Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,053 members, 7,807,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java (1548 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java by ov: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2007
please , wats java all about? i know it has to do with programming which i am inerested in. Pls anyone who can give me helpful tips such as a websight or personal assistance, pls my email is bankrupt3000@yahoo.com. thanks[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Java by javarizer: 1:58am On Mar 19, 2007
Hey, you must be a lucky man. 1. For being interested in knowing java. 2. For meeting me, 'cos i study Java programming. Have u heard of NIIT? thats where i study. Java is very wide bt I'll brief you on what its all about.

You were right when you said its about programming. Java is divided into many aspects. The aspects i specialize in are Application Development and Web based Application development(J2EE- Java 2 Enterprise Edition).

Application development talks babout building softwares-customised softwares. Softwares that can perform, anything, think about it, based on your skills. Most softwares you use on ur system are built with java- calculator, windows application, web browsers, exam softwares e.t.c.

Web based Application(J2EE) talks about online applications- web based. Applications like Online Banking, Online shopping, online share trading and other applications that interract with database; think of dyanmic websites and think of java(though it might have been built with other applications). Example of such website is the popular jamb website, it wasnt built with java but could be built with java and there wont be much problem like those pple are experiencing.

If you really want to learn about java, visit www.java.sun.com - the official website or study it at one of the recognised computer institute like NIIT, Aptech, New Horizon and KarRox,

Best of luck
Re: Java by ov: 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2007
JAVARIZEER. should have just looked for your name on nairaland instead of opening a thread for java. grin
Thanks for the info. I am off to www.java.sun.com. I once tried C+ programming. i also know NIIT gives internationally recognized certificates. How much is it to register at NIIT?
Re: Java by javarizer: 1:02am On Mar 21, 2007
Nice to hear that you already tried C+. Men!, learning java would be easy for you since you know a little about C+ and C++. Java was built on those platform.

About how much it costs to study at NIIT, hope u wont be scared when I let it out( though its worth it), to study a professional course like Java there, u shld have about a hundred and smth K, and you cant watch out for their scholarship program which comes up every year, they would reduce the fee by that
Re: Java by breeolan(f): 6:28am On Mar 23, 2007
well, i can only say you cant be sure of it till u get involved wif it, JAVA is an application development program, it is mostly a web based programming language, wer u can av applets and servlets and so one, and one more thing, its platform independent,

check out NIIT, you should get the course there,

Good luck
Re: Java by rubebe(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
Must I go to NIIT or the like before I can be a Java programmer?
Re: Java by mojeed4(m): 7:50am On Sep 11, 2015
rubebe:
Must I go to NIIT or the like before I can be a Java programmer?

Hell no! You can do that in the four corners of your room! This is 2015!
Re: Java by datoms: 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
Wanna learn Java, I give you some materials to start up with. So contact me this weekend for your free materials. But please be informed that anything after weakened, a small token will go with it, thanks
Re: Java by SUGARSON(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2015
YOU CAN LEARN IT THROUGH YOUTUBE. THAT'S WHAT AM DOING PRESENTLY AND IT'S WORKING FOR ME DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Course For A Programmer ( New Beginner ) / Pls Programmers Ur Assistance Is Needed / Which Computer Programming Course Is Relevant For A Microbiologist To Undergo???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.