Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,163 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement (1480 Views)

Toyota Camry 04 Gear Box Is Needed Please. Someone Should Kindly Help Out / Cracked And Sticky Dashboard Repairs - Lexus And Toyota Suv/car / The New Honda N-box Is Indeed A Box, But It’s Beautiful (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by nickxtra(m): 2:46pm On May 20, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, pls my Toyota Corolla's gear box casing had a crack and transmission oil is leaking out. How do I get this fixed?

Some persons have advised me to get a gear box casing and get a gear box expert to transfer my gear component into it. Is this option okay?

Am in Abuja and a i need a very good gear box technician urgently.
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 20, 2018
Is there no auto repairs shop in your neighborhood ?

1 Like

Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by nickxtra(m): 2:48pm On May 20, 2018
Solstar:
Is there no auto repairs shop in your neighborhood ?
I can't find a reliable one around
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 20, 2018
nickxtra:
I can't find a reliable one around

Is the gearbox directly hooked to the Engine Compartment ? The last time I had such issue was over 10 yrs ago, and the vehicle I used then was complex and I was advised to buy a new engine which came with a gear box, I declined to, and wanted to fix the box alone. I spent 150K for the repairs but it wasnt perfect, I had to dash the mechanic the vehicle and got a new one.

You need to get a good technician, it is not something one can speculate. But probably, you might find someone with better idea, I recommend buying a new engine pre-loaded with a gear system.
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by weyreypey: 2:59pm On May 20, 2018
Cc kingreign
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by mayor2013: 3:04pm On May 20, 2018
Simple and short get a replacement gearbox if you don't want funds wasted
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by nickxtra(m): 3:18pm On May 20, 2018
Solstar:

Is the gearbox directly hooked to the Engine Compartment ? The last time I had such issue was over 10 yrs ago, and the vehicle I used then was complex and I was advised to buy a new engine which came with a gear box, I declined to, and wanted to fix the box alone. I spent 150K for the repairs but it wasnt perfect, I had to dash the mechanic the vehicle and got a new one.

You need to get a good technician, it is not something one can speculate. But probably, you might find someone with better idea, I recommend buying a new engine pre-loaded with a gear system.
No, the gear box is not fixed to the engine. It's separate. The car is a Toyota Corolla 2006
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by nickxtra(m): 3:19pm On May 20, 2018
mayor2013:
Simple and short get a replacement gearbox if you don't want funds wasted
Okay. But how much can I get a good working gear box for Toyota Corolla 2006?
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 20, 2018
nickxtra:
No, the gear box is not fixed to the engine. It's separate. The car is a Toyota Corolla 2006

Very well then.

Just replace the gear box with a new one. I do not recommend repairs because Gearbox is very important.
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by nickxtra(m): 5:33pm On May 20, 2018
Solstar:

Very well then.

Just replace the gear box with a new one. I do not recommend repairs because Gearbox is very important.
It's okay. thanks very much
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by mayor2013: 9:00pm On May 20, 2018
nickxtra:
Okay. But how much can I get a good working gear box for Toyota Corolla 2006?

You would need to contact your local dealer for price

1 Like

Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by vertueptime: 10:34pm On May 20, 2018
Assuming the gear box is perfectly fine aside the crack, then u can buy a casing and transfer the parts, its cheaper nd will work fine

1 Like

Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by nickxtra(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2018
mayor2013:

Okay. Thanks
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by nickxtra(m): 11:05am On May 21, 2018
mayor2013:

Okay. Thanks
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by nickxtra(m): 11:05am On May 21, 2018
vertueptime:
Assuming the gear box is perfectly fine aside the crack, then u can buy a casing and transfer the parts, its cheaper nd will work fine
Re: My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement by nickxtra(m): 11:06am On May 21, 2018
vertueptime:
Okay. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Calculate Pls / 2009 Pontiac Vibe 'self Depressed Accelerator' On Motion! Come In Please / Checkout Some Of Oldest Cars In The World - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.