Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,801 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank (20334 Views)

Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi / Atiku Reacts To Great Nation Performance By Timi Dakolo And Others / Osinbajo Given 7 Days To Resign By Timi Frank Over N5.8bn ‘Illegal Approval’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by emmysa1212: 2:59pm On May 20, 2018
OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI ON THE STATE OF THE NATION

Dear Sir,

I write this letter to you, Mr. President, with all sincerity and humility, as it is my very first letter to you since your emergence as President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of our great country, Nigeria.

I would first of all like to use this opportunity to formally apologise to the immediate past President of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, for all the tantrums and mistreatment orchestrated by me against his person while he held sway at the helm of affairs of our great country.

Indeed, I and many others may have misunderstood Jonathan's silence for weakness and thus pushed harder to malign his person and portray him as a weak leader. Having achieved the Change Agenda, it is now crystal clear, that the change we had clamoured for is not the change we got.

While this may have come as a rude shock to some of us who preached the change mantra assiduously, particularly the youth, I am consoled by the fact that, Nigeria shall get to the promise land someday and our generations yet unborn will appreciate the genuine efforts made by those of us who stood on the path of truth, rather than being praise singers sycophants.

Mr. President, I am sure that the current state of our dear country should be a cause of genuine concern, as the symptoms of the ailment you had come to cure seem to have morphed into a killer virus waiting to consume its patient (Nigeria) as the clock ticks away.

The damning assessment of Nigeria under your leadership as released by the United States Department of State in its 2017 country reports on Human Rights, cited impunity as being widespread at all levels of government and lack of transparency by your administration. The report noted that massive corruption by government officials and security agencies is on the rise with most perpetrators being shielded from trial, thus giving room for reckless practices with impunity. The report stated that, “although the law provides for criminal penalties for conviction of official corruption, the government did not implement the law effectively, and officials frequently engaged in corrupt practices with impunity...massive, widespread and pervasive corruption affected all levels of government and the security services."

Today there is hardship everywhere with the price of fuel now N145 per as against the N85 that it was being sold when you assumed office - the over N1.4trillion already paid by your government as fuel subsidy notwithstanding. You will agree with me, Mr. President, that a report of this magnitude coming from a foreign government should be a cause for serious concern as it posits that your Anti-Corruption Agenda is merely a hoax. Furthermore, your famous slogan of “belonging to everybody and belonging to nobody” has turned out to be a mere Public Relations gimmick, meant to soothe the egos of the spectators that were present at your historic swearing-in-ceremony.

Other assessment cited by the report include the extra judicial killing of IPOB members, Col. Sambo Dasuki’s continuous incarceration, widespread human rights abuses and flagrant disregard for the Rule of Law, under this administration.

You will recall, Mr. President, that a similar report from the Transparency International (TI) was rubbished by your Ministers who claimed the global body was biased in its assessment. Surely, both agencies could not have conspired to tarnish the reputation of your government, as Nigerians can also decipher the high partiality and nepotism being practised by your government, which represents a new low in the history of governance in Nigeria.

I would therefore recommend that your Special Adviser on Media and Publicity should grab a copy of THISDAY Newspaper of Tuesday, 24 April 2018 and perhaps brief you further on the report, in the event that the content of the report has not been brought to your attention.Mr. President, it may also interest you to know that the economy under your watch has been terribly battered, with all the economic indices indicating that we are yet to recover from the recession of 2016, owing to your ill conceived policies as against the rhetoric of the erstwhile administration being responsible for our woes.

The GDP growth before you took over government and three years after being in the saddle of governance attests to woeful failure of government policies while gambling with the nation’s economic gains. The high unemployment and poverty rate as released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) should be a cause of concern to any well-meaning Nigerian, as the masses can barely survive with their current meagre income which leaves them with little or no savings to embark on other meaningful economic ventures to better their lot.

