Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (27372 Views)

My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) / My Nysc Diary. On Visiting Igbotente Onigangan: A Story / My Nysc Diary.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:13am On Jun 09, 2018
PART 45 Mighty Mic and Gold was the one anchoring tonight’s show and the event was sponsored by airtel. One thing I noticed this night, Seyi was looking stunning! How I wish things were just so perfect. I just don’t know why luck is just always against m each time it comes to emotional affairs and that’s just the main reason why I refused to open up my emotions towards her because I know it’s something that won’t last. Back to the variety night, the contestant for the Miss orobo and Mrs Nysc was called to the podium. The Mr. Macho man contestant was also being called upon. The Miss Orobo contestant was later called one by one, giving us their names, course studied and the platoon they are representing. Later one, the Airtel representatives were giving out airtime. Nnanna, one of us got one out of the numerous airtimes that was called to the audience. Hungry don dey halla my head o. I need to rush to the mamee before it’s too late. Where else will I go to, If not to Mama Amaka’s restaurant to eat Semo and Egusi soup. I got back to the hall by 9.40pm meeting the Miss Nysc contestant being introduced. The show was really going on well as most of the chairs in front are filled to the brim. Outside of the auditorium was also filled with corpers trying to catch a glimpse of what is going on through the window. After a performance by some corpers, the Miss Orobo contestant has changed to their different native attires and they were being called one by one to the audience. I must confess that they are beautiful in those attires. What my eyes are seeing here are unexplainable. They are things young men shouldn’t be seeing or else, he can get blind. The crowds are happy and cheering them up but this is really obscene stuff that guys shouldn’t be seeing. After all the contestant finished dancing, a comedian from a platoon came to crack some jokes but the crowd was yelling at him to leave the stage. That’s pathetic! At least, they should have encouraged him. Am having some little headache here but a funny thing just occurred here. The fat guy that hawks NYSC belt just came to the stage to perform some crazy dance steps! Whao! I never believed a fat guy like that could move his body o. The macho men have now changed to an English outfit and they’ve been called out to see the audience with their new outfit one by one. The guys were being asked questions which they are to answer. After the first round of questions, they were told to dance to music all round before the questioning continued. The dancing is quite funny you know. They tried sef. Wetin I fit dance? It’s now time to call on the Miss nysc to come show off their new outfit. They really looked astonishing! It’s now their turn for the question and answer. After the first round of question and answer, they were told to dance one by one. After they had danced, then the shocker happened! Mighty Mic called on all OBS members to come and dance on the stage. Getting to the stage, I told the guys that we can do it and they should let us perform our song. I grabbed the Microphone and with Jerry dazzling his magic fingers on the guitar, it sent a shock waves into the crowd.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2018
PART 46 Then Dafe came in with the introduction and immediately he was done, I took up the chorus and the rest of the guys backed up. I took the first verse, and then Afeez took the second verse with a rap. It was wonderful am telling you. This was the best moment of my life. I have never had the chance to make use of my talent and this was the first! Who remembered Faze’s Originality song? Remember how he mentioned all the great artiste Nigeria ever had? I took inspiration from that song and I was able to call out the names of all OBS members in form of a rap. I didn’t know when Mrs Gibson came to the stage to give me a hug and also cheering everybody up. Even thou not all the members of the crowd cheered us up; we knew we killed the song. Another dance performance was called from the audience and they were about 7 corp members which were later trimmed down to 2 people. Expectedly, Rejoice, Alopay’s vice was among the last two people standing. As the girl short, naso she sabi dance. At last, Rejoice lost out to the guy and the both of them was given an airtel gift pack. The judges were being called upon so they could gather their result and tell us the winner. The Miss Orobo result would be announced first by the camp commandant, captain A.B Balal who I didn’t even notice his presence at first. Its 11.40pm and the hall is now getting empty gradually. Am sure some guys don go their hostel go sleep. Seyi and I was busy passing a sheet of paper between us to communicate since there was an hell of noise. She was having a feeling that I love her. So bad! Back to the event of the night, the judges are putting their heads together to get the result and it goes thus. Platoon 5 is the 10th. Platoon 8 with position 9,8th position to platoon 4. 7th position to platoon 9,6th position to platoon 7, 5th position to platoon 1, 4th position to platoon 10, 3rd position to platoon to platoon 2, 2nd position goes to platoon 6 while platoon 3 wins the Miss orobo contest. The next result that will be announced will be for Mr. Macho. Time check 11.55pm and the hall is still on fire. 8th position goes to platoon 5. 7th to platoon 7, 6th position to platoon 9, 5th position to platoon 4, 4th position to platoon 3,3rd position to platoon 6, 2nd position to platoon 2 while platoon 10 wins it! The next on the line is Miss Orobo. Time check again is 12.01am of 11th of December 2015. The girls are coming out from the backstage so they could announce the winner. 10th position goes to platoon 3, 9th position goes to platoon 4, 8th position goes to platoon 1,7th position goes to platoon 2, 6th position to platoon 9, 5th position to platoon 8, 4th position to platoon 10, 3rd position to platoon 6, 2nd position to platoon 7 while platoon platoon 4 wins the miss NYSC competition. The state coordinator was on ground to give out the gift to the winner and he also put the crown on her head. We left the hall after the NYSC anthem has been recited. Seyi and I went to the studio together to eat the rice served by the kitchen. Time check, its 12.30am! I get back to the hostel at 12.50am. What a day, the NYSC VARIETY NIGHT!
