Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning (1030 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out / The Difference Between Hell, Hell Fire And Lake Of Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by ORIENTATION101: 10:53am On May 20, 2018
does it mean death and hell will cease to exist or it will be cast into a burning fire.

revelation 20:14
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by Maamin(m): 11:10am On May 20, 2018
Yes! it will cease to exist, because it won't be relevant in the new heaven and earth kiss
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by Jozzy4: 11:41am On May 20, 2018
Maamin:
Yes! it will cease to exist, because it won't be relevant in the new heaven and earth kiss

Same faith await everything thrown into lake of fire, cease to exist

1 Like

Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by Jozzy4: 11:48am On May 20, 2018
This proved the hellfire doctrine as False.

1 Like

Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by daveP(m): 1:18pm On May 20, 2018
Quite a disappointment that some Christians don't have an iota of idea about the Bible they carry. None can give a salient answer to the OP's question?

Well death and hell are spirits. They are very powerful spirits and they would be destroyed and care to exist before the new beginning starts.

Hell itself would cease to exist too.

Revelations is very clear about this facts....
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by Maamin(m): 1:47pm On May 20, 2018
Jozzy4:

Yea! kiss
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by Primesky(m): 4:51pm On May 20, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
does it mean death and hell will cease to exist or it will be cast into a burning fire.

revelation 20:14

Death will be destroyed likewise hell. If death is destroyed, then those in the lake of fire will never ever die, but will suffer the most excruciating pain ever known. Satan, death, hell, fallen angels, false prophets and all whose name is not in the book of life, will end up there.

Hell is a child's play compared to lake of fire. Demons can move about and do things in hell, but not in Lake of fire. However, whatever takes a soul to hell, can also take him/her to lake of fire. Hell is more like a waiting place. See it here in the passage below.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

So, hell is a reserved waiting place before final judgment and sentencing into the lake of fire.

Avoid such a horrible place by accepting the Lord Jesus Christ, that is the only escape man has.

Jesus Saves.

1 Like

Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by johnw47: 1:51am On May 25, 2018
Jozzy4:
This proved the hellfire doctrine as False.

Mat_5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

hell is a word used for the grave(hades), hell is also used for the place of everlasting fire and punishment(geenna):

hell
G1067

γέεννα
geenna
gheh'-en-nah
Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment: - hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 12

hell-geenna, that place of everlasting punishment is also called the Lake of Fire:

Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by johnw47: 2:00am On May 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

including satan? then explain this:

Rev_20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by Jozzy4: 8:28pm On May 26, 2018
johnw47:

including satan? then explain this:

Rev_20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

grin grin am glad you know the wild beast ain't a real animal and it has same fate with Satan.

What is this wild beast?
What will happen to whatever it represented?
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by Jozzy4: 8:31pm On May 26, 2018
johnw47:

Mat_5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

hell is a word used for the grave(hades),
hell is also used for the place of everlasting fire and punishment(geenna):

hell
G1067

γέεννα
geenna
gheh'-en-nah
Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment: - hell.
Total KJV occurrences: 12

hell-geenna, that place of everlasting punishment is also called the Lake of Fire:

Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

grin The rich man is in the Grave, agreed ?
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by johnw47: 11:06am On May 27, 2018
Jozzy4:

grin The rich man is in the Grave, agreed ?

i have already said i'm not decided on everlasting torment >verses< cease to exist
lets look at the verses you allude to:
the rich mans dead-corrupting body is in the grave, verse 22
and his spirit-soul is in the Lake of Fire:

(Luk 16:24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
(Luk 16:25) But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

is the rich man tormented in the flames or is he burnt up-cease to exist?
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by Jozzy4: 11:22am On May 27, 2018
johnw47:

i have already said i'm not decided on everlasting torment >verses< cease to exist
lets look at the verses you allude to:
the rich mans dead-corrupting body is in the grave, verse 22
and his spirit-soul is in the Lake of Fire:

(Luk 16:24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
(Luk 16:25) But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

is the rich man tormented in the flames or is he burnt up-cease to exist?

Petty knowledge is affecting you

Now answer properly since you admit Hades Is Grave , the Rich man Is in Hades. . yes Or no ?
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by Peacefullove: 11:49am On May 27, 2018
You have this habit of leaving what you are asked to release your programmed speeches .

Primesky:

Death will be destroyed likewise hell.

You will confess

Logically, same thing applies to everything said to be in lake of fire. It will mean Destroy NOT mythical hell

If death is destroyed, then those in the lake of fire will never ever die, but will suffer the most excruciating pain ever known. Satan, death, hell, fallen angels, false prophets and all whose name is not in the book of life, will end up there.

This is heavy brainwashing , will death and hell also suffer pains . whatever applies to those you mentioned must apply to death and hell too.

Hell is a child's play compared to lake of fire. Demons can move about and do things in hell, but not in Lake of fire. However, whatever takes a soul to hell, can also take him/her to lake of fire. Hell is more like a waiting place. See it here in the passage below.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

So, hell is a reserved waiting place before final judgment and sentencing into the lake of fire.

Avoid such a horrible place by accepting the Lord Jesus Christ, that is the only escape man has.

Jesus Saves.

You don't understand what you are saying, Answer why people who died in the sea do not go there .

And the SEA gave up the dead which were in it;
and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: says Revelation 20 vs 13

If hell is a waiting place for sinners, How come those who die in the Sea don't go there ? !!!

Waiting for your reply primesky grin
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by luvmijeje(f): 12:29pm On May 27, 2018
Hmmmm, death and hell were thrown into the lake of fire. Op, the day you realize the book of Revelation was a vision given to an unknown John , the faster you will get to know, everything written in there are all symbolism.

What do I mean? In the same book of Revelation 12, there's a description of a fiery red dragon. So have you ever seen or heard of a dragon vomiting flood enough to carry a ant talk less of a woman? So what does that tells you?

SO what makes you think, death and hell being swallow up doesn't signified something else?
Re: Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning by chemystery: 12:49pm On May 27, 2018
luvmijeje:
Hmmmm, death and hell were thrown into the lake of fire. Op, the day you realize the book of Revelation was a vision given to an unknown John , the faster you will get to know, everything written in there are all symbolism.

What do I mean? In the same book of Revelation 12, there's a description of a fiery red dragon. So have you ever seen or heard of a dragon vomiting flood enough to carry a ant talk less of a woman? So what does that tells you?

SO what makes you think, death and hell being swallow up doesn't signified something else?

It signifies something else like?

(1) (Reply)

Part Of The Bible Where Man Was Smarter Than God / The Average Nigerian Christian Does NOT Worship God, They Worship Their Pastors” / God—the Aggressive Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.