Furthermore sir, I am sure that you’re aware that the level of insecurity in the country now has reached an all time high with an average of at least 50 deaths weekly to the bewilderment of the an already wearied population, whose hopes are dashed on a daily basis. Only last week over 120 persons were kidnapped along the Birnin-Gwari Road in Kaduna State. The farmers/herders crises has continued to claim precious lives as if the nation is in a state of war. Moreover, the statement credited to you that the killer herdsmen were trained by the late Moumar Gadaffi of Libya is most unfortunate as nothing is being done to police the borders in order to prevent them from coming in as well as declaring a state of emergency on these murderous killers.

More so, the statement credited to former Minister of Defence, Gen. T.Y. Danjuma came as another rude shock to Nigerians on the state of our security architecture in the nation, not also forgetting the statements attributed to former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, reemphasising, that the government under your watch has failed Nigerians.

Surely, the opinions of your comrades cannot all be a farce, but rather a wakeup call to your administration that all is indeed not well with the nation. This is why I dare say that a re-election bid in the wake of this wanton killings and widespread sacrilege in the land, is definitely not the right thing to do at this time in a country engulfed with so much bloodletting. Permit me to say that as things stand today, Nigeria, under your government, has become increasingly autocratic.

Instead of enhancing freedom and rule of law, our democratic gains are being frittered away under the pretext of fighting corruption. The rights to freedom of speech and association are increasingly being denied. People can no longer freely express themselves without security agencies harassing, accusing, arresting, parading, and prosecuting them like common criminals over spurious allegations.

I dare say that I am by this letter offering myself to pay whatever price it will take for Nigeria to be free once again. I know your goons will soon come after me but I am not bothered a bit. I will continue to speak the truth. I spoke the truth when Jonathan, my kinsman, was in power and I will continue to speak the truth. Be that as it may, the truth is that you have destroyed our democracy so much so that Nigerians are now living in fear.

Under your tenure the rule of law has been replaced with the rule of force. You have injected fear into the society. People who voted for you to save them from corruption and ineptitude have been barred from speaking up against the myriads of evil and wicked acts being perpetrated by officials in your government.

Unfortunately, corruption is in the upward swing under your watch. This is why I had to apologize to Jonathan since events of the last three years have shown the former President was a better leader. People freely expressed themselves under Jonathan's administration without fear of being branded cultists' sponsors, gunrunners or aiding murderers. But not so under this administration.

Under Jonathan, Nigerians enjoyed freedom of speech, association and right to hold dissenting views including organizing and partaking in protests against unwelcome government policies. All these are no go areas today. Does it mean Jonathan was a better democrat? It is a fact that no member of the APC which was then in the opposition before 2015 was jailed or harassed for expressing dissent.

However, under this administration, the Senate President is being persecuted, Senator Dino Melaye has been arrested and detained like a common criminal, Senator Matthew Urhroghide had been attached for telling Nigerians that the Federal Government breached the Constitution by paying the sum of $496million for 12 Tucano fighter jets without National Assembly approval; the trial of Senator Isa Misau by the AGF over his face-off with the Inspector General of Police, the persecution of most members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the name of fighting corruption are all examples of intolerance under this administration.

Mr. President, while your fight against corruption is being promoted as gathering steam leading to an award given to you by the African Union (AU) recently, the allegation of illegal award of $25billion contracts leveled against the GMD of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), has not been investigated but rather the malfeasance and shoddy dealing in the NNPC has been swept under the carpet because as the substantive Minister of Petroleum Resources any probe of the agency will require that you make some explanations.

