Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks (1528 Views)

Labour Party Not Third Force, Says SDP Chieftain, Obi’s Ally Disagrees / Gifts Buhari Should Not Have Rejected, By Niyi Akinnaso / Gov. Hope Uzodinma Explained Why He Rejected Rochas's Request To Fight Ihedioha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by Lajet: 9:55pm On May 17, 2018
A chieftain of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, in Anambra State and the immediate past National Publicity Secretary of the party, Barrister Ifeatu Obi-okoye, Thursday, stated that the party has resolved to shut its doors on the embattled Governor of Imo state, Owelle Rochas Okorocha.

This is even as he confirmed to DAILY POST about attempts by Governor Okorocha through his aides and friends to be re-admitted into the party.

Speaking to DAILY POST in a phone interview on Thursday, Obi-okoye said APGA had rejected the governor because of his nonchalant attitude, vowing that no amount of money can readmit him into the party.

The former APGA spokesman, further disclosed how some powerful business moguls from Anambra state bankrolled and assisted Okorocha to become governor in 2011 and reiterated the resolve of the party not to re-admit him.

According to him,”I can confirm to you that Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has made approaches to us, APGA, through several people.

” I’m not aware that he has come personally. Quite a number of his agents, friends, commissioners and closed relations have come on his behalf.

“To that extent, it is doubtful if any 3 million Naira has been offered to anybody. I must tell you, we have discussed Rochas. He will be the last person to be readmitted into our party.

“He will never return to the party. We gave him a ticket free of charge. There were no primaries before Rochas became our flag-bearer

“We were the people that raised logistics for him to run, which he even admitted in his inauguration. Rochas did not have much money in that election.

“But three principle people brought the money. Ifeany Ubah. He’s still living, Emeka offor and Chief Arthur Eze, all from Anambra state. I’m aware. I was close to the process”.

He added,”These were the people that brought the money for the election. Somebody like Ifeanyi Ubah brought three- hundred million Naira, Emeka offor brought one hundred and fifty million Naira”.

“And they brought it on the platform of APGA. Even if Okorocha comes with one trillion Naira, we will not touch it. We will never have anything do with him. He has been rejected by us. He has been rejected by the church. And you know APGA as a party has a strong foundation with the church.

“It is not possible for us to deal with a character that has been rejected by the church.

Recall that Governor Rochas Okorocha has been in loggerheads with some forces in the Imo state chapter of the All Progressives Congress over the outcome of ward and local government congresses held in the state recently.

The Governor had called on the National Working Committee of the APC to cancel the congresses, stressing that no congress was conducted in Imo state.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/17/apga-church-rejected-rochas-okorocha-party-chieftain-obi-okoye-speaks-readmitting-imo-governor/
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by dareyyyy(m): 9:56pm On May 17, 2018
Make him double the money lipsrsealed no be me talk am ooo
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by Chizuru01(m): 10:13pm On May 17, 2018
Every well thinking person has rejected APC.

Where is Mbaka sef Where is Kumuyi sef Where are all those fiery pastors and priest that were talking anyhow during Jonathan time. Have you heard any of them condemning killing of Christians in Benue

Na wa o Nawa o ọ dikwa egwu ma dịrị kwa itunanya

3 Likes

Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 17, 2018
This one that APC, APGA and the church have all rejected Okorocha maybe we should just sacrifice him to the gods, they may accept him.

2 Likes

Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by Lajet: 9:59am On May 18, 2018
Everybody have rejected Rochas Okorocha even Devil
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by BeijinDossier: 10:54am On May 18, 2018
Hehehehe

I am particularly interested in this section. It is now clear that Okoroawusa had no even a kobo as at 2011.

It took Anambra billionaires to install the failed rabble rouser called Okoroawusa as governor of Imo state.

Imolites= Anambra slaves

"We were the people that raised logistics for him to run, which he even admitted in his inauguration. Rochas did not have much money in that election.

But three principle people brought the money. Ifeany Ubah. He’s still living, Emeka offor and Chief Arthur Eze, all from Anambra state. I’m aware. I was close to the process”

1 Like

Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by authehighness: 10:58am On May 18, 2018
apga are not wise,why not collect the money and make him a living dead politician,just as apc made him irrelevent
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by SalamRushdie: 11:01am On May 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Hehehehe

I am particularly interested in this section. It is now clear that Okoroawusa had no even a kobo as at 2011.

It took Anambra billionaires to install the failed rabble rouser called Okoroawusa as governor of Imo state.

Imolites= Anambra slaves

Just imagine
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by SalamRushdie: 11:02am On May 18, 2018
It's not yet 2019 and Okoracha is already a leperous pariah ...APC will shocked thoroughly at the presidential polls

1 Like

Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 18, 2018
Apga irrespective of the state helps their own.
That's the kind of party and politics we want in Igbo land.
APGA should be eastern party.. They will do well.
Roaches sorry Rochas did well in Apga then bleeped up in apc.
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Hehehehe

Imolites= Anambra slaves

It is either your brain is on transmission transmission or you are just on transmission to transmission transmission.
Mind your business.
Leave us alone.

