Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition 2018 For Young Africans - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition 2018 For Young Africans (523 Views)

How To Apply For Management International Scholarship 2018 For Africans / Laspotech School Fees 2018 for ND and HND ( FULL ANALYSIS) / $2,000 Prizes At Leadership Essay Competition Organised By UONGOZI Institute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition 2018 For Young Africans by Nobody: 5:56am On May 18, 2018
UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition 2018 for Young Africans

ORGANIZER

UONGOZI Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development

ELIGIBILITY

Applicants must be African citizens between the age of 18-25.

The selected winners will be required to travel to Kigali on 25th July, 2018, therefore valid identification and travel documents will be required for this purpose.

TOPIC

The competition is open to all African citizens between the age of 18 – 25 years old, to write about their perspectives on leadership as it relates to financing development and transformation in Africa. The essays should respond to the following question:

“If you were an African leader how would you finance development and transformation?”

PRIZES

A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner. A total of five winners will be selected. The second prize will be $1,500, third prize $1,000, fourth prize $700 and fifth prize $500.

The top 5 winners will travel to Kigali, Rwanda, to receive their awards at a prize giving ceremony to be held during the African Leadership Forum Gala Dinner on 27th July, 2018, which will be attended

by senior leaders from across Africa in the public, private and civil society sectors. The overall winner will be asked to read the winning essay at the event.

DEADLINE

The final deadline for submission will be Friday, 18th May, 2018 (5pm GMT). The top five winners will be notified via email on the first week of July, 2018. Feedback will not be provided on individual essays.

GUIDELINES

The essays should be no more than 2 A4 pages long. The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.

Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropirateness to contest theme.

All essays must be written in English.

Essays should be submitted by email to submissions@uongozi.or.tz.

Applicants must also submit a written statement of originality and ownership of intellectual property rights (see here for a template)

INQUIRY

Visit the organizer’s website for more information.

Check http://africanwritershub.com for more writing opportunities.

1 Like

Re: UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition 2018 For Young Africans by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
With an Earnest Heart
Dear Goldenval
Sorry I quoted you in a dead thread.
What I am about saying is very important.

I have been following you up for almost a year now.
I have known you(not personally though) since the days you blessed people's life on Twitter.
I am Fully aware you're a respected personality.
I so much love and respect you, sincerely.
Your act of kindness has affected lots of life positively and am grateful for that.

But please, I want you to consider some people. Atleast try and hear them out.
I am not begging for money. I did that in the past. I am changed and more focused on building an accomplished life.
All I wanted was to talk to you. As an elder and an experienced person, I needed coaching.
I have so many needs to settle, I want you to just assist me and run my 1xbet account for me alongside yours for 31 days only! I'll fund the account on Monday!
After then, I'll take over and follow your footsteps.
See how you did and follow soothe.
Not every one is a beggar, some just need coaching that's all.
I plan to sponsor myself into aviation. I know I can because I am into affiliate marketing.
I don't need a Kobo from you, I just need your experience touch. I just want your assistance in running my account.
I promise after then, I'll come back with greater testimonies.

Please, use your kind heart and consider my request. I'll be so grateful.
I await your response.
Yours Faithfully, Jesse
Cc: goldenval

(1) (Reply)

SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES Surplace Master Scholarship For International Students At Te / How To Cram Fast Before Exams In Every Nigerian University / JAMB 2018 Admission Policy Meeting To Be Televised Live On NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.