Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake (4941 Views)

What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake / Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job / Saudi Arabia & China For Christ, Apostle Johnson Suleman Takes Crusade To Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by lightblazingnow(m): 4:44pm On May 16, 2018
1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; 4:12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: 4:13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day. 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Did you read the suffering of the apostles??, Their minds were made up long time ago, you are never going to stop them back to be led by the rudiments of the world.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Very clear that you are not incharge, not,a spirit called the Prince of the power of the air, chief deciever, which have decieved the nations not to honour the King of kings and lord of lords is in control of that system, the world pattern, the world haven't seen the Holy Spirit before, don't know him personally,

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Ephesians continue....

2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Here we think we have ourselves, and then the under knowledge, you are under a spell from the father of liar's. You have never met the way, the truth and the life you think you are alive, oh how you missed him. Yes, you really missed, and never fellowshipped with the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

I doubt it if folks read their Bible with faith, I mean they really believe what they are reading. This kind of words makes you another kind of being if you accept it as he said, tell the word of God Almighty" I believe you, everytime you speak I want to obey, I want to love you ". And you'd find that the word of God Almighty will lead you and guild you even in decision making. Your mind will be conditioned on rest from worries, from all the lies in the world.

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Wow, it can only get better you know. Your future how Glorious it is, what is ahead is far too great than what is going on now. Look forward, try to look, fight to hear from the word of God Almighty, he is risen. He appeared to his disciples.

Matthew 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 28:7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you. 28:8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word. 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him. 28:10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

You shall see him again

Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

Don't doubt, don't be the one to fulfill the word doubt

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by lightblazingnow(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2018
Amen
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by lightblazingnow(m): 10:46pm On May 16, 2018
Surely
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by IamTheAnswers: 4:50am On May 17, 2018
Thanks
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by lightblazingnow(m): 9:09am On May 17, 2018
I love the lord God Almighty
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by lightblazingnow(m): 8:05am On May 20, 2018
Be free
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by lightblazingnow(m): 1:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Amen
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by lightblazingnow(m): 7:56am On Sep 02, 2018
Yea
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:14am On Sep 02, 2018
JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by Bombiday(m): 8:14am On Sep 02, 2018
Facepalm
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by Zodiac61(m): 8:34am On Sep 02, 2018
And this is really sophisticated theology in action.
Full of meaningless comments, meant to bury the fact that it means nothing.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by Benekruku(m): 9:36am On Sep 02, 2018
lightblazingnow:
I love the lord God Almighty

Who are you telling?

Thought it should be a personal conviction
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by MooreJozo(m): 9:42am On Sep 02, 2018
hmm
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by EternalBeing: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2018
Gu
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by EternalBeing: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2018
Self don't truly care about other people's Souls till self has been lost into Christ for Him to control permanently. JESUS had to appear to Peter twice and asked him: "Peter, do you love me more than these(food, houses, money, worldliness)? Then, feed my flock" You are said to have lost your Soul for CHRIST's sake when your major focus in Life is preparing yours and other people's Souls to live forever through YEHSHUA HaMashiach LORD. The original plan of ALMIGHTY CREATOR is for us live forever but HE decided to give and test us with this short life to see how we'll use it first. Those that use this Life to do His Will shall surely Live.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by OyinO: 10:15am On Sep 02, 2018
i thought Nesus was killed and lost himself for christians or humanity so that they will live forever? Why are they now losing themselves for him again? Then he shouldn't have been killed for their sake.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by sKeetz(m): 10:16am On Sep 02, 2018
Same regurgitated meaningless horse shît been fed to zombies every Sunday. Religion is a joke.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by studentofTruth: 10:36am On Sep 02, 2018
EternalBeing:
Self don't truly care about other people's Souls till self has been lost into Christ for Him to control permanently. JESUS had to appear to Peter twice and asked him: "Peter, do you love me more than these(food, houses, money, worldliness)? Then, feed my flock" You are said to have lost your Soul for CHRIST's sake when your major focus in Life is preparing yours and other people's Souls to live forever through YEHSHUA HaMashiach LORD. The original plan of ALMIGHTY CREATOR is for us live forever but HE decided to give and test us with this short life to see how we'll use it first. Those that use this Life to do His Will shall surely Live.

"......but HE decided to give and test us with this short life to see how we'll use it first....."

By this you imply that He doesn't know the future and so His knowledge is limited. That's why He has to test and see first....(a sort of trial and error).

By that you just denied His Almighty status and His omni-scient, potent and present attributes.

it's better to say we don't know than try to explain what we don't fully understand
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by studentofTruth: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2018
OyinO:
i thought Nesus was killed and lost himself for christians or humanity so that they will live forever? Why are they now losing themselves for him again? Then he shouldn't have been killed for their sake.