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:50am On Jun 10, 2018
Hello guys there a PROMO GOING ON ON MY BLOG COMMENT AND WIN the READER With the higheat Comment at,the end of the month will win a Month subscribtion of his or,her choice.
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:53am On Jun 10, 2018
Samexdx stephengee12 hadampson dview001 rachealfst alarmednigerian vakjay08 meneski yommy20 prettyrose bibijay123 oyindawealth maltaleeza bakeuhappy supizino queenitee honourable356 debbycreamy dabila olufemiwhit kimkardashian Kimberly west iamloyalty countrygirl ayoshewa donteanz smokeydrinky chisiudeh dupsai sirgoldejike vincad skillful01 captainpower sikells castleberry maryclaire1 modik rhayne kunbeex princessadeola soulminister heemah osch10 Nmaglit forzarush sofiaamrozia misselocon jazmiynne mobecs damselbae igyeseh nanadeeva01 tolezy001 eitsei raintaker slimberry123 segibambo ladysunshine94 khennykhay rchilee dimssy boderline politicalthug Rodriguez12 prisivileth pweetywizzy charytea laraemi emzyme tillaman niwdog jekonmor officialflex bleeze2 cjizzy citygold121 aminatope247 jaesharp emmyn donnad diegonakel ogmeekzy07 hardeybay princesam10 bleeze2 cruzyteekay freshestmanny oluwaemmanuel sleekhoyen sexyolori pinkfeet ayodijex cyber5 succyblinks jupitre cindymorgan shurley22 ayodijex damibiz criis costal alamiendagash jide219 switkera renybenks osmon1996 queendd oroolorun shawdey tlordz toyin223 funnyfun precial419 boldndbeautiful tenniebae
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2018
PART 47 11TH OF DECEMBER 2015, DAY 17 IN CAMP “JANELLE’S DISAPPERANCE I woke up by 4.30am to go to the morning parade. My eye was heavy as I have only slept for 3hours. The morning drills was done and we were separated from the people involved in the parade. When I see that I had nothing to do, I called Ella. She has been avoiding me for some days now and I still don’t know what I have done wrong. We met and she gave me a flimsy excuse of seyi and I told her never to repeat that kind of statement again. We gisted for some minutes before we left for the mamee to get bean cake (Akara in the local palace) for the breakfast of bread and tea. Nonso was back to his feet again. Thank God! I greeted everyone in the studio before going for my food. After eating, I went to the hostel to have my bath. We have already in our room that we would all snap a room picture this morning with our crested vest. In a matter of minutes, we were done. We went back to the room and started gisting. The trumpet was blown at 10.40am. It got blown late today and only God knows why. That signifies time for the lectures. I wonder what the lectures is all about today and I feel uninterested. I went to the studio, got a bed and I slept beside Victoria from 11.15am till 1.30pm. I felt hungry so I decided to visit Omolara’s restaurant to eat semo with egusi soup. After eating, I decided to go straight to the multipurpose hall to await the guys paying the allowy. Getting to the hall, the only figure I can see is Janelle. Janelle, talking about her still decided not to call or text me while I won’t do the same too. I was chatting with Ella and we were discussing Janelle and along the line she confessed she had feelings for me and that is why she has been avoiding me. I told her it doesn’t mean that we’re good to go as friends. Back to the multipurpose hall, the queue was not that much because the majority of the guys have gotten theirs yesterday. Within some minutes, I left the multipurpose hall straight to the studio. Dafe was ready to leave his lunch but I was filled already. Yam pottage was prepared and I don’t feel like eating anything whatsoever. I told that am not interested again that he should eat his food. After some brief chat with Mighty Mic, I left for the hostel. And talking about Mighty Mic, he did something that shocked me today. This morning, he changed his D.P to Janelle’s picture. I was shocked and surprised! Where did they meet? Where did they get to know each other? What warranted mighty Mic to use her picture as his D.P? So many questions were running through my mind that needs a lot of answers. This same thing was what I discussed with Ella this morning but we could only assume things. Back to the studio, mighty asked if I know the girl and I told him that I know her very well. I left the studio straight to the hostel where I just rested a bit waiting patiently for 3pm for the D.L.C.F meeting that would be done at the mamee market.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:57am On Jun 10, 2018
