Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (27336 Views)

My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) / My Nysc Diary. On Visiting Igbotente Onigangan: A Story / My Nysc Diary.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 6:16am On May 18, 2018
Written by Iam Olaolowo… Email: Olamide_Olowo@yahoo.com; whatsapp 07060406597; BBM: D1F54C20 This story is dedicated to all Corp members currently serving and all ex- Corp member Nationwide. May God bless our hustle! Long Live Nigeria! Also a special dedication to a friend, who we both camped together in Kangere, Samuel Okonta who lost his life (while serving his fatherland) during the River state election on the 19th of March 2016. Rest in Peace brother…
source www.emperorblog.com.ng/my-nysc-diary-and-the-21days-in-camp
www.emperorblog.com.ng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 6:17am On May 18, 2018
PART 1 The Build up to how it all began 22nd of October 2015 was a day I won’t forget in my life. Prior to the reports and news going nationwide that the call up letter would be released on the 21st of October, I put a call through to Ugo and Dare popularly known as vision 2020. I called them to check at their offices (since I don’t have an internet connection here) to know if truly the call up letter has been released. Ugo later called back and gave a negative report. Vision also called back and gave the same negative report and that really made me tensed. I hardly think of anything else rather than seeing the state I am being posted to and let preparation begins in full. Am sure you might be wondering who I am. I am Ola Olowo born into a family of three, all males and also the last born of the family. An art student, and also the first person in my family to go for NYSC. Being one of the guys wey sabi schools for my department, lots of my course mates had to call me to get the latest information about the call up letter then I decided to check different sites to gets latest information about it. I visited Nairaland and I saw different post of people also waiting for the NYSC batch B call up letter for 2015. Then something struck my mind. TWITTER. That’s the fastest place to get information on anything and any latest going all round the world. I searched for the NYSC official twitter handled I got it, followed the handle, and keeping tabs with all the activities going on there. From their twitter handle, I got latest updates on it and I never stopped checking and refreshing the tweets on their timeline. Nigerian students are one of the best in the world. Come see insult upon insults. Am sure the operator of the NYSC twitter handle must be really pissed off. While some were asking good and meaningful question, some were raining curses and abuses on NYSC, comparing the release of the NYSC call up letter with the long awaited ministerial list long ago which was delayed by our able president. It was Past 3pm, something tells me to check the twitter handle again. I picked up my Nokia x2 palasa phone which I have been using for over 4years, (don’t mind me, is Nigeria economy cause am) opened the browser and straight to NYSC handle and began to see testimonies of some peoples saying they’ve checked and printed their call up letter. I couldn’t believe it though and I needed to confirm from at least 3 people before spreading the news round to my guys who were anxiously waiting too. After confirming from 3 people from the handle, I decided to call Ugo. Me: Ochuko, e don happen o Ugo: Olowo, you better talk true because tension wan kill me for here o Me: sure, I have confirmed it on their twitter account. Please check and call me back. After dropping the call, I put a call across to vision and iya ijo. I was feeling uneasy and kept walking up and down the office like a husband whose wife is inside the labour room waiting for the doctor’s arrival for a good news. I started navigating the quality control office, to my office, then to the darkroom. After waiting for like forever for Ugo’s call, I decided to call him myself. Me: Ugo, waiting dey worry you now? You want make I do orientation camp for hospital Ugo: (sighs) Olowo na Yobe ooo read here www.emperorblog.com.ng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 6:17am On May 18, 2018
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera018 Missmossy rukidanty babyurgly1 Chris2face Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Donyai
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by daviesblaze(m): 7:43am On May 18, 2018
emperorblog:
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk
dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera018 Missmossy
rukidanty babyurgly1 Chris2face Ann2012 Izaray
aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15
pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Donyai
following cool cool
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 7:08pm On May 18, 2018
PART 3 8th of November, on a typical Sunday morning, I attended the church service. Immediately I got back, the worms in my stomach won’t allow me to rest so I prepared something to eat. After eating, I picked all my phones, straight to the viewing center to charge my phones. Shout out to all the viewing centers that have enough sockets for guys to charge. Let’s do some brief calculation here. You buy fuel of N300 just to charge your phones, it will last for at worst 3hours and you discover that your phone won’t charge properly. But with N100, you get all your phones charged, also accompanied with a football game in front of you but some sharp guys at the viewing center has seized this opportunity to steal phones. Well, OYO is your case if you sleep at the viewing center when you have up to 3phones in the socket charging. 9 th of November, still on my bed, pondering on the dream I just had overnight. I don’t have dreams like that but when I do, it always come to pass. In my dream, I saw myself with two other guys which I suspected one of them to be vision. I discovered I was driving while they sat beside me. From the dream, I think we were heading to Ife but along the journey, the bus collapsed, although we were unhurt but we couldn’t move to our destination again. So because of the dream, I remained calm and careful all through the day. Janelle and I still chat everyday but today was different. She has not been online and am seriously missing her company. When I called her, she told me she had some issues to settle at her school, the University of Calabar, so that means I will have to be alone throughout the day. I was closing for the day when I got a message notification on my phone. I thought it was the normal MTN message not until I saw NYSC. The message reads “All PCM deployed to Yobe state will now have their orientation course at ‘’Bauchi camp from 25th of November 2015. Please reprint your call up letter. DG’’. It wasn’t a surprise at all but wetin man go do? Almost everyone in the group got the message. Ugo called me to confirm if I got the message. The whatsapp group was immediately changed to “Bauchi corpers”. Getting home, I informed my parents and they were extremely shocked. They suggested that I forget about serving this year while I register next year because Bauchi was not really safe. Janelle and I engaged in a chat later in the evening when I got back from church. She also informed me that her parents are really scared of releasing her for the camp. Would you blame them? Bauchi state was one of the states which was terrorized by boko haram. It’s time to start buying things I need for the camp in Bauchi. Ella, one of the few friends I made from the whatsapp group help me with her own drawn list of item such as 3vests, 2shorts , a tooth brush , 2pair of white socks, 2padlocks ,Vaseline , hair cream , touch light, food flask , etc. Ellen with the diary of camp, west still insisted that the transport fare to Bauchi still remains N6, 500.Research and report state that Bauchi is not that far compared to Jigawa. I got the bank details and made a part payment of N4000.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 7:10pm On May 18, 2018