This government has shown total disdain for court pronouncements and the enforcement of fundamental human rights of citizens. El-Zakzaky and Dasuki will not be in jail today but for the present rule of force under this government. It is a pity that today democracy and freedom have become scarce. Insecurity continues unabated. Killings take place on a daily basis across the country either by kidnappers, Boko Haram insurgents, herdsmen, and other criminal elements having a free reign around the country. Life has become worthless and uncertain and people cannot speak out for fear of being labeled anti-government by your regime. Besides, instead of heeding the wise counsel of leaders like Obasanjo, IBB, TY. Danjuma, General Gowon, and religious leaders like Bakare and Oyedepo, you have again declared to seek reelection as President. You even boasted in Bauchi that you will be reelected which was akin to saying you will rig yourself back into office. The worse acts of corruption are being perpetuated under your regime, but people are keeping quiet because of fear of reprisals. This cannot continue. You met Democracy and freedom in 2015, when you leave office, there will still be democracy and freedom for the people. Nigeria will not end with you. Before you, others came, but today where are they? Under this regime, the homes of Honourabe Justices were forcefully broken into and ransacked. Many of them were suspended and are currently being prosecuted by agents of the executive. If this is not intimidation of the highest order what is it? Despite immunity conferred in him by the Constitution, the home of the Governor of Akwa Ibom State was raided. The Governor of Rivers State had to approach the courts for an injunction to forestall a similar treatment being meted on him. Is it not curious that Senator Shehu Sani and Dino Melaye have been framed up as being connected to criminal murder suspects just because they politically differ with their state governors? It is not also true that Saraki and the Governor of Kwara State are now being roped into the case of alleged cultists and murder suspects arrested in Ilorin? If this is not harassment, intimidation and humiliation of perceived opponents of your administration, then what is it?

Don't forget that the Senate led by Saraki has been in a ding-dong with the Inspector General of Police for refusing to honour the legitimate summons of the upper chamber. The plot to once again implicate Saraki in murder activities using alleged cult members earlier arrested in Kwara State is a new low in the antics of this administration to harass, intimidate and humiliate members of the opposition especially those of the defunct New PDP arm of the APC.

The recent attack on the Rivers State Judiciary, the invasion of the Senate and forceful theft of its mace without arrests or word of condemnation by you make the security situation worse and worrisome.

The vehemence with which members of the opposition and the New PDP arm of the APC are being persecuted makes one to wonder why close aides of yours and other high officials in this administration with criminals allegations against them are not equally being prosecuted.

Are you no longer for everybody and belong to nobody? What is good for PDP and New PDP members ought to be good for members of the CPC, ACN, ANPP and a faction of APGA in the APC as well. The reality is that members of the APC are sacred cows that can do no wrong.This growing intolerance, repression and coercion against innocent citizens has led me to the painful resolve to once again offer myself as a sacrificial lamb to pay the price for Nigeria's total emancipation from the shackles of tyranny being perpetuated by your government.

I therefore, urge all Nigerians to wake up and face the current realities and save Nigeria from total collapse under the jackboots of impunity by this administration. History will not be fair to me if I had championed the campaigns against former President Jonathan and now remain silent in the face of anti-democratic tendencies and sheer impunity.

It is my sincere hope that this letter meets you well. I also hope that my outburst will not be seen from the angle of disrespect, but rather of despair and urgency. I believe it is high time for you, as the President and Commander-In-Chief to arrest the situation and restore peace, security and rule of law in the country and confidence in the people once more.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

With best regards

Comrade Timi Frank
Deputy National Publicity Secretary All Progressives Congress 07033555555

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by Massdamm(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2018
next case please

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by hypertension(m): 3:10pm On May 20, 2018
Jonathan was a good president

We misunderstood him

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by olasco18(m): 3:35pm On May 20, 2018
They ar nt loading his account anymore....idiot..so nw dat u ar nt on their payment roll dats y ur eyes dn open.... Any way baba buhari till 2023....dankwambo 2023 to 2031....fashola 2031 to 2039.....igbo presidency till kingdom.com

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by weyreypey: 3:58pm On May 20, 2018
It is never a good thing to support a stranger at the expense of your person.
Ask the Christians who voted against GEJ for Buhari.... Especially in the middle belt...

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by weyreypey: 3:58pm On May 20, 2018
tongue...
Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by MadeInTokyo: 4:01pm On May 20, 2018
grin grin grin
I would first of all like to use this opportunity to formally apologise to the immediate past President of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, for all the tantrums and mistreatment orchestrated by me against his person while he held sway at the helm of affairs of our great country

Indeed, I and many others may have misunderstood Jonathan's silence for weakness and thus pushed harder to malign his person and portray him as a weak leader. Having achieved the Change Agenda, it is now crystal clear, that the change we had clamoured for is not the change we got.