PART 48 At 3.05pm, I left the room for the mamee market going to attend the meeting. I met Bro. Johnson on the way and we both walked together to the shop at the mamee where I met some couple of church members too waiting for the meeting to commence. I was informed that there would be a combined service on Sunday in one of the classes used for SAED. After that, we were informed that we will be taking a picture together, so the sisters were told to go back to their hostel to put on their khaki trousers. Its 3.35pm and we are still waiting for the sisters to come. It’s just so unfortunate that some of the sister is the one delaying the pics. Having about 4 sisters and two brothers currently one of the MVP’S in the volleyball game that I covered, named Okeke was also among them. We finally had the picture after several shots by the photographer. The studio looks empty since there was no light. I saw HOK, Ayo eating some of the left over pottage naso I kuku join am. I joined the rest of the guys on the parade ground at 4.10pm. When we were trying to arrange ourselves in platoon, I still met Janelle. What is it about Janelle today? Ella and I were together all through the parade session. A.y, Goddy and Matthew the scanner saw us and they came over to greet us. The truth is that A.Y has a crush on one of the girls in OBS named, Oyin aka Fire. Oyin is tall, fair and beautiful although we don’t talk like that. A.y is a shy guy like me and he has been having sleepless night about this girl. Some couple of times A.Y would wake up very early in the morning thinking and drooling about this girl. This time, I decided to help him out. The truth is that Oyin was always with Ochi, another girl in OBS who has a blue hair while Oyin has a red coloured hair and that’s how they use to show their selves sef. I told Ella that I am coming back then I followed my guy and walked directly to where oyin and Ochi sat. I created an unnecessary discussion so that A.y can get the attention of Oyin. A.y had his chance at last before I went back to Ella. I gisted her about what I went to do and she couldn’t help but to laugh. The amplifier in the OBS studio is not working yet so there was no show for us in the studio be that. I went to the hostel to rest. When it was around 6.45pm, I received a call from an unknown number which I later discovered it was from Bro Johnson reminding me of the prayer meeting later in the evening. I changed and rushed to the venue where I met the others in prayer already. I joined them and the prayer lasted till 7.40pm. I went to the indomie stand to make yam and fried yam before going to the studio to eat the tuwo that was served. After eating, I rushed down to the toilet before retiring to my room where I had met some missed call from seyi. She told me she was at the clinic taking injection. I was shocked! Although she has lost her voice for some days now but she informed she is having an issue with her stomach due to the monthly menstruation. I knew its normal and it will only last for some days. I ran to the clinic but was shocked that I shocked that I couldn’t see her on any of the beds. I also discovered that the medical staffs would be having their party tonight. I called her again to ask where she is. She told me she has gone back to the hostel. I went to her hostel and we discussed for some minutes before bidding her goodnight. On my way back to the hostel, Ella called me and I told her am currently in front of her hostel and I am heading back to my room. Getting to the hostel, I took one of the guy’s laptop to watch the wooli’s Agba’s movie named Little Jimmy. I watched the film, ate some bread before sleeping
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by Iamicekid(m): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2018
Keep the good work bro
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by Hadampson(m): 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
yhungbrowhne:
Samexdx stephengee12 hadampson dview001 rachealfst alarmednigerian vakjay08 meneski yommy20 prettyrose bibijay123 oyindawealth maltaleeza bakeuhappy supizino queenitee honourable356 debbycreamy dabila olufemiwhit kimkardashian Kimberly west iamloyalty countrygirl ayoshewa donteanz smokeydrinky chisiudeh dupsai sirgoldejike vincad skillful01 captainpower sikells castleberry maryclaire1 modik rhayne kunbeex princessadeola soulminister heemah osch10 Nmaglit forzarush sofiaamrozia misselocon jazmiynne mobecs damselbae igyeseh nanadeeva01 tolezy001 eitsei raintaker slimberry123 segibambo ladysunshine94 khennykhay rchilee dimssy boderline politicalthug Rodriguez12 prisivileth pweetywizzy charytea laraemi emzyme tillaman niwdog jekonmor officialflex bleeze2 cjizzy citygold121 aminatope247 jaesharp emmyn donnad diegonakel ogmeekzy07 hardeybay princesam10 bleeze2 cruzyteekay freshestmanny oluwaemmanuel sleekhoyen sexyolori pinkfeet ayodijex cyber5 succyblinks jupitre cindymorgan shurley22 ayodijex damibiz criis costal alamiendagash jide219 switkera renybenks osmon1996 queendd oroolorun shawdey tlordz toyin223 funnyfun precial419 boldndbeautiful tenniebae
who summoned my spirit here??
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hadampson:
who summoned my spirit here??