THE JOURNEY TO JOS “THE UNEXPECTED” Everything is set yes, we are the flying corpers! Flying for the first time in our lives to a land where we’ve never been. Ugo’s wife Onyinye prepared a breakfast of fried plantain and egg for us before leaving. We got to the airport around 10; 42 and with the assistant of Aganga, we were able to check in as early as possible and we undergo several security checks before we were able to sit waiting anxiously till when our flight will be announced. Ugo and I were gisting and I felt like looking around but my eyes caught a familiar face. This face look like Bibie, the girl from the Bauchi whatsapp group. I told Ugo that the girl sitting next to me was someone I knew but I was not sure. He told me to call her number and which I did, the same girl picked it up. My suspicion was right. Yes. It was Bibie. Immediately she picked I kept staring at her till she looked at me and laughed. We shake hands and discussed throughout till our flight was finally announced around 1:20pm. We lined up to the boarding line, then entered into a bus which convey us to the place where the aircraft was. We were searched before we finally got seated; little did we know that our bags that were outside won’t follow us. Bisola’s seat was toward the entrance ,(seat 16a) while I sat far away in the back ,seat 24a while Ugo was seating at the back seat by my right seat26a.The airplane took off by 2pm and being the first time ,the feeling was really strange . It ran some kilometers before the plane finally got into the sky .During this period , an announcement was made that all passenger must make use of their seat belt and also put off their phones or put them on flight mode . I never knew that there was a pot hole in the sky too as the plane entered into gallop. By this time, I was damn scared. I looked back and Ugo’s eyes met mine. From his face, I can see he was reading the Lord’s Prayer. He was so scared and he was putting on a weird smile which I can interpret to mean “Guy we don enter am o”. read more on,www.emperorblog.com.ng

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 7:11pm On May 18, 2018
Not quite long, a cake and a cup of tea was being served by the plane attendants. When they got to my row I ignore the cake and the juice, at least hoping that they might bring it back or probably serve something more meaningful because as at that moment, I was hungry. I was perceiving an aroma of fried egg towards the back which I think was the kitchen that gave me a slight hope of eating something. Am sure Ugo would have perceived that aroma too because records has it that among the fantastic four, that is 4 of us back then in Ibadan, Ugo had the best nose. Not that he had a long nose but his nose can smell anything smellable even from a distance. Ugo can tell you how many fish is inside a sardine even without opening it, that how good he is. Back to the matter, I noticed I was sitting beside a young woman who was busy reading a novel by Michael Cornell “the poet”. When I had nothing to do, I had to join her in reading. After reading for a while, we got talking and from our discussion, I learnt that she lives in Jos. We kept talking and she had to leave the novel with me which I read to the next chapter. I was feeling a slight headache and looked through the window and all I can see was cloud and vast of lands. I returned the book and few minute after, the tires of the plane wheeled out. It was then I knew we are closer to the Jos airport. That reminds me, what will happen to the fried eggs I perceiving the aroma some minute ago? This is cheating mehn. An announcement was made that the plane was about to land. At 2:30pm, the plane landed successfully and everyone was getting down one by one. From my calculation of the duration of the flight, just as they had speculated it. It just for 1hour, 30minutes. After getting to the arrival’s lounge, we stayed for over 30minutes for our bags to arrive. After waiting, all the bags that was in the aircraft was brought out and it surprised us that not all the passengers got their bags. An announcement was later made that not all the bags arrived with us; now all hell was loose. Only few passengers was fortunate to get their bags while majority of them didn’t get theirs. Unfortunately, Ugo’s bags and mine were not among the few bags that arrived while Bibie got all her two bags. Among the passengers that didn’t get their bags was a very frustrated

read more on www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2018
He was shouting at the top of his voice while everyone followed suite , After so much shouting and blabbing the Ark air plane manager came to brief us about the current situation and some of us was able to understand their grieves too. From his explanation, he said the problem is from Lagos i.e. Muritala Muhammed as the aircraft that was used to convey the passage could not carry all the luggage at once. I could remember during the time I was shouting, one of the Arik airline staff named Mr. Ola came to speak with me. We spoke Yoruba language together and at the end, he was able to calm me down. After everything, we gave them a condition that we can’t go to Bauchi this night so they led to lodge us in a 5-star hotel so as to wait to receive our bags before we finally leave for camp. I left him and decided to have a brief discussion with Ugo and Bisola so we can both decide on what to do while Mr. Ola on the other hand went to discuss with their manager on our condition. After some minutes, a dark guy, one of the Arik official came to address us and also tabled down an offer before us. He said they‘ve decided to let us stay at the Arik staff quarters pending the time our bags will arrive the airport the next day. Mr. Ola led us to the staff quarters while we began to gist like we’ve known for quite sometimes. We talked and gisted about life and things in general forgetting the circumstances that brought us together. We initially stayed at the quarters of one of the Arik staff called Mr. kehinde. He has two lovely kids named Tolulope and Motunrayo. The cold in Plateau is very intense, that is the coldest environment I have ever been in my life. You won’t blame me; I spent the majority of my entire life in the western part of Nigeria. We were made a laughing stock as my guys and I were seriously complaining about the cold weather which was strange to us. Mr. Ola took us out to get some drinks while he keep gisting us about how he got to Jos and life in the state capital. From what I can deduce from his words, he has spent over 2 years in Plateau and he is really enjoying the place to the fullest. Mr. Ola should be in his late 20’s or early 30’s. Dark in complexion, uses eye glasses and he is really fun to be with, maybe it was due to the circumstances that brought us together, I don’t know. After taking our drinks, we were all hungry except for the cakes we had in the plane, we haven’t eaten anything yet. Mr. Ola suggested we take a stroll to town so we could eat and we obliged.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2018
