. they do not have fire extinguish but will be disturbing motorist for one. Non Sense

1 Like

Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by hardayemmie(m): 2:51pm On May 17, 2018
Thank God for the fire extinguisher .... That's why is good to insure your car for unforseen contingency....
Contact me for all kinds of insurance ... @ Great Nigeria Insurance PLC, Call Direct Sales Marketer, Odusina Adeyemi Sodiq now on 08093543519.
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by iukpe: 7:37am On May 18, 2018
The few first seconds to first moments after you discover a fire is very important. Without a fire extinghusher, the bigger fire cannot be set out but if you understand how to deal with a fire you will raise an alarm and make use of the first moments in the emergency.

This fire started from the electricals of this vehicle around the battery, no one made a big deal attempt to open the engine compartment before perhaps the cable got jammed.

Thank God another extinguisher arrived it could have been a big loss, besides you still need to get to the source of the heat to really extinguish the flames.

Some lazy auto electricians can cause this problems when they splice your cables especially the heavy current cables, connecting head lamps or radiator cooling fans. Then they simply make loose connections that can heat up and ignite other materials around it.

Say 'NO' to auto electricians who want to override or bypass your radiator fan switch with relays other than fixing the faulty relay or solid state switches.

Some of them do not understand the delay or thermostat control that operates the vehicle fans in today's cars.
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by laluski(m): 11:31am On May 18, 2018
iukpe:
The few first seconds to first moments after you discover a fire is very important. Without a fire extinghusher, the bigger fire cannot be set out but if you understand how to deal with a fire you will raise an alarm and make use of the first moments in the emergency.

This fire started from the electricals of this vehicle around the battery, no one made a big deal attempt to open the engine compartment before perhaps the cable got jammed.

Thank God another extinguisher arrived it could have been a big loss, besides you still need to get to the source of the heat to really extinguish the flames.

Some lazy auto electricians can cause this problems when they splice your cables especially the heavy current cables, connecting head lamps or radiator cooling fans. Then they simply make loose connections that can heat up and ignite other materials around it.

Say 'NO' to auto electricians who want to override or bypass your radiator fan switch with relays other than fixing the faulty relay or solid state switches.

Some of them do not understand the delay or thermostat control that operates the vehicle fans in today's cars.

Good one.I was wondering what could have started such fire in a Camry.tnx bro
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 18, 2018
laluski:

Good one.I was wondering what could have started such fire in a Camry.tnx bro

check this link
https://www.nairaland.com/4413882/car-got-completely-burnt-overnight
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by sonety2k(m): 1:19am On May 19, 2018
Fire Extinguisher Is important in all Home too
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by VehicleUnit: 2:40pm On May 19, 2018
prevention is always better and adviseable than cure, hence the need for fire extinguisher in every vehicles on the nigerian road.

1 Share

Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by Commonsense101(m): 3:21am On May 20, 2018
Ayemileto:

They used fire extinguisher, it wasn't enough. Maybe you should watch the video again.
I tire o. The residue is clearly visible on the hood of the car. One of the guys is even seen holding and later discarding it.

The content/ compound might be expired tho.
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by afos002: 5:21pm On May 21, 2018
autojosh:
Fire extinguisher is an important tool you need to keep in your car always as you don’t know when you might need it.

A Toyota Camry caught fire (reasons unknown) and all effort to put off the fire was fruitless until someone had to run to get a fire extinguisher to put off the fire.

So if you don’t have a fire extinguisher, buy one today or you get one from our Autojosh Auto Shop.

Kindly watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SymbitWn-5o

https://autojosh.com/toyota-camry-fire-extinguisher/

Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by Besto(m): 8:32pm On May 21, 2018
Same thing happened to me just 2 days back.

Funny enough I bought a new fire extinguisher before my trip only for shit to happen. New fire extinguisher no gree work, now i'm left with 250 k damage.
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by Kuanku: 12:47am On May 31, 2018
Yes, a good fire extinguisher should be in every car, it can greatly help in case of emergency, even safe one's life. One shouldn't save on this.
Re: This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car by emeijeh(m): 7:54pm On May 31, 2018
blank:
Also learn how to use it!

I heard a gist of someone who threw the fire extinguisher at the fire like Erisco Bonpet. Remember PASS:

P Pull the pin.

A Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire. Hitting the top of the flame with the extinguisher won't be effective.

S Squeeze the trigger. In a controlled manner, squeeze the trigger to release the agent.

S Sweep the nozzle from side to side until the fire is put out.

Thanks for this info,
I appreciate

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Take Good Care Of Your Tires / See How Much Water Is Trapped In Your Car After Driving Through Flooded Areas / Why Do People Hate Ford So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.