nah evil spirit o
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by Hadampson(m): 5:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
yhungbrowhne:

nah evil spirit o
What.... Off i go
Anything evil is a no no for me... evil bawo
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 5:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hadampson:
What.... Off i go
Anything evil is a no no for me... evil bawo

dem,no,deg follow,u play again.
oya watch,yhe moviie i posted,and check my blog out
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2018
ooooo
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
PART 49 12TH OF DECEMBER 2015, DAY 18 IN CAMP “THE CAMP FIRE NIGHT” I woke up 4.26am to get dressed for the morning parade. The trumpet has been blown around 4.31am but the guys are not even bothered sef. The soldier’s sef don tire unlike before that they will come and start shouting on us and also giving us punishment. Alopay called everyone for a meeting. As usual, the people that will be participating in the parade were separated from us. I called Seyi to know her state of health. She told me she was at the studio. I met her lying down on the bed. Pap and bean cake was served in the studio. Our manager, Moses and his planning committee was planning on the OBS Party that was planned for tomorrow. The platoons also was cooking, killing goats, chickens, cows for their different platoon against the camp fire night. We’ve been told that the platoon would be cooking and serving themselves. Currently 11.30am. All platoons are busy cooking and preparing for the camp fire night but am in the hostel with the guys watching the wooli agba’s video collection. After watching for some hours, I decided to have a bed rest for some hours before getting lunch. I woke up by 2.05pm and decided to go and eat at mama amaka’s restaurant. Ugo asked me to get him a food in a take away when coming. I waited for 30 minutes before pounded yam got ready. After eating, I got Ugo’s fried rice, plantain and chicken. I also branched at one of the Aboki’s shop to get a fried chicken for to N250. I got a bag of water along the way too because I know there was no water for ugo to eat. Ugo was fast asleep when I got back to the room so I just dropped the food and water beside him to pick an incoming call from Seyi. She actually called me to come for lunch at the studio. Eba and egusi was served but I was only able to eat little. After eating, I went to the photo stand to get the photograph we snapped in the OBS studio on Thursday. The picture was nice mehn. I got two copies of the pictures I snapped with Ekene and Dafe and the one I snapped with Seyi. I got back to the studio and I gave Seyi her own copy. She loved it and she couldn’t but help to show them to the rest of the guys and they all loved it. Looking into her eyes, I can see that she was blushing and am sure the pictures will keep memories. Later on, Seyi and I chatted till the trumpet was blown for the evening parade so I went straight to the parade ground to see what is going on. Oga Saviour, one of the technical guys that we have in OBS chatted for a while before the parade started. When the parade was about to start, he suggested that we should return to the studio. Getting to the studio, I went to where seyi sat and we got sited to discuss so many things; the camp, life, her family, school and she also can’t stop talking about LOVE but the truth was that my emotions was locked up. I don’t want to feel any pains or emotions towards her. It’s obvious that she loves me but how am I going to tell her that I don’t feel the same for her? Ella also has feelings for me too. This is just ridiculous. Felt something for Ella back In ogun state before she told me her age but afterwards, I have zeroed my mind towards her but am surprised when she confessed that she feel something for me and its obvious.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
PART 50 At 6.25pm, I left the studio for the hostel to get prepared for the camp fire night. Currently 7.10pm, gisting with my guys in the room and we were discussing about relationship, guys, love and girls in general. The argument went on till the landlord, Goddy and Ayo joined us and they succeeded in distracting us. We continued our discussion till Ugo decided to join his peeps while I also joined him to visit the studio. As usual, it was empty. Just few people was present; Dafe, Precious, Ify and Christy. I went to the parade ground to meet the D.J and all the stage was set for the camp fire night. THE CAMP FIRE NIGHT It started at 8.05pm, with me announcing that all corp members should please come out of their rooms to the parade ground. Moses and I took charge of the microphone, me speaking as a female while he talks like the guy taking his babe out. We checked out the entire platoon one by one, inspecting their table before returning to the OBS stand. The man o war guys are ready to light up the firewood at the middle of the field currently 9.10pm. At exactly 9.15pm, we recited the NYSC anthem. The man o war coordinator was called to address the corpers and also give a brief explanation about the antecedent of the camp fire night. At 9.20pm, the fire was set and that signifies the beginning of the night and the man o war guys danced round it before they came to salute the camp director. The next is the testing of food by the judges. Lots of guys are taking shots of the fire while the judges are testing the food for platoon 1 while all the platoon was being called one by one to dance round the fire. After all the platoon had danced round, all OBS Crew was called to dance round the fire too. It was fun. The fire was so hot mehn. Hell fire no go good o! You better repent. The fire was able to take away the cold everyone was having sef. After dancing round it, we got back to our stand and started looking for our chairs. Currently 9.55pm. The food testing is still going round the platoon while in some platoon, the food has been served. Seyi and I were together as expected; all hidden things on each other’s mind would be poured out this night (crys) We both went to where our platoon was, took our food packs before going to the OBS Stand. After the testing of the food, the Judges concluded that 3rd position will go to Platoon 2. 2nd position goes to platoon 1 while platoon 8 wins the cooking competition. After the announcement, the camp director congratulated the winners and told everyone to enjoy their selves. Moses and Mighty Mic was dancing and before I know what’s happening, Mighty Mic came to where we sit, took Seyi’s hands to ask her for a dance which she grudgingly obliged to. After about 10minutes of dancing with him, she came back to where I sat and held my hands.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by bigbauer(m): 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
I've been following this story howbeit as a ghost reader, now i'm showing my face, what an adventure you've had, and thanks for sharing with us.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 4:55am On Jun 13, 2018
bigbauer:
I've been following this story howbeit as a ghost reader, now i'm showing my face, what an adventure you've had, and thanks for sharing with us.

