Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Marriage Kitchen Wars - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Kitchen Wars (4320 Views)

Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos / For All Your Kitchen Gadgets And More, Get In Here. / Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by JoannaSedley(f): 1:16pm On May 20, 2018
tbanj07:

What is this one saying...did you read the whole comments on here till it gets to where you had to throw yours in?

When you have less to throw around for many, then you can come back to the comment session to redeem yourself
Get lost biko. embarassed

Lock up your kitchen and take your keys with you before you poison them one day.
Heartless piece of meat like you.
Ordinary food.
You should be asking God for more so that there will be feast in your house everyday, rather, here you are lamenting about the meatless food you are harbouring in your rat infested kitchen.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 1:18pm On May 20, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Ordinary food kwa?

You scolded your wife because of ordinary food? Is not like they are living permanently with you?

Your wife isn't working yet so her siblings aren't supposed to enter the accursed kitchen? Or it will be abominable?

But your siblings can?

See how you painted your siblings as the best thing after sliced bread?
Then rubbished hers as some hungry folks who can't do without taking it all? Because you still regard them as strangers

I just pity your wife. Aradite, stingy, gummy and supercluey horseband.

Just tell them to stop coming to your poisonous house so that they won't be finishing your poisonous food that may probably choke them one day.

POC- My siblings don't just barge into the kitchen and take whatever they want in there without asking her (not even me)...after having a talk with her (wife) that she knows the present condition of the house that we are managing....yet her siblings continue doing whatever they want and can get their hands on in the kitchen without permission was why she was scolded...is everyone missing the whole point of this.

I won't come at you using abusive words...don't talk to a man using such words when you don't know what they are going through or how hard he is trying to put food on the table for the family amongst other family needs

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 1:19pm On May 20, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Get lost biko. embarassed

Lock up your kitchen and take your keys with you before you poison them one day.
Heartless piece of meat like you.
Ordinary food.
You should be asking God for more so that there will be feast in your house everyday, rather, here you are lamenting about the meatless food you are harbouring in your rat infested kitchen.

What part of the family managing food and other resources is it that you don't understand when they come in and take everything anyhow they like without their sister cautioning them

Are you human

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by JoannaSedley(f): 1:25pm On May 20, 2018
tbanj07:

POC- My siblings don't just barge into the kitchen and take whatever they want in there without asking her (not even me)...after having a talk with her (wife) that she knows the present condition of the house that we are managing....yet her siblings continue doing whatever they want and can get their hands on in the kitchen without permission was why she was scolded...is everyone missing the whole point of this.

I won't come at you using abusive words...don't talk to a man using such words when you don't know what they are going through or how hard he is trying to put food on the table for the family amongst other family needs
You really knew how each and every one of them ask her about food because you want to paint one bkack and the other white to us? Because you are always there when they ask her for food?
Is that how you monitor your kitchen/food?

I will pass cos this is very irritating.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2018
JoannaSedley:
You really knew how each and every one of them ask her about food because you want to paint one bkack and the other white to us? Because you are always there when they ask her for food?
Is that how you monitor your kitchen/food?

I will pass cos this is very irritating.

It's obvious you don't see things from someone else's angle...this is not a matter of painting one white and the other black. It is the reality no one on here doesn't seem to understand I guess

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by JoannaSedley(f): 1:37pm On May 20, 2018
tbanj07:

It's obvious you don't see things from someone else's angle...this is not a matter of painting one white and the other black. It is the reality no one on here doesn't seem to understand I guess
Yeah sir. That is how paranoid schizophrenic patients reasons. They are the only one seeing the monster in the room.

Kwontinu

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 1:40pm On May 20, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Yeah sir. That is how paranoid schizophrenic patients reasons. They are the only one seeing the monster in the room.

Kwontinu

"will do"...thanks

1 Like

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 20, 2018
tbanj07:

What is this one saying...did you read the whole comments on here till it gets to where you had to throw yours in?

When you have less to throw around for many, then you can come back to the comment session to redeem yourself

i say again, you are a tin god. with an attitude like that you should not be anywhere near the internet.

actually, you're a tin goddess - because it is WOMEN who say stay out of my kitchen, stay away from my soup, don't touch my cooking pan.

it is women who audit cooking pot and stew.

with all the things in the house to get annoyed over, you chose the kitchen cheesy cheesy

anyway, if things are hard and you are managing and no one is behaving, then you can do one of two things.