1 Like

Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by WINNERMENTALITY: 12:39pm On May 18, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Hehehehe

Imolites= Anambra slaves

You are another fool in the making... Nobody should listen to this guy..
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by WINNERMENTALITY: 12:45pm On May 18, 2018
Rochas should drop the idea of making his in-law a governor and work with whatever is on ground. His drastic move to any party will futher sideline igbo representation in Apc and belittle all his previous effort.

Anyway what do i know, whoever the gods wants to punish, they first lift them up and then allow them to free fall.

Rochas should humble himself like Tinubu and start from scratch, about a year from now everybody will forget this time and embrace him as a force to reckon.

Nigeria politics is shortsighted and ndi igbo is not helping matters for their leaders.

1 Like

Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by wingmanII: 12:53pm On May 18, 2018
ovadozes:
This one that APC, APGA and the church have all rejected Okorocha maybe we should just sacrifice him to the gods, they may accept him.
I concur!
But what if the gods reject him? grin grin
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by wingmanII: 1:00pm On May 18, 2018
WINNERMENTALITY:
Rochas should drop the idea of making his in-law a governor and work with whatever is on ground. His drastic move to any party will futher sideline igbo representation in Apc and belittle all his previous effort.

Anyway what do i know, whoever the gods wants to punish, they first lift them up and then allow them to free fall.

Rochas should humble himself like Tinubu and start from scratch, about a year from now everybody will forget this time and embrace him as a force to reckon.

Nigeria politics is shortsighted and ndi igbo is not helping matters for their leaders.
So ndi Igbo should embrace any animal as their leader?
Okorocha deserves worse than he is getting now. This is a man for whom Imo people defied army and police, defended their votes to remove an incumbent PDP governor. Any human would have been so touched as to really work for the welfare of the people, instead the Okorocha animal opted to loot, grab lands and turn the state to his family property.

1 Like

Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by WINNERMENTALITY: 1:10pm On May 18, 2018
wingmanII:

So ndi Igbo should embrace any animal as their leader?
Okorocha deserves worse than he is getting now. This is a man for whom Imo people defied army and police, defended their votes to remove an incumbent PDP governor. Any human would have been so touched as to really work for the welfare of the people, instead the Okorocha animal opted to loot, grab lands and turn the state to his family property.
I never said OKOROCHA should be accepted into Imo State politics given his nepotisc tendency but what am saying is that Ndi igbo are over reacting towards this matter and it might affect us in years to come.

Nigeria politics is screwed somehow and Ndi igbo over reacts to matters that doesnt have significant issues, eg Peter Obi move to PDP and support for a PDP candidate last year.
Today nobody talks about it now but we have automatically send signals to PDP that Obi is nobody in ala igbo and this is where we are getting it wrong.
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by ezegold4we: 2:20pm On May 18, 2018
Okorocha really messed things up for himself,

Upon on the enemity and blunders former governor of abia state, Chief TA orji committed, today no body remembers his sins anymore becos he played his card wisely by not only fixing his loyal man known as gov ikpeazu,

He went to a zone that has not produced the governor of the state and picked his successor and abia people forgot all his sins and voted his candidate,

As for okorocha, what I expected him to do was to pick a successor from Okigwe or owerri zone but instead, he was busy propping up his miniature inexperienced greedy son-in-law,

Imo people is the most sensitive politically inclined elements in Nigerian politics,

They have a record of fixing whom they want anytime anyday ,

Another problem okoroacha would have encountered if at the end of the day he was able to grab the apc structure will be the church especially Catholic Church faithfuls, in imo state, they constitute about 65% of the voting population, they sent ikedi ohakim packing in 2015, and the hatred they have for okorchas regime is second to none,

In all things, I think the political glory has left okorocha and his family members,

He refused to learn and I think what happened to ohakim will be a child's play compare to what will become of Rocha's dynasty after May 2019,

I think apc at national level has also discovered that okorocha has become a political liability from the day he started moulding failures as statures in imo state, they are paying him back in his own coin
Re: APGA, Church Have Rejected Rochas Okorocha – Party Chieftain, Obi-okoye Speaks by BRIGHT180(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2018
WINNERMENTALITY:

I never said OKOROCHA should be accepted into Imo State politics given his nepotisc tendency but what am saying is that Ndi igbo are over reacting towards this matter and it might affect us in years to come.

Nigeria politics is screwed somehow and Ndi igbo over reacts to matters that doesnt have significant issues, eg Peter Obi move to PDP and support for a PDP candidate last year.
Today nobody talks about it now but we have automatically send signals to PDP that Obi is nobody in ala igbo and this is where we are getting it wrong.
Taking national politics in view you are surely making a lot of sense

(1) (Reply)

We Spit On Nnadi Kanu And Biafra- Urhobo Youths / Give Us Senate President Or Give Us Biafra, Great Igbo Leaders Warns Federal Gov / Buhari/osinbajo Illegally Approved 1billion Loan To A Farmer - Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.