Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement (2621 Views)

Jude Idimogu: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly / Shi’ite Muslims Protest At Night In Abuja (Video) / Policeman Dies After Shi’ite Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Elbinawi: 4:21pm On May 19, 2018
How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement Reveals
By freezakzaky on May 19, 2018 • ( Leave a comment )

A very prominent member of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, under the distinguished leadership of Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky, Haruna Normal Nwaeze of the Igbo Community of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, writes on his journey to Shi’ah Islam and the Islamic Movement:

Read on:

WHY I BECAME A SHI’ITE MUSLIM

Haruna Normal Nwaeze { Igbo community of Islamic Movement In Nigeria under sheikh Zakzaky}

It all began 5 years ago after my conversion to ISLAM from CHRISTIANITY, during my Qur’anic memorization in the hands of my respected Sunni scholars at Owerri central Mosque in Imo State.

Instead of giving me the necessary Islamic knowledge, they (My scholars) were busy feeding me with Shiites Rhetorics which didn’t go down well in my mind. I was fed with lots of horrible things about Shi’ite Muslims, such as…

* Shi’ites are not Muslims

* Shi’ites don’t believe in Muhammad as the Prophet rather Ali..

* Shi’ites worship their Imams and not Allah.

* Shi’ites have a separate Quran

* Shi’ites don’t go for Hajj.

* Shi’ites don’t pray 5 times

* Shi’a Islam was formed by a Jew to destroy the original Islam

* I became skeptical when I was told that killing Shi’ite Muslims or oppressing them is among rewardable deeds in Islam [ Ya Allah May you protect the Shi’ite Muslims worldwide]

All these are just but few of what my Sunni scholars and fellow students were telling me without any practical evidences in reference to these Rhetoric and unfounded allegations. All these motivated me to venture into personal research and developed direct contact with Shi’ite scholars in other to find out the reality. At the end I found out that all I was told by my scholars are nothing but lies, propaganda, deception and untruthful….{ May Allah guide the Muslims who are seeking after truth}

On my journey of research and truth finding, I came across authentic books about the Shi’ites —- such as:
THE RIGHT PATH

THEN I WAS GUIDED

PESHAWAR NIGHT

ALI THE MAGNIFICENT

HUSSEIN THE SAVIOR OF ISLAM

I also went further to ask several questions concerning Muslims and Islam. Some of my questions were;

Are boko haram Shi’ites? The answer is Capital NO, they are Sunnis.

Are the ISIS Shi’ites, the answer is No but Sunni.

Is al-Qaeda Shi’ites No but Sunni.

Is Taliban Shi’ites the answer is still No but Sunni.

Is Osama bin laden a Shi’ite Muslim the answer is still No rather he is a Sunni Scholar.

How many times is suicide bombing traceable to Shiite? No record all over the world.

Coming to the North here in Nigeria, the Almajiris have become a big threat to national security and a shame to Islam in general, I ask are those kids Shi’ites the answer is Capital No rather Sunni.

Fulani militia are they Shi’ites? The answer is No, rather Sunni.

I visited prisons across the North to find out how many Shi’ites have committed criminal cases like armed robbery, kidnapping, murder, rape, drug case, etc. To my surprise, no single Shi’ite Muslims are detained or in prison over such criminal acts. Rather, all the prisoners are Sunnis. Even their scholars are part of such crimes like rape, child abuse, drug and some murder. [Spare your time to visit any prison in the North to confirm whether or not what I am saying is the truth].

When I also try to find out why Shi’ites are hated by their fellow Muslims? They say they refused to recognize the government. The question is, how? That they blocked the road during their processions. But in Nigeria, people block roads for carnival, they block roads for festivals, they block roads for prayer, they block roads for burial ceremonies, they block roads even for weddings, so why is that by Shi’ites any different?

Please can someone enlighten me more with convincing evidence on why I shouldn’t be a SHI’ITE MUSLIM, not just a Shi’ite, but a follower of Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky?

Thanks to Allah for His infinite Mercies, who guided His slave to the path of Truth, love and gate way to Jannah.

Ya Allah, as You guided me to know this path, I pray You also guide others who are ignorant of this truth.

SHI’ISM IS THE TRUE ISLAM.

#FREEZAKZAKY

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by kestolove95(m): 4:30pm On May 19, 2018
Rocha's is using dix ones to fight APC

1 Like

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Sealeddeal(m): 4:40pm On May 19, 2018
Youcan't be Igbo and the same time, be a Muslim. There are no Igbo Muslims.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by evy4ch(m): 4:41pm On May 19, 2018
What i know is that both shi'it and sunnis are muslam and they shout that alaha akubahu whenever they want to kill christiens.And they all called islamabad

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Roger3D(m): 4:45pm On May 19, 2018
Sealeddeal:
says who?

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Pierohandsome: 4:48pm On May 19, 2018
Both Shite and Sunni are all terrorists. The ones bombing in Iran are they Sunni? No but shiite terrorists.

