Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) (50078 Views)

PDP Rep Caucus Moves To Endorse Wike As Atiku’s Running Mate / Govs Of Abia And Enugu Shuns Peter Obi, Endorse Wike For President / President Buhari Sworn In For Second Term [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by samysamy: 4:54pm On May 16, 2018
Ijaws in Rivers  State have endorsed the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike for  a second term in line with the governor's pro-Ijaw disposition.

The Ijaw people declared their preference for the Rivers State Governor on Wednesday after marching  through the streets of Port Harcourt in honour of Late Niger Delta  Freedom Fighter, Isaac Boro.

Speaking on behalf of the group, Madam Ankio Briggs said that in view of the performance of Governor Wike, he deserves another term in office to consolidate on the gains of his first term.

She said after the governor's first term, the Ijaw people would  want Governor Wike to support the emergence of an Ijaw Governor.

She said: "As Ijaws in Rivers State, these four  years that you have done, we want to say that the next four years, because of the work you have done in terms of protecting the people of Niger Delta, it is okay for you to run for four more years.

"As we give this support, you should bear in mind that we also will want to come and govern Rivers State after that".

Prominent Ijaw Leader,Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari urged all other Niger Delta leaders to follow the footsteps of Isaac Boro who promoted the interest of the people.

He called for the unity between the South-East and South-South regions of the country.  He advised the people of the area never to allow President Muhammadu Buhari to rig elections in the Niger Delta

Responding, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike declared that he will remain steadfast in the protection of the interests of the people of Rivers State and the Niger Delta.

Governor Wike said no level of intimidation from the failed APC Federal Government will compel him to abandon the worthy cause of developing the area.

He said that current happenings in the country have proved that immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan loves Nigeria far more than those who misled the  country in 2015.

"I have no regret for supporting Former President Goodluck Jonathan . Nobody should deceive us by political parties.  Our interest is paramount", he said.

The governor said that the Ijaws  have contributed  meaningfully  to the development of the country, saying that Isaac Adaka Boro fought for the emancipation of the Niger Delta.

Governor Wike stressed that his administration has made significant inroads in the development of riverine  Ijaw communities through  key projects.

"I will continue to defend the interest of the Niger Delta.  I have approved the reconstruction of all government owned schools in the area, while Degema Internal Roads will be reconstructed ", he said.

He said no other political party can defend Ijaw nation more than PDP. He said the failed APC Federal Government has done nothing for the people of the Niger Delta, hence they should be voted out.

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

16th May, 2018.

Source: http://usascholarshipfree..in/2018/05/adaka-boro-day-rivers-ijaws-endorse.html?m=1

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by samysamy: 4:55pm On May 16, 2018

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by fawaz22(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2018
undecided
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by JasonScoolari: 5:02pm On May 16, 2018
...Nice one from Dokubo.

PDP go give Wahala problem in the fourth coming election.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by 360great(m): 5:25pm On May 16, 2018
The game has started.

5 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by yarimo(m): 6:16pm On May 16, 2018
Gangster meet his fellow gangster grin

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by trapQ: 6:21pm On May 16, 2018
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by KenOne: 6:28pm On May 16, 2018
You see why who ever that supports Asari and Ankio Briggs needs his brain checked. About a month ago Ankio Briggs was on Today fm radio Port Harcourt saying no restructuring no election come 2019 that Nigerians are tired of APC and PDP. But today they've all gathered to endorse Wike of PDP for 2019. I said it all these people championing restructuring from South-South to South- East to South-West are all PDP members that don't mean well for Nigerians. Before PDP defeat in 2015 they were shouting PDP, power, power to the people PDP. Well i am not surprise same Asari and Ankio Briggs did same thing in 2007 they clamoured for resource control but the moment Jonathan ascended to power and started dishing out billions of contracts to them these same people all went mute.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by trapQ: 6:30pm On May 16, 2018
I love the bolded. Buhari and the northerners think they have the monopoly of rigging and underaged voting. I expect Rivers elections to be massively rigged next year such that it will be as though the fishes and birds partook in voting.

