Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,772 members, 7,802,368 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa (31655 Views)

‘A Wicked Lie’ — Awolowo Dosunmu Denies Saying There’s Plot To Get Rid Of Tinubu / Atiku Will Find It Very Difficult To Defeat Buhari - Sen. Sodangi / No Plot To Impeach Buhari, Sen Misau Replies Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by dre11(m): 8:28am On May 18, 2018
By Ismail Mudashir

[img]https://images.dailytrust.com.ng/cms/gall_content/2017/7/2017_7$largeimg23_Jul_2017_225247835.jpg[/img]

The chairman of the Senate Committee on Petroleum, Senator Kabiru Marafa (APC, Zamfara), in this interview raised alarm that plots are on to technically knockout President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 election.

It was reported that last Saturday you were tear-gassed during a parallel congress conducted by your camp in Zamfara. What really happened ?

There was an incident in my local government. The police I believe under the instruction of the state government mobilised heavily to prevent an innocent citizen from carrying out his civic responsibility, and that was me.

Saturday, 12th of May was the date fixed by the APC for local government congresses, and as a party man and a politician, I drove to my local government headquarters where the event was supposed to take place. On reaching there, I met massive security buildup comprising mobile policemen and officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

I was informed that the Area Commander was there, so I tried to see him but I couldn't. There was an APC vehicle stationed there, this time not APC political party but Armored Personnel Carrier. Before I knew it, one of my mobile policemen was manhandled. So I moved forward to ask what the problem was and they threw teargas right in front of me.

In a nutshell, the mobile policeman was manhandled, harassed and disarmed. My orderly was equally disarmed. So I tried to ask what was the problem, they were just busy throwing tear gas. But I thank God that they did not deter me.

The whole thing was just to stop me from organising or conducting my own local government congress.

But the beauty of it is that the world has seen that the state government lacks confidence of the people that is why there was that massive police or security buildup. If you are popular in politics, you don’t need any security agent to help you organize your own affair.

What would you say they wanted to achieve by incapacitating your security?

The state government has lost popularity and touch with the people so it is afraid of elections. What I simply asked was that let these congresses be conducted following our guidelines.

That is what I asked for. What do the guidelines say? They show how the ward congresses should hold; how the local government should go, and this is how that of the state should go. So why the massive buildup of security? If you had done the right thing, people will see it, people will be the judges too. I think the whole essence was aimed at either embarrassing me or intimidating me, but that is not possible because they cannot stop me from defending my right.

Possibly, too, may be they wanted me harmed, but God protected me and that is the most important thing; it is not the police around me that protect me, it is just a precaution.

What do the parallel congresses organised in Zamfara and some other states portend for the APC?

To me, after looking at the whole congresses, the way it started - you know what the party did and everything - to me there is massive conspiracy against the party and against the leader of the party that is the president of the country.

If you look at the first scenario, some people just came up with the idea of one-year extension for the members of the National Working Committee (NWC), the president was advised that that extension was illegal and it will portend serious problem for the success of the party. The president put his feet down and said we should go for elective congresses or consensus where possible.

The party came up with guidelines on how these congresses should be conducted, but the same party that produced the guidelines, was the first to break the rules.

In one of the clauses in the guidelines, they said forms should be filled and returned within 24 hours. But the NWC of the APC didn’t even meet the committees until Thursday evening.

The committees started going to their stations on Friday. They said, if you are desirous of contesting pay your monies into some accounts.

They gave us seven accounts and said “pay this amount, collect forms and return them, 24 hours before election”.

Two things; they didn’t give the committees the forms to go to the state with them. Secondly, there was no clear 24 hours to collect the form, fill it and return it. The whole thing, was a kind of sabotage. Something that will be rancorous, breed parallel congresses, and a set of executive will be established for each state. The whole thing comes to just one thing, sabotage.

Like in Zamfara now, we had parallel congresses - we now have two sets of executives, one by the state government and another by me. I have followed due process from beginning up till where we are now. But the state government didn’t because they have security apparatus at their disposal.

As far as I am concerned, there are some people within the NWC that are desirous of scuttling the processes thereby endangering the electoral success of the APC.

They may rule against me on the case I made to the appeal committee for instance, but one thing I'm sure of is that the court will rule in my favour.

You can take this scenario and put it in several others states. If the states are more than half of the total delegates that will vote in any convention, may be the presidential candidate will be determined, after the primary election and there are going to be pre-election cases and the courts will definitely do the needful looking at the massive evidence against everything.

The governors didn’t even comply with the provision of the guideline to pay monies into accounts, they were simply allocated forms. I paid, my people paid. I have my receipts and I have everything.

The net effect, the final result, to me, is that there are people out there who have long concluded that they cannot beat the president in normal elections so what they are looking for is technical knockout; to plan something that could be challenged in court, that will nullify any election.

Unless the party does what is right, unless the leaders at the top look at these things well; know what the people are up to, and who the people are, there is going to be a problem.

At the parallel congress you conducted was the representative of INEC on ground?

INEC is an umpire, they just look at everybody, and they have the guidelines. That is what INEC does. Who complied with the guideline, what did you do? There is also what they call ward and local government congress committee that was sent by the party. That committee was dead on arrival.

My candidates emerged unopposed because they were the only candidates that fully satisfied the provisions of the APC guidelines and that is the foundation. You cannot build on top of what you know will collapse.