you qre always welcome boss
and thanks for commenting

visit www.emperorblog.com.ng for,more
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2018
PART 51 At 10.45pm, people were going round the fire because the cold was getting much. Seyi told me that we should move there too. At this time, the D.J has started packing already. We held hands, took some couple of pictures together. She kept looking into my eyes like she would find some answers to the question going on in her mind. Surely she was madly in love with me but I wasn’t feeling anything. My emotions are locked up. During this time, we went to the mamee to eat. She said a lot of things which I can’t even write. Her feelings, people’s thought about us, even the soldier, Chukwuma approached her but they all thought we were dating. She talked about Bisi, Mighty Mic, and a guy in our platoon (who is married). On her own side, the only thing she knew that won’t make things work out between us was the genotype. She was “AS” while I was “AS” too. Something she discovered from my I.D Card. She told me Eka has also asked her about me whether we were dating. She had explained to her too and that was where I was beginning to fear her. She was deeply in love and ready to do anything. She does not even want to see me with any girl (She confessed that too). Then she asked the unthinkable, my age. I managed to scrape the question. What’s the essence of knowing my age when we know things won’t work out between us. Oh Seyi! It’s just one of the things in life! When it was 11.20pm, she asked me to walk her to her hostel which I did. She never don’t want me to go but she has no choice. She gave me one of the longest hugs she has ever given me. I strolled back to the room with the food package we got from our platoon. A bad fried rice with Salad and a piece of meat. Ha! The future of Nigeria’s future housewives is bad! They can’t cook common fried rice upon all their forming for platoon. Getting to the room, it was boom with the guys eating from different take away and also complains about the food. That is what I love about my guys! They are complaining about the food they are eating. God punish devil. Food must not waste. We just joked and laughed about everything. Seriously, our girls are a bad cook. Forget about the winner, the future of our Nigerian wives is not bright at all.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by Iamicekid(m): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
Lol.. nice update.. keep up the good work
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
*Page 51* They were closing in on us then I tried again. This time, I got one. I aimed at the rest running to and in quick succession two was down. The 3 of them left started shooting towards me and my guys. How their bullet missed us was a mystery to me. Ugo was now moving gradually and they were all shouting, “Ola, let’s go, let’s go! I was moving towards them gradually with my back facing them and I was still shooting towards the book guys running towards us. I was running backwards and also shooting at the two guys left. Ugo getting towards the deepest part of the river now and I have only one option left. I have to jump into the canoe or I am a gunner! Then I shot one of them remaining who was shooting at me. Ugo screamed at me, Ola, Jump! Then with the last strength in me, I shot the last one I could be able to shoot but fortunately it got him and his last shot got me at the back. I had to stretch with my last strength to jump into the canoe then I screamed. I was dead, that was might thought because I could hear melodies of hymns. Then I knew I was in heaven. While I was still trying to examine the environment I am, I felt a tap on my shoulder hearing someone calling me. This must surely be an angel, welcoming me to heaven not until I heard Oga, Oga corper, wey your ticket and wetin be your ticket number? Then I opened my eyes then it dawn on me that I was still in the bus listening to church hymns on my phone. That was the driver calling me to get my ticket and ticket number. Opps! So it was all a dream! God punish devil!