We were taking a stroll down to the town, away from the quarters, Mr. Ola was giving us some details or maybe I can call it some sort of information about the Jos/Plateau life. He showed us round the place, like the NAMAN quarters, FAAN quarters, the poultry which was owned by some of the staff, the FAAN high school, the uncompleted building owned by the airline and the different types of bricks that was used in building. He said the bricks are being sold as low as N12 as it was made from sand, cement and particular grass. Plateau is really a beautiful place. Mr. Ola said he once remembered when he was coming to Jos, he said his parents disapproved it at first but he told them as long as people are still living in Jos, he would surely survive. He took us to Mr. kehinde’s wife shop. Remember Mr. kehinde? The Arik staff that we went to his place at first, the father of two. We branched her shop and greeted her. We chatted and from our discussion, she said she has been living in Jos for over 8 years now. I was damn amazed. 8 years in this cold? They keep saying the cold has not even started at all. We were also introduced to an ex-corper who has refused to go back to Lagos after his NYSC in Jos. From explanation, he said he has enjoyed all his stay in Jos and he did not see any good reason why he must go back to Lagos to start struggling. Mr. Ola led us to a local restaurant where we ate semo with Egusi soup. While taking our meal, he keep gisting us about the events that has been happening in the state capital. He showed us a building, a motel to be precise, which according to him was always filled to the bream. He explained further that one particular day, the Boko haram group stormed the motel and killed everyone on sight. According to him, only one man survived the disaster and the man now works in the airport although with a disfigured arm. It was really a sad incidence to have witnessed. After finishing the semo, we got a slice bread beside the so called restaurant, took a bike straight back to the quarters. We got to the quarters late in the night. We were welcomed by Mr. Dan, the Arik official who gave us the offer of staying in his apartment. From my finding, he is still single so he has available rooms where we could stay for the night. As he led us to his apartment, we couldn’t stop lamenting about the weather. Mr. Dan is a dark, tall and handsome man from Kaduna. He prepared tea for us, accompanied with bread we bought, we ate, gisted till we all got tired and everyone went to the available rooms to sleep. I couldn’t sleep at all. This was my first time in Jos and everything in the environments clearly different from what I have felt in the past. It’s just as if we have a longer night as I woke up like 3 times before I finally resigned to fate around 4. I went on reading some literature works on the internet for like an hour before going to Bisola’s room to disturb her. Did I have to tell you that we slept in different rooms? Ugo and I in a room while Bisola had a room to herself.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 5:55am On May 19, 2018
Chisiudeh phoenixchap horladstar honourable356 EkopSparoAyara Meneski helenbee vickyluvspices iamloyalty agp19 joshnes heemah joislim rchilee labelle123 oroolorun boffinjay evaristomonarch nikz quineetee chii8 whocarex opeade939 kaycee9242 Godwinfury eberechi24 alarmednigerian adeculate

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 3:58pm On May 19, 2018
24th November, 2015 – The Bags and the journey to camp It’s the penultimate day before the long awaited 2nd stream NYSC camp will open. Ugo and I is still stuck in Plateau state, FAAN staff quarters, Yakubu Gowon airport. I couldn’t sleep well all through the night because of the cold condition in the area. Just few house/ blocks around the airport and that I guess made the environment even colder than the town of plateau. Since we had nothing to do in particular, Bisola urged me to follow her to the nearest First Bank available. We approached Mr. Daniel Douglas (which I later discovered was his real name) and he said the nearest First Bank is at Bindin Ladi. We boarded a taxi of N150 down to the bank and after the security check, we walked straight to the banking hall. We spend about 20 minutes as Bisola was discussing with the bank official while I stood somewhere closer. Within a few minutes, she was done with her linking of the BVN and she was told it will be done within the next 30 minutes or an hour. We took a N300 bike from the bank back to the staff quarters and Mr. Dan was still at home preparing for work and also fixing something for us for breakfast. Bisola dished out the breakfast of yam and egg which was prepared by Mr. Dan. I must confess he was a good cook. After eating our breakfast, we discussed and chatted till we decided to get into the town of Jos to get some few things before heading to Bauchi. We called Mr. Dan and he advised we shouldn’t go far into Jos but there is a nearest market we could go to which is somehow nice instead of Jos. He directed us to “Bukuru” and we didn’t waste much time as we set sail to Bukuru, Plateau state. Bukuru market can be compared to the sango market. On our way there, we came across the plateau state polytechnic and the police Staff College, plateau, Jos. I was having a chat with the driver of the taxi we took. From our discussion, I discovered he is a Yoruba man, from ondo state, Akure to be precise. He told me he has been living in Jos since 2001. Are you kidding me? Getting to Bukuru was about an hour journey. We had some little shopping to do so we head straight to the main market. We bought blankets, underwear, cups, plates, spoons, etc. Ugo branched one big supermarket and got golden morn, milks, tissues, etc. While I was busy looking for my favorite “Kunu”. I told myself that I must not come to Jos without tasting their Kunu. I was evenly disappointed when I tasted the kunu. The kunu was watery and the taste was not palatable. I remembered while we got to the Bukuru, Bisola had a running stomach and she started vomiting. I rushed towards her, washed her eyes with water and also packed her vomit inside the bin. After sometime, she was okay and we were able to continue our shopping. I also didn’t forget to get a novel titled, “The gods are not to be blamed” Not quite long after we got home, Mr. Dan called me to inform us that the flight in Lagos is on the move so we have to start preparing for the short trip to the airport, wait for our bags before heading to the park. We left the quarters around 2.55pm. Through the help of the aboki, the okada man who brought us from Heipang to the quarters. We got to the airport around 3.05pm and we can see that the plane was just landing. We checked for Mr. Dan and Mr. Ola but we were told they are busy but we will have to wait for them at the arrival’s lounge where we will be receiving our bags.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 3:59pm On May 19, 2018
With the help of Mr. Dan, we got our bags in time and to our greatest surprise, the Station manager, Mr. Alfred arranged an Hilux car for us which will convey us to the town where we will get a cab going to Bauchi, Kangere. Mr. Dan and Mr. Ola drove us to a place where we easily got a keke Napep who moved us to the university of Jos gate where we got a bus to Kangere, Bauchi state. Along the road, Mr. Dan showed us where the state television was, i.e PRTV. He also showed us the home of the former governor of plateau state. Moving ahead, he showed us the former government house which was along Jonah Jang way. He also us places like the airforce base and the house of assembly in plateau THE JOURNEY TO BAUCHI, KANGERE….”THE BEGININNIG” 24th of November 2015, 6.00pm. We got on the way to Bauchi. An 8 passenger bus in which half of the passengers was corpers. I sat in the middle alongside two prospective corp member. Ugo and Bisola was sitting at the back with another prospective corp member named Busayo. The lady sitting beside me named Funke was a student of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic. She brought out a small pack of food which was given to the first class passengers in the plane. Guess what was inside? A white rice and banga soup which can’t fill a 2 year old baby. Funny right? That is Nigeria for you. The estimated time for the trip form Jos to Bauchi was supposed to be just an hour but am still surprised we are still on the road as at 7.10pm. Who is fooling who? Although Mr. Dan told us that we should calculate at least 2 hours, 30 minutes for the trip. As at now, we have 62km left as at 7.13pm. We got to Tashan Durumics at 7.34pm. At 7.51pm, I sighted Abubakar Tatari polytechnic, Bauchi. Tambari housing estate was just a few walk away from the polytechnic. We got to Zaradan hotel at 7.55pm. Two passengers got down at Gigamai. Bisola also drop the officer’s bag to him. He have been calling soi as to link up with us ever since we took from Jos. We headed to the camp with another new passengers in the front seat. At 8.30pm, we got down at the Kangere camp institute of education. We had to go through a thorough security check before we were able to get inside. The place was very big. Ugo and I searched for the male hostel and we made sure we looked for the room that has a good socket where we will be able to charge our phone. After settling down, Ugo and I visited the mamee market and we were surprised as everything we ever wanted or needed in camp was there. The food we ate was really bad at N250 per plate. We regret eating the food but wetin man go do? We need to fill our stomach with something after a very tiring journey. After the meal, we headed back to our hostel.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 4:01pm On May 19, 2018
