Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,580 members, 7,801,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle (50396 Views)

Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase' / “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up / Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by EzendiEgo1: 9:32am On May 19, 2018
Royal wedding excitement is nearing fever pitch, as millions of people around the world prepare to watch Prince Harry marry Meghan Markle.

Crowds are arriving in Windsor, while hundreds more camped out overnight to secure the best viewing spot.
Prince Harry has been made the Duke of Sussex by his grandmother the Queen, Buckingham Palace announced.
The couple will wed at noon at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle, before travelling through the town.
In her vows, Ms Markle will not promise to "obey" her husband and Prince Harry has chosen to have a wedding ring.

Prince Charles will walk Ms Markle down the aisle, after her father, Thomas, was unable to attend for health reasons.

On the eve of their wedding, Prince Harry told crowds in Windsor he was feeling "relaxed" and Ms Markle said she was feeling "wonderful".

Ahead of the marriage, Prince Harry was given the title Duke of Sussex, meaning Ms Markle will become a duchess once the couple marry.
The previous Duke of Sussex was Prince Augustus Frederick, the sixth son and ninth child of George III.
Prince Harry, who is sixth in line to the throne, also received the titles Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44175216

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Nobody: 9:35am On May 19, 2018
Why is there so much fuss about this wedding. I was wondering. Because Prince Harry is not even the Heir Apparent to the British Throne.
And BOOM!!! The foolishness undecided
I learnt that Meghan Markle is a half Black woman from Los Angeles. She will be the first ever Black blood in the royal family. Bla bla bla.

Mtcheeew

Well, to correctly play the racial card, the cougar is not Black enough.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by EzendiEgo1: 9:38am On May 19, 2018
Analysis by Jonny Dymond
This is a very different royal wedding.
It's different because of the style of the arrangements for the day itself.

From small things, like the cake (not a traditional big heavy fruitcake covered with bullet-proof icing), to bigger things, like a gospel choir performing at the service.

To more remarkable decisions, like the invitation to 1,200 members of the public to enjoy the occasion in the grounds of Windsor Castle.

After the death in 1997 of Prince Harry's mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, she was described by the-then Prime Minister Tony Blair as "the people's princess".
This may not be "the people's wedding", but it is about as close to it as any royal wedding has got.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by EzendiEgo1: 9:42am On May 19, 2018
Wedding well-wishers wake up after a cold Windsor night
Crowds of well-wishers and the world's media have been gathering in Windsor in the week leading up to the big day.
As many as 100,000 people are expected to line the town's streets.

Nicky and Matt Pruner, from the US, extended their holiday in the UK to be in Windsor for the wedding.
Nicky Pruner, 62, said: "I camped out all night at Kate and William's wedding and I said I would never do it again - and here I am."
And corks were popping early for some - like Rachael Carter-Eagleton from London who had her first glass of bubbly just after 08:00.
"I'm just so happy for Harry," she said. "I can't wait to see what Meghan's wearing."
Six hundred guests will watch the wedding, officiated by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, in St George's chapel.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Abjay97(m): 9:51am On May 19, 2018
Good
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:52am On May 19, 2018
Marriage is sacred... Love is a beautiful thing... All I can say is happy married life royals... Wishing Prince Harry (glad he's finally settled down) and Meghan a blissful marriage life...

And hey, one more thing...

Being royals doesn't exempt you guys from the realities that go with marriage. You both will have disagreements, you will fight.... There will be times a little boredom will set in.... But then you will kiss and make up. You will also have to Stoke your love fires again and again... Love is not all there to marriage. Love is a decision and a commitment to stay loyal and faithful.
So It is all part of it... The smooth times and the rough times. But what matters is that you two remain committed to each other and try as much as possible to keep your marriage off the public eyes and social media especially just like Prince William and his wife, Kate have managed to do so far. Those paparazzi idiots will be lurking... Believe me.

Marriage is marriage. Royals or not... You must be willing to invest the time and emotional energy needed to make it work. Cheers and have a Beautiful married life ahead... smiley

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by adeniyi3971(m): 9:53am On May 19, 2018
Na them them
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by EzendiEgo1: 9:54am On May 19, 2018
About 1,200 members of the public - many who are recognised for their charity work - have been invited into the grounds of Windsor Castle for the wedding.
Prince Harry is expected to arrive with his brother and best man Prince William at the west door of the chapel at 11:40.
The Queen will be the last member of the Royal Family to arrive at 11:52, before Ms Markle arrives with her mother Doria Ragland.