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2018
PART 52 13TH OF DECEMBER 2015, “DAY 19 IN CAMP” “THE PENULTIMATE DAY BEFORE WE LEAVE” I was very weak to stand up from bed. Time check 7.10am! Ugo was still very well asleep, snoring and covering his body with his mosquito net. The church service slated for 9.00am this morning was on my mind and I had to shave my beards. I woke up, brush my teeth, and wash my face before going to the mamee market to get my beards shaved. When I got there, the queue was much and I just can’t wait because I don’t want to get late for the church service! It was 8.20am and I can’t wait again so I went back to the hostel. On my way, I saw Motunrayo, one of Ella’s friends. I greeted her and made way to the hostel. I just took sachet water, washed my eyes, legs and hair and got dressed for church. On my way to the church, I branch the multipurpose hall to copy my account number. Church service was interesting. I saw some new faces alongside 2 members of redeem who joined us. We have a pastor from Yobe in our midst who gave the Sunday message after Brother Victor had done the search the scriptures. After the service, we had a love lounge where a can malt and biscuit was packaged and shared to everyone. The message was so touching. It talked about obeying God’s will and implementing it in various ways of our life. We had a photograph after the service before I run to the hostel because I was so pressed. The kind shit wey hold me ehn, if I spend 1 extra minute there, I go shit for body. I took my bath afterwards before I took a stroll down to the photo stand to get some of the pictures I snapped with life concept and Diamond. I went to Omolara’s restaurant, ate a plate of pounded yam. I went back to the hostel and I had to lie on the bed to get my diary updated. It 2.15pm! The lunch should be ready now. I went to the studio where white rice and stew was served already. I still knack am join belle (In Dafe’s voice), but immediately I finished it, I was having this feeling of going to the toilet again (WTF). Naso I take run go toilet again for the 2nd time today. Goddy sef dey use me laugh. I tire jare. I just can’t wait to get back home. I just can’t wait to get back to the office. Am missing my job and Boss already! So many things were just running through my mind today. How am I going to navigate service and work? I don’t know what God really has in plan for us, for us, for me. It’s really confusing although I remain calm that God is in control of things. The next big event before the camp will be over is the OBS party which is slated for 6pm this evening. The girls have been busy cooking pepper soup and I think there will also be issuance of certificates and awards. The planning committees are currently having a brief meeting with Mighty Mic discussing about all the things in OBS so far and how the party would go later at night. List have been passed round for people to write their names (How they want it on the certificate) I took the list to the people in the kitchen to get their names too. The trumpet has been blown and we were expecting the state coordinator to come and address us at the parade ground this evening. Mr T.K shenge came to the studio to shout on us before everybody ran out of the studio.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 8:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
PART 53 The state coordinator started addressing us at 5.00pm telling us all the things we need to know about the PPA, the things to expect and most importantly when we are going to get our relocation letter. After all the yigi-yaga discussion, we recited the NYSC anthem before he left the field. Alopay sent a text that there would be a meeting after the parade in one of the class. At 6.03pm, Nigeria slept and we all halted at our different locations. After that, Pelumi and I went to the class meant for the meeting. The meeting took over 45minutes. Alopay addressed us, distributed the available Atm cards (because we were made to know that not all Atm card was available (the same problem with Platoon 1) our platoon officer also came to address us and he made mention of some guys writing petition against Alopay about Misappropriation of funds. Funny, isn’t it? I just dey laugh for my mind! Student can be very funny sha. Oga lagos aka the female ladies and Oga Aminu was also present in the meeting too: it was just like a planned work. At the end of it all, a well wrapped gift was presented to the platoon officer, Oga lagos and Oga Aminu. I left there with Seyi’s cap at 6.50pm. Getting to the studio, the stage was set for the party. I rushed to the hostel to get my khaki jacket because of the cold. 7.20pm, I was back to the studio. We were told to make votes of best presenter, most jovial, most caring, most punctual, etc about 7 categories. Mrs. Gibson said the party would start by 7pm but the time is far spent already. Dafe was chose to anchor this night show which started 7.50pm. We recited the NYSC anthem before Dafe handed over the Mic to the camp director, Mr T.K Shenge who welcomed everybody and also gave his word of appreciation. The next on the agenda is the issuance of the OBS certificate to the crew. Mr Abubakar took the Mic and he addressed us all. He handed over the Mic to the camp director who later passed the honour to the PRO Bauchi state. The PRO gave his speech by thanking us and hoping we have a wonderful evening. The certificate presentation started with the executives; Moses, Christy, Gbenga, Aminat, Jeremiah, Seun, Elijah, john, Umaru, Eka, Ayo (HOK), Nnoma, Jessica, Vicky, Adebisi (Female), Adebibi (Male), Tonye, Big Nonso, Oga Saviour, Ruth (Phonetic Ruth), Boniface, Silas, ME, Chameen, Afeez, Gold, Seyi, Precious, Henrietta, Nonso, Oyin, Dafe, Phyna. Mighty Mic was surprisingly given the certificate too. Ruth and Nonso (Big) just walked in. Dafe took the mic thereafter and the next on line is the presentation of gifts to the staffs. Awards were given to the camp PRO, Mrs Gibson, Mr Katings, the head of socials and mighty mic. The head of man o war presented a bottle of wine to Mr. T.K Shenge. The officials left us at 8.10pm. The next in the program is the mimicking of each other. Gbenga mimicked Ekene, while Oga Saviour mimicked me. It was fun. Pepper soup and a can of malt were served afterwards the award time came.