1) do not intervene when the food runs out. then everyone will know that things are tight
2) go extreme woman and lock fridge , freezer and put warning signs on the kitchen
3) as the man of the house, call a meeting for everyone and explain the need for discipline in food management

try not to take this too far, because tomorrow, your kids may be staying with those relatives.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 1:51pm On May 20, 2018
oyb:

i say again, you are a tin god. with an attitude like that you should not be anywhere near the internet.

actually, you're a tin goddess - because it is WOMEN who say stay out of my kitchen, stay away from my soup, don't touch my cooking pan.

it is women who audit cooking pot and stew.

with all the things in the house to get annoyed over, you chose the kitchen cheesy cheesy

thank you very much mr. supreme god or need I call you supreme goddess
Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 20, 2018
tbanj07:

thank you very much mr. supreme god or need I call you supreme goddess

if things are hard and you are managing and no one is behaving, then you can consider any of the following

1) as the man of the house, call a meeting for everyone and explain the need for discipline in food management
2) do not intervene when the food runs out. then everyone will know that things are tight
3) go extreme woman and lock fridge , freezer and put warning signs on the kitchen

try not to take this too far, because tomorrow, your kids may be staying with those relatives.

i cannot tell if things are hard, or you have an ebenezer scrooge attitude towards others.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Eberechi24(f): 2:10pm On May 20, 2018
tbanj07:

My family knows well enough not to go near our kitchen...im blessed to have a mother who doesn't care if my wife even serves her only water....and if any of my fam visit they enter d kitchen to wash and assist her...not dish food.

As for being agree at wife siblings...no i'm not but we've talked about this before and she still allowed it was why she was scolded this time.

P.S- my inlaws are not hungry folks

P,S- my in-laws are not hungry

am glad your in-laws are not hungry because if they are, I wonder what will be their fate.

Sir, am sorry to say this, you are very selfish. you cant give up your comfort for another to benefit, never! cause you are the man of the house.

Oga, loose some slack. man shall not live by bread alone.

if you ain't comfortable with their visits just stop them from coming cause you don't expect them to come to their sister's place and behave like strangers. your siblings aren't doing same because your wife isn't their blood.

but Sir, learn the act of giving selflessly, if do, I tell you sharing your food with others would be least of your worries

ever heard of givers never lack?

stay blessed

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2018
oyb:

if things are hard and you are managing and no one is behaving, then you can consider any of the following

1) as the man of the house, call a meeting for everyone and explain the need for discipline in food management
2) do not intervene when the food runs out. then everyone will know that things are tight
3) go extreme woman and lock fridge , freezer and put warning signs on the kitchen

i cannot tell if things are hard, or you have an ebenezer scrooge attitude towards others.

Things are hard presently which is why I said we live from paycheck to paycheck...can't go to the extent of doing the above you mentioned and wouldn't tell my wife to do the same...which is why I scold her so she would know how to manage things around the house (she's in the best position to caution them stylishly without any suspicions), is a wife not supposed to understand her home and know how to carry it within the family

It's not a one sided thing, my siblings know the way things are so they respect themselves and don't take anything without permission, which is why wife should do the same with her siblings so I don't give them a bad impression if this keeps going on and I intervene which calls for scolding her (wife)...I'm not saying they shouldn't eat...taking everything they want anytime without permission is my concern and i can't just let the whole family starve just as a punishment of them taking things without permission...I really just wish you'd understand! I really do!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 2:15pm On May 20, 2018
Eberechi24:

P,S- my in-laws are not hungry

am glad your in-laws are not hungry because if they are, I wonder what will be their fate.

Sir, am sorry to say this, you are very selfish. you cant give up your comfort for another to benefit, never! cause you are the man of the house.

