Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

"Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo (39742 Views)

Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? / Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by CodeTemplar: 7:25pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:

Well if they try that, the churches can easily centralise all their income in the US where Churches are exempted by law to pay tax. The foreign income from foreign stations would be diverted to USA and the Church reserves will also relocate to a more friendlier country. That I believe can hurt the Nigerian economy...(I tell you, if winners moves her reserves away from Nigeria at once, the bank holding the money will feel it)

They can lay hands on the offerings from Nigeria, but churches could make it harder for them by convincing members to pay online and route it to foreign accounts.

Now All that is assuming Govt can pass the legislation. But the rate at which Pentecostalism is growing and gaining representation in Govt. It would only become harder as the years goes by.

But then sef Winners pays taxes in other countries so no shaking. And Oyedepo has said the church is willing to pay taxes in Nigeria as long as the Muslims(Mosques) are included. Although he still makes a good point that canaanland provides its own water, electricity, road, schools, security etc so what is govt taxing them for exactly, especially since members already paid tax of the income they are tithing...

Personally I would forever stand against TAXATION of churches, the Anglicans, Ecwas, Baptist, Methodist are not as funded as the LFC, Christ embassy of this world. In the event of taxation it is the Orthodox they would catch, much of the Pentecostals can easily avoid because of their foreign stations.

I have always stood for the bold. even on Nairaland. Govt shouldn't be taxing a section of the populace for the sake of their beliefs and income magnitude alone.

1 Like

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by opobo007: 7:27pm On May 16, 2018
Who does the the Redeem church pay it's tithes to and which church is paying Winners chapel as well. Government needs to investigate this churches. I smell money laundering between this churches
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by CodeTemplar: 7:30pm On May 16, 2018
shamecurls:

They were brain washed to give forcefully, like you don't know how they empire with threats and promising them that era never lack.

Go to shiloh and see poverty sticker lots sleeping on fields and bathing in shanties in the name of prosperity.

Brainwashing is the tool
Did the church also brainwash the members in attending the Shiloh gathering?

You need to learn how to respect peoples opinion and stop tagging them brainwashed individuals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by jesuchristi: 7:33pm On May 16, 2018
The people that love Oyedepo pass those wey hate the man.Na jealousy and African black belle dey worry them.Na God dey help them.

3 Likes

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by omotuntun: 7:36pm On May 16, 2018
seguno2:

Good question.
The money for our education, electricity, roads, railways are there.

This is so sad. Sometimes when I am in my church every time here, they give reference to the Bible and teach to the extend that you will feel it in your heart that you are in good communication with God, they never preach on tithes and offerings.

They make everything so open that you give according to your heart, no one tell you things will be tight for you if you don't pay. Sometimes I ask myself if what we practice back home is even Christianity.

So sad really sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by shamecurls(m): 7:36pm On May 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Did the church also brainwash the members in attending the Shiloh gathering?

You need to learn how to respect peoples opinion and stop tagging them brainwashed individuals.

Hello, this businessmen are very brilliant. They use religion to brainwash you just like the sole purpose the west used it for to brainwash Africans.

Telling you they are men of God and go type have the keys to the gate of he'll and drove from ore to Lagos on empty tank.

Anyways, it's only for the gullible who has failed to think. I service there programmes and I weep for there members in pitiable state. If you want to see zombies, go to the programmes and you will be amazed lots have been programmed.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Pavarottii(m): 7:44pm On May 16, 2018
seguno2:

How many primary and secondary schools are built and run by the Catholic Church?
How many by Winners?
Relative to their wealth
Forget all these things , the school sef is business.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Smarkie: 7:44pm On May 16, 2018
waiting for daddy freeze to air his view on this
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Ukarakpa2019: 7:49pm On May 16, 2018
What have we transformed the Christian faith to. Is it all about money. I think the so called men of God should review their claimed "call" by doing self examination and seeking God's face for direction. Real men of God concentrate on the spiritual growth of their members while the financial aspect of the populace should be left for financial expert. Stop sending wrong signals all ye "men" of God, Christianity us not a business school or an enterprise or even MMM. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by CodeTemplar: 7:50pm On May 16, 2018
shamecurls:

Hello, this businessmen are very brilliant. They use religion to brainwash you just like the sole purpose the west used it for to brainwash Africans.