End of Discussion

God Bless Jonathan

Thunder fire Buhari and all his zombie worshippers insha allah

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 20, 2018
please can someone help me with that picture where GEJ was saying that he's the most insulted president on earth but when he's gone, we will miss the freedom we enjoyed under him....

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 20, 2018
Now let me use this space to let you guys in on how Buhari plans to rule via dictatorship.

1. Use his minions / zombies to make people see the Senate as their enemies. in progress.

2. Take control of the judiciary. 50% complete

3. Make the senates useless via #1 and snobbing by the executive. 50% complete

4. By the time the Senate becomes effectively snobbed, they'll be nothing more than a house cat. A phony corruption fight will be launched and members targeted. His minions (see #1) will applaud and the Senate will be rendered more useless.

Remember that Buharis zombies haven't hidden the fact that they want buhari to serve as a dictator. They usually say "how I wish buhari will put on his khaki for just one week", going by their thinking process and the religion of most of them, it's not surprising.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by pedrilo: 5:24pm On May 20, 2018
You are sorry for urself Timi.
When we told you lots to refrain from supporting this dullard in 2015, u didn't listen.
Your stubbornness and unwise decision in 2015 brought hunger, insecurity, poverty, intimidation, harassment nepotism and wanthom killings to Nigeria.
God must pay you back by transmitting you and ur ilks to hell

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by fineboynl(m): 5:51pm On May 20, 2018
everyone have to regret the support they gave to buhari in 2015, the only people still supporting this guy are terrorist minded people and those who are benefiting from him, and they are all enemies of the country.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by doctokwus: 6:13pm On May 20, 2018
It's only mentally challenged people that still think Buhari has anything to offer.
He is gross failure personified.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by lurvy: 6:20pm On May 20, 2018

Where do we even start from??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by osscarr(m): 6:26pm On May 20, 2018
Timi u re now writing letter so that what will happen?
Shey u lots said u will vote him out if he doesn't perform
Oya o
Goodluck with that
Useful idiot

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by ivandragon: 7:18pm On May 20, 2018
its too late Timi...

pmb has achieved his goals & 2019 looks like a piece of cake...

1. he has effectively rubbished the NAss by sponsoring vile propaganda against them. now, most Nigerians hate them & are not ready to stand up even when the NAss is in the right;

2. the Judiciary has been caged. while a few might still try to be courageous, they are in the fast disappearing minority;

3. the citizens are being cowered. for every one criticism of pmb, the government sponsors 20 mercenaries to rain insults on the critic regardless of if its justified or not;

4. the elites, being the selfish cowards they are, are more interested in protecting their loot. as long as pmb leaves them with their loot, they will keep quiet;

5. INEC is effectively under pmb's lock & key;

6. heads security agencies are now the arrow heads for the bco;

7. the key revenue areas are under pmb's control... NNPC & Customs...

so tell me, how can pmb lose in 2019? if all else fails, he is ready to let Nigeria 'burn'... & the blood of dogs & baboons flood the street...

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by RZArecta2(m): 7:44pm On May 20, 2018
APC zombies will destroy Timi Frank online while the demonic FG through the EFCC will trace billions of dollars to his accounts. Please, don't forget he's a senior APC member o... Fóols

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2018
ivandragon:
its too late Timi...

pmb has achieved his goals & 2019 looks like a piece of cake...

1. he has effectively rubbished the NAss by sponsoring vile propaganda against them. now, most Nigerians hate them & are not ready to stand up even when the NAss is in the right;

2. the Judiciary has been caged. while a few might still try to be courageous, they are in the fast disappearing minority;

3. the citizens are being cowered. for every one criticism of pmb, the government sponsors 20 mercenaries to rain insults on the critic regardless of if its justified or not;

4. the elites, being the selfish cowards they are, are more interested in protecting their loot. as long as pmb leaves them with their loot, they will keep quiet;

5. INEC is effectively under pmb's lock & key;

6. heads security agencies are now the arrow heads for the bco;

7. the key revenue areas are under pmb's control... NNPC & Customs...