PART 11 LIFE IN BAUCHI CAMP, KANGERE…… THE FIRST DAY IN CAMP 25th of November 2015 is here. I couldn’t sleep all through the night as I was watching my phones which I was charging. By 5am, after the ringing of my alarm, I woke up from the bunk I was sleeping before I woke Ugo and the rest of the guys in the room. I was surprised when I heard people had been rushing to queue at the registration ground. We could only wash our legs and hands because the harmattan was much at that period. We got to the registration lane around 5.15am and I was extremely surprised to see the rate at which the queue is long, right from the gate to the female hostel. We joined the queue too and just like snake xenzia, the game on nokia phone, the queue gets long by minute in the cold weather with our bags. We stayed in the cold till past 7am before it was announced that we should go out of the premises to a nearby field close to the camp where we will be re-searched again before starting the registration procedure. It took us 4 good hours before we were able to get through the long queue. We were in the sun throughout the duration before a set of man o war squad assisted in controlling the line. The registration took over 3 hours and we got a printout at the end of the exercise. We were told to take a zenith bank opening form which we were told to fill before going to our different platoons where we will get our kits. NYSC finally separated Ugo and I as I was in platoon 6 while Ugo was in platoon 4. The kits in platoon 6 got finished but we were given the meal ticket while Ugo got his kits complete but he was without the meal ticket. Instead of waiting for the kits to be supplied, Ugo and I decided to book down our hostel room before it got filled up. We begged the Aboki in charge to fix us in the same room and after much begging, he obliged and we were fixed in Block A hostel, ROOM 10. NYSC kits are never accurate but the good thing is that it comprises of all sizes. No matter how fat, short, tall, huge or thin you are, your sizes is always available and if you need any amendment, please contact the Aboki’s at the mamee. Sure you might be wondering why I haven’t mentioned of Janelle all while long. Janelle have been having a little issue with me. Truly I didn’t open up most of my plans to her but truly the flight issue was not planned. She really got angry with me which made me wonder what kind of human being she be sef. Around past 2 or so, she got to the camp and I wasn’t shocked when I finally saw her. Janelle is tall, fair, a round face, slim and beautiful just as I have seen from her DP’S. At 4:00pm, the trumpet was blown and we were made to know that we have to run to the parade ground with our new white on white kits. That was when my dear friend, Ugo suggested that we have to visit the camp kitchen to get our lunch. The lunch was beans which was tasteless and roughly cooked. Chai! Camp kitchen! By the time Ugo and I rushed back to the room to rush our food, two soldiers stormed our blocks and forced us out. We were punished before they told us to rush down to the parade ground. Captain Aminu was assigned as the platoon commander. He took charge of all trainings for the evening. AT exactly 6pm, a trumpet was blown as we were told to remain in the position we were. According to them, Nigeria is about to sleep so anytime we hear that particular bingle being blown, we should be “at attention” wherever we are.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 8:33am On May 20, 2018
ok
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by Oroolorun(m): 11:29am On May 20, 2018
Present sir.
Thanks for the invitation.
Abeg make sure you completed the story; nothing is as painful to lovers of good story than to fell in love with a story only for the author to abandoned it uncompleted.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 1:03pm On May 20, 2018
Oroolorun:
Present sir.
Thanks for the invitation.
Abeg make sure you completed the story; nothing is as painful to lovers of good story than to fell in love with a story only for the author to abandoned it uncompleted.

i cant boss all story must be,completef
btw that why i,add my web,adress there
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 1:17pm On May 20, 2018
PART 12 Training was over at 6.47pm. Ugo and I rushed down to the mamee market to get a bag of sachet water to resume “the battle of the tasteless beans’’ we were eating before the evening parade. A concretion rice was served as lunch in the kitchen and I couldn’t eat up to 4 spoons before dumping the rest under ugo’s bed. It’s really been a long day. One I have never experienced before. New faces, new environment, and strange weather in fact everything is just new. I have to change my alarm to 4.00am because captain Aminu said we will have to report to the parade ground by 5am the next day. Ooops! 8.40pm, the light is off already. Time to sleep. Hoping for an adventurous day tomorrow. 26TH OF NOVEMBER 2016-2ND DAY IN CAMP “THE DRILLS” I woke up around past 3am while I saw Ugo discussing with Beautiful Onyinye at that time of the hour. Am sure the preparation for their wedding is now in top gear. I got up, took the bucket to fetch water in the only well in our block. It was extremely cold outside and I can see some guys bathing outside. Wetin my eyes no go see? Guys don’t have issues. Na the grils fit dey waste time dey queue for bathroom. The queue at the bathroom was so long and it’s only the people who can’t withstand it have their baths outside. I queued for 30 minutes before it finally go to my turn. My bathing took like 5 minutes (you won’t dare to waste time naa) before I went ahead to fetch a bucket of water down for Ugo so we won’t waste time because in a matter of time, the soldiers will be here to send us out. 4.00am, we were almost set. Ugo and I prepared two cup of tea. Ugo and bread. You can’t separate them! He still ate the bread he bought at plateau. The bingle was blown before we knew it and we can hear a soldier shouting at the top of his voice, “Lazy corfers, get out now! To the parade ground,1,2,1,2,1,2! We ran all through down to the field which we got to around 5.05am. The weather was so cold. In fact, I can see some corper like me gnashing their teeths. Am sure some of them have not experienced that type of weather before. The man o war guys was to take charge of the early morning exercise before we were being handed over to the platoon commander. The man o war that took charge of platoon 6 was a hausa girl (so I thought), slim, not to fair and I must confess, she looked like Tiwa savage. She was so fit and athletic and even more than C. Ronaldo and I must confess again that she is the most beautiful female man o war squad in our camp. We were taught all sorts of songs such as; Chop Akara dey go Moin moin no dey Chop Akara dey go, Moin moin no dey Also, we had songs such like; Dem go born mumu, dem go born mumu, if Corper marry corper, dem go born mumu And all sorts of songs in hausa language which I really can’t put down. Trust corpers now, they were able to formulate a song too like, “Eyin omo yobe, and we all screamed, “Yobe!