read more on www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 8:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
PART 54 Most punctual went to Ayodele. Best couple wnt to Tonye and Jessica. Although Mighty Mic exclaimed that what happened to Seyi and I (I smell beef). Am glad we were just nominated but didn’t win. Most jovial went to Ekene while most friendly went to Dafe. Best presenter went to Dafe, no doubt. Oga Saviour won the most appreciative. After the award ceremony, all Excos was called out. After that, they were told to pick numbers. Moses picked no 4 and he was told to pick someone among the crew and slap the person. My guy bailed himself out. Next is Jerry who picked No 3, and he was told to pick a guy and off his shot. He chose Big Nonso but at the end he bailed himself out. John was called next to pick; he picked and was told to express his thought about anybody. I was busy writing and I didn’t know I was the one he picked. He said he has a feeling I have a gift of songs that I should work on it. Next is Aminat who was told to toast a guy. She picked A.Y (HOK) but she later bailed herself out. Next is Christy who was told to kiss one person and slap one person. She picked Oga savior and silas. She slapped Silas and kissed Oga savior. Ify was called next to pick (a) guy and a girl and pick out 5 things from them. She picked silas and seun. It was fun all through. At 9.11pm, it was dance, dance, and dance. Seyi and I walked to the photo stand in front of the girl’s hostel but we didn’t meet the guy again. We chatted and walked round the area. Seyi was sad and her eyes were teary. I felt for her but the truth is my heart was locked up. No pains, no gains. She tried all through the period we talked to kiss me but I kept escaping it. When I walking her down to her hostel, she made a confession about her ex, whom I won’t talk about but I felt her pains. That secret came from the deepest part of her heart. At 10.10pm, she bid farewell and we went to our different hostel.
read more on www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by Hadampson(m): 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
yhungbrowhne:

dem,no,deg follow,u play again.
oya watch,yhe moviie i posted,and check my blog out
Okay bro.. �
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by princejenks(m): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2018
nice story but I noticed you kept using trumpet instead of bugle
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
PART 55 Describing all OBS friends in one word, they wonderful. Maybe I should write something about them. Yea let me. ------------------------------ *Page 47* Moses: Even though I was never his big fan at the beginning, but later on, we cliqued along the lined. I like him, his personality and the way he control things in the OBS. Ifeoma: She is the typical wife material you can’t find anywhere else. She was just like a mother to everybody. She has this motherly trait in her. She’s friendly, jovial and hardworking. Always leading by example! Christy: Oh Christy money! I love to call her that. She is just like a guy. Strong, friendly and what I like about her is that she doesn’t talk much. She does her thing in a quiet way. What I like about her? The way she walks. You need to see her. Just like Mayweather.lol A.Y Ruth: One of the executives who make things work in OBS. Easy going and I love to see her whenever she plays volleyball. She was my secret crush. I like her. A.Y H.O.K: Ayo, the head of kitchen. I just love this guy. His smiles can make a girl fall for him instantly. I love the way he composes himself even when he reads the news for us, he was always inspiring. And one thing I love about him, he NEVER jokes with his food and he was ever ready to serve others, the reason why we named him H.O.OK. Dafe: Aka Dafex. The sport thing brought us together and am glad I met him. I learnt a lot from him. His boldness, courage and his composure whenever he faces the crowd! He is hilarious though and somehow crazy. I will always cherish all the time I spent with him even though he runs most times whenever it’s time to cover the platoon games, he still has time for his camp girlfriends.(I don finish you Dafe) Ekene: He was the first guy I had good rapor with when we were told we will be in the sport dept. Ekene and Dafe has similar traits. I love them both. A brother who takes responsibility and never fears to air his mind on anything at anytime! Nonso: The third guy with us in the sport dept. He is cool, gentle, fun to be with and also the crazy time just like the others. I wonder what Mighty Mic was smoking when he told me to work with this set of crazy guys which I will forever cherish throughout my life. I bet I can never see this type of guys to work with again. Eka: I got to know her through Seyi. She was loving and kind. Fun to be with and her eye brow is what I love about her. Her set of teeth is awesome. Gold: We call her mama gold. She is the mama of the house. She is just the opposite of Dafe. Her courage and Boldness is extra-ordinary. Fun to be with and I must admit, I never knew her at first. She was never seen in the studio unless it’s time for her show. John: Naco John the programmer. He is a cool guy who does his job effectively. He is fun to be with and one thing I learn about him is that he talks when necessary. His word of encouragement for me still leaves in my memory. Yomi: I never knew he was an OBS member not until the last week in camp. With the few times we talked, I discovered he is a cool guy too. ------------------------------ *Page 48* Charmeen: One of the most handsome guys in OBS. I envy that guy ehn. His drama on the social night he anchored will be in my memory. (Laughs)
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