Jesus coming on earth and His death on the cross was to form a Bridge between God and man (Divine and Human). He does not do the "Walking" for man. Man must do the "walk" themselves. Man must use the bridge himself.
Yes the bridge has been provided for by Jesus, it's mans duty to make use of the bridge to crossover and that my brother is a work of a lifetime. With every "thought", "words", "actions", and "inaction" of man in his lifetime, he's either walking on the "bridge" towards his destination (with almost inevitable minor bumps & slumps & delays on the way) Or he's off the bridge entirely and will remain forever separated from his destination.
Yours is to make sure you're walking on the bridge.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by studentofTruth: 11:59am On Sep 02, 2018
Back to Op.

To loose yourself for Christ doesn't mean you're doing Christ a favour or that you're sacrificing something for Christ. No, you're only doing yourself a favour.
It means NOT HAVING TOO MANY ATTACHMENTS while you walk on that "bridge"(as explained above) so that you don't loose yourself balance and fall off from the bridge.

Remember that "the bridge is narrow". It's Strong but it's narrow. You have to walk on that narrow bridge to reach your destination. Do everything to be on that bridge including loosing anything you're inordinately attached to.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by xcelentattitude(m): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
sKeetz:
Same regurgitated meaningless horse shît been fed to zombies every Sunday. Religion is a joke.

You are correct! But do you think they are talking about religion here? No, they are talking about CHRIST. A true Christian is not first of all a religious freak instead he is a disciple of Christ. All am saying is that, don't mix a Christian up with Sunday Sunday church goers who go about collecting bribes and doing other unimaginable things. He just can't do it.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by xcelentattitude(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2018
Self is the greatest enemy a Christian can have. The greatest victory a Christian can have is that overcoming the flesh(self).
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by webtutorr: 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
May the almight God be praised forever in the whole universe and may his goodness flows in my life and entire family in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by xendra: 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
Benekruku:

Who are you telling?

Thought it should be a personal conviction
See the reason the world keeps going bad.
But if you want to talk about your romance or escapade it is not personal. therealhippocrates
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by OyinO: 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
studentofTruth:

Jesus coming on earth and His death on the cross was to form a Bridge between God and man (Divine and Human). He does not do the "Walking" for man. Man must do the "walk" themselves. Man must use the bridge himself.
Yes the bridge has been provided for by Jesus, it's mans duty to make use of the bridge to crossover and that my brother is a work of a lifetime. With every "thought", "words", "actions", and "inaction" of man in his lifetime, he's either walking on the "bridge" towards his destination (with almost inevitable minor bumps & slumps & delays on the way) Or he's off the bridge entirely and will remain forever separated from his destination.
Yours is to make sure you're walking on the bridge.
Jesus was killed by 3 nails of Roman soldiers for uproar, blashphemy, teaching against Mosaic Laws and for calling himself King of the Jews. His killers never said they killed him for the sins of the world. And if he was killed for the sins of the world, why is there still sin, sickness and death? Then his death is meaningless to mankind.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by Zodiac61(m): 7:16am On Sep 03, 2018
xcelentattitude:

You are correct! But do you think they are talking about religion here? No, they are talking about CHRIST. A true Christian is not first of all a religious freak instead he is a disciple of Christ. All am saying is that, don't mix a Christian up with Sunday Sunday church goers who go about collecting bribes and doing other unimaginable things. He just can't do it.
Another one who delibrately fails to understand that the emperor really has no clothes.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by studentofTruth: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
OyinO:

Jesus was killed by 3 nails of Roman soldiers for uproar, blashphemy, teaching against Mosaic Laws and for calling himself King of the Jews. His killers never said they killed him for the sins of the world. And if he was killed for the sins of the world, why is there still sin, sickness and death? Then his death is meaningless to mankind.

My dear I love your question. I understand your confusion... it stems from pastors' confusion on that statement..."it is finished". But if you really understood my "bridge" analogy, you will understand that Christ's death does not mean that sin and "evil" will no longer exist on earth.

"it's finished" means "it's completed". it means that He has completed His work. It means the "bridge has been built". Put in another way, it means "the work of building the bridge has been completed". So humans can now get to their destination... Heaven. However, it doesn't mean Human will automatically be transported to their destination. Each and every individual must transport himself via that bridge to his destination. The journey to his destination via that bridge is a lifetime process with may bumps and delays (personal sins) on the way. So every thought, word, action and inaction of man determines if he's accelerating or decelerating during his journey on the bridge OR IF he has TOTALLY fallen off the bridge.

Another analogy:
Christ bought a ticket to heaven for us, Having the ticket does not take us to the plane and starting our journey. Each individual has to do that himself. Having the ticket does not mean we can't loose it(personal sins) or fall into mud(personal sins) with it such that the mud cover our name on the ticket completely rendering it useless until it's washed clean and our name become legible.

Yet another analogy. this one was used by Christ himself. Christ death opened the gate to heaven. prior to Christ coming and death, the gate was closed. His death opened the gate. But opening the gate doesn't mean automatic entry. You must strive to enter through that gate.
("It's finished" means the gate has been opened, it's now left for humans to strive to enter through that gate).