Oga, loose some slack. man shall not live by bread alone.

if you ain't comfortable with their visits just stop them from coming cause you don't expect them to come to their sister's place and behave like strangers. your siblings aren't doing same because your wife isn't their blood.

but Sir, learn the act of giving selflessly, if do, I tell you sharing your food with others would be least of your worries

ever heard of givers never lack?

stay blessed

Ma,please try and understand that times are hard and we are only managing, I'm not uncomfortable with their visit...I'm just saying wife should be in the best position to talk to her siblings on how they handle things in the house due to the present situation...the whole house isn't full of supplies of what we need...I also have 3 kids.

Example: Reason why she was scolded was the fact that I came back home from work last night only to meet 2 of her sisters eating with 2 piece of meat each when my own kids only eat one as well as myself.

I wasn't joking when I said we are managing...was I wrong to scold my wife for that so she would know the best way to handle the house so they can cut it down?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by sisisioge: 2:30pm On May 20, 2018
Ha! It is well o. So if I get married now my sister can not dish food from the pot my husband eats from abi bawo? She needs to ask me before she eats? Abi she would expect me to do same in her house? Well, I think I would just be happy married to our friend who sees my sis as his sister too... Vise visa.

Meanwhile, take things easy husband. So long as your wife's siblings are not disrespectful to you or finish the whole lot not minding that you've not been served, be free and peaceful around them. They are your siblings too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 2:33pm On May 20, 2018
sisisioge:
Ha! It is well o. So if I get married now my sister can not dish food from the pot my husband eats from abi bawo? She needs to ask me before she eats? Abi she would expect me to do same in her house? Well, I think I would just be happy married to our friend who sees my sis as his sister too... Vise visa.

Meanwhile, take things easy husband. So long as your wife's siblings are not disrespectful to you or finish the whole lot not minding that you've not been served, be free and peaceful around them. They are your siblings too.

Please kindly read through the previous comments so you can have a better understanding of what my point is...thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by sisisioge: 2:34pm On May 20, 2018
tbanj07:

Please kindly read through the previous comments so you can have a better understanding of what my point is...thank you!

grin grin grin grin grin

No scold me too biko, I don dey go.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Pricelessangel0(f): 2:37pm On May 20, 2018
You are right to some extend but using the word 'scold' on your wife is not right and with them dishing food for themselves, attimes it depend on upbringing and how closely knitted they are cos like me i dont dish food/enter someone's kitchen except the person ask me to or am the one that cook.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by PraisesG(f): 2:50pm On May 20, 2018
Women don't like been scolded.
Women like to be reasoned with, cos they became your mate when two lie down together.
Your wife will continue, till she understands your reasons and perhaps fears.
She may also want to establish her boundaries too,thus make the boundaries like a couple,not like an employer and employed house girl approach, you might be using.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by ImaIma1(f): 3:06pm On May 20, 2018
Op it seems to have an issue with your wife's siblings. It is not just about dishing food.

It is something you should tell your wife that you do not like it. I don't see why you have to scold her for it.

If you have a sister who is close to your wife and usually goes to the pot when she visits, will you have a problem with it?

Try to cut yourself some slack and not be too serious.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Pearl05(f): 3:15pm On May 20, 2018
Your in-laws are not hungry folks yet you complain about dishing your food. Poverty mentality is your problem sir. I pray God to bless you so that you won't complain over such issues.

In my family house, everyone has access to the pot irrespective of who prepared the meal. It's only the males in the house that request for their meal to be dished.

Now if any of my sis visits me, they can help themselves in the kitchen, all that is needed to say is that "my husband or the kids or myself is yet to eat" .

1 Like

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Dyt(f): 3:40pm On May 20, 2018
tbanj07:

.I really just wish you'd understand! I really do!

I do understand everything you saying

You are right for scolding madam cos she knows how things are and its not the first time you told her about it.

Without you even having to tell her
She should know

You haven't done anything wrong
That's my own opinion

8 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Eberechi24(f): 4:23pm On May 20, 2018
tbanj07:

Ma,please try and understand that times are hard and we are only managing, I'm not uncomfortable with their visit...I'm just saying wife should be in the best position to talk to her siblings on how they handle things in the house due to the present situation...the whole house isn't full of supplies of what we need...I also have 3 kids.

Example: Reason why she was scolded was the fact that I came back home from work last night only to meet 2 of her sisters eating with 2 piece of meat each when my own kids only eat one as well as myself.