so tell me, how can pmb lose in 2019? if all else fails, he is ready to let Nigeria 'burn'... & the blood of dogs & baboons flood the street...
I have alws known PDP supporter want the Ghana must go approach to continue between the executive and the legislature like it used to be.
U guys re going have to wait until God knows when

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by ivandragon: 9:48pm On May 20, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
I have alws known PDP supporter want the Ghana must go approach to continue between the executive and the legislature like it used to be.
U guys re going have to wait until God knows when

tell your tales to Lawal, kyari, baru, kemi & all the other grass cutters you APC supporters love to defend...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by DIKEnaWAR: 11:38pm On May 20, 2018
Same Bolaji Abdullahi condemning Timi is in the same group with him.

Politics and politicians!

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by hucienda: 1:33am On May 21, 2018
This one medicine just clear for head. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by ugo4u: 5:26am On May 21, 2018
If you point out all this facts you will be called a wailer, the truth remains infallible. The corruption going on under this government is monumental, many people fail to realise that nepotism is also corruption, if retiring almost 26 senior police officers who the government has spent millions of naira on training both in and out of the country for a junior, two step below is not corruption then I wonder what corruption is. it is very visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that Nigeria has gone south since Buhari came into power, but unfortunately many people still supports the brigandage going on especially some of our brothers in the South west, I'm gobsmacked how they deify Tinubu even if he is on the wrong despite their high level of education, they tend to always say Igbos cannot play politics or Igbos hate anything Fulani or Islam but they fail to realise that Igbos supported Yar'adua till death, even Shagari had massive followership in the east during his tenure, Nnamdi Kanu with his extreme views praised the leadership style of those men who are Fulanis. Truth be told Nigeria is bleeding. Firstly, it was an attack on Judges and shockingly many people supported the dastardly act in the name of fighting corruption, now it has creeped into the legislative arm and surprisingly some zombified people are still backing the outlandish janjaweedism on perceived political enemies. Very soon the next port of call will be the media and before anyone realises what's happening our narccent democracy will totally collapse then we will be talking about keeping the country together as one, when other nations are thinking of sending people to Mars.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by nnachukz(m): 5:27am On May 21, 2018
The problems with Nigeria are as follows;

1). Boko-Haram
2). Unemployment
3). Herdsmen
4). Armed Robbery
5). Recession
6). Insecurity

Check the first CAPITAL letters of numbers 1 - 6 ��� and you will know why it’s happening.
Get your PVC now. This nonsense must stop in 2019.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by eagleeye2: 5:44am On May 21, 2018
Speechless. What a day to be alive.
The one wey dey pain na the hardship this useless government carry come. But I am consoled that everyone both wailers and hailers are tasting the bitter pills of hardship.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by Jaideyone(m): 6:06am On May 21, 2018
hypertension:
Jonathan was a good president

We misunderstood him

i'm not going to say the FG handled the economy well but at least 51% of the blame will go to the previous administration!!!

have you ever heard the saying "save for the rainy day"?

with ATH crude price of $110 per barrel Jonathan took our foreign reserve from from over 40b and left it at $21B. at the same time reasonable countries like Saudi Arabia had 500billion dollars in foreign reserve!!!

see how Saudi grew their reserve at the same time Jonathan was wasting ours (2010-2015)

https://tradingeconomics.com/saudi-arabia/foreign-exchange-reserves

Jonathan couldn't do Lagos-ibadan express road, second Niger bridge, PH-owerri road, calabar itu road, Lagos Abeokuta road, east west road, oyo- Ilorin road and many others. where did $21B (that he spent from our foreign reserve) plus the massive oil revenue of 80-$110 per barrel in 5yrs (2009-2014) go?
when buhari took over in 2015, oil was selling for around $50 and it went as low as $45. At the same time (while the price was low) disgruntled elements in the ND were busy blowing up pipelines to extent that Nigeria lost more than 40% of it's production capacity.