Doria Ragland will be the only member of Ms Markle's family attending the ceremony

Ms Markle has 10 bridesmaids and pageboys, all under the age of eight - including Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
The bride will be met by Prince Charles, who will walk her down the aisle of the Quire of the chapel.
During the service, the couple will pledge themselves to one another, saying: "For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part."
The Most Rev Bishop Michael Curry, the 27th presiding bishop and primate of the Episcopal Church, from Chicago, will give an address at the wedding and the Rt Rev David Conner, Dean of Windsor, will conduct the service.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by phineas: 9:55am On May 19, 2018
I love how the British celebrate their royal family

watching live on youtube

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by toluxa1(m): 9:55am On May 19, 2018
The Royal Wedding will be televised on DStv channels, including ITV Choice, DStv channel 123, E! Entertainment, DStv channel 124, BBC Lifestyle, DStv channel 174, CNN International, DStv channel 401, Sky News, DStv channel 402 and BBC World News, DStv channel 400 and also SABC 3.

10 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Firgemachar: 9:55am On May 19, 2018
Following

Like for FA Cup Final, share for Royal Wedding

104 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by pweshboi(m): 9:55am On May 19, 2018
Ok... Following
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by ikorodureporta: 9:56am On May 19, 2018
Team 'When me too go do my wedding'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Nobody: 9:56am On May 19, 2018
cheesy
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Amarabae(f): 9:57am On May 19, 2018
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Ovems(f): 9:58am On May 19, 2018
Celebrity guests arriving already.
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by martineverest(m): 9:58am On May 19, 2018
how does this relate to Nigeria?

9 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by psychologist(m): 9:58am On May 19, 2018
Happy Transmission to the prince

8 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by hucienda: 9:59am On May 19, 2018
After the confusion from the bride-to-be's family. Washing their dirty linen in public.

Anyway, congratulations to them.

1 Like

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by martineverest(m): 9:59am On May 19, 2018
phineas:
I love how the British celebrate their royal family

watching live on youtube
and u and Ur fellow nairaland will be busy dissing our naija royal families..... hypocrites

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Nobody: 10:00am On May 19, 2018
So lalas.ticlala chose the prince's date for his traditional wedding too. That's great

2 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by EzendiEgo1: 10:00am On May 19, 2018
Karen Gibson and The Kingdom Choir will perform Ben E. King's soul classic Stand By Me during the service.
The gospel choir will also perform Etta James' uplifting version of Amen/This Little Light of Mine as the newlyweds leave the chapel.

3 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by eminikansoso(m): 10:00am On May 19, 2018
So Liverpool is winning this champions league

3 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by BlackHatNaija: 10:00am On May 19, 2018
Against all odds, Meghan fought for love and won. Prince Harry is the man. He stood by her.

14 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by uuzba(m): 10:00am On May 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Why is there so much fuss about this wedding. I was wondering. Because Prince Harry is not even the Heir Apparent to the British Throne.
I learnt that Meghan Markle is a half Black woman from Los Angeles. She will be the first ever Black blood in the royal family. Bla bla bla.

Mtcheeew

According to royal protocol, the throne of king/queen is to be handed down to prince/princess provided they are in proper wedlock.
Prince Charles and all his other siblings have managed to divorce their spouses. So nothing form them. So the right is sent down to his son, Harry.
-
The noise we are hearing is for 1 major reason. The Royal family , (with their blue blood) have always seen themselves as the most superior people. (Hence the blue blood). They don't marry anyhow or date any how. Every prospective spouse is background checked.
And they are always Whites. Because Blacks are "inferior" set of people....

Meghan Markel (Suits girl), is black. And that is the noise we are hearing.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Alejoc(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2018
Make I go subscribe too
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by tgmservice: 10:02am On May 19, 2018
g
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Hector09(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2018
Hope the pope we not die if liverpool won UCL
Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:03am On May 19, 2018
Happy married life to the duke and duchess of Sussex.
Watching/following with keen interest.

6 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Mtcheeew

I swear this I wise pass everybody especially oyinbo attitude that nigerians like you have is very stupid and it and so many other things are holding everybody down. Don't quote me abeg.

15 Likes

Re: Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle by dahmie2013: 10:04am On May 19, 2018
Congrats 2 d Royal Couple! Happy married life! I wish Princess Diana were alive, but I believe she is watching 4rm heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joe Biden's Dog, Commander, Removed From White House After Biting secret Agents / Putin Tells West 'go To Hell' In The Wake Of Nuclear Weapons Transfer To Belarus / MASSIVE AIR ATTACK By Hezbollah On Northern Israel (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.