I wasn't joking when I said we are managing...was I wrong to scold my wife for that so she would know the best way to handle the house so they can cut it down?

there you go ägain, pieces of meat? sir, you are worrying yôurself over nothing. pls hold yourself you have a long way to go in life. I pray that things turn around for good so that you will have a good laugh over this thread you created.

your wife is trying to talk her siblings but maybe they dnt understand her. you knw she is the one on the fence. she is protecting you as well protecting her siblings, there is a way she will go about it, it will portray you as a bad inlaw. pls don't be too be hard on her.

if possible try and hold yourself cause you might catch themwith the last beverage in the fridge.

I know things are very difficult but learn to overlook something in life especially these food ish.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 4:26pm On May 20, 2018
Dyt:

I do understand everything you saying

You are right for scolding madam cos she knows how things are and its not the first time you told her about it.

Without you even having to tell her
She should know

You haven't done anything wrong
That's my own opinion

Thank you...exactly the point everyone seems to be missing thinking I have other issues with her family when i do not.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2018
Eberechi24:

there you go ägain, pieces of meat? sir, you are worrying yôurself over nothing. pls hold yourself you have a long way to go in life. I pray that things turn around for good so that you will have a good laugh over this thread you created.

your wife is trying to talk her siblings but maybe they dnt understand her. you knw she is the one on the fence. she is protecting you as well protecting her siblings, there is a way she will go about it, it will portray you as a bad inlaw. pls don't be too be hard on her.

if possible try and hold yourself cause you might catch themwith the last beverage in the fridge.

I know things are very difficult but learn to overlook something in life especially these food ish.

Amen and thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Filmewell(f): 4:54pm On May 20, 2018
I think you taking things to far. Remember they are her family before you. I visit my sister cook for them serve food to every one. Will you still say I should not serve myself too. Relax life can be easier if only we don't over think somethings.
Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Mznaett: 5:31pm On May 20, 2018
Ordinary food kwa? shocked

People dey sha...

Instead of praying for open doors, you're here complaining of irrelevant things.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by ladyP30(f): 6:00pm On May 20, 2018
sir I don't see any issue here, you don't know what tomorrow holds for you,things might turn around and you might need their help.am married and my siblings nd my hubby siblings are free to access the kitchen no big deal.i know things are hard but don't get worked up over such things just pray for more blessings nd open doors.remain blessed
Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by UjuJoan2: 6:15pm On May 20, 2018
This is why I hate broke men. His mates are busy making money and he's stuck in the kitchen checking who goes to the pot.

Odikwa egwu!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 8:36pm On May 20, 2018
UjuJoan2:
This is why I hate broke men. His mates are busy making money and he's stuck in the kitchen checking who goes to the pot.

Odikwa egwu!

Surely not the lazy type..."his mates are busy making money"...are we in the same line of business or have you any idea what I do and how bad things are at this time? Kindly go through the comments to have a better understanding of the situation on ground. Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by tbanj07(m): 8:37pm On May 20, 2018
ladyP30:
sir I don't see any issue here, you don't know what tomorrow holds for you,things might turn around and you might need their help.am married and my siblings nd my hubby siblings are free to access the kitchen no big deal.i know things are hard but don't get worked up over such things just pray for more blessings nd open doors.remain blessed

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 20, 2018
I understand where the op is coming from. Your wife should warn her family to desist from such as you don't like it. Life is simple.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Kitchen Wars by MizzD: 9:01pm On May 20, 2018
Aww..sorry Op.

I was initially irritated too reading through your original post and subsequent comments on the first page. But with your last two posts, I kinda understand where you are coming from.

I also want to believe the only reason you are bothered about who is eating two pieces of meat or what have you is because of the situation of things currently and not because that’s just who you are undecided

Nonetheless, you need to be careful so this doesn’t escalate to a family feud,as you are already comparing and using some kinda language to describe your wife’s family. I mean you already insinuated they are hungry people who don’t regard you. sad angry

TALK to your wife. She needs to be more tactful.

And you also really need to calm down too undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Could This Be How Super TV Ceo Usifo Ataga Was Killed? (pics) / The Awkward Truth About Naija Husbands...lmao! / Bridegroom Hangs Self At Isiala Mbano Four Days To Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.