To bring it to Bible context, Christ death on the Cross opened a way for humans to get to heaven but does not automatically put humans in heaven. Put differently, Christ's death ONLY gave humans a chance to heaven but it is left for the individual to grab the chance. Christ himself said..."only the violent taketh it by force"Mt 11:12. Jesus here used analogy of a gate....."strive to enter through the narrow gate" Lk 13:24. St. Paul said..."workout your salvation with fear and trembling" Phil 2:12.

So Christ's death was never to abolish personal sins and shortcomings neither was it to abolish "evil". Christ's death was NEVER to abolish our FREEWILL (AS FAR AS HUMANS HAVE FREEWILL, EVIL MUST ABOUND).
Christ's death was ONLY to open the gate of heaven for humans. it's left for each individual to strive to enter through that Gate..."the way to the Father" Jn14:6. We must make effort to enter. Any pastor that tells it's "finished" ...just your faith alone, lied to you. By your every thought, word, action and inaction, you're either moving toward your destination or you're stumbling or you're completely missing the way.

So my dear, Christ's death wasn't useless because without His death, there was never any possibility of heaven.... the gate of heaven would have been locked to us. His death opened the gate thereby giving us the opportunity to enter heaven. So know that if we follow His teachings, we will be able to enter through that gate.
He has opened the gate therefore NO EXCUSE. We must strive to enter through that gate.

peace.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by OyinO: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2018
studentofTruth:

My dear I love your question. I understand your confusion... it stems from pastors' confusion on that statement..."it is finished". But if you really understood my "bridge" analogy, you will understand that Christ's death does not mean that sin and "evil" will no longer exist on earth.

"it's finished" means "it's completed". it means that He has completed His work. It means the "bridge has been built". Put in another way, it means "the work of building the bridge has been completed". So humans can now get to their destination... Heaven. However, it doesn't mean Human will automatically be transported to their destination. Each and every individual must transport himself via that bridge to his destination. The journey to his destination via that bridge is a lifetime process with may bumps and delays (personal sins) on the way. So every thought, word, action and inaction of man determines if he's accelerating or decelerating during his journey on the bridge OR IF he has TOTALLY fallen off the bridge.

Another analogy:
Christ bought a ticket to heaven for us, Having the ticket does not take us to the plane and starting our journey. Each individual has to do that himself. Having the ticket does not mean we can't loose it(personal sins) or fall into mud(personal sins) with it such that the mud cover our name on the ticket completely rendering it useless until it's washed clean and our name become legible.

Yet another analogy. this one was used by Christ himself. Christ death opened the gate to heaven. prior to Christ coming and death, the gate was closed. His death opened the gate. But opening the gate doesn't mean automatic entry. You must strive to enter through that gate.
("It's finished" means the gate has been opened, it's now left for humans to strive to enter through that gate).

To bring it to Bible context, Christ death on the Cross opened a way for humans to get to heaven but does not automatically put humans in heaven. Put differently, Christ's death ONLY gave humans a chance to heaven but it is left for the individual to grab the chance. Christ himself said..."only the violent taketh it by force"Mt 11:12. Jesus here used analogy of a gate....."strive to enter through the narrow gate" Lk 13:24. St. Paul said..."workout your salvation with fear and trembling" Phil 2:12.

So Christ's death was never to abolish personal sins and shortcomings neither was it to abolish "evil". Christ's death was NEVER to abolish our FREEWILL (AS FAR AS HUMANS HAVE FREEWILL, EVIL MUST ABOUND).
Christ's death was ONLY to open the gate of heaven for humans. it's left for each individual to strive to enter through that Gate..."the way to the Father" Jn14:6. We must make effort to enter. Any pastor that tells it's "finished" ...just your faith alone, lied to you. By your every thought, word, action and inaction, you're either moving toward your destination or you're stumbling or you're completely missing the way.

So my dear, Christ's death wasn't useless because without His death, there was never any possibility of heaven.... the gate of heaven would have been locked to us. His death opened the gate thereby giving us the opportunity to enter heaven. So know that if we follow His teachings, we will be able to enter through that gate.
He has opened the gate therefore NO EXCUSE. We must strive to enter through that gate.

peace.

Your pale European Colonial Christ didnt die for me. My Ancestors died for me. I am not going to your Greek Heaven of Greek Mythology.
Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by studentofTruth: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
OyinO:

Your pale European Colonial Christ didnt die for me. My Ancestors died for me. I am not going to your Greek Heaven of Greek Mythology.

OK.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake by xcelentattitude(m): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
Zodiac61:

Another one who delibrately fails to understand that the emperor really has no clothes.

Meaning

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Martial Law Is Coming! / Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD / Catholic Priest Cures A Cripple In London: Live Video.. Ebube Muonso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.