Now with $45 low oil price and loss of 40% of production capacity tell me how the government would have avoided the recession when there was no foreign reserve to dip into to defend the naira and make life easier for the common man.

see how Saudi started dipping into their foreign reserve at a time the oil price was low. that is when their 500b+ reserve fell below 500b

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-28/saudi-net-foreign-assets-dip-below-500-billion-in-april

so Professor of economics where did you expect the FG to get dollars to defend the naira from? with
-low oil price $45
-low foreign reserve
-loss of 40% of production capacity due to vandalism (which I recall PDP and Jonathan ever condemned).

see a link of dangote advising the FG to sell some assets so we can have money to defend the naira here

https://www.thecable.ng/sell-nlng-beef-up-reserves-see-naira-at-2501dangote-way-out-of-recession

so please tell me, who should take the bulk of the blame for the recession? the man that met a depleted reserve or the man that refused to save in the midst of plenty.

cc eagleeye2
RZArecta2
doctokwus
fineboynl
pedrito
ikennaf1
madeintokyo

pls tell us how the FG could have avoided the recession under these conditions. no insults. just suggestions. I believe we are adults

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by Nobody: 7:52am On May 21, 2018
Jaideyone:
i'm not going to say the FG handled the economy well but at least 51% of the blame will go to the previous administration!!!

with ATH crude price of $110 per barrel Jonathan took our foreign reserve from from over 40b and left it at $21B. at the same time reasonable countries like Saudi Arabia had 500billion dollars in foreign reserve!!!

see how Saudi grew their reserve at the same time Jonathan was wasting ours (2010-2015)

https://tradingeconomics.com/saudi-arabia/foreign-exchange-reserves

Jonathan couldn't do Lagos-ibadan express road, second Niger bridge, PH-owerri road, calabar itu road, Lagos Abeokuta road, east west road, oyo- Ilorin road and many others. where did $21B (that he spent from our foreign reserve) plus the massive oil revenue of 80-$110 per barrel in 5yrs (2009-2014) go?
when buhari took over in 2015, oil was selling for around $50 and it went as low as $45. At the same time (while the price was low) disgruntled elements in the ND were busy blowing up pipelines to extent that Nigeria lost more than 40% of it's production capacity.

Now with $45 low oil price and loss of 40% of production capacity tell me how the government would have avoided the recession when there was no foreign reserve to dip into to defend the naira and make life easier for the common man.

see how Saudi started dipping into their foreign reserve at a time the oil price was low. that is when their 500b+ reserve fell below 500b

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-28/saudi-net-foreign-assets-dip-below-500-billion-in-april

so Professor of economics where did you expect the FG to get dollars to defend the naira from? with
-low oil price $45
-low foreign reserve
-loss of 40% of production capacity due to vandalism (which I recall PDP and Jonathan ever condemned).

see a link of dangote advising the FG to sell some assets so we can have money to defend the naira here

https://www.thecable.ng/sell-nlng-beef-up-reserves-see-naira-at-2501dangote-way-out-of-recession

so please tell me, who should take the bulk of the blame for the recession? the man that met a depleted reserve or the man that refused to save in the midst of plenty.

cc eagleeye2
RZArecta2
doctokwus
fineboynl
pedrito
ikennaf1
madeintokyo

pls tell us how the FG could have avoided the recession under these conditions. no insults. just suggestions. I believe we are adults

All you wrote are summed into two things: The good luck administration didn't save, why? Buhari is working with less.

It's not my thing to defend politicians but hey I'd say what is as clear to most people as sunlight.

To answer #1: The same people in government today fought tooth and nail to see that Goodluck didn't save money from the ECA. They have since swallowed back their vomits. Why don't you?

To answer #2: Every budget is written with a benchmark in the price of crude oil. Meaning that the government has excess to work with whenever the price of crude goes above the benchmark even by a dollar. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Why did Buhari spend six months before choosing a cabinet? I guess you've forgotten about that. The economy was bleeding while buhari was comfortable running a one man show. Tinubu infamously came out to say that the first 100 days of a government is like honeymoon, aka for enjoyment and relaxing. In saner climes, the first 100 days is a yardstick to measure performance. Not in Nigeria. You mentioned the pipeline vandalisms... I ask you, what caused the pipeline vandalism? isn't it bigotry on the part of the current fg?