PART 56 Tony: He is from my state. He is one of the coolest guys there. He handles his department well and no wonder they won the best department ahead of the sport dept. Sylvia:I never had a good rapor with her not until the Seyi Saga and the day I was composing the OBS song. Her misunderstanding with Victoria still amazes me up till date. I hope they don settle sha. Aminat: Aminat! How can I describe her? She’s pretty. A devoted muslim. She is always with her news crew. She is fun to be with and her 5 minute performance of the Head dressing song with Eka and Sylvia won’t be forgotten in a hurry. Victoria: The number 1 marketer I knew, others are counterfeit. Na only her be the marketer in OBS that I knew that doesn’t smile. She is (a) no nonsense person. I like her personality thou. Tonye: It was up to the 2nd week before I knew Tonye was in my platoon. Tonye na big boy and he’s got class. Always seen with a bottle water and Jessica! He is fun to be with though. I like him. Jessica: She’s one of the most beautiful girls we have in OBS. She sabi dance ehn. Especially whenever she hears Shakitibobo by Olamide! Tonye sef go carry water bottle dey raise leg up like witch.lol. She won the best couple in OBS alongside Tonye. Henrietta: I never knew her till it was 3 days to leave camp. Am sure she found her way into OBS through the back door. She likes forming James Bond. Big Nonso: He is the platoon leader of Landlord. He likes girls’ ehn and he doesn’t play with food too. NEVER! It is always a fighting session whenever he comes to the studio and discovered that food is finished. Precious: She pissed me off during the audition but later on became an inspiration to me. Her word of encouragement and how she backed me up for the OBS song was superb. Oyin: Aka Fire. She’s just a ras. Like she was born to a Jamaican! Always with a red colour hair and no one dares to cross her path. I like her though for the few times we’ve talked, I realized she’s not someone you can toil with anyhow. Ochi: One of the ghost OBS members I knew. She is the quiet type thou. Phyna: How can I forget you Phyna? She is one of the funniest girls in OBS. Fun to be with and she chop my friend money tire ehn. Afeez: He gave the rap for the OBS song. Never knew him not until the second week in camp. He is a cool guy. Jerry: The guitar man. He is very good in doing what he knows how to do best. He is an easy going person. The Eba we ate that particular afternoon gave him the inspiration to play the guitar while it also ------------------------------ *Page 49* gave me the inspiration to sing along. (Who dare says you can’t be inspired through food, especially Eba?) Seyi: No other word to classify her. She’s a rare gem. I cherish her. Oga Saviour: No doubt he is the oldest among us but the way he does his things amazes me. He was like a father to us in OBS. No wonder he got that award. He is very appreciative!
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by yhungbrowhne(m): 7:04am On Jun 17, 2018
PART 58 Everywhere was quiet like a grave after that. About 5 minutes later, Ugo and I and everyone in the bus came down from the bus and discovered that the mamee market has been bombed. The whole area was in disarray and also on fire. Within a twinkle of an eye, we heard ( a sound of a bus being parked and also immediately, we heard series of gunshots towards everyone on sight. Then it dawned to us that we’ve been attacked by the Boko boys, THE DREADED BOKO HARAM! The soldiers in the camp also came out with their rifles and then the shooting began. Ugo and I were running to no particular direction. It got to a point that there was stampede. We were just matching each other in a view to just escape all the shootings. Ugo couldn’t run much because of his size but I tried to hold him to we could keep running at the same pace. While we were running to a nowhere, something struck my mind, “The fence at the back of our room which leads to another village! I dragged ugo back and told him we have to use the fence at the back of our room if we have any chance of escaping out of this mess. Looking at Ugo, I could see shedding tears but he still has that look of a man. Will you blame him? Someone that has just 5days to his wedding! What would his family feel? Oh, beautiful Onyinye is also awaiting the arrival of the both of us especially her husband to be. I only shed a tear or two while thinking about how my parent will feel too hearing we were all killed in a gun shot by Boko Haram. Who says man doesn’t cry? There is this adage in Yoruba that says “Na person wey fight no meet they talk say him be man” (Eni ija o ba lo n pe ira e lokunrin). We were getting closer to the fence; we could also discover that some corp members are also following us too. They also felt the fence might be the only way out from the fence. They were about 12 in number. I had no problem jumping the fence while I have to help some host of others to get through to the other side safely. We were now 13 in number who has successfully crossed the fence with me leading them. We walked across some bush path before we saw a particular road leading to only God knows. I told the rest of the guys to let us to follow the road maybe we could be able to get an assistant out of here but we had to walk through the bush and also walk cautiously because the boko haram boys might pass through that road anytime soon. We’ve walked for about 56minutes when we saw a river, on it we saw a canoe empty. Examining the river, I could see it’s not that big but with God helping us, if we can make it to the other side, then we are safe. We crossed the road one by one to get close to the river. I crossed first then I discovered two dead bodies at the bank of the river then I saw a gun there too. Oh My God! The canoe man might have been killed by the Boko guys. I took the gun which looked more like the AK 47 I do see in American movies. It was quite heavy thou but I carried it like my life depended on it. Of course it is because without it, we won’t have any chance against the Boko guys even if the chances of making it alive were so slim. I beckon to the rest of the guys to cross one by one. I asked them if anyone of them could paddle a canoe. Ugo said he has an idea but he was not that perfect. Am sure he might have gotten that idea from his village before coming to lagos. He is from Delta remember? A typical Delta guy must know how to swim or paddle a canoe. Ugo went to the canoe and closely followed by the rest of the guys one by one while I kept watching. When they were still trying to adjust the canoe, we could hear a bus approaching.
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp by Iamicekid(m): 7:55am On Jun 17, 2018
Mehn I can’t wait ooo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dana Loesch Slams Chimamanda Adichie Over Chivalry Comment / WEEKLY INTERVIEW THREAD....(A Subsidiary Of Dammysammytv) / Looking For Movie Scripts For Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.