Telling you they are men of God and go type have the keys to the gate of he'll and drove from ore to Lagos on empty tank.

Anyways, it's only for the gullible who has failed to think. I service there programmes and I weep for there members in pitiable state. If you want to see zombies, go to the programmes and you will be amazed lots have been programmed.
Your are not making a bit of. sense. Christians tithe, Muslims pay zakat even atheists pay tax to the government. So attacking pastors for voluntary exchange of money is dumb of you. Learn to respect peoples opinion and stop talking what you know not.

2 Likes

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by firebaby(f): 7:51pm On May 16, 2018
TheNazarene:
And I will be one of your tithers in billions... grin
Amen and me too...i claim this as well In Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by lobell: 7:56pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:
And I can attest that in January of 2011 Winners Chapel paid 1.5 Billion naira in Tithe to RCCG for the month. Assuming the size of the January Tithe was not a surge due to Shiloh sacrifice. That puts Winners Tithe to RCCG at 1.5 billion x 12months = 18 billion. 18 billion x 10 = 180billion naira annual income. If this is a true reflection of the financial state of Winners Chapel. It means winners chapel is wealthier than Ekiti, Ebonyi and Yobe put together and even wealthier than all south western state except Lagos(only IGR).

It is not unusual though for this kind money to be in one church, the catholic church is wealthier than the top 3 corporations in the world combined with an annual expenditure of $174Billion.

With this amount, Winners has no excuse for the poor way Nigeria is being run. That money could be used to change the country, one LGA at a time. Install God-fearing leaders and see the nation prosper.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by seunoj: 7:57pm On May 16, 2018
Yet no free school is offered. Even our Canadian bound friends rely on free catholic schools for their children. Nigerian churches na to acquire and boast about it. Yeye dey smell
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by shamecurls(m): 8:02pm On May 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Your are not making a bit of. sense. Christians tithe, Muslims pay zakat even atheists pay tax to the government. So attacking pastors for voluntary exchange of money is dumb of you. Learn to respect peoples opinion and stop talking what you know not.

Remove the word "voluntary" Stop covering up what you know. You work for them? I see this lots every December for the past 5years. I hear there sermons and see how glued they are to the doctrine. Some even believe in giving there last penny based on the well packaged sermon of the pastor.

Am not a prophet, but I see people locked into a doctrine. Imagine someone travelling from Kano to Sango cos of church programme, will you say that person is psychological stable?

The conmen are brilliant and I must give it to them. Takes a lot of skill to brainwash multitudes that even when you tell them you jumped off a flying aircraft en route Abuja to come be with them, they will always believe you.

It's a programme majority can't get out off. I main someone called himself God and has multitudes as members. He is a good orator. Good at talking and programming mind's
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 16, 2018
OfficialRasheed:
I weep for all the Igbos enriching these Yoruba pastors.
Who tells you that IBO people visit Pentecostal Churches? They only troop to Catholic Church on Sunday where the practice is 'sadura nsami' i.e. short prayer, short response method. Shikena.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Texas042: 8:04pm On May 16, 2018
For heaven's sake, who is laying emphasis on the state of our soul and it's eternal fate. Money here, money there. There are ways that seems right unto a man but the end leads to destruction. Be wise for the end is here and dangerous and the spirit of money is stronger than ever enslaving and ensnaring men.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by HigherEd: 8:05pm On May 16, 2018
Ukarakpa2019:
What have we transformed the Christian faith to. Is it all about money. I think the so called men of God should review their claimed "call" by doing self examination and seeking God's face for direction. Real men of God concentrate on the spiritual growth of their members while the financial aspect of the populace should be left for financial expert. Stop sending wrong signals all ye "men" of God, Christianity us not a business school or an enterprise or even MMM. I rest my case
Be intelligent!
Did Oyedepo open a nairaland account to talk about church finance? No, we only took a small part of his message and posted it on nairaland. If we had posted the part where he called for souls to save I am sure you won't have even opened the thread.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by naijalodge(m): 8:05pm On May 16, 2018
Mr arm robber wat av u given to the people in return? Ordinary church auditorium building, you'll still be requesting billion billion donations without taking from the said tithe and u say you're not a thief...continue.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by omoelerin1: 8:08pm On May 16, 2018
It was reported to have once sai.d that he(winners) would soon richer than World Bank and ADB.
Thank God they don't spend money in heaven. And we all have one life to live.
No matter how long we live in this world, we will live longer than that in heaven.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by maninani: 8:09pm On May 16, 2018
I concur with u papa...... money no be problem....... soon we go enter than level......