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by Oroolorun(m): 1:20pm On May 20, 2018
[/color][color=#006600]
emperorblog:
all story must be completed
Counting on you. And don't forget to tell us the number of koboko you chop for camp o.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 3:12pm On May 20, 2018
Oroolorun:
[/color][color=#006600]
Counting on you.
And don't forget to tell us the number of koboko you chop for camp o.

okay boss be following all will be posted

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 11:55am On May 21, 2018
PART 13 Tiwa savage, the man o war girl was amazed when the guys were singing the song joyously. After jogging round all the hostel blocks, we got back to the parade ground and we were handed over to the platoon commander, Captain Aminu. The camp director, Mr. T.K Shenge came to address us and we were taught how to recite the NYSC anthem. All platoons were separated and platoon 6 returned back to the captain Aminu. Talking about Captain Aminu, he is tall, dark, lanky, bald- headed, and he is always spotting a dark sun-glasses. He is cool and I like the way he motivates us. I remember he told us about his past, how he started working and schooling around 1992-1993. He congratulates us and in a matter of time, we were back to our drillings. We’ve increased in size so the drilling were not that much on us as we spread out wide. The drillings lasted till around 8am before the bingle was blown for breakfast. At last! We all headed to the kitchen but Ugo and I decided to visit Mama Nkechi’s restaurant to have a breakfast of rice and beans which I didn’t enjoy at all. Ugo and I was still pondering whether to wash some clothes when we got back to the hostel before we heard the sound of the bugle for another parade. Oh God! What kind of thing is this? It was just 10 minutes past 10. We lined up according to our platoon inside the hot sun and harmattan. We practiced all the drills we’ve learnt together before we were finally dismissed around 11.45am. When we were dismissed, I heard a female voice called my name. I looked back and asked her where she knows me and she said it’s from the bus from Jos to Bauchi. Oh! Now I remember. She was the girl that sat alongside Ugo in the bus. I didn’t look at her when we boarded the bus but I remembered she was fair in complexion. We chatted for a while before leaving for our different hostel. ooops! Busayo. Yes. Her name was Busayo. Getting back to the hostel, Ugo and I decided to wash before going to the mamee to amend our khaki’s for amendment, washing and ironing which cost us N2, 000 each. We were expecting the bugle to be blown by 3pm as usual but we were out rightly surprised when we didn’t hear it. When it got to 4.05pm, the bugle was blown and we all trooped out in numbers. It’s just been a repetition of drills by Captain Aminu, nothing special. The drilling continued till around 6pm when the Nigerian flag was been brought down (Nigeria going to sleep in the exact words of the soldiers) we are to stand till the bugle stops. At 7.00pm, we were released for dinner. Janelle was still doing her hide and seek with the camp soldiers. She don’t seems to be 100% fit for the camp stress and drillings yet. She played a fast one thou, claiming she has not been registered, hence, allowed to move around in mufti. Janelle and I later met at the entrance of the mamee market. I did a brief introduction between her and Ugo before we proceeded to the mamee market to get what to eat because we couldn’t cope with the long queue at the camp’s kitchen. Ugo suggested we should taste something different. He suggested we opt for fried yam and egg from an Aboki in which I gladly accepted while I was chatting with Janelle. Janelle has this small stature and a very soft hands which sends shock waves round my body. We held hands for some time while chatting before Ugo got the food inside the cooler. I escorted her outside the mamme market which leads to her hostel. Ugo told me he has to shave his scanty beards before heading back to the hostel and that was when it all happened between me and one of the soldiers.
READ MORE ON,www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 11:56am On May 21, 2018
PART 14 Instead of going to the hostel alone, I decided to go back to the mamme market. I saw Timi with some couple of friends chatting before I joined them. We were so engrossed in our discussion before we heard a voice from behind us, ordering us to drop our phones to another corp member. We looked back and saw a 3 star soldier standing right behind us. We looked stunned and amazed at the rate of his command. The corp member he ordered came to us and we all dropped our phones like a mumu. Who born us well? The fear of a soldier is the beginning of wisdom. After dropping the phone, he ordered us to follow him. When we got to the outskirt of the mamee market, one of the girls with us started limping so he freed her. Immediately he freed the girl, he ordered another guy who was entering the market to stop, collected his phone and told him to follow us. I was devastated as well as surprised as I couldn’t figure out what we’ve all done. He took us to the parade ground and he ordered the first guy to do some sort of punishment for like 3 minutes before telling him to stand up. He ordered the second guy to follow suit but to our greatest surprise, the guy refused blatantly claiming he has medical report and he was also ill. This action of his really aggravated the anger of the captain. He asked us to stay at one side because the guy is going to suffer the punishment meant for all of us. We were glad and at the same time wondering what our sin really is. Although, he stylishly punished us by making us stand with him all through the duration we spent with him. He sang different soldier songs and at the same time teaching us how to sing it. He taught us some of the chorus and said the person who has the highest voice will leave. Timi, being the one closer to him took the advantage by singing higher and he was released. Timi left us and we were now 3 males, 3 females. He kept singing till he didn’t know what to sing again. Later, he began to talk about how he joined the army. From his words, he said he has joined the army when he was 10. He explained to us about all the hardness he had faced all the way down to the position he now holds. The scary part of his story was his last encounter with the Boko haram members along Wailo road, Bauchi state. He said he had gotten the information about their coming so he had arranged about 10 officers with him not knowing the amount of hilux bus the book guys were bringing along. He said the quantity of ammunition they held couldn’t curtail them so he sent for re-enforcement. He said the re-enforcement took hours and he really felt he would be dead by the end of that day. According to him, he said he lost 3 captains in the encounter with the book haram members. Finally, re-enforcement came to their rescue and they were able to wade-off the book haram guys. I felt for him though. He said he has lost a brother, a best friend and a close friend in the military job and he does not want to leave the job yet because of that even