Anything that will send the disaster back to daura is very welcome by me. Afterall a wise man Gani once said "In a system of lawlessness, it is illegal to be law abiding".

samysamy:
He called for the unity between the South-East and South-South regions of the country.  He advised the people of the area never to allow President Muhammadu Buhari to rig elections in the Niger Delta

Responding, Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike declared that he will remain steadfast in the protection of the interests of the people of Rivers State and the Niger Delta.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by trapQ: 6:38pm On May 16, 2018
Better than your brain dead northern terrorists eg Buhari
yarimo:

15 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by mxpinky: 7:21pm On May 16, 2018
they need to jail this man
he knows many things about this bombing and killing happening in nigeria right now don't ask me why
only the the wise will know and understand what am saying

6 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:21pm On May 16, 2018
I see thieves

But so long as they are for PDP I consider them "high saints" grin

The goats have started this work now we need to finish it

#buhari2daura2019

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by Suko110(m): 7:23pm On May 16, 2018
I just love dis Asari guy, very confident
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 7:24pm On May 16, 2018
Unity of purpose

5 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by Jazzlite: 7:27pm On May 16, 2018
yarimo:
Just like you and your mentor.... terrorists lot

12 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by Jazzlite: 7:28pm On May 16, 2018
mxpinky:
they need to jail this man
he knows many things about this bombing and killing happening in nigeria right now don't ask me why
only the the wise will know and understand what am saying
So those who kidnapped and returned dapchi girls in broad daylight and even held a revival...saluted and hailed without arrests made.... Is he responsible for that?!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29pm On May 16, 2018
Something....
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 7:30pm On May 16, 2018
cool
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by mytime24(f): 7:30pm On May 16, 2018
No comment embarassed
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by mxpinky: 7:38pm On May 16, 2018
Jazzlite:

So those who kidnapped and returned dapchi girls in broad daylight and even held a revival...saluted and hailed without arrests made.... Is he responsible for that?!
ask him i wont be suprised if he is involve in that
with the kind of nigeria will burn if buhari win in 2015 by him
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by dechriscool(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2018
O
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by Navalsadiq(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2018
These tread is boring
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by anyimontana(m): 7:43pm On May 16, 2018
I wonder why any sane leader would like to associate with a criminal..naija politicians sha

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by aku626(m): 7:46pm On May 16, 2018
I pity the intellects in this country.
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by tesppidd: 7:46pm On May 16, 2018
KenOne:
You see why who ever that supports Asari and Ankio Briggs needs his brain checked. About a month ago Ankio Briggs was on Today fm radio Port Harcourt saying no restructuring no election come 2019 that Nigerians are tired of APC and PDP. But today they've all gathered to endorse Wike of PDP for 2019. I said it all these people championing restructuring from South-South to South- East to South-West are all PDP members that don't mean well for Nigerians. Before PDP defeat in 2015 they were shouting PDP, power, power to the people PDP. Well i am not surprise same Asari and Ankio Briggs did same thing in 2007 they clamoured for resource control but the moment Jonathan ascended to power and started dishing out billions of contracts to them these same people all went mute.
That Ann Kio Briggs you see there is the biggest hypocrite on planet earth.

I followed her programmes all over radio stations in portharcout.

SAVING THE NIGER DELTA.

At the time when Amaechi was state governor and Jonathan was president she kept on blaming the state government for the degradation and problems of the niger delta and always covered Jonathan.

Then Wike became state governor and Buhari became president. And like the hypocrite she is, she shifted the blame to the federal government and exhornorated the state government.

That old woman is a bloody hypocrite!

14 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2018
PDP power
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by Jazzlite: 7:48pm On May 16, 2018
mxpinky:
ask him i wont be suprised if he is involve in that
with the kind of nigeria will burn if buhari win in 2015 by him
He knew what Buhari is capable of.
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by rozayx5(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2018
Iyc is one powerful youth body sha

Tight and rich men
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by springtech(m): 7:52pm On May 16, 2018
Hmmnnnnn, we are watching in 21D
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by Amarabae(f): 7:55pm On May 16, 2018
I thought IPOB want us to believe that Asari Dokubo and anniko Briggs are supporting Biafra.
Now look at them warming up for 2019 elections which Ipob have declared a boycott for.
The most gullible people in the world are emotionally weak people,
Tell them what they want to hear and you catch them.

3 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by Didi2d(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2018
This kind thing like wike dey like
Re: Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) by obonujoker(m): 8:01pm On May 16, 2018
As a yoruba Muslim, I disavow Asari from our Muslim community...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mike Pompeo And Atiku Tape About 2019 Elections (Listen To Conversations) / Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack / List Of Buhari's Critics Who Have Died Within 8 Months - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.