So, Islam is evil and occultic , worst than Ogboni.

I wil rather join Ogboni than been a musulumi

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by adadike(f): 4:54pm On May 19, 2018
cheesy All I see is guy man ji ndi Muslim akpa ego

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by omokab: 4:54pm On May 19, 2018
Sealeddeal:
stop saying what you don't have knowledge about it. There are many muslim in the east. Majority from ebonyi state at afikpo. Enugu and imo state especially from mbaise also have muslims. You can call home to make your findings. I know all this places very well and I have met many muslim from that side so don't say I'm sayinh what I don't know.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Baawaa(m): 5:17pm On May 19, 2018
Ibo can do anything because of money,Ibo can sell their salvations grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:29pm On May 19, 2018
Thank God codine and tramadol has been banned

1 Like

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by gidgiddy: 6:32pm On May 19, 2018
Sealeddeal:

There are very few of them, less than a hundred worldwide.
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by comrChris(m): 1:35pm On May 20, 2018
omokab:
stop saying what you don't have knowledge about it. There are many muslim in the east. Majority from ebonyi state at afikpo. Enugu and imo state especially from mabaise also have muslims. You can call home to make your findings. I know all this places very well and I have met many muslim from that side so don't say I'm sayinh what I don't know.
Have you been to Afikpo? How many Afikpo Muslim have you seen? You people should stop saying what you don't know. I'm from Afikpo n am yet to see an Afikpo Muslim, infact if you are not from that particular place the school is you will grow up not knowing there is a school like that in Afikpo. I almost finished secondary school before I noticed such school is in Afikpo.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Houseofglam7(f): 1:42pm On May 20, 2018
This one just wants to cause trouble
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Okoroawusa: 2:07pm On May 20, 2018
Sealeddeal:
To imagine that you got likes for such an ignorant comment amazes me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by omololu2020(m): 2:24pm On May 20, 2018
Sealeddeal:
the 7 people that liked your post are dumb.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by zlantanfan: 2:51pm On May 20, 2018
How Igbo started having Islamic terrorists I would never know
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by TMemos: 3:01pm On May 20, 2018
gidgiddy:

There are very few of them, less than a hundred worldwide.

Who counted them?
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 20, 2018
comrChris:
Have you been to Afikpo? How many Afikpo Muslim have you seen? You people should stop saying what you don't know. I'm from Afikpo n am yet to see an Afikpo Muslim, infact if you are not from that particular place the school is you will grow up not knowing there is a school like that in Afikpo. I almost finished secondary school before I noticed such school is in Afikpo.

Stop wasting your time and strength with that Afonja that visited every part of the east in his imaginations.

on a side note, I now know why Buhari and Sunni soldiers kill shias with glee.

* I became skeptical when I was told that killing Shi’ite Muslims or oppressing them is among rewardable deeds in Islam [ Ya Allah May you protect the Shi’ite Muslims worldwide]

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 20, 2018
If I didn't have choice but to be Muslim (like being born in a Muslim home), I'd be a shia. All shia countries run a democracy, tho not full democracy but it's way better than what they have in Sunni countries, which is absolute monarchy and dictatorship. Most countries with significant Sunni population running a democracy are either experiencing terrorism funded by monarchy Sunni nations, or are gradually tilting towards monarchy or dictatorship via running parallel governments whose leaders make pronouncements and judgements abiding by the sharia. example indonesia. Nigeria has the sultanate, the hisbah and the sharia constitution running parallel to the country's constitution.

Also I've noticed that shia countries are more likely to give up their enmity with Sunnis in other to pursue a cause but same can't be said for Sunnis. Sunnis will more readily connive with jews (which they both hate so much) to deal mercilessly with a shia.

Also I don't get the obsession Sunnis have for shias. they won't just spare any opportunity to tell everyone that shias are not Muslim. In quora.com, a Christian convert was asking why Islam which he belonged to like to spread hate, a Sunni quickly retorted that he must have been a shia which is not Islam.

lastly I've also noticed that shias are the ones most involved in salvaging the dirty image of islam to the world. Tho they have little hand in the Islamic terror all over the world, they are working harder than the Sunnis in correcting the negative perception of Islam that the average non Muslim have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:30pm On May 20, 2018
sunning, Shiites o, na the same terrorist una be!

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 20, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
sunning, Shiites o, na the same terrorist una be!

catholics are also terrorist they did great in the crusades and pogroms, protestants are fraudsters adeboye and the rest.
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by dignity33: 5:48pm On May 20, 2018
Op you are not far from truth I'm not a Muslim but Shia Muslim are certainly better than Sunni Muslim base on there good record.
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by kalu61(m): 7:31pm On May 20, 2018
adadike:
cheesy All I see is guy man ji ndi Muslim akpa ego
you just said my mind. Hustling
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Beremx(f): 7:40pm On May 20, 2018
The idiot shares the same surname with me. Tufiakwa!!
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:51pm On May 20, 2018
TheCabal:

catholics are also terrorist they did great in the crusades and pogroms, protestants are fraudsters adeboye and the rest.
is this the part where I care? Cos I don't!