though he planned to do something important later in his life.. Poor guy! Like he said, they were trained to kill. Finally, he told us the crime we committed was not greeting a captain. What? Just that? Military guys can be tough sha. Finally, he freed us. Yes! He released us. From his uniform, I discovered his name was Captain Nwabunike, with a 3 star. What? He does not even look like an igbo. We apologized to him and he let us go after giving us our phones. Getting back to the hostel, I felt very weak and tired. Ugo was dead worried where I could have been. I explained my ordeal to him and the rest of the guys in the room. They were really surprised that one could get punished by a soldier just because you didn’t greet them. They all laughed at me and I told them not to worry, their own sef dey come, especially Ejike. They laughed while I decended on the fried yam and eggs we got earlier at the mamee market. It’s has been a long day and an adventurous one as at that. Just what I wanted but not an encounter with the fierce looking soldiers in camp. read more www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 9:32am On May 22, 2018
PART 15 27TH OF NOVEMBER 2015 DAY 3 IN CAMP “SWEARING IN” According to the advice of Timi, he said the best time to have your bath in this hostel is around 1am or 2am before everyone wakes up. Nawa o. when person no be witch. Life in camp sha. Me wey be say if na my papa house I dey, two alarms no fit wake me. In fact, my mum does a good job trying to wake me every time. Don’t mind me. Am not a spoilt brat, am just lucky to be the last born of the house so I enjoy all the freedom at home. Back to the hostel, I couldn’t sleep well so I woke up almost every time to check my phones if they are still intact (laughs) Waking up around 2am was not really strange to me anymore. I took the bucket and went straight to the well to get water before going to the bathroom. To my greatest surprise, the bathroom was being occupied by some corp members like me who wants to bath early and don’t want to stand the long queue later 4am. I still managed to escape through just within few minutes of standing on the queue. Back to the room, I got dressed and got back to bed to sleep till we hear the bugle for the morning parade. 4.35am, the useless bugle was blown and I felt like slapping the person blowing it. The fear of punishment is the beginning of waking up early before the soldiers starts giving countdowns. I stood up immediately, putting on my white knickers, waist bag and phones before running to the parade ground. The weather was so cold but we just have to obey the clarion’s call. 4.50am, we were already lining up according to our different platoons. Soon, the camp director came out with some soldiers and the man o war. We were cold and I must confess that my teeth were hitting each other. We recited the national anthem, the pledge and the Nysc anthem. Sooner, we’ve begin to shake off the cold gradually before the man o war was called to take over. Seriously, I enjoyed the drills the female man o war gave us the previous day and I was looking forward to her again. I nicknamed her ‘’Tiwa savage’’ because she looks like her and also has a voice like her too. She is beautiful, slim, and fair and she also has this strange long hair (thanks to Brazilian hair) and a nice eye brow. Enough of the Tiwa savage man o war girl abeg. We sang different songs and joked along the line, to the extent of lifting up one of the soldiers in the process. The whole parade ground scattered at the view of that. I nicknamed a guy in my platoon “Don Jazzy” because of the way he carries the platoon with his igbo song. After all the drills and exercise, the man o war handed us over to our platoon commander and when it was 8.30am, we were released to go have our breakfast.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 9:33am On May 22, 2018
PART 16 Not quite long, we heard the blowing of the bugle which signifies that we must rush to the parade ground with our Khaki trousers a, Nysc crested vest and the Khaki jacket for the swearing in. My Khaki trouser was in a bad shape. The Nysc belt was another case but I had no choice than to put it on. Getting to the parade ground, all the stage was set for coming of the governor and the chief judge of Yobe state. Standing under the hot sun, we were arranged by the soldiers platoon by platoon. The soldiers were also in new uniforms just as we were also in our Nysc khaki. As expected, representatives was sent by the governor and the chief judge. We all waited till the governor and chief judge’s representative arrived. The M.C really killed the program with his introduction of the guests and also wasting hell of time delaying us under the hot sun which was burning us really hard. The representative of the governor of Yobe state (Name escapes me right now) came up to the podium to give his speech. After reading out his speech for 25 minutes, we gave him a round of applause. Now the real swearing in is about to start as the chief judge steps forward to give his speech. The flag bearer stepped forward to perform the little drills they’ve been able to learn. Each platoon selected a person who goes to the chief judge, salutes then present an oath on behalf of the platoon which he will sign. All these continued till the platoon 10 representative signed his oath and the chief judge recited the oath while everyone repeats after him. After the “Amen”, we shouted and clapped. We were discarded around past 2 and everyone was snapping pictures with their Khaki’s. Ugo and I took some couple of shots together. After that, Janelle and I hooked up and we decided to have lunch together at Mama Nkechi’s restaurant. She requested for garri and vegetable while I kept watching her eating, hoping and calling Ugo to show up so we can eat together. I kept calling Ugo but he was not picking up. Janelle tried convincing me to eat or take a drink which I actually declined. She kept. She started frowning at me but I just can’t leave Ugo out in anything we do in camp. Just as if Ugo was reading me too, he just showed up at the spot where I was seated. Amaka, the restaurant attendant was also asking me why I didn’t eat but I told her I didn’t eat because my guy was not here. Janelle even asked if we were gay (laughs). She didn’t know the bond between Ugo and I was more than a friend. We are now brothers from different mother. Ugo showed up and he seems to be very hungry. He asked if I have eaten and I replied him that I was waiting for him and I was sure he was surprised. Amaka and Janelle replied him that I was waiting for him before I eat. He ordered for pounded yam with Egusi soup which we graciously ate together. When we were coming back from the restaurant, I told ugo that I have to visit the OBS studio for the auditioning. I met lots of corpers there queuing for the auditioning too. I wrote my name down waiting patiently for my name to be called.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 1:05pm On May 22, 2018
nkemdave Centino marvewhale isyben stevodot22

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by stevodot22(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2018
Present!