1 Like

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by vickydevoka(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2018
mosho2good:
THE BURNT MATTRESS AND THE CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE!

My neighbour is a hard working, low income person who works as a clerk in a court while driving his car as taxi in the evenings to earn extra income.

His wife is a petty trader who is not doing too badly but loves to put pressure on the man! She always believed she belonged to a "higher" class than their level of living. Always demanding things that are not needed.

Anyway, one day she fell seriously ill and had to be operated upon after already spending two weeks on admission in the hospital.

The poor husband had spent over N300,000 before the need for operation came up. Now he had to cough out another N84,000! He had nothing, he ran from pillar to post. His wife was dying, he was confused!!

After a delay of two days without being able to raise money, he decided to use his car as a collateral to get loan for his wife's operation. As he was preparing to leave his room, his car keys fell underneath the bed. While trying to search for it, he noticed a bulge at the bottom part of the mattress. On searching it, he discovered N250,000 carefully hidden INSIDE the mattress!!!!

So his wife had money at home all this while that he was running helter skelter! The woman didn't even pity herself! Chei!!

Anyway, the man carefully removed the money; paid the outstanding hospital bill (N84,000) without telling his wife the source of the money!!!

Then, he used N32,000 to purchase a new mattress and burnt the old mattress in the room.

He then prepared 4 different pots of soup and stored them in the fridge awaiting his wife's return home. He pocketed the balance jejely!

A week later the woman was discharged after a successful operation. When she got home, she immediately noticed the new mattress on their bed.

On asking about the old mattress, the man explained to her that there were a lot of insects disturbing the old mattress so he burnt it and bought a new one!

Even his children confirmed that they even helped their father burn the mattress.

It has been over 6 weeks and the women is still crying whenever you see her! Ask her what is causing her tears, she will say "the place they did the operation is still paining her".

The husband too has kept quiet since! Abi, if na you wetin you go do?
woman are naturally stingy. though dats how God made some of dem. De only know how to collect from men dem can never give men
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by farem: 8:29pm On May 16, 2018
OfficialRasheed:
I weep for all the Igbos enriching these Yoruba pastors.

Spiritual werrey!
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by CodeTemplar: 8:30pm On May 16, 2018
shamecurls:

Remove the word "voluntary" Stop covering up what you know. You work for them? I see this lots every December for the past 5years. I hear there sermons and see how glued they are to the doctrine. Some even believe in giving there last penny based on the well packaged sermon of the pastor.

Am not a prophet, but I see people locked into a doctrine. Imagine someone travelling from Kano to Sango cos of church programme, will you say that person is psychological stable?

The conmen are brilliant and I must give it to them. Takes a lot of skill to brainwash multitudes that even when you tell them you jumped off a flying aircraft en route Abuja to come be with them, they will always believe you.

It's a programme majority can't get out off. I main someone called himself God and has multitudes as members. He is a good orator. Good at talking and programming mind's
If a pastor tell you what not scriptural then leave that pastor or his church alone. Pastors can't force you stay except it is diabolical and that kind of individual isn't a pastor by moral standing. Stop making childish assumptions.

1 Like

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by chendstone01(m): 8:33pm On May 16, 2018
IN FELA voice MONEY MAKING ORGANIZATION

Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money. CHURCH nor go kill us

Religion is like a pair of shoes.....Find one that fits for you, but don't make me wear your shoes.

Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:
'As a church, we started paying tithes when we were worth less than 1 million naira a year; we are now in the billions; very soon, we shall bé hitting the trillions'

Dr David Oyedepo

https://www.facebook.com/Churchgist.org/posts/1345218818955319

Its all about the money.Yahoo plus boys paying each other tithe to foooool the foools that contribute the money.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:

Well if they try that, the churches can easily centralise all their income in the US where Churches are exempted by law to pay tax. The foreign income from foreign stations would be diverted to USA and the Church reserves will also relocate to a more friendlier country. That I believe can hurt the Nigerian economy...(I tell you, if winners moves her reserves away from Nigeria at once, the bank holding the money will feel it)

They can lay hands on the offerings from Nigeria, but churches could make it harder for them by convincing members to pay online and route it to foreign accounts.

Now All that is assuming Govt can pass the legislation. But the rate at which Pentecostalism is growing and gaining representation in Govt. It would only become harder as the years goes by.

But then sef Winners pays taxes in other countries so no shaking. And Oyedepo has said the church is willing to pay taxes in Nigeria as long as the Muslims(Mosques) are included. Although he still makes a good point that canaanland provides its own water, electricity, road, schools, security etc so what is govt taxing them for exactly, especially since members already paid tax of the income they are tithing...

Personally I would forever stand against TAXATION of churches, the Anglicans, Ecwas, Baptist, Methodist are not as funded as the LFC, Christ embassy of this world. In the event of taxation it is the Orthodox they would catch, much of the Pentecostals can easily avoid because of their foreign stations.

What govt should focus on is to collaborate with the churches so as to maximally gain from them. Create Joint schools with the church, joint hospitals with the church, joint rehabs, joint orphanages etc and look for ways religious tourism could benefit businesses. If Nigeria is of religious value then exploit it rather than bickering. The likes of Isreal, Saudi are making billions of dollars from the religious value of their countries.Nigeria should focus on this rather than focus on attacking them because it won't work.
Lol, friendlier countries indeed. You think your god oyedepo stand America audits he will sell all his plans asap and run back to Nigeria nonsense.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Christafarian(m): 8:41pm On May 16, 2018
omotuntun:
Wondering how many people legitimately earn such amount to pay such...

This is so sad. Sometimes when I am in my church every time here, they give reference to the Bible and teach to the extend that you will feel it in your heart that you are in good communication with God, they never preach on tithes and offerings.

They make everything so open that you give according to your heart, no one tell you things will be tight for you if you don't pay. Sometimes I ask myself if what we practice back home is even Christianity.

So sad really sad.
Deeply reflective.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by Malakh: 8:42pm On May 16, 2018
That's simply because she makes dirty money, money from Italian Mafia'a, Jesuits, she makes money from confessions from the mafia when they make a hit and the Pope requires a ransom from them for the forgiveness of their sins, tithes are also included, she makes dirty and blood money, I'm talking about the Catholic Church and her daughter Xtianty.
Revelation 17:4 KJVS
And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
John the Revelator already prophesied that this Harlot of a Christian and a Catholic would be very rich, it doesn't surprise or amaze us the Elect of Yah, the True Church
HigherEd:
And I can attest that in January of 2011 Winners Chapel paid 1.5 Billion naira in Tithe to RCCG for the month. Assuming the size of the January Tithe was not a surge due to Shiloh sacrifice. That puts Winners Tithe to RCCG at 1.5 billion x 12months = 18 billion. 18 billion x 10 = 180billion naira annual income. If this is a true reflection of the financial state of Winners Chapel. It means winners chapel is wealthier than Ekiti, Ebonyi and Yobe put together and even wealthier than all south western state except Lagos(only IGR).

It is not unusual though for this kind money to be in one church, the catholic church is wealthier than the top 3 corporations in the world combined with an annual expenditure of $174Billion.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by back2sender: 8:44pm On May 16, 2018
Mormon God in control of churches.
Can you imagine paying tithes in trillions and not winning souls in trillions.
No difference between politicians and pastor's
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by kareemkamil(m): 8:46pm On May 16, 2018
When we Nigerian's learn, this guy called Oyedepo is train thief. Big theif.
Re: "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo by AngelicBeing: 8:52pm On May 16, 2018
HigherEd:

cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is Your Best Gospel Songs And Artists? / Catholic Bishops, Parishioners Protest Killing Of Nigerians In Abuja / Oprah Winfrey Opens Church, Founds Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.