These things are likely going to be challenged in court and the courts are going to rule in favour of those that followed due process.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2019-there-s-plot-to-knockout-buhari-sen-marafa-251178.html

lalasticlala
Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by madridguy(m): 8:28am On May 18, 2018
Misleading topic just to gather people's attention. Mtchew

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by three: 8:31am On May 18, 2018

Is Buhari in on the plot?

'cos he's 'knocking' himself out all by himself
angry

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by Paperwhite(m): 8:41am On May 18, 2018
Well,nothing new as Buhari have "technically knocked" out & defeated his own self with his cluelessness & gross incompetence as far as leadership is concerned.
The implosion of the APC will start from within

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by NaijaMutant(f): 8:42am On May 18, 2018
LIKE IF YOU ARE IN SUPPORT OF THE PLOT grin

SHARE IF YOU ARE AGAINST THE PLOT

159 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by NaijaMutant(f): 8:46am On May 18, 2018
madridguy:
Misleading topic just to gather people's attention. Mtchew

Sending buhari back to daura is a national call every patriotic Nigerian must answer to undecided

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by madridguy(m): 8:48am On May 18, 2018
Do you have work for him there? Baba will only return to Daura after 2028.

NaijaMutant:

Sending buhari back to daura is a national call every patriotic Nigerian must answer to undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by Paperwhite(m): 8:49am On May 18, 2018
NaijaMutant:

You mind that fella undecided

3 Likes

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by BankeSmalls(f): 8:49am On May 18, 2018
That will be good news

5 Likes

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by BankeSmalls(f): 8:51am On May 18, 2018
madridguy:

Why 2028? Let him stay there till 3038.

Its you that will suffer it most

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by madridguy(m): 8:52am On May 18, 2018
Thanks for the care maa, Sai Baba till 2050.

BankeSmalls:

Why 2028? Let him stay there till 3038.

Its you that will suffer it most

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by BankeSmalls(f): 8:53am On May 18, 2018
Paperwhite:
Well,nothing new as Buhari have "technically knocked" out itself with his cluelessness & gross incompetence as far as leadership is concerned.
The implosion of the APC will start from within

With Rochas now out of APC, if he can get Rotimi Iscariot to his side, APC is finished in the south.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by NaijaMutant(f): 8:53am On May 18, 2018
madridguy:

He can stay with you in Ogbomosho grin

He's useless in Aso rock

26 Likes

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by BankeSmalls(f): 8:54am On May 18, 2018
madridguy:
Thanks for the care maa, Sai Baba till 2050.

You'll remain a zombie till 2050? grin

25 Likes

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by Nobody: 9:13am On May 18, 2018
madridguy:

Buhari till 2023; Igbo Presidency in 2023.

1 Like

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by DanielOc: 9:51am On May 18, 2018
Those planning Buharis Technically Knockout right Now........

1 Like

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by flyca: 9:51am On May 18, 2018
Sowore has not been campaigning much lately?
Where is he?
Is he really serious about taking over power?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by SalamRushdie: 9:51am On May 18, 2018
Whether Buhari likes it or not he must be physically, technically , spiritually , divinely and ballotly knocked out of the 2019 election ... We can no longer continue to desecrate that anals of our history nor the hall ways of Aso Rock with that conscience bankrupt and morally decadent relic from the cold war era

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by NaijaMutant(f): 9:52am On May 18, 2018
Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by Edu3Again: 9:52am On May 18, 2018
Let this be transmissioned abi na transmission or transmit to every who is tired of the dunces ruling 9ja!
This is what we get due to quota system in Nija!

6 Likes

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by shamecurls(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2018
They will fail

"A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you"

Who God has blessed, No man can curse

2023 Ascerta

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by kingthreat(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2018
Buhari is knocking out himself.
Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by chrischukszy01(m): 9:53am On May 18, 2018
Baba God let's this prayer come to past ooo na beg I dey beg u.
Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by flyca: 9:53am On May 18, 2018
igbodefender:

Buhari till 2023; Igbo Presidency in 2023.
You and this Igbo Presidency nonsense!
Please stop it! angry

All we need is a progressive and vibrant Nigerian as President to lead Nigeria wholeheartedly to become a 21st century nation!

Besides, get this into your head. Buhari and his colleagues never never hand over power to an Igbo man, be it 2023 or 2050. They will still come up with other tactics to keep being in power. Except you develop a sound counter strategy. "Igbo Presidency Mantra" is not.

12 Likes

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by miceroms: 9:53am On May 18, 2018
They are all hooking to apron strings of Mr Buhari. Hahahahahhaa
Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by Bari22: 9:54am On May 18, 2018
The plan will technically fail
Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by Xisnin(m): 9:54am On May 18, 2018
flyca:
Sowore has not been campaigning much lately?
Where is he?
Is he really serious about taking over power?
Money issue.
Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by kolawoleibukun1: 9:55am On May 18, 2018
Buhari does not need a technical knockout, he deserves a definite knock out. a knock out so convincing that there will be no use for technicality. He is a deaf failure and should be confined to home for the elderly. such a waste of old bones and veins.
he has failed woefully and should be publicly disgraced.
Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by lincs25(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2018
Whether technically or tactically, there is going to be a Transmission Transfusion Confusion so that Buhari will be sent back to Daura!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by GreenArrow1(m): 9:56am On May 18, 2018
We support such a plot. Please tell us who the plotters are so that we can contribute money for them.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:57am On May 18, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Garba Shehu Contradicts Osinbajo On Ruga Settlements - Punch / A Cameroonian & A Beninore Arrested While Attempting To Write Immigration Exam / Vincent Ayigor Sentenced To 175-Year Jail Term For Duping American Of $629,287

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.