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 7:55pm On May 22, 2018
PART 17 THE OBS AUDITIONING The auditioning by done by Mr. Micheal, a dark guy and he was a corp member too. I was asked to make an imaginary presentation on politics which I did well. In the process of still talking, I was halted and told I would be contacted if I made the cut. I got back to the hostel, I told Ugo about how everything went. I left for the toilet and after that, I went to the kitchen to get the lunch of yam porridge. At 4.05pm, we were called to the parade ground by the usual trumpet. We all rush down to the parade ground on our white on white and got cracking (according to Oga Lagos, aka female ladies) with our usual drills. We elected a platoon leader among us (someone like a class captain). After everything, I got back to the hostel feeling tired. Just then I received a call from Janelle and her text message. Some minutes later, I got a message from an unknown number which congratulated me and said I have been selected to be among the OBS crew. I was so happy. I showed Ugo the text and he was happy for me too. The message states that there would be a meeting with all the new members at 7pm so I quickly dressed up and headed straight to the studio. THE MEETING: THE FIRST DAY IN THE OBS STUDIO Mr. Micheal welcomed every one of us and informed us that this would be his 4th OBS crew that he will be managing. Talking of Micheal, he is a dark with an average height & beards. He said he is a sport presenter on bauchi state radio station. He is from Anambra state and he speaks hausa, igbo, English fluently and a bit of Yoruba. His nickname is Mighty Mic. He called out the names of all the guys picked while each and every one introduces himself/herself. He further explained that there are different programs in the OBS such as News update, sports café, camp gist, wake up call, political platform, reggae show, request, shout out, quiz programs, sports panorama, the forum, freestyles, hip hop, love launch, interviews throw back music, wazobia, pure hausa program, running minds, top 10 countdowns, etc. He explained that what they really needed was 10 presenters, 8 marketers, and 11 newscasters. He introduced his senior colleague which happens to be an INEC official working for the Bauchi state govt. His name is Mr. Mohammed Abubakar. He addressed us on things to do and not to, things to say while on air and things not to say. 8.55pm, I got back to the hostel tired and feeling weak. I was happy I was going to be among the sport crew of the OBS so we still had to prepare for our first program by 9am the next day. The bad network couldn’t help issue but I still denied myself some sleep to get myself prepared for the programs tomorrow. I just can’t wait.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 7:59pm On May 22, 2018
PART 18 28TH OF NOVEMBER 2015 DAY 4 IN CAMP “THE FIRST DAY IN OBS” I was actually thinking of waking up by 2am to have my usual early bath before preparing my scripts for the day’s challenge. I was tired as I could only manage to wake up around past 3. I took my bath, changed my clothes and made some quick online research before going for the early drills which starts at 4.30am. Things got set and the trumpet sounded. We rushed immediately to the parade ground but in my own case, I ran to the OBS studio to meet the members of the crew to discuss together and how the program will be arranged among the 4 of us. My guy’s name are Dafe, Ekene and Nonso. Around past 6, we were done and I rushed back to join platoon 6 members in the early morning drills. We’re getting used to the drilling anyway so it was all fun. We were released around 8am for the breakfast. Getting back to the room, one of my guys in the room gisted me that my friend is now elected the platoon leader of platoon 4. I be witch walahi! I had once told Ugo that he is going to be made the platoon leader but the called it off. Now it has happened and am sure Beautiful Onyinye won’t be happy with me on this at all. When Ugo came back to the hostel, I congratulated him. He was surprised about how I go t to know about this. I told him nothing is new under the sun so it’s better we head straight to the mamee market to celebrate this. After eating, I went to the studio where the rest of the guys are already waiting for me. It’s just some few minutes to the show so we rehearsed for the last time before grabbing the Microphone. We did the program nicely but just a little shortcomings which needed to be corrected in the next line of our program. We had the show for 45 minutes before signing out finally and we were greeted with a round of applause. The supervisor of the studio if I may call him that, Mr. Mic commended us and he told us the things to do and things not to do the next time we will anchor the show. We thanked him, noted our corrections and headed out of the studio to fill the NYSC oath of allegiance. Some minutes later, I heard an announcement from the OBS studio that our transport allowance has been paid so we had to go to the registration hall with our meal ticket to collect it. Come see corpers! Everybody ran and all the route leads to the registration hall. The queue was much and it took about 30 minutes before it got to my turn and I was paid the N1500 allowee. Immediately we left the registration hall, I heard there is going to be a meeting with all OBS crew around 12pm. I went there, sat with them and since I don’t have any familiar face among them, I took my notebook and begin reading. Its 1.45pm, and the meeting is still yet to commence. I don’t know when I slept off because all I knew was someone waking me around 2pm. Michel arranged the hall and greeted us all. After some minutes, he rolled out the names of people that has been picked. Fortunately, I was one of them but he said something that pricked my mind. He said if not that I waited for hours, he wouldn’t have picked me. That word of his stricken deep into me but I just had to let it be. If not for my interest in this OBS stuff right from time, I wouldn’t be here bit I choose to take up his words as a challenge for me to prove my worth. I got back to my hostel feeling moody. I greeted the guys in the room and I asked them what was rolling in the kitchen for lunch. I was told it was Garri and Egusi. Ejike and I opted to visit the kitchen together and in no time we were back after a few minutes. I did some washing after eating and I decided to charge my phones for a while. The bugle sounded after some minutes. The black soldier blowing the trumpet banged the door of our room and asked us to fall out immediately. The fear of punishment is the beginning of wisdom. Seriously, ever since our swearing in, the soldiers are not taking it likely with us at all as any silly mistake you make, you get punished heavily for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by stevodot22(m): 9:18pm On May 22, 2018
What a nice piece u've got here. Waiting for the next update.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 9:48pm On May 22, 2018
u
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 11:22am On May 23, 2018
MY NYSC DIARY AND 21 DAYS IN CAMP PART 19 AND 20 May 23, 2018 emperor ONLINE BUSINESS No Comment MISSED OTHER EPISODE CLICK HERE PART 19 I got to the parade ground around 4.10pm and I met Captain Aminu with the rest of the platoon guys about life in the army. He told us that back then, he earns N500 per month. We were amazed. Immediately, Captain Aminu sighted the platoon 7 commander heading towards the basketball court, he hurried us all to run to the court. Oga lagos and Aminu started the drillings all over again and I remembered Mighty Mic told us there would be a meeting by 6pm in the studio. At the sound of the trumpet which signifies that the Nigeria flag is going down, we all stood at attention for some minutes after which I escaped from the group and headed straight to the OBS studio. I got there at 6.15pm and I discovered nothing was happening yet. Mighty Mic was nowhere to be found. I heard tonight is the welcome party for all corpers and the venue is the registration hall. I was really looking forward to it. According to Micheal, the OBS crew will be there to get things set for the party while he will be anchoring the show with one of us. Thinking about dinner, I really don’t know what to eat so I called Janelle to know how far with her. Minutes later, we were strolling down to the mamee market. She said she has eaten Semo with Egusi at Mama Amaka so I would only be eating the dinner alone. I was clueless about what to eat so I decided to order for something light. I ordered for a pack of noodles and 2 eggs. During the process of waiting for the noodles to be served, Janelle and I was talking and from our discussion, I discovered she has someone she is seeing. (Laughs) Am I jealous or what? This is the second time I will be feeling this way today and it’s really bad. Having those stupid feelings towards a friend. Just like a flash, I felt bad and decided that the food should be arranged in a take away. I lost appetite instantly. She noticed my change of mood but I told her I was fine. When we were leaving the restaurant, she received a call from the same Horla guy again and that was just what killed it. She left me and was heading towards the directions of the guy so I left her and headed back to the hostel. Ugo and the rest of the guys were already in the room. That’s the major reason I liked Ugo. He knows how to lighten you up when you are in a bad mood. Janelle called severally after I got to the hostel (5 times) while she also sent a text message too. She apologized that if she had done anything wrong because she didn’t like the way I left. All well and good with Ugo lightening me up, I feel happy and decided to attend the party after all.