Take handkerchief and cry the more

1 Like

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by dokyOloye: 9:17pm On May 20, 2018
comrChris:
Bros,easy with d half truths (make I no call am lie).
There is a sizeable and noticable Muslim population in Enohia in Afikpo.
You can't have lived, born or stayed in Afikpo wtout noticing them.
In fact, if you've ever been to Unwana Fed Polytechnic, you can't miss them.
I'm from the central senatorial zone but know all these more than 15yrs ago.
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by dokyOloye: 9:29pm On May 20, 2018
ikennaf1:
If I didn't have choice but to be Muslim (like being born in a Muslim home), I'd be a shia. All shia countries run a democracy, tho not full democracy but it's way better than what they have in Sunni countries, which is absolute monarchy and dictatorship. Most countries with significant Sunni population running a democracy are either experiencing terrorism funded by monarchy Sunni nations, or are gradually tilting towards monarchy or dictatorship via running parallel governments whose leaders make pronouncements and judgements abiding by the sharia. example indonesia. Nigeria has the sultanate, the hisbah and the sharia constitution running parallel to the country's constitution.

Also I've noticed that shia countries are more likely to give up their enmity with Sunnis in other to pursue a cause but same can't be said for Sunnis. Sunnis will more readily connive with jews (which they both hate so much) to deal mercilessly with a shia.

Also I don't get the obsession Sunnis have for shias. they won't just spare any opportunity to tell everyone that shias are not Muslim. In quora.com, a Christian convert was asking why Islam which he belonged to like to spread hate, a Sunni quickly retorted that he must have been a shia which is not Islam.

lastly I've also noticed that shias are the ones most involved in salvaging the dirty image of islam to the world. Tho they have little hand in the Islamic terror all over the world, they are working harder than the Sunnis in correcting the negative perception of Islam that the average non Muslim have.
They're more liberal and more educated than their Sunni counterparts too.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 20, 2018
dokyOloye:
They're more liberal and more educated than their Sunni counterparts too.

True.
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by comrChris(m): 10:15pm On May 20, 2018
dokyOloye:
Bros,easy with d half truths (make I no call am lie).
There is a sizeable and noticable Muslim population in Enohia in Afikpo.
You can't have lived, born or stayed in Afikpo wtout noticing them.
In fact, if you've ever been to Unwana Fed Polytechnic, you can't miss them.
I'm from the central senatorial zone but know all these more than 15yrs ago.
thank God you said Enohia, if you read my post well you would have seen where I pointed out that it's only that particular place the school is located that you will see few Muslims if at all they are Muslims.
Am not arguing there is no such school in Afikpo but people coming online to claim that many people have been converted to Islam in Afikpo
Like I said I was born and brought up in Afikpo, I had both my primary and secondary education in Afikpo. When I knew such school exist in Afikpo was in my ss3 when I was going to poly uwana for my sisters matriculation.
You can do your research, they don't teach those children Islam in that school, it's a normal school and they have an agreement with the community.

So except that Enohia side the school is located, it's not that known in Afikpo
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by thatigboman: 10:19pm On May 20, 2018
That man, the shitte and the sunni are all mad. Bloody terrorists.
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by thatigboman: 10:21pm On May 20, 2018
comrChris:
thank God you said Enohia, if you read my post well you would have seen where I pointed out that it's only that particular place the school is located that you will see few Muslims if at all they are Muslims.
Am not arguing there is no such school in Afikpo but people coming online to claim that many people have been converted to Islam in Afikpo
Like I said I was born and brought up in Afikpo, I had both my primary and secondary education in Afikpo. When I knew such school exist in Afikpo was in my ss3 when I was going to poly uwana for my sisters matriculation.
You can do your research, they don't teach those children Islam in that school, it's a normal school and they have an agreement with the community.

So except that Enohia side the school is located, it's not that known in Afikpo
i have visited Afikpo a number of times. And I have good friends that are from Afikpo. I have never seen any afikpo person that is a muslim.
Dont mind internet papertigers.
Re: How I Was Led To Become Shi’ite Muslim – Igbo Member Of The Islamic Movement by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:25pm On May 20, 2018
omokab:
stop saying what you don't have knowledge about it. There are many muslim in the east. Majority from ebonyi state at afikpo. Enugu and imo state especially from mbaise also have muslims. You can call home to make your findings. I know all this places very well and I have met many muslim from that side so don't say I'm sayinh what I don't know.
as far as they are not bombing anywhere or have not carried any terrorist activities in Igbo land, brother count them out, they are not true muslims.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain / Caption This Photo Of Rivers State Governor On Igbo Red Cap / Peter Obi In Berger, Apapa Lagos With Traders To Gather Support For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.