Well I believe all I wrote above, you already know. You are just being... well... you.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by eagleeye2: 7:54am On May 21, 2018
Jaideyone:

cc eagleeye2
RZArecta2
doctokwus
fineboynl
pedrito
ikennaf1
madeintokyo

You are still looking for who to blame. smh. I thought Goodluck, depleted the whole reserve? I didn't even know that he left $21b according to you?
And the price if oil is not $45 per barrel, please update your info.
Again, what a time to be alive.

21 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by Nobody: 7:57am On May 21, 2018
eagleeye2:

You are still looking for who to blame. smh. I thought Goodluck, depleted the whole reserve? I didn't even know that he left $21b according to you?

Guy, when confusion sets in, reasoning and progress flies out the window. It's happening to the current government, and to their die hard supporters in extension.

12 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by saaron(m): 8:15am On May 21, 2018
Good one from Timi Frank. Nigeria has become a massive shiithole under buhari's destructive regime.

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by saaron(m): 8:21am On May 21, 2018
RZArecta2:
APC zombies will destroy Timi Frank online while the demonic FG through the EFCC will trace billions of dollars to his accounts. Please, don't forget he's a senior APC member o... Fóols
They have since denied Frank as an APC member. Next thing we will hear is that Timi Frank is a gun runner for Saraki's hitmen. Nigeria under buhari has gone to the dogs.

10 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by Jaideyone(m): 8:27am On May 21, 2018
eagleeye2:

it was $45 around the time of the recession. you should update your own info

of course Jonathan didn't finish the reserves but it was decreasing at a time the reserves of other serious OPEC members were on the rise. Jonathan failed!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by Jaideyone(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2018
ikennaf1:

All you wrote are summed into two things: The good luck administration didn't save, why? Buhari is working with less.

It's not my thing to defend politicians but hey I'd say what is as clear to most people as sunlight.

To answer #1: The same people in government today fought tooth and nail to see that Goodluck didn't save money from the ECA. They have since swallowed back their vomits. Why don't you?

To answer #2: Every budget is written with a benchmark in the price of crude oil. Meaning that the government has excess to work with whenever the price of crude goes above the benchmark even by a dollar. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Why did Buhari spend six months before choosing a cabinet? I guess you've forgotten about that. The economy was bleeding while buhari was comfortable running a one man show. Tinubu infamously came out to say that the first 100 days of a government is like honeymoon, aka for enjoyment and relaxing. In saner climes, the first 100 days is a yardstick to measure performance. Not in Nigeria. You mentioned the pipeline vandalisms... I ask you, what caused the pipeline vandalism? isn't it bigotry on the part of the current fg?

Well I believe all I wrote above, you already know. You are just being... well... you.
lol ignoramus grin

where did I mention ECA in my post? Jonathan depleted our FR!!!

as for the ECA Jonathan was spending from it without giving the governors their own share so they had to force him to share it once and for all. who started spending it before the governors slasked for their own share? JONATHAN!!!

btw the last time I checked buhari wasn't a governor then so your point number 1 reeks of ignorance.

as for your point number two that's the reason I'll give buhari % of the blame for the recession. but your dear GEJ still takes 60% for squandering our commonwealth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank by Nobody: 8:38am On May 21, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol ignoramus grin

where did I mention ECA in my post? Jonathan depleted our FR!!!

as for the ECA Jonathan was spending from it without giving the governors their own share so they had to force him to share it once and for all. who started spending it before the governors slasked for their own share? JONATHAN!!!

btw the last time I checked buhari wasn't a governor then so your point number 1 reeks of ignorance.

as for your point number two that's the reason I'll give buhari % of the blame for the recession. but your dear GEJ still takes 60% for squandering our commonwealth.

You're just being you.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Petition Written To EFCC Against Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun / Edo PDP Resolves Crisis, Ogbeide-Ihama To Withdraw Case Against Obaseki / Why I May Not Win 2023 Presidency - (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.