read more stories qnd episode here. www.emperorblog.com.ng

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 11:26am On May 23, 2018
PART 20 THE WELCOME PARTY I got to the venue at 8.25pm and I was shocked to see an already filled auditorium. Lots of corpers turned up for this event while am sure more and more people will turn up when the party commences. Different people, different persons, different way of doing things that is just the hallmark of an NYSC camp. The members of the OBS crew was also seen coordinating things inside directing the corpers to available sits. A DJ was also on stage dishing out the music at my own dismay because am not a lover of the hip hops). I still remember back in secondary school days when I was aspiring to be a D.J. Hmmm, I was an admirer of all D.J’s in all my favorite radio station. I remember I had their names on a sheet paper that time and if I could remember, they were up to 35. Back to the party, Mighty mic was the MC of the show and I must confess that he is really good in front of the crowd. He calls out each platoon to come and dance on the stage. Lots of corpers are trooping in minutes by minutes as some were even standing when there are no available sits in the auditorium again. They are really blocking my views here and for me to get all details about the welcome party, I have to find something to do about my height (laughs and sighs) Corp members can be funny sha. Come see different style of dancing. Happiness is not something from the environment at times, it is something much deeper from the mind and inner most part of our heart. It’s not my best night and all thanks to Janelle. At times, I wonder why God created me so emotional. Is it a crime? Seriously if not for the writing purpose and also to fulfill all righteousness, I should be on my bed right now, sleeping or preparing scripts for tomorrow’s sport show. What type of human being am I? At times, I have a feeling that I am a complicated being because I feel there is no one like me out there. I wonder who is eating noodles and eggs in this filled up place as the aroma filled everywhere here. Sighting Ugo in the auditorium too. He decides not to visit the mamee market again to eat. Funny guy! The new platoon leader even after the second election was conducted today. (Laughs) Beautiful Onyinye must not hear this, if not she might cut off my head when we get back to lagos. Sitting beside me here is a beautiful girl named Onye who was curious to know what I was writing. We exchanged pleasantries and that was it. An artiste was called to perform a song. Only God knows where they get the money from. At times, I wish am a bad guy, walk up to a girl majestically, toast her and also have my way on her, not for anything nut to pay back the pains I have been passing through all this years in the hands of girls. Back to the party, the second artiste performing is for from the University of Jos according to him. I still don’t see what he is singing that makes some of the corpers to be shouting and screaming to cheer him up. Arrant nonsense! Where we have Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Orlando Owoh, Victor Olaiya, Tunji Oyelana, (sighs). The world rotates so is the time! www.emperorblog.com.ng

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by emperorblog(m): 1:24pm On May 24, 2018
PART 21 29TH OF NOVEMBER 2015 “DAY 5 IN CAMP” “THE PERFECT REST” One of the most pleasant things to know as a corper is that today is Sunday. Being a Sunday, there is no early morning parade as usual so everybody slept till they were satisfied. I, on the other hand, was being awake for some time to write my script for the OBS sport panorama later in the evening. I prayed, played some good music to light up my soul. I sent Janelle a text message (A happy Sunday greetings) and stayed glued to my phone to get my manuscript prepared. Ugo on the other hand keeps sleeping and snoring (Laughs) He must be very tired. It’s not easy to be a platoon leader. It’s a big responsibility that needed to be handled by a strong man, Just like Ugo. I was lying on the bed, thinking about all the events that happen yesterday. The OBS Show, the evening parade, the walk with Janelle, the call, the messages, walking back to the hostel, Janelle’s messages, the social night, the odd feelings, the emotions, the guy with Janelle after the party was over, the lonely trip back to the hostel, Janelle’s call (which I didn’t pick), the lonely night and gratefully waking up again to see today. Now I thought of home. Oh! I miss home. Home sweet home people say. I just hope everybody is fine at home. I was thinking of calling home to check how they were fairing unknowing to me that I had picked Janelle’s call that came in just immediately I was about making a call out. Her voice was so cool on the phone. Telling me she didn’t expect me to behave that way, me being her best friend. Well, I was speechless because her call caught off guard. Could this be Jealousy or what? No. Maybe a bit of it but the truth is that she also did a wrong thing by leaving me to meet a friend, at least, she should have let me know but she just went away then I lost it inside of me. If I had seen the call, I might have prepared what to say but the call really caught me off guard and unprepared and am not ready to let that affect my day so I quickly discarded the call. 7.40am, the trumpet for breakfast sounded. A breakfast of bread, tea and a boiled egg.(See combination, boiled egg! Chai! I don suffer) after eating, I decided to go shave away my beards at the mamee market. On my way going, I remembered taking some pictures so I decided to branch there to check if the pictures are ready. It took me like 30minutes before I was able to get it sorted out. After paying the balance, I went straight to the mamee market where I had to wait for my turn before I could shave. It was really a nice work on my hair by the Aboki barber. I paid him N100 for his services before heading back to the hostel. The guys were into a hot argument and I just can’t stop laughing. The landlord, Ejike and the rest of the guys were at their usual best. I washed some of my dirty cloths before going to have my bath. The landlord, Wright Onoja was getting ready for church service at NCCF. I told him to wait for me so we could go there together. We got to the NCCF at 10.20am. The multipurpose room was used for the church service and it all seems strange to me somehow. The dancing and singing is not really my thing. I sat down, brought out my journey book to get it updated. The NCCF is really filled to the brim. Even outside of the church was filled with corpers. A little drama play was started in the church at 10.030am. The drama finished around 10.45am. It was a nice piece though. In Summary, it talked about a prince who offended his father but hide it under the shadow of a servant who uses the opportunity to enslave him for 4 years. After 4 years, he couldn’t endure it anymore so he walked up to his father, confessed his sin and he was forgiven. The servant showed up at that moment to deny the prince his freedom but instead, the servant was punished. Nice drama isn’t it? While waiting outside, I was looking at the NCCF stand where different religious and motivational books were sold. Am not a fan of these books but one particular one got my attention and I got it. You want to know right? The name of the book is Myles Munroe’s Waiting and dating.
read more on www.emperorblog.com.ng

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment / WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) / Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.